[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>
Shinn did nothing wrong.
>>
>>14040122
if you told me studio 3 and toei were the same studio i wouldnt question it
>>
>>14040122
Even if you cut through something with those leg beamsabers, said something's mass would still hit your leg with full force.
>>
That was just a final act of defiance on Shinn's part. He knew kicking wouldn't work but he had no other weapons left and he wasn't just gonna sit there meekly and let Athrun chop him up.

Same with blocking with the cannons and not the shields. Blocking with the shields would just force them into a melee lock except Justice had hands free weapons to hit him with in that position and Destiny did not.

Where as if the cannon's overpowered the sabers and fired into Justice's torso point blank that would have disabled it if not killed Athrun outright. It was the best tactical choice. People just say it's dumb because it didn't work. If it had people would be praising Shinn's genius.
>>
Shout outs to the mechanic that made it so Destiny can't fight the moment it loses its hands, every time he gets beaten it's because of it too so they were well aware of the design flaw, His gimmick with the Impulse was replacing the lost parts of his suit and everything.
>>
>>14040135
Not even IBO is as bad as dragonball super and sailor moon crystal
>>
What's with all these fucking SEED threads?
>>
>>14040188
>Shout outs to the mechanic that made it so Destiny can't fight the moment it loses its hands,
Fucking 00-Raiser couldn't fight without it's hands.
>>
>>14040193
There's a whole bunch of weapons in the 0 Raiser at least. Meanwhile Destiny with no hands is stuck with head vulcans and those are never useful, ever.
They should have given it a real face so it can hold its boomerang with its mouth.
>>
>>14040122
dat QUALITY holy shit
>>
>>14040192
What's with all these fucking GUNDAM threads?
>>
>>14040122
>throw same attack at each other
>the guy we're supposed to cheer for doesn't get a scratch
>they guy we're not supposed to cheer for gets destroyed
This show wasn't good to start with but around episode 23 it kept getting more and more putrid with each new episode.
>>
>>14040201
I could literally list hundreds of mobile suits that can't do anything without their hands.
Wing Zero
RX-78-2
Gundam Exia
Gundam Deathscythe
Gundam AGE-1
Unicorn Banshee
The-O

A lot of mobile suits need hands.
I mean, what difference does it make? If Destiny had beam wings, do you think that they just wouldn't have him lose anyway?
>>
>>14040122
Shouldn't neither of them have taken damage? On account of Phase Shift Armor? (don't answer, I know the writers just forgot how it was supposed to work)
>>
>>14040122
I don't know which scene made me saltier
I-Justice effortlessly cutting through the anti-ship sword (isn't that thing supposed to be powerful? Impulse's could reflect beam sabers on the second episode)
It's beam sabers being stronger than the palm beam cannon (aren't these supposed to be able to sink battleships)
Or the "gotta get some use out of these stupid leg beam sabers!"...."oh and to get shinn out of the way so we can remove whatever agency he has left in the series" scene.
>>
>>14040250
Never mind, just noticed the leg beams. Man those look dumb. And remind me of just how bland and forgettable the IJ is.
>>
>>14040250
The effectiveness of phase shift depends on the power source. Since both freedom and justice have superior nuclear power sources their phase shift is more powerful than destiny with its battery power.
>>
>>14040272
>The duration of phase shift depends on the power source.
Fixed.
>>
>>14040272
I think the worst part about CE is that since so many details are dubious, we get right down to people MAKING SHIT UP

Those fucking powerplants on S-Freedom and I-Justice have been changing for years.
>>
>>14040279
Except the variant Zaft made for their suits is for energy efficiency more than anything. Its called Variable Phase Shift Armor.
>>
Man remember that cool promo art of a wrecked Destiny going up against a similarly wrecked Strike Freedom?

Remember how that never happened?
>>
>>14040300
Gotta reuse that delicious Freedom vs Providence stock footage man
>>
>>14040269
>just noticed the leg beams
Didn't notice. What a cheap fucking excuse they came up with.
>>
>>14040291

I think the best part about this complaint is that not only is that information useless, only UC really has such information and most of the AUs (possibly all, I haven't checked), don't have any such information, not just SEED.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-vB1ScvnQ#t=1198

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>14040149
Indeed, it should have destroyed both legs
>>
>>14040272
But wasn't the Destiny and the other one also nuclear powered?
>>
>>14040122
>the stupid leg beams actually did something
Holy shit
>>
>>14040335
Didn't it run out of power during the show?
>>
>>14040335
Destiny had some weird workaround gimmick where instead of being "regular" nuclear powered, the nuclear reactor is used to recharge the standard CE batteries.
>>
>>14040218

Yes you are correct. Lots of Gundam's would be crippled without their hands.

