[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are people here that unironicly defend this show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 21

File: 42535.jpg (51KB, 225x324px) Image search: [Google]
42535.jpg
51KB, 225x324px
There are people here that unironicly defend this show
>>
>>14082034

Dark Hound is still a fucking sick gundam though.
>>
Sharp # is a good OP. Some characters were pretty cute. It had some nice MS designs.
>>
I mean after Try and IBO, this doesn't seem that bad

Still stupid as fuck but not that bad. Really just forgettable if anything
>>
>there are people here that unironically have opinions
>>
People here unironically defend ZZ, people here will defend literally anything.
>>
Why do you people get mad when others like things you don't
>>
There are people here who unironically watch shows they hate until the end and keep discussing this thing they hate forever instead of removing it from their lives.
>>
Did not care for Frito and Asexual. Did not care much for grandson but he had a cool gundam design.

Zeydas was a cool design.

Wrozzo was GOAT.
>High Grade Never.

Other than that, I have nothing. The show never really grabbed my attention so I just watched the fights via youtube clips.
>>
>>14082331
>Wrozzo was GOAT.
It really was.
>>
>>14082034
Better than SEED and Wing.
>>
>>14082279
But anon complaining about things is my main reason for living.
>>
File: 1300.jpg (301KB, 1577x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1300.jpg
301KB, 1577x1748px
>>14082034
Absolutely love the Legilis.
>>
>>14082279
>There are people here who unironically watch shows they hate until the end
I'll admit I did dislike AGE but being with /m/ kept me watching.

However, normally I drop shit I don't like.
>>
>>14082034
>unironicly

There are people on this board who unironically don't know how to spell.
>>
File: AGE- smile.gif (291KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
AGE- smile.gif
291KB, 480x270px
>>14082034
fuck you i liked it.
>>
>>14082358
Amen bro
>>
File: Vagan-Gear-063.jpg (732KB, 1476x1639px) Image search: [Google]
Vagan-Gear-063.jpg
732KB, 1476x1639px
The Vagan Gear is a big guy.
>>
>>14082550

Looking back, I don't think Flit's kill 'em all attitude would have subside if he had personally killed Desil who was the prime reason Yurin died, all things considered it'd jus bet a bandaid on a larger problem and that was the entire Vagan mission itself, if they weren't overtly attacking they were covertly destabilizing earth through sneakier methods.
>>
File: 1420386013477.jpg (218KB, 950x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1420386013477.jpg
218KB, 950x1320px
Kio's pretty cute
>>
>>14082034
It's better than IBO that's for sure
>>
File: 1352030105493.gif (340KB, 365x396px) Image search: [Google]
1352030105493.gif
340KB, 365x396px
>>14082635
>that episode he gets captured and he's scared shitless in skimpy prisoner clothes
>>
>>14082600
For you.
>>
File: second moon.png (153KB, 505x332px) Image search: [Google]
second moon.png
153KB, 505x332px
>>14082652
Crashing this colony.
>>
>>14082653

FUCK YOU SECOND MOON
>>
>>14082653
With no survivors!
>>
>>14082661
>hating second moon
>>
>>14082687

I hate what it represents.
>>
>>14082034
No one should have to take shit talk about their favorite show from a board in the state that /m/ is in right now. /m/ has forfeited that right.
>>
>>14082034
>implying the 3rd OP wasn't amazing
>>
People that don't like AGE are the ones that just don't get the series and how the entire show is an allegory of the current (at the time) state of the Gundam franchise.

