[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finishe episode 10 of ZZ Gundam. Truth be told, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 15

So I just finishe episode 10 of ZZ Gundam.

Truth be told, it's not holding my attention the way Zeta Gundam or even the original Mobile Suit Gundam series did. I want to watch CCA.

Will I miss out on terribly much if I just ignore ZZ and skip straight to CCA?
>>
You will miss out on having taste
>>
>>14061360
It gets better around the halfway point, but regarding the plot all you would miss is a resolution for Haman and Axis Zeon.
>>
I honestly just want to see the fight between Amuro and Char draw to its conclusion. All this dumb shit with the AEUG is a waste.
>>
Trust me: CCA's garbage. At least ZZ had some good parts.
>>
>>14061370
Don't get your hopes up for CCA. Stick with ZZ, it becomes more like Zeta after a while.
>>
>>14061360
>it's not holding my attention the way Zeta Gundam
But Zeta Gundam was actually quite shit in the start. I felt the exact same you were when coming off from 0079 and starting Zeta. It was such a let down. I did feel the opposite when starting ZZ. Suddenly Gundam was fun and interesting again. Stick with it, OP. ZZ is sorely underrated and it gets much, much better than Zeta at it's peak.
>>
>>14061381
Is it though? I heard it was the conclusion of Char's and Amuro's fight. Even if it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I want to see how it ends first hand.

>>14061369
Thanks for your post anon. I'll start on CCA and ignore ZZ, since it's not related.
>>
>>14061389
>>14061370
why are you even watching this franchise if you just wanna "get to CCA"? Fucking hell, /a/tards these days...
>>
>>14061388
I dunno. Zeta at the beginning held my attention. I wanted to see what Kamille did and how the Argama crew worked around him.

But I'm forcing myself to slug through ZZ.

I guess it boils down to tastes. I prefered the start of Zeta over the start of ZZ. Judeu and Beecha and the others annoy me.

Mashymere is a disappointment. Gottn is the only sane man on his ship and he gets himself captured right off the bat.
>>
>>14061393
Because if there's lore between Zeta and CCA that matters, I want to be sure I understand.

Would you watch Return of the Jedi without first having seen New Hope or the Empire Strikes Back?

Would you watch Dark Knight Rises without first having watched Batman Begins or Dark Knight?

Does this makes sense or am I speaking some alien language?
>>
>>14061403
This is fucking retarded though. Do you think the only reason you need to watch 0079, Zeta, ZZ is to get to CCA or Unicorn and know all the "lore"? Do you just need to "get to the end" while knowing all the "lore that matters"? Jesus fuck kill yourself, American piece of shit.
>>
>>14061409
So what, you're only here to troll? If that's all you wanted to do, why don't you fuck off back to /b/?
>>
>>14061403
You can watch The Dark Knight without seeing Batman Begins, though.
>>
>>14061415
Fuck off. You're the troll here, knowingly making a thread that we get every few days.
>Can I skip ZZ and understand CCA? I just want to get to the end though I don't really enjoy these shows, I just want to have the nerd-creds to say I watched it and join in on the discussion on my 4chen animey boards
>>
>>14061409

>American piece of shit.

How...do you know that...?
>>
>>14061403
If you want to skip ZZ to get to CCA and unicorn, ive got bad news: CCA and unicorn are bad and not worth the effort

Also
>watching any part of batman except the first 5 minutes of TDKR
>>
>>14061417
Only the first 4 minutes of TDK matter anyway.
>>
>>14061423
>>14061426
Is this some stupid /tv/ meme?
>>
File: image_7.jpg (189KB, 1832x988px) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
189KB, 1832x988px
>>14061427
IM GOING TO FORCE ALL HOTHEADS TO LOVE IN SPACE
>>
>>14061428
>took his mask off
>didn't die
>everybody cared about who he was
>>
>>14061427

