[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fukuda Posts Long Ramble About Destiny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2

File: 1280x720-v7Y.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-v7Y.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
Fukuda just posted some long ramble which, based on Google Translate, seems to be taking some Destiny producer to task for once criticizing Morosawa as a slow writer. Any moonspeakers want to take a crack at it?

先月、ガンダムSEEDDESTINYの作画監督の椛島君に会いました。
両澤のお悔やみを貰って、その後色々と話しました。
彼は10年前、DESTINYの終了間際に両澤に対する愚痴をブログに上げた事を今も非常に後悔してました。
その事を言われる事も多かったと思うし、流石に言いすぎたと思ったのかもしれません。
10年前、僕は僕なりにペナルティを下したので、今更責めるつもりも謝ってもらうつもりもないのですが、ネットというのは怖いところで、終わったことや黙殺したことまでが、あたかも本当の事だったように残ってしまうことです。
先日も考えさせられるような事が有ったのですが、基本的にはネットの情報や人の噂を無批判に信じる業界人はそれだけで駄目な連中と僕は認識してます。
僕はネットの噂なんて殆どがデタラメと思ってるので全く気にしないし、両澤はそもそもそんな愚にもつかない噂なんて見ないから、知らないのだけれど、流石に誤解は解いておこうと、椛島くんに真実を話しました。
両澤は西川君のラジオ番組の最終回にはに足を運んでないし、僕も遊びで行った訳ではないと言うこと。
西川君は公私を問わずガンダムSEEDの成功に貢献してくれたし、アフレコや打ち上げにもわざわざ時間をとって参加してくれて、スタッフを慰労してくれた恩人です。
私は物凄く大きな花束を西川さんからいただきました。今でもその時の光景は覚えています。
その彼のラジオの最終回に花を持って感謝の意を伝えるのは、監督として当たり前の事だということ。
当然、プロデューサーも許可していることなので、とりあえず手持ちの仕事は片づけて行ったし、直ぐにスタジオに戻って仕事を続けたということ。
あとは両澤は決して遅筆ではないということ。
大抵のシナリオが3稿4稿、時には10稿まで行くのが当たり前なのですが、両澤は基本初稿でOK貰ってます。
当然そうなる為に考える時間は使うのだが、人の倍かかるということはない。
基本1週から2週。ものによっては1日で書いたホンもある。
結果、何稿も重ねるよりずっとはやい。でなければ、1年という長丁場を、それも2年度も仕切ることは出来ない。
近年のハイターゲット作品が半年シリーズでも満足に支えられない状況だと考えれば、当時のスタッフの頑張りは大変なものだったし、今にして思えば良くやってくれたと僕は思う。
ただ、監督が厳しいので大変だったと思う。
結局スケジュールに関しては、それは一ライターや一スタッフの責任ではなく、内容と質に責任を負う監督とスケジュールとクオリティを総合的に判断して決断したプロデューサーが負う問題だと言うこと。
結果的には、妥協しなかったからこそ、それなりのヒットにも繋がったと思う。それに関しては両澤の力は大きかった。
作品や仕事の質に対してクリエイター同志が批判することは有って構わないし、それは大いにやるべきなのだが、仕事の速度は、これは制作の問題。まして仕事をしていないなどとは、言いがかりもはなはだしいし、信頼関係を壊すような発言を公にすることは、同じ作品を作ってきたスタッフとして認めていいものではない。
まあ、当時は彼も思うような仕事が出来なかったということなので、かなりイライラしていたと思います。
その事に關しては、謝罪を貰いました。
椛島くんには、いつか名誉は回復してやってくれ。とお願いしました。
彼も判ってくれたようで、また仕事しましょうと、別れました。
両澤は私がネットで意見を言ったり、反論したりするのも好みませんでした。
基本的には公式ページや記事になったものが全て。
無駄な行為というより、そういう世界は目が汚れるからよしなさい、というスタンスでした。
まあ作品を作り続けていれば、そういった野次や誤解もいずれは消えるだろうと思っていましたが、両澤とはもう永久に作品を作れませんし反論もできないですから、ここに書き留めておきます。
>>
>>14096527
And the Google Translate version:

