[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Motoko so genki?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: genkitoko.jpg (115KB, 163x297px) Image search: [Google]
genkitoko.jpg
115KB, 163x297px
Why is Motoko so genki?
>>
>>14066968
All the sex.
>>
>>14066968
Probably because of the copious amounts of sex.
>>
I'm guessing because of these recurring positive single digit integers.
>>
File: Mokoto Smile.jpg (63KB, 1024x554px) Image search: [Google]
Mokoto Smile.jpg
63KB, 1024x554px
>>
>>14066968
I fucking hate what Oshii did with the franchise
>>
>>14067206
Any sufficiently cyberpunk work given sufficient duration of publication will inevitably become a philosophical treatise on the nature of humanity in a world increasingly driven by some technology that pushes the species closer and closer to being living examples of the Theseus paradox.
>>
>>14067206
"I love being contrarian for the sake of contrarianism".

- Anononymous poster 14067206
>>
>>14067494

Yes, because nobody could possibly dislike it for legitimate reasons. Blow it out your ass.
>>
>>14067494
They turned everyone into boring philosophical drones. The original was fun like his Tank Police manga.
>>
>>14067599
But try to tell that to anyone who hasn't read and appreciate Shirow .
Turn out that makes up nearly 80% of the people in community who genuinely think that Oshii is creator of GITS.
Not counting the ignorant ass who are adamant trying set some sort of chronological order between Movies ,Tv series and OVAs.
>>
>>14067599
Of all adapations of his manga,GITS turned out be the one who became mainstream.Imagine what would had happened if GITS had got just another OVA or anything but GITS got famous.
>>
>>14066968
I can't remember this particular scene, but it's probably because she's getting public funds to violate individual freedoms without oversight, under the belief that Aramaki and herself have too much integrity to abuse their own power.

In Man-Machine Interface, she's described as a "nihilistic-philosopher type". Well, maybe not Motoko specifically, maybe the guy was talking about cyborgs in general. But the implication seemed to be that Motoko, and all the other Motoko-Puppetteer hybrids, were "nihilistic-philosopher type[s]", except for Motoko Aramaki, who is the one "positive realist" personality. So that Motoko was a genuinely genki character.
>>
>>14067689
IIRC, she was asking Aramaki for vacation time, which was also a running gag in Appleseed.
>>
>>14067682
imagine if arise took the original approach of GiTS instead of what it is
>>
File: motokos.jpg (938KB, 3000x1616px) Image search: [Google]
motokos.jpg
938KB, 3000x1616px
>>14066968

Because that's the manga version where she had a personality.

I mean I kind of get why she'd be so serious in the Oshii movie but The SAC writers where too in love with her to the point where the only thing she had going was being THE BESTEST EVER.

Arise was alright. I like Mayaa in the role. New movie was rather fun.
>>
>>14067994
Considering the backlash it got having Major a bf despite it's a fact in the source material,shows pretty much how unaware majority are that GITS is actually a manga.
>>
>>14068249

Didn't SAC give her a thing with the S2 villain?

Ill be honest I don't remember a whole about SAC, it honestly bored me a lot of the time
>>
>>14068285
More like he had a thing for her. He wasn't really the villain though (even for GiTS). They were children at a hospital together, and it seems he'd always had a crush on her (in a very weird way, the show went out of its way to explicitly say he was a virgin, too).
>>
>>14068285
Hideo Kuze is the closest thing I've ever had to a husbando.

It was more than just a thing. Do you remember the episode where Motoko finds this antique store and then there's a story about two cyborg kids?
>>
>>14068308

All I really remember is laughing about how his plot was funded the same way as in the plot to office space
>>
>>14068297
>More like he had a thing for her
She said he was the first boy she had ever loved to that storage place manager. He didn't really say much about her.
>>
>>14067206
>>14067599
He turned it into a horror franchise, the philosophical droning was here to that effect.
>>
>>14068249
The backlash was because it was retarded in Arise. Every scene began or ended with them fucking like the writers were afraid we'd forget that they're supposed to be in love otherwise, and the guy himself was a blatant clone of Kuze but infinitely less interesting.
>>
>>14068660
Horror is a legitimate contributing facet to the umbrella of speculative fiction.
>>
With all the shows being revived these days for one reason or another, what if we actually got an adaptation of the manga somehow?
>>
>>14068297
>the show went out of its way to explicitly say he was a virgin
That was more about Skullface wanting men who could devote themselves to ideals without any carnal distractions than it was about... keeping Kuze pure for Motoko, or whatever you're implying. But I guess the latter could've been in there too.

And Skullface only specified that those infected with the Individual Eleven meme were virgins up to the point when they became cyborgs. So all that really tells us is Kuze never had any shota action before the plane crash and the procedure Motoko encouraged him to undergo. Afterwards, he could've been a complete slut, and slept with five-hundred Asian refugees.
>>
>>14067987
No no, there's this one anon who's obsessed with saying that Araki's manga are all outlets for his fascist fantasies. Whether this is true or not is a moot point as it's annoying to see in every GITS thread.
>>
>>14070894
That anon and I only have a Stand Alone relation, we're not the same person. I promise.

It's something I'd like to see a long discussion or analysis of. I marathon'd the franchise a few weeks ago and haven't seen anyone discuss the ethics of Section 9, nor any of that stop-looking-for-a-handout, I'm-too-enlightened-to-feel-bad-about-killing-teenage-terrorists stuff.

...wait, how do you get Araki from Masamune Shirow? JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is fascist?
>>
>>14071046
There's nothing to analyze really. Section 9 is a bunch of assholes and Motoko was always presented as a morally ambiguous individual who grows more and more cynical as things go.

If I didn't know better I'd assume it was all part of a scheme by Shirow to progressively get her rid of any character motivation so that she's ready to give everything up and fuse with the puppetmaster on a whim. But I'm pretty sure he just made her a hypocritical asshole just so he could make his manga edgier and more badass and because he is kind of a cynical asshole himself. And this more or less carried over into every other part of the franchise without any real self-awareness.
>>
>>14071046
Section 9 is a glorified mercenary group used by corrupt politicians against other corrupt politicians for political purposes, not a superhero team. Occasionally some of its members express moralistic concerns when faced with an especially fucked-up situation or when personally wronged, but they know they aren't the good guys and don't pretend to be.
>>
>>14071046
Fuck. Aramaki, Araki...it all blends together.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.