[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what happened to him, exactly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

File: moon samurai man.jpg (10KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
moon samurai man.jpg
10KB, 300x230px
So, what happened to him, exactly?
>>
Nanomachines, son
>>
The Turns ate him.
>>
metamorphosis into a butterfly where he will learn peace, understanding son
>>
>>14094334
Foreverially tiedup butterflytized
>>
>>14094381
>>
KONO DIO DA
>>
He looks like Tommy Wiseau.
>>
>>14094452
>THIS IS BULLSHIT I NEVER HIT HER
>OH HI MARK
>>
File: Brundlefly.jpg (37KB, 721x575px) Image search: [Google]
Brundlefly.jpg
37KB, 721x575px
In a couple months he'll come out of the cocoon looking something like this.
>>
>>14094334
Well that depends on whether or not he's in a state that requires nutrients. Personally I'm going with starved to death.
>>
>>14094600
>implying nanomachines can't provide nutrition
>>
File: 1459226528638.png (578KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459226528638.png
578KB, 600x600px
>>14094600
>>14094588
>>14094533
>>
>>14094600
He's not confirmed to be in the coccoon. Both he and Laura were outside their Turns for that sword "fight" and both turn away from each other at the same time. We see Laura run away, but we don't see what happened to Gym at all.
>>
>>14094334

He suffocated and died. The gunpla manuals indicate that the Turns can revive a pilot if he died in the cockpit but Gym isn't in the cockpit and is instead in a cocoon. He dead.
>>
>>14094636

We see him refuse to let go of his broken sword and nanomachine tentacles grab him. He's in there.
>>
>>14094636
>Laura
Guin please
>>
>>14094533
>OH HAI TAAN EI NO PAIROTO
>>
>>14094645
>Not letting go of his broken warrior spirit/instict
like pottery
>>
>>14094691
>if you don't let go of the past
>you'll be trapped along with it
Sochie is the key to all of this
>>
>>14094708
She's a cuter character than we've ever had before
>>
File: 1451255024196.jpg (36KB, 301x432px) Image search: [Google]
1451255024196.jpg
36KB, 301x432px
>>14094722
Sure, but that's not the message with her anon.

One has to grow up and get over the past to get their pussy licked.
>>
He's being merged with the Turn A and the Turn X's nanomachines (which are actually just ELS fused with DG Cells).

He will emerge from the cocoon as Gymdam. He will look like Setsuna, all silver and shit.
>>
>>14094735
>which are actually just ELS fused with DG Cells
I wonder how far we can go, implementing post-Turn A shows into its universe.
>>
File: 5ebba8dd99c074fe789495bae527c030.jpg (471KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5ebba8dd99c074fe789495bae527c030.jpg
471KB, 1000x1200px
I really should make a Gym shirt
>>
File: 1455216338514.jpg (23KB, 488x488px) Image search: [Google]
1455216338514.jpg
23KB, 488x488px
Finished watching Turn A Gundam a couple days ago. Jesus, was that ending a big letdown.
>Guin betrays everybody by stealing forbidden knowledge, siding with a space samurai who we don't even get to know all that well, and invading Earth for no reason other than LOL POLITICS
>Final fight is a magical nanomachine moonlight butterfly buttfuck fiasco that wasn't in the least bit engaging
>Moonies go back to the moon after everything they fought for because LOL FIGHTING INSTINCTS
>Dianna/Kihel? and Loran run off to the mountains and live as hermits
>Best girl gets cucked by atomic fire and moon queen/her sister?
Still liked the series as a whole tho, especially as somebody whose never watched Gundam before. Kapool is best mobile suit
>>
>>14094622
Holy shit
>>
>>14094732
>Shining Finger
>not a picture of Domon Kasshu

Admittedly, I am yet to watch Turn A, but is there a reason that features Gym Ghingham?
>>
>>14095518
The Turn X can use the shining finger.
>>
>>14095518
The Turn X has a Shining Finger of its own.
>>
>>14095524
>>14095526
Really? That's pretty cool. I just figured it was one of those things that was exclusive to the Future Century.
>>
>>14095539
Gym spams it all the time in Gundam Musou games.

Also one of the handful of people in them who just does shit for himself without waffling on about peace or 'the future'
>>
>>14095556
See, I'm familiar with most characters outside of the few series I've watched because of Gundam Musou 3, but I never really noticed him using it. I don't think I'd ever played as Turn X either.
>>
File: 1457919603717.png (308KB, 555x398px) Image search: [Google]
1457919603717.png
308KB, 555x398px
>>14095556
Gym was the hero we didn't deserve.
>>
>>14095539
Yup Shining finger and Moonlight butterfly are his specials he even shouts it out when he gives people the finger.

