[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amuro, Char, Zeta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (164KB, 1178x785px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
164KB, 1178x785px
Was there supposed to be some sort of meaning behind Char being in a Not Gundam, and Amuro being in a Not Gelgoog, in Zeta?
>>
Amuro was in the NOT Rick Dom.
>>
>>14045955
I wish they kept Sayla instead of replacing her with beltorchika.
>>
File: 1458601984232.png (77KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1458601984232.png
77KB, 403x403px
Yes. Char was trying to be a hero like Amuro and Amuro was no longer comfortable being considered a hero. This was very blatant and you should have been able to figure it out yourself. It's why Beltorchika was trying to get Kamille to give Amuro the Mk II even though the thought of taking the Gundam from Kamille never even crossed Amuro's mind.

Also Japan's near total disregard for the Dijeh is sad. At least it got a new 1/100.
>>
>>14045959

I'm glad things didn't work out between Sayla and Amuro. There was very little romantic interaction between the two of them.
>>
>>14045957
The Not Rick Dom is the Rick Dias.

Dijeh is clearly a not Not Gelgoog.
>>
>>14045965
Well, maybe if the Dijeh actually had any fight scenes they would've cared more.
>>
>>14045957
>>14045977
but the Dijeh was developed from the Rick Dias which was developed from the Galbaldy which is part Gyan part Gelgoog
>>
File: 1386010920977.gif (3MB, 280x158px) Image search: [Google]
1386010920977.gif
3MB, 280x158px
>>14046056

Thank goodness for Build Fighters
>>
File: 1458426338883.jpg (69KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1458426338883.jpg
69KB, 620x465px
>>14050044
I need a webm version of this
Please
>>
>>14045959
I thought this to start with, but I realised the two characters are really quite different and Sayla wouldn't have fit in Beltorchika's role.

At the end of MSG, Sayla was done with everything to do with Char, Amuro and Newtypes, let alone politics in the Earth Sphere, and just retires to somewhere she can drink cocktails and gaze out wistfully over the ocean. She doesn't have any of the hotheadedness or naivete she'd need to fill Beltorchika's shoes.
>>
Going way back to the 80's, having Amuro pilot a mono-eye must have been crazy weird to Japanese audiences first watching Zeta.

Think it was pretty deliberate obviously, since Zeta was all about original allegiances and the visual cues that go with them (mono-eye=bad etc.) from the original series being a lot more blurry.
>>
I always thought it was like the melee combat expert Char getting in a beam spamming suit at A Bo Qua.

It was less that Amuro picked that suit and more that it was just what they had on hand at the time and Amuro said "Whatevs, as long as it's a mobile suit."
>>
In universe, it was probably because it was the best suit he could get at the time and beggars couldn't be choosers.

Outside the series, I can believe it was very deliberate. They could have had him pilot something more GM like or a Rick-Dias, but they made the conscious decision to have him pilot a mono-eye and I think it was to emphasize that "yesterday's enemy can become today's hero" sort of deal.

I think there was a depowering element to it too, kind of like Koji being relegated to piloting the TFO or mere fighter planes in Grendizer. Like, he's no longer THE Gundam pilot. Even if he ends up piloting Nu Gundam in CCA, there's something de-specializing about having him pilot not just Gundam types.
>>
>>14052531
>Going way back to the 80's, having Amuro pilot a mono-eye must have been crazy weird to Japanese audiences first watching Zeta.
Nevermind that, it's weird enough that the Titans went ahead with getting the Hi-Zack suit developed and used as their main weapon prior to the Marasai. A fucking Zaku derivative, the unmistakable and fearsome enemy of the earth federation.

Amuro had been out of the game for awhile so any suit would've done, besides even when he told people he piloted the legendary Gundam nobody really gave a shit.
>>
>>14053519
That's because nearly every character in Zeta were retards who deserved to die. Fucking Katz. "Amuro you must have a mobile suit under your mansion" and then it actually happens in destiny
>>
>>14053768
Katz is nothing, he was just a dumb teenager who been had by a sexy spy.

Fa however is aggravation supreme, dumb bitch who has no business piloting and steals valuable mobile suits to get them shot to pieces, and everyone is totally ok with it.
>>
The bigger crime is that Neo Zeon didn't get Chaikas.

and yes it's a Not-Gelgoog. What part looks like a Dias? In-universe development lineage doesn't matter next to the actual design.
>>
>>14054034
I didn't find Fa the least bit annoying, honestly.
>>
>>14050067

I have zero editing skills so here's the basic version
>>
>>14045955
I read long time ago, it was intended to show the world of 0087: it's no longer black and white, Zeon vs Feddie, but rather things were being meshed together and there were only the Oppressor and the Oppressed.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.