[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most annoying /m/ character tropes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 20

File: mikazuki-setsuna.png (1MB, 1907x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mikazuki-setsuna.png
1MB, 1907x1080px
>Autistic combat genius with no social skills who finds his motivation through some retarded idealist peace princess
>>
inb4 Mikazuki because I know you wrote that to fit both perfectly
>>
>>14082012
Stop watching Gundam if it bothers you so much

The true annoyances are those guys that are part of a combining robot team that never actually do anything because none of them are the MC
>>
File: 275px-EnzoMatrixGun.png (53KB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
275px-EnzoMatrixGun.png
53KB, 275x206px
>>14082012

UNDER-FUCKING-STANDING.

NO.

WIPE THOSE FAGGOTS OUT, AND IF IT'S NOT THE WHOLE GROUP, CUT THE HEAD OFF THE FUCKING SNAKE AND BURN THE FUCKING NECKS SO THEY DON'T REGENERATE.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SECOND MOON COULD ALWAYS MOVE?!? FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
>>
File: to-laugh.jpg (45KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
to-laugh.jpg
45KB, 375x375px
>>14082022
>A/Z
>Gundam

Looks like the Grecofags finally pulled it off.
>>
>the fourty to sixty year old guy who wants to bring back Japan's old traditions and former glory
>>
>>14082015
Read OP's filename
>>
>>14082036
I've been had.
>>
File: ep18_kaifun_criticizes_roy.png (268KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ep18_kaifun_criticizes_roy.png
268KB, 500x375px
>>14082012
>Fuck the military! How dare you save my life?! You should have saved me better and faster and without killing that guy!

Kaifun is probably the worst example, but see also Amuro's Mom and most love interest characters.
>>
>>14082012
>Mikazuki
>Setsuna
>Inaho
But they all have friends
>>
>>14082012
Setsuna a cute though
>>
>>14082089

Most of CB wanted to slap Setsuna's shit initially, think was it after the Thrones showed up that everyone was like "maybe you're not so bad, kid"
>>
>>14082103
Everybody in CB wanted to slap everybody else in CB before they started coming together.
>>
>>14082012
What about Heero?
>>
>>14082117
>>
File: image.jpg (459KB, 1280x2180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
459KB, 1280x2180px
>>14082012
Peace princesses in general in muh mecha, fuck whatever series thought it was okay to make it a thing.

Fuck overly whiny pliots while I'm at it too.
>>
>character use some trick/move that is seen as remarkable or genius
>except it was never a thing before
>>
>>14082012
All villains except for the rival are incompetent.

Peace princess makes everything ok in the end.

>>14082030
Filename had two gundam protagonists

>>14082126
Yes that is the hero.
>>
>>14082177
Wouldn't pulling off a new trick be the reason why it's remarkable?
>>
>>14082147
>Make series with the main draw being robot action
>Make all the characters therein complain about said robot action
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>14082255
>give MC a Gundam
>he doesn't want to pilot the Gundam
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>14082015
Shout mecha's name, it gets suddenly gets stronger for no other reason.
>>
>>14082285
It obviously got stronger because its name was shouted.
>>
>characters doesn't get in the fucking robot
>characters doesn't get out of the fucking robot
>>
>character suddenly gets a backstory and flashbacks
>character dies next chapter
I never learn
>>
>>14082402
>>characters doesn't get out of the fucking robot

Dammit Ein.
>>
File: Dingo.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dingo.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>14082402
>Character can't get out of the fucking robot
>>
>>14082012
>believing tropes exist
>>
>>14082117
CB is kind of a fucking mess of a team, at least in the beginning. They repeatedly act on their own and lose their cool really, really easily.
>>
>>14082501

I blame the trap.
>>
>>14082516

Tieria should have taken one for the team and by one I mean ALL the dicks to relieve the sexual frustration clearly evident. He'd have to wear a 00 mask with Setsuna I guess
>>
>>14082516
Tieria was the best though.
>>
>highly advanced experimental mech
>so easy a kid can operate it
>kicks the asses of adult trained pilots despite having no training or experience
>cockpit of super powerful expensive prototype not locked
I can understand mass produced mechs not having locks since you want those to take off in a snap, but a million dollar prototype. Why the fuck wouldn't you lock it?
>>
>>14082147
At least in 00 Povertystan princess didn't amount to anything but a mother role for Setsuna
>>
>Main Character who spends half the series whinging about having to kill in combat despite volunteering to do so.