>implying /tv/ even has the time for memes from its busy schedule of literal non-stop rage.
>>
File: 1459203829448-1.jpg (88KB, 387x423px) Image search: [Google]
1459203829448-1.jpg
88KB, 387x423px
CHAR OF MURDER VS AMURO MANSLAUGHTER

>>14061435
>literally browses the board of valvrager
>>
>>14061409
>being so jealous of the greatest country on earth that you have to bring it up for no reason when talking about giant robot anime
>>
/tv/'s rage is meme in itself.
>>
>>14061441
ARMORED KILLING UNIT OF ZAFT VS GENERAL NETWORK DRIVE ASSUALT MODE OF UNSUBDUEDNESS
>>
>>14061442
Amerishits are the only retards that place the end result of a series and "knowing the lore" over the actual process and watching it. That's why you'll see Americans absolutely DESPISE episodic shows, or shows with "filler" (note how it'll typically be Americans who want to avoid "filler"). If something doesn't lead to or contribute to the grand plot it is to be skipped.
>>
Oh man I don't even want to know about the meltdown that must have happened over at /tv/ over Batman vs. Superman
>>
>>14061465
Don't forget it only matters if it's canon and if something you like gets removed from canon they're raping your childhood.
>>
>>14061469
This as well. You literally CAN NOT enjoy something if it's not canon.
>>
>>14061472
>>14061469
These anons get it. Thank you, my greatest allies.
>>
>>14061465

>Americans absolutely DESPISE episodic shows

Have you...seen any North American television in the past 50 years?

Plus you don't know anyone's nationality on here, nor was it ever an issue. The fact you're trying to force it now means you truly are either a bad troll, or you've got some serious issues to work out.
>>
Americans invented arguing about canon...?
>>
>>14061475

How convenient your "greatest allies" came right at this convenient time to your aid.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-30-05-24-28.png (221KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-30-05-24-28.png
221KB, 720x1280px
>>14061493
As an Americlap, I can confirm we are all fucking retarded.
>>
>>14061360
You'll only miss all the good parts of ZZ.
>>
>>14061495
Cool shooop bro. Too bad for you I can see the pixels.
>>
File: 1459231562639.jpg (40KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459231562639.jpg
40KB, 624x480px
>>14061499
>>
>>14061479
>seen any North American television in the past 50 years?
Game of Thrones. The Sopranos. Agents of Shield. Breaking Bad. All are critically acclaimed Amerishit shows and are they episodic? No. Americans despise shows without an overarching plot or lore they can dig into, and view them as lesser shows.

>Plus you don't know anyone's nationality on here, nor was it ever an issue.
It is an issue. Americans are the biggest culprits of "Can I skip X?" or "Can someone recommend me some realistic mecha show? Like with grunts and shit and not stupid teen pilots >_<"
>>
I hated the beginning of ZZ too, stupid Yazan and his chicken drumstick, wtf was even with that. But if you conveniently forget the start of the series it gets much much better later on, there are some great moments towards the end and if you want to see how Haman's story ends you really should watch it.
>>
>>14061360
Typically, there's two kinds of people that ask this question: those that are just trying to get closure from 0079, and those who want to watch all Gundam.

So it's simple. If all you want is to finish off the Char/Amuro story, then no, ZZ does not concern them in the least.

If you're in any way a completionist, however, then you have to watch everything, good and bad. You won't have the full experience otherwise, and certainly one can't 'watch all gundam' without watching all gundam.
>>
>>14061447
GRADE OF HIGH VERSUS THE GRADE OF MASTER
>>
>>14061509
Yazan being a hobo kinda sets up how he ends up in the wimpiest robot in the entire series, but the funny thing is he was the biggest threat to Jewdough the whole show.

