[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW to mecha genre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

can anyone recommend some tv shows or anime or maybe some top gunpla because i have no idea where to start
>>
Gundam Thunderbolt Episode 1.

Perfect primer on what we love about giant weapons of war.
>>
If you want a modern classic you should watch Gundam SEED.
If you want an actual classic you should watch Robotech.

If you want some more recent stuff you can watch Valvrave, Cross Ange, Gargantia, Aldnoah Zero or Gurren Lagann.
>>
>or maybe some top gunpla
PG Unicorn Destroy

It'll come out like the shit it is hopefully
>>
Well this thread went straight to hell from the word go.

You fuckers are doing a great job making people really hate this genre of anime aren't you?
>>
Watch Gundam for Newtypes or Macross for Culture.
Watch other stuff from the same time period as your favorite Gundam/Macross series.
Shitpost about everything you haven't watched.
>>
File: MS_07 Gouf.gif (31KB, 309x372px) Image search: [Google]
MS_07 Gouf.gif
31KB, 309x372px
>>14080380
I'd suggest the original MSG immediately, because people like it for a good reason. It's a fun, decent series, and so is Gundam as a franchise for the most part.

There's also three compilation movies alongside the series; I'd suggest going for the series rather than the movies because you get much, much more material, character development, etc.

For good Gunpla I'd suggest anything you like as long as it's an MG or HG. Seriously, just pick something cool and roll with it. Gunpla general is a mess on /m/, but it's still got a good guide, make use of it. Dalong.net also helps.

/toy/'s Gunpla General has mods, so that's nice.

>>14080412
Suggest stuff, then! Don't stand idly by making posts about thread meta; step forward and work towards positive change.
>>
>>14080380
For shows:

- The great granddaddy Gundam 0079 (compilation movies or TV series depending on how much filler u want)

- Gundam 00 if 0079's too "old" for your tastes.

- If you're feelin something more recent: Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans, Aldnoah Zero, Valvrave and Cross Ange just to name a few. (these are by no means anywhere close to the best the genre has to offer but they should entertain at the very least)

For Gunpla:
Start with the HG(High-Grade) line. Just pick whatever looks good to you (they're cheap anyway). Designs that catch your eye are bound to lead to you more shows too.
>>
>>14080380
Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy
Gundam 0080
Patlabor The Movie
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gunbuster
>>
>>14080412
I really don't see how someone could hate Thunderbolt. What do you hate about it?
>>
>>14080455
>"compilation movies or TV series depending on how much filler u want"
>AZ
>VVV

You make me sad.
>>
File: 1391143009456.jpg (3MB, 2500x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1391143009456.jpg
3MB, 2500x2800px
>>14080380
>>
>>14080501
Someone post the real one.
>>
File: 1437262993271.png (225KB, 1029x4437px) Image search: [Google]
1437262993271.png
225KB, 1029x4437px
>>14080541
gotcha
>>
>>14080543
Thanks, but I meant the one with masked rider, legend of the blue wolves, etc.
>>
Patlabor.
>>
>>14080380
Do you prefer tits, boys, singing idols, magic aliens, or edgy teenagers who don't even want to pilot the mech
>>
>>14080468
These are good suggestions but watch the original Patlabor OVA series (7 episodes) before the two movies and remember to watch End of Evangelion after you finished the series.
>>
>>14082760
This is why I don't understand why everyone immediately recommends Gundam. I've not watched any Gundam except for two AUs, but it seems like all that Gundamfags do is shitpost and complain

Not to mention that Gundam's a bad entry point on account of being much too long and expansive for someone that's still undecided. Stuff like Gunbuster and Full Metal Panic make much more sense
>>
>>14080477
I don't nigger culture.
>>
>>14080477
Different bloke here, but Thunderbolt's only saving graces are the art/animation and the jazz.
The plot isn't there, and the characters are woeful. Fuck the main character's an edgemeister whose defining feature is that the sneezes a lot.
>>
File: m-recommends2.jpg (2MB, 1648x5208px) Image search: [Google]
m-recommends2.jpg
2MB, 1648x5208px
Ignore the homolust, they're all good shows.
>>
>>14084377
That's just not true. Some of them are absolute dog shit.
>>
>>14084387
Well okay, most of them.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>14080380
watch EVERYTHING with robots in it.
ignore tokushit that stuff isn't /m/, they're just here because m00t asked us to let them stay but meido said fuck that and just threw 'em here.
>>
>>14084377
This keeps getting bigger every time I see it
>>
>>14084377
Where is Star Driver?
>>
>>14080412
>hating something based on the quality of the posters

Simply reddit
>>
>>14084364
Good animation/cinematography is the most important aspect of a non-interactive visual medium.

Thunderbolt has this in spades. Why wouldn't you like it.

I mean 2001: A Space Odyssey has a razor thin "plot" and it's renowned as one of the greatest films ever made, and not by accident. And characters don't need to be relatable, they aren't real anyways.

Even dramas without significant action still need to have competent cinematography. The Conversation is a great example, or half of Hitchcock's C.V.
>>
>>14080380
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Gundam (all of them, but you can watch any series, I watched 00, G, X, Wing and I am watching the first too for culture)
Shin Getter Robo
Mazinkaiser and Shin Mazinger
Tekkaman Blade (It's awesome)
PD: don't watch Robotech, instead watch macross and mospeada
>>
>>14080386
ignore all other answers itt, they're dumb trolls.
this is the only honest poster in this shithole
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.