The problem is that of the 4 Nuclear Deutrion Gundam's, only Destiny has this flaw. Legend, SF and IJ all have plenty of build in hands free weapons. Destiny doesn't.

Which makes it kind of a glaring flaw in universe.
>>
>>14040345
Thats really fucking stupid
>>
>>14040326
Well, let's be real about this. All of this is useless information for nerds.
But nerds are who's looking into this shit and buying the Gunpla.

The issue with CE, or more particular, when it comes to Strike Freedom, they're not consistent about it. The nature of it being built and it's powerplant has changed several times over and over, and sometimes they'll try to justify Destiny running out of energy, and then the next time, they'll run that back.
And then there are just some mobile suits that don't have powerplants, because something like SEED Mode and NJCs just seems to be something that's main characters only

Any mobile suit with a strong defensive technology or high output of weaponry that isn't the "main four" don't have known powerplants.
The Zamza-Zah, Gells-Ghe, Euclid, Destroy Gundam and Akatsuki Gundam don't have known powerplants, they just work the way they do.
>>
>>14040362

It's also jarring because Seed had a clear development cycle and explained where the upgraded Gundam's came from and had them foreshadowed several episodes before rollout, where as in Destiny Durandal and Lacus just show up with new Gundam's that came out of nowhere with no development explaination because Gundam's need upgrades.

Goddamn Bandai for rushing this show due to their greed. Fukuda's a moron but Seed was at least something passible and Destiny could have been too they had proper time to work out the show.
>>
>>14040362

The same is true of many Gundam AU suits, especially recently. What poweplant do AGE suits use for instance? No idea. What powerplant do 00 ones use? No idea for anything that doesn't have a GN Drive. They presumably use solar power in some fashion. How? We don't know. What ones do G-Reco suits use? No idea.

If you go back farther, the only information available for most suits in any Gundam AU is that they have an ultra compact fusion reactor. No rating or any other info. Which doesn't say much, and is pretty lazy. Not putting it in isn't even laziness, it's just not caring.

The problem with CE isn't that the information isn't there, it's that the show has enough inconsistencies and draws enough attention that people pick at those faults. You don't notice in other shows cause you don't focus on them as much and the oddities aren't there (at least in some cases) to draw attention. Even the producers and so on backtracking is just a function of that, because you have different people giving different answers on different dates according to their own ideas (rather than one persons idea set in stone by canon) and them being questioned because of attention being paid to inconsistencies in the first place.
>>
>>14040272
>>14040345
Destiny, Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom all had the same Hyper-Deuterion Engine. They also all had the same variable phase shift armor system.
>>
>>14040401
>What ones do G-Reco suits use? No idea.
They run on space-batteries.

> it's that the show has enough inconsistencies and draws enough attention that people pick at those faults.

You mean how early info books had the Windam with Variable Phase Shift which had to be retconned after they were shown being eaten up by AA fire.
>>
>>14040427

To be fair, that's the books fault. Windam's blantantly never had PS armor in show, as shown from their first appearance when they were colored even in the hanger.
>>
>>14040122
Infinite Justice is too cool for this show.
>>
File: 1454770287968.jpg (378KB, 1024x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1454770287968.jpg
378KB, 1024x1334px
>>14040300
I'm great, I know.

>>14040434
There are destroyed Windam remains that show it with PS-down.
>>
File: 1174259994031.jpg (88KB, 669x707px) Image search: [Google]
1174259994031.jpg
88KB, 669x707px
>>14040300

A colossal bait and switch?

>>14040307

And then said re-used footage shows Freedom anyway in the TV version
>>
>>14040441

Aegis and Savior are better than either Justice in my opinion. I think both Justice suits are dull though.
>>
>>14040448
I like all of them but it's the more "standard" weaponry of the Justices that make me wish they were in something better than SEED.