>Flit is a representation of the old Gundam fan that refuses to accept the newer shows. The Age-1 is a design similar to the RX-78, and represents the UC timeline. Flit refuses to use use any machine beside this one, opting instead to polish it up and add new components like the Granza parts, these are meant to be the UC OVAs.
>The Vegans are the future of the franchise, a mix of dragons (old) with robots (new) to create something original and great.
>Kio is the younger Gundam fan, unburdened by past experiences with the franchise and having no ideas or expectations of what Gundam "should be". He simply wants to enjoy a new Gundam series, which Flit keeps trying to prevent from coming into being. Initially influenced by Flit into only liking UC, (Age-3) he eventually gets a taste of AU series (Age-FX) and the boundless potential for Gundam has
>Asem, blond and with a pirate Gundam, is a representation of the western Gundam fan. He's the best one there is, but largely irrelevant.
>>
>>14083064
>It's 2deep4u

Yeah no, you've read the production stories about what a nightmare it was right?
>>
>>14083242
>Yeah no, you've read the production stories about what a nightmare it was right?

Feel free to share. I've read Destiny's which was quite interesting, but the first time I've heard anything about AGE's production nightmares
>>
>>14083461

The only ones I've heard are that Hino didn't show up for a lot of meetings despite being the head writer, that he wrote it like a game (including not bothering to explain how enemies got places because he thought audiences would enjoy coming up with their own explanations) and that he didn't listen to the staff on some stuff, like the female staff thinking Yurin appearing to Flit at the end was shit.
>>
Say what you want about the writing but the production values were top notch.
>>
>>14082646
IBO made me enjoy AGE.
>>
>>14084762
>enjoy AGE

Let's not get crazy and say things we can't take back.
>>
>>14084790
In all honesty aside from the Fardain slums episode, all of AGE-2 aside from the first and second to last episode, Shanalua taking the bag full of gold coins episode and the couple ones of Girard Spriggan nonsense, I really enjoyed AGE. IBO was just awful on every level and the worst part being that its second season will likely be so bad the first one will seem acceptable in comparison.
>>
>>14083064
Grasping at straws with Asemu where you clearly had no idea what to do with him just like AGE staff.

AGE-1 is best.

>Aseme, irrelevant western anime fan that doesn't like Gundam, doesn't watch Gundam and complain a lot about the franchise

FTFY
>>
>>14084801
Maybe this will be the reverse of the usual Sunrise routine.

Maybe second season will be better than the first for once.
>>
It actually has all the things that made a gundam good, except the story.
>>
>>14084827
That's what people said about GBF
>>
>>14082034
There are people here that unironically like Gundam.

Terrible, I know.

The whole franchise's a giant turd.
>>
>>14084843
But Build Fighters was good. The typical cycle is good S1, bungled S2.

So if IBO had a boring S1 then S2 is either going to be good or so bad it becomes a fun meme.
>>
>>14084858
Does Gundam even get good memes that aren't thinly veiled hatred anymore? Last I can think are EVEN SO and TSUKAME PURAIDO. Everything else is just a complaint repeated over and over until it becomes a meme.

Maybe QUALITY Atra because it is too cute to hate.
>>
>>14084858
Build Fighters was as garbage in its first season as it was dumb in Try. At least the latter gave us more unique original suits instead of simply gaudy CUSTOM variants.
>>
>>14084957
>At least the latter gave us more unique original suits instead of simply gaudy CUSTOM variants.
But anon the whole goddamn purpose of build fighters was creativity and customization... And toys. Lots of toys.
>>
File: QUALITY.gif (177KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY.gif
177KB, 160x160px
>>14084898
Nobody genuinely hates QUALITY Atra. It's objectively the best thing to come out of IBO and I quite liked it.
>>
>>14085005
That's what I just said.
>>
>>14084790
Not him but I dropped age early on because i didn't like the designs or flit.

I decided to try it again after watching IBO and ended up enjoying it.