>Accidental civilian combat pilot turns out to be better than trained, experienced soldiers.
>>
>>14082543
Code Geass, of all things, handles this pretty well
It's stunning given the rest of the crap that series is known for
>>
File: 1178938128070.jpg (29KB, 209x453px) Image search: [Google]
1178938128070.jpg
29KB, 209x453px
>>14082654

>oops I left it unlocked, now someone will probably steal it and I can analyze it during combat siutations WOE IS MEHEHEHEHEHEHE
>>
>>14082654
>>14082543
Unicorn too, since the father was going to use on of his foundation workers and lock the activation of the gundam to his DNA print and the only reason Banana managed to be a good match is because he was gromed at young age to be a pilot for the unicorn
>>
>>14082654
It handles well until Lelouch falls into the cokpit of the Gawain
>>
>>14082654
All of the grunts in Code Geass are trained on the Knightmare simulators. They're just politically unlikely to be permitted to use one.
>>
>>14082668
I was more talking about Lelouch having to steal the code for a grunt mech with hypnosis powers and being a crappy pilot overall, but sure, I guess that works?
>>
>>14082012
How often does that happen? Give me a ballpark estimate.
>>
>>14082654
Yeah, that's why the writers asspule a train full of unlocked and ungarded robots in ep 2
>>
>>14082577
>people who spell whining wrong
>>
>>14082895
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/whinging
It's a different word, it pretty much means the same thing but it's still a different word
>>
>>14082748
Those were regular mecha, nothing too special or expensive, and he could have obtained the keys offscreen with his power anyway
>>
>>14082676
Lelouch was a shit pilot, which is he used a keyboard.
>>
>>14082543
>but a million dollar prototype
Because they hope nobody would steal such cheap equipment.

>>14083785
>Those were regular mecha, nothing too special or expensive,
How would mecha not be expensive?
>>
>>14082285
The reason is that it's cool
>>
>>14085250
Gawain used piano inputs?
>>
>>14082676
He doesn't even pilot it. C.C. does everything for him in S1.
>>
>>14082543
Do you think they left the Gundams unlocked in hopes that Katz would crash and kill himself early?
Honestly, not a terrible trade off.
>>
>>14085386
>>14085380
>>14085250
Lelouch was more the Guy-In-Back (Weapon Systems Officer) with Gawain, while C.C. was the Fucker Up Front (actual pilot). So you can't call him a pilot if he's only focused on controlling the Gawain's armaments.
>>
>>14085388
I was actually thinking about the GP02, how it had a nuke and was stolen by a crazy space Nazi.
>>
>>14082030
>They stick to A/Z so hard they were bonded with it
>>
>>14085399
Well, you can stick to the official explanation that it was a plan by Jamitov Hymen to leave a live nuke canister on so that he can have a reason to establish the Titans.
>>
>>14085422
wait, so he expected space nazi's to steal it?
What if somebody took it for a drunk joyride and crash it or nuked his ass?
>>
>>14085483
Jamitov can spin it as ZEON MADE HIM DO IT, HE IS A SPACENOID TERRORIST.

He really, really hates spacenoids.

>he expected space nazi's to steal it?
Everyone and their mother knows that the Zeon remnants will do everything in their power to get back at the Feddies for the humiliation of their loss during the OYW. He's just enabling them so that HE can win in the end.
>>
MC is waaaaaaaaaaaay too genki
>>
hey guys do you like g gundam
>>
>>14082543

Cockpits on real planes and military equipment isn't locked, so anime ones shouldn't be either. They're not locked for the simple reason that the last thing you want is a pilot in an emergency panicking and forgetting keys or codes. The real security is the one around the base, not on the unit. Which is where /m/ shows fall down.
>>
>>14085422
Did Hymen predict everything?
Is Hymen a wizard?
>>
>>14086467
Like I said, it makes sense for something like a Scopdog or GM. Not so much for something like an RX-78-2.
>>
>Steals mech and disobeys all calls to stop stealing it
>endangering lives and risking a mech that probably a ludicrous amount of money went into
>allowed to continue piloting said one of a kind prototype thing with possibly the tiniest slap on the wrist as the worst punishment

It's funny because they say "Oh look the Titans are so evil and bad they don't follow the rules" yet here we are just disregarding all kinds of laws and regulations cause "oh they're a newtype" or "their skill is unparalleled". They shouldn't give a flying fig whether the said pilot can push the mech to it's limit because that person is a big risk that's liable to hurt people without the proper training and control.