>Last month, I met Kabashima kun of the animation director of Gundam SEEDDESTINY.
>Got the condolences of both Sawa, was then lot of talk.
>He is 10 years ago, I was still very regret that raised the complaint against RyoSawa to blog on the verge of the end DESTINY.
>I think that there were many that said that thing, might have thought that was too much to say indeed.
>10 years ago, because I had made a penalty in Nari me, I do not even going to get that apology is also going to blame too late, where scary because the net is, until it has finished the thing and silence, as if the real thing it may remain as it was.
>Also I can, such as thought-provoking was there the other day, basically industry who believe uncritically the information and people of the rumors of the net is recognized only and useless guys I'm it.
>I It almost Nante rumors of the net is not in exactly the mind because they thought that bullshit, RyoSawa is the first place do not see Nante rumor that does not stick to such folly, but I do not know, misunderstanding truly are and let's solve, I told the truth Kabashima kun.
>It RyoSawa is not carrying a foot in the final times of Nishikawa-kun of the radio program, I also say that not performed in play.
>Nishikawa You are to me to contribute to the success of Gundam SEED regardless of the public and private, and who participated taking bother time in dubbing and launch, is a benefactor who has benefits staff.
>I have received extremely large bouquet from Nishikawa. Sight of that time still remember.
>The with flowers convey the gratitude in the final times of the his radio, the fact that the thing for granted as a director.
>Of course, so that you are also allowed producers, the fact that It was carried out for the time being held in the hand of the work cleaning up, continued to work immediately back to the studio.
>That RyoSawa is by no means slow pen is after.
>>
>>14096536
>Most of scenario 3 draft 4 draft, I is natural to go to sometimes 10 draft, RyoSawa has got OK with basic first draft.
>I time to think in order to naturally become so used, but not the fact that people of double take.
>2 weeks from the basic one week. Some things there is also a book written in one day.
>A result, much faster than superimpose anything manuscript. Otherwise, a marathon of one year, it also can not be partitioned also second year.
>Given recent high target work is that it is the situation that can not be supported satisfied even in half a year the series, I think It was a precious thing is do my best at the time of the staff, who are doing well in retrospect.
>However, I think it was very much because the director is severe.
>For after all schedule, it is not the responsibility of one writer and one staff, overall judgment decided the producer is a problem but say be held by the director and schedule and quality responsible for the content and quality.
>In the end, precisely because I did not compromise, I think that led to decent hit. The power of both Sawa was greater with respect to it.
>It does not matter if there is that the creators comrades to criticism on the quality of work and work, but it's we should do a lot, the speed of the work, this is production of a problem. Etc. and it is not much less at work, to accusation also extreme, be publicly remarks, such as breaking the trust relationship is not good recognized as staff who have made the same work.
>Well, at that time so that I could not he be like I work, I think that was pretty frustrating.
>Is to Jour about it, I received an apology.
>The Kabashima kun, someday honor me doing to recover. I asked with.
>He also seemed to me to know, also if let's work, we parted.
>RyoSawa did not like I or say the opinion on the net, even to or refute.
>Basically, all the things that became the official page and articles.
>>
>>14096539
>Rather than a useless act, such the world is please good because the eye is dirty, was the stance.
>If Well long been making the work, but I thought it would eventually disappear even such a jeers and misunderstanding, because the RyoSawa I can not even argue It does not make the work on the other forever, make a note here
>>
Why didnt Sunrise exam all of there writers for medical checkup?
>>
>>14096548

Why would they?
>>
>>14096555
To discover if they are Normal or Not.
>>
>>14096562

A medical won't reveal that.
>>
>>14096570
It'd be better then doing nothing. Cause that's what they did and look how Gundam turned out.
>>
>>14096579

You might feel better, but it wouldn't actually do more than nothing and it'd put s lot of people out for no reason. And Gundam would still turn out the same. So it would probably be worse than nothing since it'd be a waste of time and money on the part of a lot of people.
>>
Can't find any other source that matches your original Japanese text. OP I think you need to clear that for us first.
>>
>>14096599
fb / mitsuo.fukuda.75/posts/991944924219252
>>
>>14096539
>In the end, precisely because I did not compromise, I think that led to decent hit.