>>14095570
Gym was my main guy in Musou 3 and he came of a fuckload saner than the new 00 guys like setsuna did. I mean holy fuck if setsuna's VA was aiming for "deranged psychopathic zealot" then he nailed it. Mr Gendum sounded
completely insane if i hadn't seen 00 i'd have thought he was a villan.
>>
>>14094645
>We see him refuse to let go of his broken sword

He couldn't let go because he couldn't move.

See >>14094691. He was locked in the same stance as when he was fighting Loran. Even the sword Loran was using is still floating in the air.
>>
I'm just gonna walk away from this thread now having the image in my head of the villain of Turn-A Gundam being Tommy Wiseau.
>>
>>14094735

Going by G-Reco they did find the turn series since one of the G-types can use the moonlight butterfly. makes you wonder because they both are still superior to anything we see in reco
>>
File: 1448645527042.jpg (958KB, 1280x1828px) Image search: [Google]
1448645527042.jpg
958KB, 1280x1828px
>>14096020
>That moment when Johnny and Mark put on their best tuxedos and began a battle to the death on the roof using the Turns with the Moonlight Footballs at full power.
I admit I got really hyped.
>>
>>14096013

You blind? Loran breaks his sword and he keeps attacking even with a sword that's more handle than blade. The Moonlight Butterfly reaches out and grabs the remaining blade, Loran lets go of his sword and Gym keeps hold of his and then gets grabbed along with it. Gym kept fighting even with a broken sword and could have stopped then but didn't. If Loran has time to let go of his sword when the tentacles grab it then Gym does to. He just doesn't. And then he gets dragged in with it because he's literally unable to let go of his desire to fight.
>>
>>14097905

Watch the episode again.

You clearly see that the nanomachines come from Gym's direction which means that they grabbed Gym first and so Loran was still allowed to escape.

Whether his death was meant to be symbolic is irrelevant. Gym couldn't escape even if he wanted to because he couldn't move.
>>
>>14098128

The nanomachines don't hurt organics, so he could always escape if he wanted. That's why they grabbed the sword blade - they don't give a shit about the people, just the technology.
>>
>>14098153

So guess there's no point for Loran to run away knowing this? By your logic, Loran could have just stood in the exact same spot and he and Gym would've been unharmed since they were both made of organic material. Like all the other dead and presumed dead during the course of the show, we don't see Gym in the epilogue.

Another thing to consider is that Gym was frozen in the same fighting stance he was in when he was fighting Loran when the nanomachines snuck up on him. The only thing we see move is his hair billowing in the breeze as he gets engulfed by the nanomachines.
>>
>>14098209

He ran away because he didn't want to dragged in too. Or because he never wanted to be in that fight in the first place. Or because he had other people he wanted to check on. Or because there was two damaged machines releasing nanomachines close by as they built a cocoon and now that he has no reason to be there he doesn't want to be. Take your pick. Gym was in the same position because he was part of the cocoon and surrounded by nanomachines that had no interest in him at that point. He couldn't get out if he wanted I imagine.
>>
>>14098226
>He couldn't get out if he wanted I imagine.

That's the point I made in >>14096013
>>
>>14098245

No, it isn't. I'm saying he couldn't get out by that point, he's saying that Gym could never have gotten out or done anything else. There's a difference.
>>
>>14098252
>I'm saying he couldn't get out by that point, he's saying that Gym could never have gotten out or done anything else. There's a difference.

Your point is about as clear as mud.

Gym couldn't escape the nanomachines because he couldn't move because of said nanomachines. That's been stated multiple times already.
>>
>>14095524
>>14095526
Turn X has a palm cannon that Gym calls the Shining Finger.
It in no way resembles the Shining Finger attack that Domon does,
iirc Gym just kind of assumes "Is this the SHINING FINGER?" after he uses an attack that's only sorta vaguely reminiscent of Heat End.
Watch any episode of G Gundam (he does it in literally every one) and then watch what Gym calls the shining finger. There's no comparison, it's like someone naming a kitchen knife "excalibur".
>>
>>14098310

My point is that he could have escaped when they initially caught his sword and didn't. The other anons point is that he couldn't have escaped at any point.
>>
>>14098350

Watch the scene again.

By the time the nanomachines got to swords it was already too late for Gym judging from the direction the nanomachines were coming from. Gym never had chance.
>>
>>14098434

I did watch the scene again. I still think he could have escaped because the tendrils were ephemeral and weak and only holding the sword - if he'd let it go and just run he'd have been fine. He didn't. And several seconds later it's too late.
>>
>>14098440

No way, man. There was MAYBE two seconds between locking swords with Loran and seeing the initial tendrils to a gigantic wave of nanomachines rolls in. Considering the direction from where the nanomachines are coming from, it's safe to assume that it was already too late for Gym to react to what was going on by the time we see the tendrils on the swords.