Still haven't finished IBO
>>
>>14082600
It's head is literally a cartoon duck head.
>>
File: 1459380563336.jpg (102KB, 422x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1459380563336.jpg
102KB, 422x1000px
I enjoyed it. It's not good at all but it doesn't deserve the amount of hate it gets.
>>
>>14085005
>>14085009
Two of the best characters in IBO are loli and pedophile. They should just ditch the franchise together.
>>
File: Gundam Age irony.jpg (244KB, 636x2161px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Age irony.jpg
244KB, 636x2161px
>>14082034
I'll defend flit. And original legillis, not the repaint.
>>
File: Gundam fail before seric.jpg (315KB, 637x2545px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam fail before seric.jpg
315KB, 637x2545px
Also this shitty arc at least gave us this.
>>
>>14089511
I did enjoy how Asemu did absolutely nothing during this part despite not getting mentally attacked like the other two.
>>
>>14083064
>>Kio is the younger Gundam fan, unburdened by past experiences with the franchise and having no ideas or expectations of what Gundam "should be". He simply wants to enjoy a new Gundam series, which Flit keeps trying to prevent from coming into being. Initially influenced by Flit into only liking UC, (Age-3) he eventually gets a taste of AU series (Age-FX) and the boundless potential for Gundam has

Hmmm...interesting idea.
But then, by this logic, how do you reconcile things like Zeheart - whose entire Gen 3 arc is basically getting everyone under him killed and essentially fucking up the entire Vegan operation before he finally snaps and gets himself brutally slaughtered by the 'western Gundam fan'?
Or Zera Gins, who literally comes out of nowhere to be the new face of Vegans after Zeheart finally gets killed?
and how does your interpretation fit the EXA-DB and SID?
and how are we, in this model, to read the fact that Kio's attempts to reach out to his enemies are more often than not thrown back in his face? Are you suggesting the future of Gundam is to tell the younger audiences to piss off because they don't know what they're talking about? Cause that's sure as Hell what the show is getting at.
>>
> third arc ruins everthing
> the rest is ok
>>
>>14089496
>the repaint
What were they thinking?
>>
Overall the second gen is probably the worst for the overall plot, even if it is more enjoyable than the third.

The thing that gets me is how people start bringing up questions about the Vagan in the 3rd gen that hadn't been mentioned since the 1st gen, like it hadn't been 50 years or something.
>>
>>14089514
>I did enjoy how Asemu did absolutely nothing
Asemu's whole character is to be nothing while doing nothing because the writers had no idea what to do with him aside from the gimmicks "SUPER PILOT" and "PIRATE CAPTAIN". The only point of his character is to father Kio, not spend a single day rising him and his only advice to him being "do as you feel like, son".
>>
>>14082034
>There are people here that unironicly defend this show

There are people here that unironically can't utilize English.
>>
File: WPJDF.jpg (2MB, 2452x1361px) Image search: [Google]
WPJDF.jpg
2MB, 2452x1361px
There was an anon who put every episodes of AGE on 4 differents MEGA links. I downloaded the first part of AGE but the three other links are down. Did the rest get uploaded somewhere else or is it gone for good?
>>
>>14082203

What is it /m/ hates so much about IBO? Please feel free to rant, I'm new here and mostly watch older shows, so IBO hasn't crossed my radar yet. All I know is that the one gundam's giant mace looks awesome and there's a girl who looks like a baby sheep.
>>
>>14090922
There's a lot of boring talk and characters saying the same thing over and over. Honestly, you could probably skip every episode without any robots fight (wich is almost half of the show) and you shouldn't miss anyhting.
>>
>>14090922
Boring as fuck, full of quality.
>>
>>14090922
We love the mace and Atra is indeed cute. However, most, including me, are worn out from arguing about that stupid show for nearly 28 weeks straight and everyone just really wants to forget about it. It was confirmed for a Part 2 later on though so we'll have another fun 6 months of constant shitposting and flooding the board with identical threads, lucky us. Check the archives for "what went wrong" and you'll find everybody's opinions on it if you don't mind completely being spoiled.