This is the part that stuck out to me. Decent hit, as in not a mega-hit or the like SEED was. More evidence that Destiny underperformed.
>>
>>14096768
Destiny sold more units per volume than SEED. Destiny and SEED are the third and fourth best selling original anime since 2000, if I remember right.
>>
手遅れだろ
>>
>>14096779
Ratings still took a major hit and as we all know, Gunpla is where Gundam makes most of it's money. Destiny's Gunpla sales have always been suspect due to many posts on JP imageboards and blogs back when the show was airing about how it just wasn't moving merchandise.
>>
>>14096815
They didn't do anything to improve the kits, most gundam series tend to throw in some advancement or gimmick to their kits.
>>
SEED DESTINY REMAKE PLS
>>
>>14096527
Would SEED DESTINY be better if Shinn kills Athrun?
>>
>>14099010
yes
>>
>>14099997
I mean, Heavens forbids Kira dying so why not Athrun?
>>
>>14100184

Well most people write Kira dying as a revenge fantasy rather than because it serves the story. Athrun dying because Kira can't wouldn't be much different in most cases.
>>
>>14099010
Main issue with Shinn is that he's a puppet, and, in contrast with Athrun in SEED, he wouldn't see it even if someone presented enough evidence in his fucking face. He's so obsessed into finding someone to blame for his sister dead that he can't see that he is becoming the same thing that killed his sister: a totalitarian arse. That's why he really didn't work as a MC, even with Athrun trying to guide him, with BrightSlap (TM) and everything.

Sad thing is that, Shinn could've been an awesome character, and ended being the perfect excuse to bring back Kira to the story
>>
>>14100196
Plot wise it wouldn't be so different
>>
>>14100252
>That's why he really didn't work as a MC, even with Athrun trying to guide him, with BrightSlap (TM) and everything.
The main issue is that Athrun actually blamed him there for not following orders and doing things on his own.

When Shinn was being settled into Dullindal's puppet, Athrun was very distant from him (and everyone else) already, generally mopping around without doing anything, since he didn't want to fight against Kira but also couldn't gather enough will to stand up against Zaft either.
>>
>>14100252
The same thing he *thinks* killed his sister. His sister died because war is shit, it's his victim delusions and NPD that are desperate to find someone to blame.
>>
So from what I'm gathering from that disaster translation up there.

That staff member that bitched about Morosawa on his blog gave condolences and apologized.

TM sent him his condolences as well. Fukuda thinks much of the sucess of Seed was thanks to TM.

Fukuda didn't compromise with the issues in Destiny, and thinks it turned out pretty well as a result.

Morosawa didn't like that basically everyone on the internet hated her.
>>
>>14102622
>Morosawa didn't like that basically everyone on the internet hated her.

Because heaven forbid that you do your job properly, and don't let personal vendettas or headcanon fanwanking get in the way of doing that job.
>>
>>14096815
>back when the show was airing about how it just wasn't moving merchandise.

Because the fucking Strike Freedom wasn't released as a kit until after the show ended

That was fucking weirrrrrrrrd
>>
>>14102622
>Fukuda didn't compromise with the issues in Destiny, and thinks it turned out pretty well as a result.

And that makes a grand total of one person who thinks so.
>>
>>14102637
Strike Freedom was released in Sept 2005 while the show ended on Oct 1. It was the Destiny Gundam that didn't get a release until November.
>>
>>14102622
>Fukuda didn't compromise with the issues in Destiny, and thinks it turned out pretty well as a result.

And that's probably why his career died afterwords. His bosses were upset with the production, he was stubborn and refused to change anything.
>>
>>14103114

Plus the people who bought it on home media. Both times. Which is quite a few people in the end.
>>
> morosawa was sick and dies
> staff gave him condolences
> fukuda asumes she did a good job
> fukuda asumes he did a good job
> fukuda asumes destiny was good

thats bullshit, becouse SRW fixes everthing
>>
>>14096548
It's against the law to fire/deny a job to someone based on their health.
>>
>>14096527
It was Sakuga director Kabashima who criticised her on his blog, and Fukuda says he mets him the other day and Kabashima broke into tears and wailed about how much he regretted ever doubting Morosawa who was a great super genius and the best person ever and that goes on for the rest of the post.
>>
>>14096527
Fukuda wants to clear up things from ten years ago, because all people remember are
-What Kabashima posted
-The fact that Kabashima's posts were erased
Which has them assume that his posts were true.

Kabashima already got his punishment back then.

