[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Go Nagai starting points?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Thinking noises.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking noises.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
Anybody have charts/lists about Nagai's various manga series? Similar to those Gundam ones that always get posted.

Go Nagai thread I suppose.
>>
>>14067705
No, but Mazinger and Devilman can be purchased from Discotek
>>
>>14067705
Mazinger is a long as hell show but has some very entertaining moments, and actually manages to feel like an actual, put-together story after 90 episodes.

Actual Mazinger Z manga is all right, I guess. Has a lot of the same tone as the show, but more tits and gore.

Devilman show is fucking awful.

Devilman manga is pretty great.

Read/watch all of it and make your own opinions too I guess.
>>
>>14067732
>>14067720
Appreciate it. How about Getter? Same deal?
>>
>>14067789
>Getter
>Nagai
It does have several charts, yes.
>>
>>14067789
Getter is on Bakabt, I think.

I'll make a pic of fully subbed shows. Give me a bit.
>>
>>14067789
Here's how Getter works: literally everything but the Toei anime is at least acceptable.
>>
>>14067840
I see. Is it because of lack of translation, bad content or a mix of the two?
>>
>>14067875
>a mix of the two
That one.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 103x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 103x251px
>>14067882
Shame, thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>14067732
>Devilman show is fucking awful.
No it's not. It's a classic.

Stop this meme.
>>
File: helmet reacts to robot.jpg (42KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
helmet reacts to robot.jpg
42KB, 720x576px
>>14067705
If you want something non-/m/, then Dororon Enma-kun Mera Mera is worth a watch, since it's pretty much one of the few faithful adaptations that aren't butchered, yet add ton of new stuff that makes it the definite Enma-kun experience. Although, despite not being /m/, it has /m/ jokes here and there. Like two Tengus doing the symmetrical docking from GGG.

For /m/, Toei Mazinger Z, Mazinkasier OVA and Shin Mazinger Z work well, but I'd still recommend Toei Mazinger Z a lot now that good translation is available (although I'd still recommend Garada's FUCK subs). It gets shit on a bit since it had crabstick subs for an eternity and apparently Mexicans love it a lot, but it might have been the most ambitious mecha show of the 70s. Compared to shows that followed it, Mazinger Z didn't have a formula to play it safe, so they always brought new things to the table. Great Mazinger and Getter Robo on the other hand went the safe way, and didn't really try new and interesting stuff (nor creative stuff Mazinger had).
>>
File: 1458396881161.jpg (53KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458396881161.jpg
53KB, 640x960px
>>14068482
This seems pretty creative. I've heard Grendizer is pretty great but I don't remember the subs being too good.
>>
>>14068482
I also remember a Dougram reference in episode 11 of Enma-kun.

The reason for the docking is because of Yonetani who directed this show, as well as GGG, Betterman, Brigadoon etc.
>>
>>14068490
That might have been the best episode in the show. One big flaw Great Mazinger had were the villains. You go from Baron Ashura to those seven gay generals of no presence.

Grendizer is pretty great compared to Getter Robo and Great Mazinger. It does things similar to Mazinger Z, by bringing out new upgrades, and quite often having villains who end up being the victims in the whole conflict. But the subs are pretty shit. Not crabstick subs, but Arab dubtitles, which might just be crabsticks with better grammar.
>>
His adaption of the Kamasutra is the most Go Nagai thing he has ever made also Mist Story for that girl who thinks her face is falling off one shot
>>
>>14068490
>>14068514
Johnny-Englishsubs is working on redoing the whole Grendizer show. They take their time (and the leader's worried about Discotek), but that'll be dealt with after a while.
>>
>>14068514
The TG22986 release by Wasim was the Arab dubtitles (complete with intentionally missing and edited episodes to match).

The bootlegs the current subs were taken from was an English as a Third Language release.
>>
>>14068865
The scifi ninja story is his most Go Nagai story
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.