[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megazone 23

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: megazone 23 part iii.png (1MB, 1039x763px) Image search: [Google]
megazone 23 part iii.png
1MB, 1039x763px
Just finished watching this amazing OVA. Makes me wonder if I'll ever watch another anime that combines two of my favorite things (motorcycles and mecha) as well as it did.

I remember reading posts a long time ago about people that were disappointed by part III, saying stuff about NTR which I didn't see at all. It was kinda disappointing that Shogo was killed by the System, but that's more like assumed rather than confirmed.

What's your take on the series? Anyone else love it when motorcycles are featured in mecha?

Also, general 80's/90's OVA thread.
>>
>>14068263
I only watched part 1 and I though it was an incoherent mess.
>>
>>14068305
The whole series does tend to escalate quickly (and weirdly) in each part, I appreciated the designs and animation over the story itself mostly, but I did like the core concepts of the series.
>>
>>14068263
You could try Venus Wars, which has a bunch of one-wheeled bikes.

Mospeada has Ride Armors, which are like really small versions of the Garland.

Bubblegum Crisis also has several bikes, the 4th episode is mostly a bike / car highway chase.

Oddly, these are all early OVAs and series too. I guess /m/ bikes aren't cool anymore.
>>
>>14068378
>I guess /m/ bikes aren't cool anymore.
Same reason why Kamen Riders are being called Common Drivers now.
>>
>>14068378
Japan really loved motorcycles in the 80's, it seems.
>>
File: akira bike.jpg (210KB, 1600x865px) Image search: [Google]
akira bike.jpg
210KB, 1600x865px
>>14068378
I love the sense of speed that those animators could pull off, it made everything seem more intense. Is there any more modern stuff with a similar feel? I won't blame you if you tell me to just google it.
>>
>>14068378
If we're just talking about motorcycles in mecha, Gun Max from J-Decker has a giant robot-sized motorcycle that can turn into a flight pack and a cannon. So that's a thing.
>>
>>14068431
We just don't get those kind of 'some guys make a thing and people buy it' OVAs anymore.

The only new-ish things with bikes that come to mind are Rideback, Blassreiter, and Durarara (which isn't even /m/).

For 'fast' /m/ shows, there's Cyber Formula and Macross, and maybe Eureka 7? So basically Kawamori shows.
>>
>>14068431
Check bari bari densetsu, it's pretty great.
too bad the rips are kinda shit.
>>
>>14068384
Because they were affordable, easy to maintain and it was easy to get your driving license.
And because 80s were the last decade of bosozoku gangs. In the 90s they couldn't survive the new traffic laws, like cutting down the power of 400c bikes allowed for production.
>>
>>14068816
By the way, how can a fucking schoolkid get a 750 sportbike and maintain it?
That's the main problem of BBD- I just can't believe that anyone sane would allow a kid to own a Katana or CB750
>>
File: ArtmicPoster01.jpg (3MB, 2640x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ArtmicPoster01.jpg
3MB, 2640x2000px
>>14068263
>Anyone else love it when motorcycles are featured in mecha?

Yes.
>>
>>14068384
They always have m8
>>14068950
Because fuck you
>>
>>14068950
My father owned, customized and maintained 3 cars before he was 17 (he sold them all and moved). I have no trouble believing a kid could maintain a bike.
>>
>>14068488
Didn't Blassreiter suck? I remember watching the first episode on Netflix and not thinking it was very good.
>>
>>14072714
The thing is not the maintaining abilities, the thing is the prices on the new 750cc bikes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.