Abridged version: The show set up some really great concepts and ideas in the first three episodes. However, instead of expanding upon those great ideas, it abandons them and exacerbates the flaws that people were willing to temporarily overlook. The show feels like filler for 20 episode because nobody develops until the last 5 episodes. Not even fun filler either, it's constant re-exposition of well-known facts, a few REALLY hamfisted drama parts, terribly animated battles (despite having less than half the number that normal Gundam series do), throwing away the "junkyard scrap" feeling the Gundam had at first by giving it awful-looking upgrades, replacing the mace with a lame katana, absolute bullshit plot conveniences, and just generally being boring. The show started remembering the cooler parts at the end but they only had time to develop a little before the finale and they still get sidelined so the show could focus on continuing its errors.

However, /m/ is a fairly cynical place. Although the show was unarguably mediocre and almost certainly bad, you can still find some parts to enjoy. This does not mean that the quality of the show is any different, though, so don't confuse objective with subjective.

All in all, since a large portion of /m/ is contractually obligated to sit through every Gundam series, we turned what should have been a no-name forgotten title into a shitposting frenzy. Deserved, but unnecessary.
>>
>>14089536
>Asemu's whole character is to be nothing while doing nothing because the writers had no idea what to do with him aside from the gimmicks "SUPER PILOT" and "PIRATE CAPTAIN"

His relationship with Zeheart was what made him important. He was also used to explain how a dirt poor colony managed to produce advanced weapons.

He also served as a middle ground in ideologies between Flit and Kio.

It would have been difficult to visit his son when he was a pirate.
>>
>>14091011
>worn out from arguing
>let the hate flood back in anyway
Sorry, I initially intended it to be short. I wouldn't even have really cared about the show by now if /a/ didn't come here and fan the flames for the last few weeks, that was absurd and got everybody way too riled up when before we were just discontent and complaining. Having to explain those stupid arguments over and over gave it a lasting impression.

Anyway I wanted to post Atra so here she is. She's cute but like almost every other character she is nothing beyond that one-word description. Really a shame.
>>
>>14083531
>listening to women

Why would you?
>>
>>14084827

Mikazuki's redeeming trait is his utter lack of mercy. Imagine how bad it would be if he became all about MUH UNDERSTANDING and the show started really pushing children being soldiers as wrong.
>>
>>14090922
You shouldn't put much weight in /m/'s collective opinion.

I mean we are the only place that will unironically defend G-Reco.
>>
File: 1434386144878.png (40KB, 121x136px) Image search: [Google]
1434386144878.png
40KB, 121x136px
>>14084844

Fuck off rebbit.
>>
>>14084827
Well the common complaints of uneventfulness and Thunderbolt quality animation are easy to fix if Sunrise actually gives a shit about AUs anymore.

Heres to hoping.
>>
>>14090909
Seconding this.
>>
>>14091065

He should have, they were right though it was just one of the many terrible parts of the finale.
>>
>>14089519
>Zera Gins, who literally comes out of nowhere to be the new face of Vegans
If anything Zera Gins was by no mean the new face of the vagan, quite the opposite.
>>
>>14091070
>Mikazuki's redeeming trait is his utter lack of mercy
You're a retard.
>>
>>14090922
I actually love the fuck out of IBO the characters Mainly Orga are amazing. Most of the mobile suit designes are Cool. And, I like the mixture of small and big mech's used. The new type of powering core for the mobil suits and how it messes with radio waves is a new twist. IDK I LIKE IT.
>>
>>14089207
the last 10 episodes deserve to burn in hell
fuck age-fx
fuck kio
flit did nothing wrong
he should've fired the photon diver missile
>>
>>14082034
I didn't know me thinking it was better than IBO was defending it.
>>
>>14092345
Bait is too obvious.
>>
>>14092330

> the opposite
> Zera Gins who figuratively comes out of everywhere to be the new face of Earth

?
>>
>>14092558
Zera Gins/SID is a device to have the Earth and Vagan join forces.
>>
>>14092580

Zera Gins and SID are separate beings though, especially in motivation and purpose. That might have been the end result, but not what they were intended for in show.
>>
>>14091025
>His relationship with Zeheart was what made him important
Too bad that didn't have much of a resolution since towards the end it's really down to Kio and ghost Yurin telling Flit he can stop murdering Vagan scum now.