That said, I understand why it always happens this way. So some kids watching the show can think "Woah, I could totally maybe do that and be a newtype without knowing and pilot a mech like an ace without training." It still makes me laugh because it conflicts with the very strict militaristic nature of the series being military with a strict code of orders and conduct that if broken has repercussions. Not once though do they say "Oh well you did good in that mech but fuck you we have a trained pilot ho will listen to us and give us data we need."
>>
>>14088565
Cockpits on prototypes IRL aren't locked either. Just like the anon said, the room or base itself has the security.
>>
>>14082285
>channeling your spirit through the machine isn't a reason
>>
>>14088653
If they're the best pilot for the job, then so be it. The kids are usually conscripted instantly. The only retarded parts are not enforcing the regulations on other crew members who go around slapping your ace and stealing (and in their case, usually crashing) other MS.
>>
File: 56b43654.jpg (34KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
56b43654.jpg
34KB, 720x480px
>>14082031

Is it wrong I actually love this trope? I understand not liking it but these characters are always so damn bad ass, committed, and bursting at the seams with honor.
>>
>>14082543

It doesn't even need a lock, just put a little sign that says "please don't steal". It inclines people to be more honest because such a sign makes them think they're being watched.
>>
>>14088682

Yeah but most skill ≠ best pilot for the job. The pilot that listens to orders and has training in how to handle situations properly would be the "best" pilot.
>>
>>14088653
>It still makes me laugh because it conflicts with the very strict militaristic nature of the series

Gundam has never portrayed the military realistically.

And until we see a Gundam where the soldiers act like in Generation Kill, we never will
>>
>>14088710

I guess what I mean is, you see a lot of people getting a lot of shit for disobeying orders. Conveniently, not the main characters unless the story needs it. It's like they convey a strict atmosphere but never actually deliver it when it would make most sense.

I do agree it doesn't portray the military realistically but it seems determined to try and convey that they are indeed driven by orders and regulations and like to complain about the brass a lot. But then you just have them ignoring orders sometimes and nothing really comes of it because you're not supposed to think about that. It's like, I want them to pick what they want to be but I guess realism doesn't always make for the best story anyway so I should just deal with it. It's still like an itch I can't scratch you know?
>>
>>14088710
Not every military is the US marines. GK is a good measure of how they act, but not everyone else.
>>
>>14088706
Name a time when the MC messes up and another pilot on base could have dealt not only with that problem better but also perform as well during the rest of the sortie. Or where a failure to follow an order causes serious problems where a more dutiful pilot could have avoided them and still complete the objective. You can't, because the MC is almost always forced into a situation where they are the ONLY pilot for a period of time in which they train. And more skill does equal better pilot for the job because following orders doesn't mean shit if you don't have experience in dealing with crazy situations that inevitably appear. 90% of success is in the pilot's skill, not their ability to follow orders.
>>
>>14088739
He was trying to make a realistic observation and you are basing your counterargument off of anime logic.
>>
>>14088739

Well I mean I'm talking about data collection because I assume as a prototype they're not sending it out to be field tested already. If they are, then yeah I agree skill is important. I still think it's equally important they learn to not be a danger to themselves and others.
>>
File: THE JOKE.jpg (33KB, 691x519px) Image search: [Google]
THE JOKE.jpg
33KB, 691x519px
>Those "meta" characters that are supposed to show how you're a loser manchild
>That guy that makes cringeworthy fourth wall jokes
>>
>>14088746
MC can't be subbed out for a good pilot because of manpower shortages. Under realistic logic, they'd have to use the kid who's absurdly good at piloting for a rookie and accept that he might make a few mistakes, which are corrected using quick and easy-to-understand slaps. It's better than having no pilot at all.
Great pilots and testers are ranked by flight hours. By the time the crew is able to get more manpower on board, the MC is already a responsible and experienced pilot comparable to veterans. Would YOU change him out just because he took off once without permission?

>>14088751
The MC being a danger to others is often a very short time in the beginning when they're not used to piloting. The only exception I can think of is the Jew Crew because they constantly got their shit rekt and the Federation had just finished dealing with a major enemy, giving them Gryps veterans to pilot the machines. Not to mention how the Argama was now an important asset to the Feds because they almost won the war single-handedly so news of Kamille going out of commission should have prompted immediate replacement. And to top it off, these are the kids who just tried to sabotage the crew and turn traitor/sell the prototype. But ZZ was very weird in a lot of ways.

