[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: things that caught you by surprise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: can't leave the sheev.jpg (52KB, 350x526px) Image search: [Google]
can't leave the sheev.jpg
52KB, 350x526px
>watching LOGH
>everything is really neat, the characters are endearing and believable, the story is engaging and there's a great sense of solemnity and scale to everything
>all of a sudden, at the end of episode 16, Sheev and his monster face pop up out of nowhere to plot the demise of everyone with his space-jew ally

literally what?
>>
File: degwin.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
degwin.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>>14054678
Do you think Degwin and Sheev are the same person?
>>
IT'S OVER REINHARD, I HAVE THE OOPS I'M DEAD
>>
>>14054678
daily reminder that the earth church did nothing wrong
>>
Even fantasy settings with human conflict like Fire Emblem and Arslan Senki, there will always be some demonic cult pulling the strings. It is a convention.

In real life modern wars, there may be some as well.

Ancient history and medieval history may have less.
>>
>>14054736

The Earth Cult was about as successful in bringing about and organising the mutual destruction of both factions as ISIS has been successful in destroying Western civilisation and establishing a massive Caliphate.
They somehow, just through sheer random luck, managed to assassinate Yang, in case OP hasn't finished it yet. and pull off one or two bombings. Everything else they tried to do failed spectacularly or was foiled, and so was most of what the Phezzani guy tried to do. They had one or two successes but in the end it played the "scheming yokels behind the scenes" trope on its head by making the Earth Cult appear to be pretty much a joke. In the end both Rubinsky and the Earth Cult just ended up helping Reinhard accomplish all his goals, which ultimately was the best end possible as the Empire had much better liberties and political conditions than the FPA, and would transition into a Constitutional Monarchy with democracy in the future.
>>
>>14054789
Western Civilisation is already committing suicide though and the Caliphate is coming along nicely in Europe.
>>
>>14054832
/pol/ is not a reliable news source, Anon.
>>
>char and amuro are down to fighting with foils in their duel at Qu
>they're almost at a psychic stalemate
>amuro throws char against a wall and appears to win
>char laughs and pulls out lightning powers to cry amuro, all while yelling something about power

Weird scene, that was.
>>
>>14055038
STFU dirty kike
>>
>>14054678
Yeah, a lot of folks I've talked to describe the Earth Cult in that way. I often quote this, but I remember an anon once telling me,

>Terraism was pretty much "what if /b/ was in LoGH?"
>>
>>14054678
>things that caught you by surprise
i always thought newtype/coordinator/whatever magic was a thing of later gundam series

but fucking msg has full on psychic conversations, funnels, and the ending is literally amuro psychically saving all of the white base crew

that said it was the best done newtype magic of any of the series imo
>>
I find it very hard to like the Alliance characters. They're just so generic
>>
>>14057269

and a bit of /pol/.

posting for keks
>>
File: Schonkopf01L.jpg (24KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Schonkopf01L.jpg
24KB, 720x480px
>>14059501
Oh come on, Von Schonkopf was one of the better Alliance characters.
>>
>>14059579
Even the best FPA character was from the Empire, explain THIS Alliancefags
>>
>>14059622
Didn't know Yang was born in the Empire, makes a lot of his speeches about "the water" he drank ring a little hollow.
>>
>>14054748
>Even fantasy settings with human conflict like Fire Emblem

Now that this is brought up, I'm a little disappointed that Reinhard and Hildegarde didn't turn out to be secret blood relatives, set up by De Villie to spawn some dark draconic Anti-Christ.
>>
Always blame the demons or third faction when it comes to these two sided wars.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.