>He also served as a middle ground in ideologies between Flit and Kio.
Too bad he didn't mediate shit so his middle ground position didn't do much in the end.

>when he was a pirate.
That seems like it should have been an arc on its own. Maybe then we can actually see him serving as the middle ground in ideologies, or at least see how his mindset differs from Flit which led to him becoming space pirate.
>>
>>14092594
>Too bad that didn't have much of a resolution since towards the end it's really down to Kio and ghost Yurin telling Flit he can stop murdering Vagan scum now.
Zeheart went off the deep end there wasn't any saving him at that point.

He ended up killing Zeheart. It completed the rivalry Asemu had with x rounder abilities.

Zeheart was impressed that Asemu was able to overcome the x rounder abilities the Vagan had faith in and told Asemu was better off even if he didn't have the same abilities because he got to have a life .

They wrapped up their relationship.

>Too bad he didn't mediate shit so his middle ground position didn't do much in the end.

Flit and Asemu always had a tenuous relationship. Flit seemed a lot closer to Kio.

>That seems like it should have been an arc on its own. Maybe then we can actually see him serving as the middle ground in ideologies, or at least see how his mindset differs from Flit which led to him becoming space pirate.

Flit always had a lot more of a hate boner for Vagan than Asemu. The difference in mindset varied in the want to commit genocide. They were constantly at odds during Asemu's arc.

There wasn't time in the show and they probably wanted his appearance to be a surprise.

It was mentioned in the show what he was doing and why.
>>
>>14092789
>It was mentioned in the show what he was doing and why.
That's called bad story telling. Anyone can just mention shit, actually showing it happen is what requires skill.

>There wasn't time in the show
Which means they fuck up.
>>
File: 1414210166466.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414210166466.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>14091078
>I mean we are the only place that will unironically defend G-Reco.
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>14091025
>His relationship with Zeheart was what made him important.

Correction - SHOULD have been what made him important. Had the series not then decided to double-back to making all the Vagans into murderous psychopaths as soon as Gen 3 started.

I don't know if it was because they didn't have the guts to really stick to making Flit a fallen hero or if Hino just isn't that good with doing nuanced antagonists, but for as much as this series talked about the Vagans not being that bad, it couldn't stick to a consistent attempt at humanizing them to save its life.
>>
>>14092819

Well there's the problem that he's wrong. Somethingswful's anime forum generally likes and defends it too going by the Gundam thread. He might not like that forum, but that doesn't mean it doesn't defend G-Reco, making him factually incorrect.
>>
>>14092834
>Somethingswful's anime forum
Who cares?
>>
>>14092838

Never said anyone had to, just that he's factually incorrect regardless.
>>
>>14082034
I didn't watch the show, but from what I remember from /m/ at that time, the complaint was that the Vegan made no sense and we're kinda idiots.

Is that defensible?
>>
File: 1457431186769.jpg (244KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1457431186769.jpg
244KB, 1280x2160px
>>14092987
The vagan was never supposed to make sense. The bad part is that the vagan were willingly taking part of this nonsense because their butthurt blinded them from common sense.
>>
>>14092987
The majority of the series portrays them as fanatical and remorseless monsters, even what little we see of the civilians.

Then towards the end of the series we see second moon more in depth and we see the sick little girl and other sick population but it is just too little too late to make the audience care after everything else we've seen.