The facts are
-Morosawa was not a huge Nishikawa fan and wasn't even at the last radio recording, Fukuda didn't go there for no reason
-Nishikawa contributed a lot to Seed, taking the time to participate in events and such, and Fukuda got a massive bouquet from him
-It was thus his duty as director to visit Nishikawa's final recording with a bouquet himself
-This was approved by the producer and was done after all the work at the time was cleared up and Fukuda returned directly to the studio immediately after
-Morosawa did nothing wrong
-Most scripts need to be rewritten 3-4 times, some up to 10 times, but Morosawa's were almost always approved on the first go
-She needed time to think before writing but no longer than other people
-She took 1-2 weeks per scripts, in some cases only one day
-Consider how recent shows can't even handle half year series properly before you criticise the Seed Destiny staff
>>
>>14096527
-The schedule problems are not the responsibility of the writer or any staff member but the producer and director, who are supposed to balance schedule and quality
-It's one thing to criticise creators on the quality of a work, but speed of work is on the production side of things, so blaming the creators is ridiculous.
-Staff members making public comments and breaking the trust with other staff is something unforgiveable
-But Kabashima himself was unable to do what he wanted at the time and Fukuda thinks he was upset about that
-Kabashima did apologise for everything, and they parted on good terms saying they might work together again sometime
-Morosawa didn't like Fukuda's habit of reading comments online and commenting on the, to her stuff on official pages and articles were everything and there was no point in dirtying your eyes with useless acts
-If you continue making works this sort of misunderstanding will eventually clear up, but he's posting this because Morosawa will never have that chance
>>
Gundam SEED Destiny Remake/Rebuild/RE:73 when?
>>
>>14103846
Missed one bit

-Fukuda says he usually treats all comments on the internet as lies and rubbish, while Morosawa never looked at that sort of stuff to begin with and never knew about all this.

-Kabashima didn't know about most of the facts here, and Fukuda told him about it when they met recently.
>>
>>14103846
>-It's one thing to criticise creators on the quality of a work, but speed of work is on the production side of things, so blaming the creators is ridiculous.

Conclusion: Seed Destiny wasn't shit because the writer was slow, it was shit because the writing was shit
>>
>>14103846
So basically he's saying that nothing that happened was their fault.
>>
>>14103846
>Morosawa didn't like Fukuda's habit of reading comments online and commenting on the, to her stuff on official pages and articles were everything and there was no point in dirtying your eyes with useless acts
hahaha oh wow
>>
>>14103875
He's previously said that Destiny itself is flawless, and the only thing he's addressing here is the rumours on how TM Nishikawa only got on the project because Morosawa was a fan and how she was a slow writer, so yeah

tl;dr Fukuda and Morosawa did nothing wrong, also there's nothing wrong with Destiny
>>
>>14103882

If she can knock out an episode in a day, even only occasionally, then she deserves some respect in my eyes. It might be a bad episode (and a bad show), but even writing gibberish for that many pages is hard work really.
>>
>>14103882
So basically, he's confirming that most of the rumors about the show are true.
>>
>>14103892
>If she can knock out an episode in a day, even only occasionally, then she deserves some respect in my eyes. It might be a bad episode (and a bad show), but even writing gibberish for that many pages is hard work really.
Is taking one day to write
-Meer is dying
-Insert 20 minute recap here
-Meer dies
really all that impressive?
>>
>>14103915

Assuming she makes a full episode's script out of those concepts and not just your asinine reductivity because you dislike the show, then yes.
>>
conclusion: the reason why we're not getting any continuation is the in-fighting within the staff, not the reception of the Show.
>>
>>14103945
And also because Morosawa is dead.
>>
>>14103945
once Fukuda dies, a successor would have to be named, most likely Staff from either Astray or Stargazer.
>>
>>14103937
>reductivity
Meaning? My dictionary doesn't know that word.
>>
>>14103962
actually, no. It's the press reason, but the in-fighting between staff brought down the possibility of Sunrise ever trusting them with the show, since you know... this >>14103915
>>
>>14103970

Oh god, you're a pedant too. It means to use reduction, as the word and context would imply.
>>
>>14103895
No he isn't?

He's saying the show had production flaws but the flaws were to blame on the producers and director (i.e himself) and not the writers and that the erased blog post was a writer speaking out in frustration and not actually accurate.

You're stretching this super-fucking-far to get your reading of it.
>>
>>14104084
so basically, he's actually deflecting the blame on Morosawa towards him? Which is... admirable.
>>
> stellar kills lots of people in scandinavia
> people try to stop her and shin defends her
> someone kills stellar
> shin wants revenge for her
> making shin an asshole
>>
>>14104094
He's not even deflecting the blame for the show's quality off Morisawa. (He says it's fair to blame writers if you think the show is bad.) He's referring entirely to the one blog post which blamed the production delays on her.