Even Haman didn't compare closer in killing the MC.
>>
File: 1459203829448.jpg (35KB, 415x503px) Image search: [Google]
1459203829448.jpg
35KB, 415x503px
>>14061543
FRAME OF PSYCHO VS FUNNEL OF FIN
>>
>>14061568
JESSE LEX LOSER
>>
>>14061543
NICOL OF 15 VS PIANO PLAYING OF LOVE
>>
If you don't like doing something that should be entertainment just don't do it.
It's not like you're trying to become good at playing an instrument or lifting weights, you're simply watching badly made toy commercials from 30 years ago, if you don't like it don't do it out of some sense of due respect to a fucking franchise.
>>
>>14061508

You listed shows for him that have appeared only in the past 5-10 years. By that logic, I can cherry pick Sherlock, Life on Mars, a plethora of seasonal one shot british shows as well as any major Doctor Who story arc and be insane enough to say that everyone in the UK hates episodic story formats while blatantly leaving out obvious mentions to the contrary like the original Office, or like in your case: The Simpsons, the X-Files, every Law and Order show ever made, 90% of US made TV cartoons, Seinfeld as well as pretty much dozens of sitcoms, any of the Star Treks, just to name a few things. If anything, most of their shows are in episodic format and have historically been so, the more recent turn towards story arc driven series' is a relatively recent interest.

So in other words, to say the Americans absolutely despise episodic series' I'm going to be blunt, is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this site. It's like saying the Japanese despise Mirin because it's not in a handful of carefully picked examples.

But then again I guess the joke's really on me to be trying to dismantle someone's out the left field attempt to derail a thread into some inane rambling against North Americans because he got mad at people wanting to watch a japanese cartoon in chronological order.
>>
ZZ is fucking great, I didn't like the intro either, but I really enjoyed the earth arc, and the Minerva episodes. The ending felt a bit weak, and Glemy was a mistake, but other than that it was pretty enjoyable.
Also the fag with a rose was enjoyable to watch.
>>
>Moon Moon
>Shangri La
>that one dude Yazan killed in Ep1
>Glemy the glamorous pedophile
Things that never happened.
>>
>>14061360
Trust me, you won't mess out on anything at all. It's when you get to Unicorn where ZZ matters (sorta).
>>
>>14061360
This is why Tomino made the Zeta Movies, so you could avoid the train wreck that is ZZ.
>>
ZZ is bad even when it supposedly gets "better"
>>
>>14061360
you've gotten through the worst of it now, it only gets better from here
>>
>>14061465
>Americans absolutely DESPISE episodic shows
All American police shows are episodic. Like A LOT of them are out there, right?
>>14061508
>All are critically acclaimed Amerishit shows and are they episodic? No.
Fucking 'Friends', m8. Fucking 'Simpsons'. 'South Park'. Well, all those 'Merry Melodies', 'Tom & Jerry' and Disney shows.

BTFO.

>or shows with "filler"
>note how it'll typically be Americans who want to avoid "filler"
We at Russian imageboards are all laughing.
>>
>>14063926
>>14061360
can confirm, i could only watch like 1 episode at a time until just after moon moon, but once puru show up it really gets better. of course, if you're doing it just because you feel like you should and you're not enjoying it (I enjoyed the first few episodes but it's only now really grabbed my attention where i really want to watch another right after one ends) then i dunno why you'd watch it. CCA makes sense without it but if you just wanted to watch CCA you should just do that
>>
>all these ZZ apologists.
Kek.
>>
>>14061389
>I heard it was the conclusion of Char's and Amuro's fight.

It's a very unsatisfying rushed conclusion.
>>
>>14061360
I would say the bigger concern is if you plan on watching Unicorn ZZ knowledge is pretty important.
>>
File: icomeheretolaft.jpg (124KB, 1060x650px) Image search: [Google]
icomeheretolaft.jpg
124KB, 1060x650px
I gets better mate, just stick with it or watch the movies instead.
>>
>>14063933
And all that shit is dying out.
>>
File: 1454640476646.jpg (40KB, 878x592px) Image search: [Google]
1454640476646.jpg
40KB, 878x592px
>>14064452
>episodic tv is dying out
>>
>>14064459
He's right though
>>
>>14064467
How? Shit like the walking dead and game of thrones is raking in shittons of money. Not to mention all of the netflix shows that are really popular.
I don't think any of the current airing shows are really any good, but you can't deny the success.
>>
>>14064475
I don't think you understand what episodic means.
>>
>>14064475
>How? Shit like the walking dead and game of thrones is raking in shittons of money. Not to mention all of the netflix shows that are really popular.
Those are serial television. Gundam and most anime is serial television.