And everything but the RX-78-2 and the Mk II were intended for immediate combat. Data collection is still vital but they want a skilled pilot to collect that data.
>>
File: Rgm-79-g-_1.jpg (88KB, 740x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rgm-79-g-_1.jpg
88KB, 740x500px
>>14088710

>FOLLOW MY TRACERS!
>>
>>14082012
God I hate Idealist peace princess. Just started watching Wing for the first time. My god.
>>
>>14082012

Slaine troyard is a generic one-dimensional antagonist with its stereotype pathetic twisted murderous villain and also one of those typical bishounen guys that are found in practically every shoujo manga, A character who is deeply focused on a shoujo drama (just lots and lots of useless drama and stalling)rather than any sort of mecha action.
>>
>>14088693
>dropping a colony
>honourable
Those characters are no better than terrorists.
>>
>>14090366
That was Inaho though, whose sole reasoning was muh Asshime. Slaine though was connected to other plot lines beyond that.
>>
>>14082748
He delivers it to Kallen and the gang by using the Britannian suit he stole's intel
He knows whats in the train, and he knows the keys in the ignition and under guard, so he moves them to take it.
"Here is your reward for your faith" is something he actually says, iirc
>>
>>14090518
The repeating use of the word shoujo should have made it obvious it was bait.
>>
>>14090518
What do you think Inaho gets up to after the series?
>>
File: shot0037.jpg (147KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
shot0037.jpg
147KB, 704x396px
>>14082012
>>14082147
>>14082234
>>14082553
>>14088852

Sadistic Murder Princess>*princess
>>
>>14091009
He loses contact with Asshime, goes into research and hits on Slaine who was imprisoned on his free time.
>>
>>14091027
I want to fuck that elf.
>>
>>14088706
>Yeah but most skill ≠ best pilot for the job. The pilot that listens to orders and has training in how to handle situations properly would be the "best" pilot.
Up until the point where he gets killed by some asshole with skills and everyone dies.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 500x364px
>>14082012
Sounds familiar
>>
>>14091069
Heero is more like Sousuke, a child soldier.
>>
>>14082012
>Have two heroines
>Only give serious screentime to one
>The other is just comic relief or stops appearing
Why even bother.
>>
>>14091099
For waifufags and merchandise.
There's a market for them, "underrated grills" threads pop up all the time.
>>
>>14091108
But that's something that's been going on since even before the reasons you listed became popular.
>>
>>14091086
He also doesn't really have any motivation from her, his motivation is to his mission and the motivations Zero shows him.
>>
>>14082015

Mikazuki found his motivation through his Kamina-equivalent bro, though. He bullied him into motivating him again the one time he stopped motivating. I don't think he'd even notice if Kudelia wasn't around.
>>
File: SevenSamurai_1_L[1].jpg (29KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
SevenSamurai_1_L[1].jpg
29KB, 450x338px
>>14088693

This, I don't give a fuck if it's cliche.
>>
>>14082543
You'd be fucked if the base was attacked and the only people who knew the access code died
Good bye prototype
>>
>>14091122
That's more of a personal motivation and one he never gained until later in the series.
>>
File: 1459665023603.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459665023603.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>14090518
ohlook, a mad slainefag.
Slaine, whose sole reasoning was muh Asshime.
>>
>>14090374

Yeah I know it seems stupid but it was reasonable casualties, aka Syndey Australia. But actually, the colony istelf was an old abandoned one so it actually there were 0 colony casualties and it was less awful then a lot of other actions taken by either side or it's splinter groups.

I'm not saying that makes it any less of a good idea but I mean Delaz and the gang truly believed it was the the most they could do with what they had. To them it is vengeance for their previous loss and in this way they gain back their own personal honor. So I can see why you don't see it as honorable but honor is something defined in your own values and what's important. He never cared about killing lots of Earthnoids (though I'm sure he was personally okay and maybe even kind of pleased with it) but rather doing as much political damage to the Federation by making people on Earth doubt their safety at the hands of Zeon remnants. This does attain him honor, like it or not.
>>
>>14082012
>Main Character pilots a mecha
>not a fembot riding the MC.
>>
>>14091305
He also supported Saaz's ideals and thought she wasn't going to wake up midway through s2.
>>
>>14091305
It's the truth anon, Slaine had several reasons why he did the things he did, which wasn't connected to Asshime (eg: Saazbaum). She was only added into the equation so that Earth Side could win.
>>
>>14082285
もっと。。もっとよこせ、バルバトス!:^)
>>
File: 1459915737161.png (3MB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1459915737161.png
3MB, 1280x2160px
>>14091305
Obviously slainefags were watching a completely different anime than what was presented. The threads were as boring as the show. You could make fun of slainefag delusional fanwanks or call them cucks. Slainefags are a dedicated group of autistic retards.
>>
>>14091499
>>14091632