The only way Gym could've survived is by not challenging Loran at all.
>>
>>14098475

Loran was like half a foot from him and was fine. If it was only the fact that there was only 2 seconds then he'd have been fucked too. He wasn't though. He dropped his sword as soon as it happened and got out of there. Gym didn't.
>>
>>14098483

Loran was also downstream of where the nanomachines were coming from. It's arguable that he had more time to react to what was happening than Gym ever did. Gym couldn't drop his sword because he never really had the chance.
>>
>>14098498

Gym did have a chance though. He had as much chance as Loran because the tendrils didn't touch the handle, only the blade. He could have dropped it and didn't because he wanted to keep fighting. In fact, they grab Loran's sword too, and while he's standing there watching and making sense of it for a few seconds, the same kind of tendrils grab the Turn-X's head. And then Loran runs. And is able to run despite being within the same field as the tendrils.
>>
>>14098537

The direction of the nanomachines were coming from means that Loran always had more time to react than Gym ever did. Furthermore, it's arguable to say that Loran being downstream of the nanomachines could mean that he saw the tide rolling in before Gym had ever had a clue of what was going on.

Gym being frozen in his fighting stance and Loran's sword still floating in the air in the same position as when Loran let go of it instead of lying on the ground implies that Gym no time to react.
>>
>>14094588
>filename
Oh, god.
>>
>>14098596

He didn't see it though, and it's obvious. Because he was busy at the time and focusing his attention elsewhere than his surroundings. Like on the crazy guy sword-fighting him at the time. Loran had about as much time to react as Gym did.

The sword was floating in the air because it was technology and was what was grabbed. Gym was floating because he stayed with his sword when it was grabbed and refused to let it go like Loran.
>>
>>14098609

Gym wasn't floating. He was still standing on the same small slope when he was fighting Loran.

If you watch that scene there are some undeniable facts that can't be brushed away:

>The positioning of Loran and Gym means that Gym was hit with the nanomachines first judging by the direction they were coming from.
>There was a very small amount of time between the tendrils on the sword to the tide of nanomachines.
>Gym was already making choking/struggling noises by the time the tendrils touch the swords and continues making these noises up until his final shot.
>Loran's sword and Gym himself were suspended in the same position as when Loran and Gym were in a sword lock.
>Loran was able to escape, but Gym didn't.

Those are the facts and anything else that people try to add is just speculation with no real basis. Looking at the facts, it's fair to judge that Loran got away by the skin of his teeth while Gym had no chance at all.
>>
how about loran lived because hes the main charracter and gym didnt escape because he's the antag, case closed
>>
File: smiling gym gyngnham.jpg (39KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
smiling gym gyngnham.jpg
39KB, 720x540px
I don't think his end was very justified. All he really wanted was to bring back the cycle of war so humanity's development could get back on track after lots of stagnant centuries.
He was probably insane from all the sustained hibernation, but he didn't deserve unending death.
>>
>>14098702

Gym isn't choking as soon as they hit the sword though, only a second later. Nor is the wave solid or dangerous that we know of. The same 'wave' extends to an area a couple of 'miles wide in the previous episode, with ships floating through it and people walking around without issue. The 'wave' isn't solid, or always fully dangerous, since it has to be activated by the looks of things and can fulfil other functions - like being a shield. You know when it's solid, like when it cuts Corin's Kapool in two, because it looks less ephemeral and translucent.

The tendrils grabbed the sword and Gym hung on. Loran dropped his, ran back then looked around to see what was happening. Then he runs when he realises Gym is gone since the area is dangerous and he has no reason to stick around.
>>
>>14098702
Or, you know, the nanomachines are overwhelmingly from the Turn A and Loran was their master.
>>
>>14098773
>master
>can't even stop them
>>
>>14098769
>Gym isn't choking as soon as they hit the sword though, only a second later.

Check your audio sync. He starts making weird noises by the time the tendrils appear on screen almost as soon as the swords touch each other. Gym was done for by that point. He never had a chance.
>>
>>14098773

I don't think that's the case.

Although I do feel that the last shot of the ∀ was meant to symbolize a connection with Loran (as well as some other things), I don't think it had a will of its own. One of the major themes of the show was the ∀ wasn't being used soley as a war machine and it's up to the person who wields the power to decide how to use that power.
>>
gym died because he wouldnt let go of his sword and METAPHORS BRO
please dont argue anon
>>
>>14099226

Gym didn't let go because he couldn't let go. He was unable to move even if he wanted to.
>>
>>14094831
>Kapool is best mobile suit
It's clearly a Capule.

I'm so sorry /m/ forgive me
>>
>>14101464
YOU FOOL YOU'VE DOOMED THIS THREAD
>>
>>14101464
I like carpools too. Helps in reducing congestions.
>>
>>14098747
I think the point was is that pretty much anything that came out of his mouth was absolute bullshit that practically no one believed, including himself. Dude just loved war.

At least, this is what I got out of Dianna/Kihel's conversations with the guy.
>>
>>14094645
>Tentacles.

If the Japanese were to ask, we already know what happened to Gym.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.