[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any UC mobile suit designs that can get themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 1457985437198.gif (3MB, 642x362px) Image search: [Google]
1457985437198.gif
3MB, 642x362px
Are there any UC mobile suit designs that can get themselves into orbit without assistance, or would you need a fuckton more propellant than something Gundam-sized could realistically carry?
>>
>>14071269
Reaching escape velocity is not a trivial matter, anon.
>>
To date, there's been no UC MS that has reached orbit on its own. IIRC, the V2 theoretically could, but there was no confirmation on it.
>>
>>14071269
T1 Shuttle Gundam?
>>
>>14071307
>V2
>theoretically
the V2 was broken,it could probably do it with the core fighter alone
i'm pretty sure the g-savior can too,it's literally 2fast4you gundam
>>
That gif is supposed to make me happy

But it makes me so sad
>>
>>14071523
it might not if it doesn't have enough fuel and time
>>
>>14071269
The Unicorn probably could if it was using its magical green psychoframe shit
>>
>>14073082
Shouldn't anything with minovsky flight system be capable of that? There are two ways of going up, fast one and by being a balloon.
>>
>>14073082
>>14073088
Same applies to the Nu-Gundam actually. It's psychoframe could probably take it to orbit.
>>
>>14072195
Don't worry anon, Chris and Bernie are running their own burger joint now.
>>
>>14073095

> Beanie changed his name to Bob and opened a Burger joint
> Chris changed hers to Linda
>>
>>14073088
On a related note, what's the deal with the 00 Gundams? They appear to have some kind of free flight capability (and have no problems hovering indefinitely), but still can't break atmo under their own power.
>>
>>14071269
Unicorn
>>
>>14073313
They probably can as 00 Raizer did when he went on to try and stop the Memento Mory from firing, Cherudin and Seravee probably do have a harder time going into space though, also the GN particles work more or less like the I-field Turn A had in that it envelops the whole suit
>>
Not UC/Gundam, but I wonder if Gargantia's Machine Calibers could do it. Their flight system was pretty much "just say no to gravity," right?
>>
>>14073313
>On a related note, what's the deal with the 00 Gundams? They appear to have some kind of free flight capability (and have no problems hovering indefinitely), but still can't break atmo under their own power.
In-show the difficult was to fly back to Space undetected. They probably could reach Space if only because they have the combination of anti-gravity and indefinite propellant supply, but they were meant to hide their existence and it likely takes too long. Going by Elevator is just more discrete.
>>
>>14073088
Achieving orbital height and orbital velocity are two different things. The minovsky flight system usually bounces particles off the ground so it's pretty finicky at higher altitudes.

It wasn't until late UC that they had minovsky propulsion that worked in space.
>>
You need a huge shuttle. UC MS have finite propellant supplies.
>>
Shuttles are the only game in town in UC, but Seed has mass drivers/fuckhuge magnetic catapults for maximum ikimasu, 00 has space elevators... and there's always the option of lassoing an ICBM and riding it up like in G.
>>
>>14073649
there are mass drivers in UC as well
>>
>>14073718
Excuse me?
>>
>>14073478
But they needed the assault container to get Exia back up into space in late S1. I recall said container being developed specifically so they had a shuttle for the gundams that wasn't reliant on the elevators.
>>
>>14075055
It's possible that the Gundams could get into space, just not undetected. When Lockon fights Graham, he tells Haro to stop GN particle dispersal and to divert that power to the weapons. Maybe the Gundams lack the power to disperse GN particles and reach escape velocity simultaneously, but the assault container can hold enough GN particles to achieve both of these.
>>
>>14073742
amuro used one in CCA when he takes the nu gundam with him back to the ra cailum
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (3MB, 1830x2964px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
3MB, 1830x2964px
>>14076740
>>
>>14073742
Char used one. Victory has one as the focus of an episode. Can't remember others atm and typing is very slow with only my left hand as my other is occupied masturbating.
>>
>>14073340
Not unless it was using psycho frame magic, which doesn't count.

Or else Nu-Gundam would work also
>>
>>14076735
Of you go up at constant acceleration and at an angle as soon as you leave atmo you'll be accelerating, so achieving stable orbit is only matter of time. To avoid sitting duck, problem particle container is used like booster rocket here.
>>
File: Best_53a55d_2303209.jpg (63KB, 744x415px) Image search: [Google]
Best_53a55d_2303209.jpg
63KB, 744x415px
Even G gundam was realistic enough not to have gundams go to space on their own power.
>>
File: 5456464631311111111.jpg (645KB, 1600x1145px) Image search: [Google]
5456464631311111111.jpg
645KB, 1600x1145px
>>14071269

I still say my Gundam Orion is the best fucking idea.

You take something like a Kestral, except the generators and thrusters in its legs are replaced with minovsky drives/wings of light with the main apatures pointing "down", while the main generator runs an I Field, and all the "shield boosters" are replaced with "Shield I Field"s. Then you mount a nuclear bazooka similar to the GPO2 Physalis on its back, again, primarily pointing "down".
>>
File: tumblr_nirb9ppk921u8hwqno1_1280.jpg (111KB, 1100x1284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nirb9ppk921u8hwqno1_1280.jpg
111KB, 1100x1284px
>>14082872

Then you point your nuclear bazooka down, fire it, and ride the shockwaves up to around %5 C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1vKMTYa40A

Obviously the legs are hyper reinforced and fitted with stupid tier shock absorbers.

Anyway, the basic idea is that the multiple layered I Fields protect you from the radiation, while the "Wings Of Light" from the legs (like those on the Victory) form a physical shield to protect you from the shockwave and debris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwHPTYZ1NM

My original idea was a refit of a Val Walo/Val Valo, seeing as how the high grade mechanics kit already came with a miniture 1/550th GPO2 Physalis. It was to be called the "Shockwave Rider", and effectively use the mini nukes + wings of light + I Fields as a budget minovsky drive, the budget answer of some theoretical nuclear armed late UC Zeon remnant to the ridiculousness that is the F99 Record Breaker.
>>
chris and bernie hardly knew each other.

al is a literal zeon apologist.

this scene is gay and probably caters only to wing-level babbies.
>>
>>14082914
Wouldn't an Orion drive be absolutely horrific to the Japanese? This is more a Doylist issue than a Watsonian one.
>>
File: taiga.gif (975KB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
taiga.gif
975KB, 500x261px
>>14082943

so fierce!
>>
>>14082943
Everyone gets a happy ending in gundam valhalla, even zekes.

...except the 0083 cast, for some reason.
>>
>>14082961
Stardust all went to Hel.
>>
>>14082951

Well on the one hand I am not japanese so I would not know, not that even if I was japanese whatever I said would stand for all of japan.

On the other hand, its not a necessarily "militaristic" use of nuclear technology. While many people, and yes, many japanese people are very socially active against any nuclear technology, not every body is. While my origional val walo idea was essentially a military terrorist organizations ghetto hyper drive, I see Gundam Orion as more of a Gundam Stargazer kind of deal, a scientific research craft that just so happens to be horrifically powerful (The Kzinti Lesson and all that).

On the gripping hand however, there are definitely nuclear weapons in the Gundam series, and they do get used. Hell, worse get used. A colony drop is essentially a mountain sized dirty bomb. In After War Gundam X most of the earth is completely glassed. And I got the idea from the Physalis nuclear bazooka in the first place. So I doubt there is such a stigma that they can't be used.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.