>Muh Asseylum!
>Muh Saazbaum!
>Slaine has no will of her own.
>All he did was follow dreams and other people's ideas.
>Slaine's twisted logic is worse than Suzaku.
>Slaine's Obsessive–compulsive disorder is probably similar or worse than Bizon. (Bizon to Hina/Aoba) - (Slaine to Asseylum/Inaho).
>Slaine is a worse version of Suzaku, being much more retard and stupid than Bizon.
>>
>>14085490

>>He really, really hates spacenoids.

That's Bask's excuse for being a mass murderer. Jamitov doesn't care who or where you're from: As long as you bow down to him if he wins, it's fine.

Here's one thing I don't like about mecha anime: Over-reliance on anything as tall as an office building. I mean, we don't get much works with 3-4 meter mecha.
>>
>the cocky fag that breaks all rules and regulations and gets away with it because he has some shitty plot hax skillz
>>
When writers write everyone into a corner but then newtype magic saves the day.

>>14082147
>Peace princesses in general in muh mecha,
This. It's so annoying and it's used all the time.
>>
>/m/ost annoying tropes

Protagonist is a generic, dark-haired, teenage boy;

Story starts with protagonist in school;

Protagonist encounters a mysterious girl.

EVERY.
DAMN.
SHOW.
>>
File: 1452405767791.gif (290KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
1452405767791.gif
290KB, 500x677px
>>14082031
>>14088693
That cliche is actually really bad ass. These characters can be handled/written poorly but at least you get a badass death scene out of the deal. Which can redeem the character possibly.
>>
>>14088815
what show is this?
>>
>>14097018
The Brave of Gold Goldran
>>
>>14095827
nah bro anime is just too deep for you to understand.
>>
>>14082654

it makes no sense to lock a military vehicle, especially if there's an immediate threat
>>
>>14097018
>>14097031
Incidentally, Silver Castle Subs just finished all of it, leaving only the dramas.
>>
This is for games

>The player is the MC/Pilot

It doenst bother me so much in other games, but in mechas ones for some reason makes me anry.
>>
>>14098960
What's the issue with that?
>>
>>14098999
I just want my punishing grunt fantasy.
>>
>>14099012
But then you'd still be a pilot. One that you're controlling, which would still make you the MC to some extent.
>>
>>14099042
Well, you play backup to a cool squad leader, and after he dies 2/3ds through the game you get the focus shifted to you in cut-scenes, where previously you just made grunts and nods.
>>
>>14091915
I think you mean Asshime, it was Slaine's dreams as a child that Asshime was following. It was also Slaine who decided for himself to follow Saazbaum based on his own experiences, and all things considered was the only one of the MCs to have a full grasp on the situation, to the point where rather than actually addressing the point that he and several other characters point out, the series instead puts it's fingers in its ears and goes "la, la, la, war bad, peace good, can't hear you".

They have him not fight back because they only planned for the show to be 2cour.
>>
>>14088723
>not every military is the US marine corps
And this is why we always win
>>
>>14091027

What show is this from?

>>14099890

>This is why we alwaya retreat and call it a job well done to save face
ftfy
>>
>>14082012
You mean like this guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLIQrFY3fUk
>>
>>14099045
So Ace Combat 5, but you become the leader way later.
>>
>>14082015
mikazuki is heeroyuy 2.0
>>
>>14100973
Gaiking Legend of Daikyu-Maryu.
>>
>>14082012
>>Autistic combat genius with no social skills who finds his motivation through some retarded idealist peace princess
Why is this a trope? How is it that this sentence describes so many shows? Holy fucking shit, how did it come to be that this cliche, of all things, caught on?
>>
>>14102457
Gundam
>>
>>14102457
Wing, and the shit taste of Japs can be blamed.
>>
File: Chinankowloongunpla.jpg (111KB, 1256x980px) Image search: [Google]
Chinankowloongunpla.jpg
111KB, 1256x980px
>>14102457

They're playing toward their audience. The majority of people interested in mech shows are probably going to be introverted boys who might also be a bit autistic. Autistic people often also have better natural skill at certain tasks due to the wiring of their brains, but then usually suffer from lack of social skills as a side effect. So It just represents a lot of the people they think would be watching this. It doesn't mean everyone watching is that exactly it's just the safest way to give their niche fanbase the power fantasy character to latch onto.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.