The leader's secret master plan also makes no damn sense. He wants to create a peaceful utopia by creating a massive war that all the violent people die off in leaving only peaceful people who dislike war behind to repopulate. He starts this plan by launching an attack on a society that had been war free and relatively peaceful for a century. And even then it took like a decade for them to start actively fighting back and seriously arming up at all because they were so not used to war that they had sealed away all their dangerous technology and their best weapon was a worker unit armed with the beam equivalent of a bb gun. They also had to exacerbate small conflicts to try and stir up enough unrest and violence (the gangs). And the hypocrisy of the whole "Give them a chance to fight back" thing is ludicrous. They attacked colonies and civilian centers with machines so advanced that literally nothing the army threw at them could harm them, and when some of their ms were destroyed they immediately bring in a not!-Nuke and ace pilots to sink the colony and destroy the opposition in an overwhelming display of power.

The icing on the cake though was that according to the show the disease/cancer thing is from sitting in radiation coming off of mars. All through the series people in the threads were asking why didn't they just build ships or colonies to move the population away from the mars rays instead building big warships and ms. And then at the end it turns out that they could have just moved the colony the whole damn time.

They were one of the most poorly thought out and executed villains in gundam.
>>
>>14093052
On a positive note, Flit wanting to genocide every last one of them was justified. Vegans are scum.
>>
>>14093052

I thought the icing on the cake was the leader and origin of all this madness dying in his bed with a smile while his wife looks on as he goes peacefully as he hopes the 3rd Gen's main character fulfills his dreams while all his subordinates died horribly in battle for his revenge?
>>
>>14091070
Well, considering the show's reception in Japan it's not outside the realm of possibility.

>>14091011

Not to mention, as much as people go on about how this show is really about the politics, the politics shown are poorly written. There are so many holes in it's logic that anyone with half a brain should be able to dismantle Kudelia's arguments but no one can because she's so AWESOME!

And let's not forget how the show lulls people into thinking Tekkadan are a bunch of normal, yet impoverished, kids through it's middle arc. That Biscuit dies and we see them as fucked up because they adopt this cult-like mentality as they seek revenge. "If we die, our deaths will make Tekkadan stronger." Seems like a portrayal of child soldiers that works, right? That they are damaged individuals. Then they throw it away with the finale with "They can return to being children."

Setsuna has to be there in SRW when they start this bullshit.
>>
>>14091078

If the whole MUH KUNTALA thing and "YOU'RE GONNA BE A DICTATOR BELLRI SO EVEN THOUGH WE'RE FRIENDS PLEASE DIE OKAY" thing wasn't so stupid and incomprehensible it would have been pretty alright. And if the main Venusian villain didn't die right after showing up.
>>
>>14092340

Fuck "muh understanding". Fuck pacifist pilots. I came here to see a man in a robot wreck other people also in robots.
>>
File: 1456263129020.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456263129020.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>>14091078

God bless Ameria.
>>
File: 1435763607720.png (416KB, 446x412px) Image search: [Google]
1435763607720.png
416KB, 446x412px
>>14092834
>Paying SJWs to post on their website
>>
File: 1441400869708.png (539KB, 818x448px) Image search: [Google]
1441400869708.png
539KB, 818x448px
>>14093150
>>
>>14094064

> I'm not wrong because I can make some random claims

What does it matter even were it true? People there defend it regardless. So it's still not true no matter the reason.
>>
>>14082279
>There are people here who unironically watch shows they hate until the end
Hahahaha.

No.
>>
>>14094012
That's just you being a retard as a result of being utterly unable to read between the lines.
>>
>>14082034
I will unironically tell you that it was better than IBO.
>>
>>14095014
It really was.
>>
>>14095014
It had a better story and more mecha action.
>>
>hating AGE
>liking Asemu
>thinking Dark Hound is a cool design