The only thing this really does is acknowledge there were production problems but not because of Morisawa being slow with scripts, and with Fukuda saying that Destiny was a hit regardless.
>>
>>14096527

You know I would forgive A LOT of Destiny if Shinn just told Kira to fuck off then and there.
>>
>>14104127
>CRAAAAWLING IIIIIN MYYYYYYYYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIN

What's better is Shinn secretly planning rebellion.
>>
>>14103962
Morosawa death was unexpected but deserved to be.
condolences given as in normal person, but NOT as in Gundam fans.
>>
>>14104234
If you think someone deserved to die because they were one of several writers on a subpar show you are kind of fucked up.
>>
>>14103828
>>14103846
Just fucking let it go already Fukuda, even Nagai Space didn't manage to fuck up as hard as you, and boy, did he fuck up.
>>
>>14104234
>but NOT as in Gundam fans.

And gundam fans confirmed for shitty human beings.

It's a fucking cartoon, and she was a human whom someone loved and loved someone else. If you think for a second that a fucking cartoon for children sucking is worth condemning a life than you can go right to fucking hell.

I swear you're as bad as all those Macross fags who where cheering when Macek died. You all sicken me.
>>
>>14102622
>Morosawa didn't like that basically everyone on the internet hated her.
Woooooow, bugged writing mechanics, Thanks Fukuda.
>>
>>14104343
Don't condemn us all.
Not all of our souls are weighed down by gravity.
We don't all bear people ill will over trivial matters such as these.
Some of us are understanding enough to see past such matters.
>>
>>14104346
>hurrr goglge trunslaete

are you retarded?
>>
>>14103828
>>14103846
Fukuda and his late wife are the Japanese Slott. Holy shit.
>>
>>14104343
>h-hey 4chan stop being edgy
no
>>
File: 1306936500205.jpg (462KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1306936500205.jpg
462KB, 480x640px
>>14104084
Well, I don't know, guy.
A lot of people are saying that "this show is fucked", and they're apart of the production.

When you look at the production objectively, you can see that there are a lot LOT of production issues, plot lines that get dropped, and the ending had to be fixed with an ending special AND a set of compilation movies. We've got the "main character"'s voice actor going on record saying that the character didn't go out the way he thought he would, and he was much happier with the rewritten version of what's basically official fan-fiction.

And then the guy behind it says "No! Everything is fine, people were just whining way too much!"

I'm not one of the random ARGH I HATE FUKUDA AND MOROSAWA AND I'M SO GLAD SHE DIED. I think what happened to her was pretty sad, actually. I'm more inclined to believe that he's saying that to deflect any fault from himself and his wife and that the show wasn't a gigantic mess, when it really was.

GEAR Fighter Dendoh is one of my favorite shows to this very day. I don't care what anyone says.
I LIKED Gundam SEED.
If there was some alternate future where there's no new cast, and the old cast on another adventure, and the show is passable? I'd fucking take it!

But GSD we actually got is a fucking mess, and this isn't the first time he's went on a tangent about how nothing was wrong with it
Just because she can write a script in a day doesn't mean it's a good idea. What if the script needs revision? What if you've forgotten important details (which this show has done before) I can turn in an essay in a day, but will it make an A-Grade, or just pass? In the final episodes, there are literally scenes of people standing around and talking, or entire episodes of flashbacks. There's something WRONG here.
I could probably write a script in a day after some practice, but would that make it good?

I get the idea of not trying to take all the blame fault in this sort of business, but I've heard this routine before.
>>
>>14104785
>But GSD we actually got is a fucking mess, and this isn't the first time he's went on a tangent about how nothing was wrong with it

Yes. It is sad his wife died and he has my sympathy, but this is obviously a smokescreen to try and divert criticism.

1) It's kinda funny how Fukuda says his wife's scripts were so good that the first version was immediately accepted. Especially considering how he has said in the past he loves his wife's writing. So, there is always going to be the shadow of doubt that he simply let her scripts pass because of that bias.

2) The whole argument is about the speed of the production.1 day scripts? Seriously? It's obvious how behind the production fell as the show went on. If the quality falls because of the state of the production, of course the creators are to blame.

3) The whole staff members making public comments thing. Is this an example of the whole "blindly follow your bosses thing" Japan is so keen on? So, staff can never voice their own opinions on a project? Tell that to various actors, writers and directors that have addressed criticisms of their work.

> If you continue making works this sort of misunderstanding will eventually clear up, but he's posting this because Morosawa will never have that chance

Funny how the same issues keep cropping up in her and her husbands work.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.