[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the consensus for Shin Gihren no Yabou?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Gihren No yabou.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gihren No yabou.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
How did it compare to previous entries in the series?
>>
I like the more open map approach compared to previous games and the more charactr focused "factions" was nice but the limited scope of the eras and paywalling content behind on disk DLCs (and the subsequent failure of trying to add more through DLC) crushed it for me
>>
>>14079913
What >>14079982 said.

Personally, I hope they do more with the Gihren's Greed games, and make games similar in style, like... I dunno, a Late UC version of GG, or perhaps a GG-esque game that focuses on one of the AUs, like the Cosmic Era, or 00's Anno Domini.
>>
>>14079913
CCA campaign was great, far better than the one in AxisV,
Its a shame they didn't iclude zeta and zz scenarios
>>
>>14080726
Agreed, though the lack of the Zeta and ZZ scenarios are a tragedy. They did a good job with Chars Counter attacks scenarios, though I kinda wish the pilot scenario played out more like CCA Amuro's. Mission based instead of having to lead your own unit in conjunction with the A.I.
>>
What were your favorite scenarios from the game for the two eras? I liked Dozle's and Chars CCA ones the most myself.
>>
>>14082058

Something I'd like to see in a new GG game would be different start dates for the OYW, like the Hearts of Iron series does for WWII. Thats why I really liked both Dozle's and Kicilya's scenarios in Shin, they are like the 1944 and 1945 scenarios of HoI and Darkest Hour.
>>
>>14082058
I always lose motivation to finish Dozle's scenario after winning his suicidal last stand.
>>
>>14084576
I know the feeling, having to retake so much of Earth following the coup on Gihren feels a bit droll.
>>
>>14084331
Agreed, having to always start the point prior to Odessa falling was a little annoying to me. The Original Gihrens Greed for the Saturn and PS1 had a special mode which let you start during more critical parts of the war, so that was kind of a start.
>>
>>14082058
Tem Ray initially and Chars Counter Attack Amuro. I hated doing Zeon in general due to that initial Earth drop. Even the Saturn version never got so bullshit with trying to gain territory.
>>
This series is way too fucking hard for my gaijin brain. I would love to have fun but the menus are way too confusing.
>>
>>14087321
its not that hard at all, it gets quite repetitive once you learn the basics
>>
>>14084576
NT Elmeths rule space and Gelgoog Gyan absolutely decimate EFF poor late 0080-0083 MS. AI fails hard at unit composition. The most difficult thing I had to do was to survive occasional GP-02 Nukes and shoot down Pegasus variants in the air.

>>14084618
Anyway, in Gihren scenario, the player has to begin from nothings while Dozle gains Kilimandjaro for free.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.