Such terrible children.
>>
Still better than SEED, Destiny and X.
>>
>>14098066
Love AGE-1, Titus a great, Glansa a neat.
Love AGE-3, Fortress in particular.
Love FX.
Love Legilis.
Love Wrozzo.
Love Khronos, Zeydra and Ghirarga.
Love Zedas, Dorado, Baqto and Gafran.
Love Genoace and Clanche.
Love SID.
>>
>>14098066
>Liking Asemu is a meme
>Liking genocide Flit isn't
that's funny.
>>
>>14100558
Genocide Flit was best Flit.
>>
>>14098070
>X
>bad
it and turn-a are the only ones close to being as good as 0079
>>
>>14100566
X wasn't very good.
>>
>>14100633
you're not very good.
>>
>>14093150
>And let's not forget how the show lulls people into thinking Tekkadan are a bunch of normal, yet impoverished, kids through it's middle arc. That Biscuit dies and we see them as fucked up because they adopt this cult-like mentality as they seek revenge. "If we die, our deaths will make Tekkadan stronger." Seems like a portrayal of child soldiers that works, right? That they are damaged individuals. Then they throw it away with the finale with "They can return to being children."

TFW when we were this close to getting Now and Then, Here and There with Gundams.
>>
>>14100633
X is underrated as fuck.
>>
>>14082203
Try is probably going to go down in history as the absolute nadir of Gundam.

Destiny, AGE, and IBO are all severely flawed, but at the very least they had nice concepts and you could see that the staff was aiming high. Meanwhile Try aimed to just be a generic Shonen tournament toy advertisement anime, a genre that Japan has down to a science at this point, and it couldn't even achieve that.
>>
>>14100781
The problem here is in what regard are we judging the nadir?

If we go on success and reception, a show that aimed high - like AGE giving us estimated sales before we knew much about what it was even about - and failed hard at meeting those numbers would arguably be seen as a bigger miss than a show that was part of a side project that Bandai only expected to do okay and rushed out its sequel in a bout of 'strike while the iron's hot' planning.
>>
>>14100800
As a story, of course.
>>
Is SID (the subber, not the EXA-DB guardian) is still working on Memory of Eden? Because after some time, my HD got corrupted and the AGE 720p subs folder is unreadable now. I tracked the original thread, but only the first arc has a working Mega.nz link working.
>>
>>14100781
I enjoyed Try more than 3/4 of the Gundam borefests out there.

>a generic Shonen tournament toy advertisement anime
Which is probably why it was so much fun to watch.
>>
>>14100846
12 episodes left to V2 for the TV show, then Memories of Eden. Captain Earth coming soon.
>>
>>14100851
Not the guy you're responding to, but just so long as you aren't going to go with the 'At least Gundam's honest with its self' now argument that has been getting trotted out regarding the BF line, I say more power to you if that's what's doing it for you.
>>
>>14100862
What a relief. Thank you.
>>
>>14093052

If you want to read into AGE, like a lot of Gundam shows, it's very critical of Japan. Vegans don't make sense because they're victims. Their victim complex is so strong that anything seems justified, even Ezelcant's retarded plot about using war to force natural selection. As outsiders, it's really easy to criticize them because everything seems retarded in hindsight. You can blame the lack of exposition on this subject on the writers though. They didn't want to make a more adult themed show that actually addresses war and victimization.
>>
>>14100989
>In hindsight

Their actions seemed retarded the moment they were explained and shown.
>>
>>14100727
Instead, we got the Gundam equivalent of that Wonder Woman Pilot from a few years back. You know, the one where Wondy breaks more laws than the criminals, tortures a guy she put in the hospital, and everyone treats her like she's the greatest thing ever?
>>
>>14100800
We did not have sales projections before it aired. That chart that always gets posted describes rate of HG releases, not projected sales.
>>
>>14100851
You should watch more Shonen tournament anime if you thought Try was any good.

The genre is pretty fun in general, and has hit the point where they just make fun of themselves now because even they realize it's ridiculous. I would recommend it!
>>
>>14082034
Parts 1 and 2 were all right, it wasn't til part 3 it became unbearable. And even with part 3's horribleness, still better than SEED Destiny and the first half of ZZ.
>>
>>14101114
>You should watch more Shonen tournament anime if you thought Try was any good.
should watch more trios wrestling too
>>
>>14101130
Part 2 is absolutely putrid AND irrelevant.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.