[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was exactly "wrong" with this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: satan.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
what was exactly "wrong" with this movie?
>>
>>14066745
Its toku.
>>
>>14066745
it's NOT /m/

TOKUFAGS LEAVE
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14066748
>>14066752
cry more fags
>>
Everything except the suits.
>>
File: ZBB.png (478KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ZBB.png
478KB, 720x480px
>>14066748
>>14066752
>>
>>14066745
There are many reasons, but I'll summarize it all in two words: W A T E R C R Y S T A L S.
>>
>>14066745
Stupid romance in the first movie, no sense japanese horror in the second one.

But the suits are pretty cool, desu.
>>
>>14066745
Inoue.
>>
>>14066745
I really liked it. Sure, it's not as good as the original TV series. But I still really, really liked it. THE NEXT shat the bed but this one is just fun to watch. I guess the villains' human-side subplot was kinda boring but at least it added something Rider doesn't normally have.
>>
>>14066745
Snowflakes.
>>
>>14066745

if they do one thing right is acknowledge how inhuman the Riders are, as in their strength and such
>>
The First? It has a dumb romance subplot, but otherwise it's basically what I thought a "modern" version of the original Rider would be like.

The Next is just garbage though.
>>
>>14066745
- Bad theme song
- Ending fights happened in an unsatisfying order (all they'd have to do is switch them around and it'd be fine)
- Led to The Next, which was so bad that it makes The First seem like garbage retroactively

It's a shame, too, because the suits and bikes were sweet.
>>
>>14066745
I think that the main problem, which causes many of the other issues, is that the movie basically has no ending. There's no big antagonist that gets taken down by the Riders in a climatic showdown, ending the movie's plot. The movie is basically the equivalent to a couple of introductory episodes of a tv show, setting up Rider 1 and 2 facing Shocker, but ending there.

That lack of build up and climax allows them to be very slow with various subplots, while if the movie had been intended to have a decisive conclusion, its pacing in general would have to be much tighter, which would just improve it.
>>
>>14066864
Yeah, pretty much the subplots sunk both of them.
>>
>>14067758
>>14066864
Although the romance stuff was pretty contrived (especially since it's all for the sake of failing to add depth to a throwaway 3 minute fight), I'd say the main plot was overall more detrimental. Snowflakes, Rider 1 just generally being a boring piece of cardboard even outside that infamous scene, the complete lack of any actual climax as >>14067659 said, soap opera-tier melodrama between the double riders and their bitch, and so on.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.