Episodic television is stuff like X Files and Star Trek, besides some of the continuous story arcs like Dominon War.
>>
File: franksinatra.jpg (12KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
franksinatra.jpg
12KB, 300x400px
>>14064478
Fucking what?
>>
>>14064488
>>14064482
>>
File: 1454873394733.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1454873394733.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
>>14064490
your point?
>>
>>14064452
Look who's dying http://www.adultswim.com/videos/.
>>
File: zz_serious.jpg (53KB, 500x900px) Image search: [Google]
zz_serious.jpg
53KB, 500x900px
If you can make it to episode 18 you'll have it made.
>>
File: Too much high power man.png (237KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Too much high power man.png
237KB, 640x360px
>People trashing most based country ITT

SUPER AMERICANS REPORT IN
>>
Stick with ZZ, dude. Trust me. I enjoy the first quarter of the show well enough (because the main cast is pretty legit), but the show really comes into its own around the time Judau goes to Axis.

It's a really great show.
>>
File: 1294353203272.jpg (185KB, 845x381px) Image search: [Google]
1294353203272.jpg
185KB, 845x381px
Honestly you aren't going to miss much if you skip ZZ and jump straight into CCA. CCA doesn't reference ZZ in any significant way.

I don't think people should go into ZZ thinking there going be getting more Z. ZZ is some goofy shit (Moon-Moon, Yazan, autistic Camille, etc.) but can be an enjoyable watch if you go in knowing you're going to be getting a lighter more comedy based Gundam series.

Also Anime Ja Nai is top tier opening
>>
>>14061360
ZZ is better than zeta and even 0079 in some aspects
Just because it's not important amuro and chars story dosent mean it's bad on its own.
After they leave the colony everything becomes alot more serious and has a stronger more focused plot points and it has all the the great mechs from zea and new ones that are considered some of the better designs in UC.
It skips from light-hearted to serious at the drop of the hat and that can put some people off but youd be missing out off you skiped it
>>
It was painful to watch Bright become Judau's bitch
>>
File: 630412-chibodee_crocket_super.png (269KB, 571x424px) Image search: [Google]
630412-chibodee_crocket_super.png
269KB, 571x424px
>>14067982
Reporting in.

Ready to show the commie fucks the superiority of democracy and freedom.
>>
>>14068074
Not for CCA, but he'll need ZZ for Unicorn if he wants to watch that. Unicorn's only redeeming qualities were ZZ Gundam fanservice.
>>
>>14070873
He wasn't really his bitch, he simply decided "I've seen this twice before and know how this song ends, just let the brat do his shit and we win".
>>
I'll never get over Beecha, Mondo, and Elle getting away with using Roux as a human shield.
>>
ZZ was awful from beginning to end
>Haman you could've won if you used all your funnels
>Roux if it's you ill take this beam shot
>>
why didn't judau just destroy haman's ship when he was literally inside of it with the zeta gundam? why not just turn around and shoot the bridge and end neo-zeon at like episode 22?
>>
>>14071478
*double zeta
>>
>>14061360
It only starts to get good after Moon Moon and even then you have dumb shit like when they stop off at that colony where they have to crossdress
>>
>>14071493
Also turning over the Argama to Judau's crew was really baffling
>>
>>14071493
But that episode gave disguised Haman and cross dressing Iino.

And Agguguy, I guess.
>>
>>14071497
That was a weird one. Beecha was just fooling around and Bright just went "You're the captain now, I'm outta here suckers"
>>
>ray is last name
Too bad no amuro.
>>
File: bright_stfu.jpg (31KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
bright_stfu.jpg
31KB, 500x373px
>>14071509
Apparently he got fed up with their shenanigans.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.