I'd be willing to change that statement to "All of Athruns suits are too good for SEED"
>>
File: 11627.jpg (94KB, 293x411px) Image search: [Google]
11627.jpg
94KB, 293x411px
>>14040401
>What powerplant do AGE suits use for instance?
NONE of the Gundam AGE mobile suits have power plants listed. So outside of the question of what's making them go, it's really a non-issue in the series, because the series doesn't make the concept of a powerplant a defining point of the mobile suits

>What powerplant do 00 ones use? No idea for anything that doesn't have a GN Drive. They presumably use solar power in some fashion. How? We don't know
CB uses True GN Drives
A-LAWs and the EF use GN Tau Drives with the red particles
Mobile Suits in S1 that aren't aligned with CB use batteries that are powered by the orbital towers via microwaves

>What ones do G-Reco suits use? No idea.
Literally everything on Earth is powered by photon batteries. Mobile suits are powered by photon batteries. The entire series is about trying to do something about having to rely on Venus for energy.

Other series like Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Gundam X bother saying "it's powered by a ultracompact fusion reactor! Okay, moving on.." Call it lazy if you want, but the issue is that it's consistent and who has what kind of powerplant isn't a concern in the series, just if the mobile suit is up to snuff. What G Gundam mobile suits are powered by isn't important, because the series doesn't put emphasis on the power plants at all, but they bothered to do the legwork anyway. Shit, if you actually bother looking, they even have zakurium, bigzanium, gimnium, zognium as armor materials in G Gundam. Why? Because this is an easter egg for nerds. If you want to be picky, the mobile suits that aren't accounted for with powerplants are the Butler Bensonmum and Death Army units, and we know how the latter works via the emphasis on how DG Cells work.
>>
>>14040445
>>14040444
The artist spoke up about it on twitter.
He was told to draw something about the final battle about like a month before it aired and wasn't told about any of the details, so that's what he drew.

If you guys are interested, I'll try and drag it out.
>>
>>14040544

> Mobile Suits in S1 that aren't aligned with CB use batteries that are powered by the orbital towers via microwaves

You'll notice I did say any suit that doesn't use GN drives - which includes both true and tau ones - but what about when the one's that don't are outside of their tower's influence? Even when they're inside it we don't know what kind of power plant they have really, only that it's solar dependent. Do they top up before they go? Or do they get it beamed to them on the fly? We don't know. And no-one cares.

> Literally everything on Earth is powered by photon batteries

And literally everything in SEED that doesn't have nuclear power plants (which is usually a plot point) has a battery. So the Zamha-Zah could be assumed to have one, same as the Armorzagan (which we never see any batteries on and is never stated, in show or otherwise) presumably uses photon power batteries. Assumption isn't good enough in the case of Destiny though apparently.

> it's an Easter egg for us nerds

Yes, and it's one SEED didn't want to include because they're not required to give it to you. An Easter Egg is nice because it's unexpected. It being there as standard is no longer unexpected.
>>
>>14040401
Based on 00's mythology it seems like they'd use batteries.
>>
File: 1115652838332.jpg (109KB, 700x633px) Image search: [Google]
1115652838332.jpg
109KB, 700x633px
>>14040544
The series doesn't have to be laden with details about speed, velocity and and ammo counts and all that shit. The issue is "Is This Consistent"? If I go down to the Code Geass wikia, I'm sure I'm going to find that every mecha has some sort of powerplant, regardless of how much they did in the story.
I don't need to know much about how the Mecha Beasts in Mazinger. All that's really important is that Mazinger is powered by Photon Atomic Energy and armored with Super Alloy Z, because that's one of the centerpoints of the series.

CE is a series in which the issue of nuclear power is LITERALLY a plot point and determines how powerful a mobile suit is or not. A part of the reason why the war had even started is because people on Earth are massively upset that they can't eat and can't go to work because they don't have anymore power.

Yet it's hamstrung by behind the scenes concerns so that only the main characters ever pilot mobile suits powered by NJCs, so that even though a new powerful mobile suit or armor shows up, we just leave it blank. I get the idea that Pandora's box had been opened and they don't want Nuclear Power everywhere in the series, but yet again, we could try to be consistent about it than not at all.
What with the emphasis on how a powerplant changes what mobile suits can do or not, I think it's fair to ask something like "What is Destroy Gundam powered by?"

If we really want to avoid giving the EA any NJC Mobile suits, it wouldn't have been too hard to just invent some sort of new battery that's hard to build and too big for regular mobile suits, so that's why they put them in their huge mobile armors. Call it something like the "Hyper-EA-Battery" or something like that, and savvy fans will know that it's a reference to the kind of batteries that Dendoh is powered by.

It's not like it's hard to do, just put some effort into it.
>>
>>14040580
>but what about when the one's that don't are outside of their tower's influence? Even when they're inside it we don't know what kind of power plant they have really, only that it's solar dependent.

I just finished telling you that they're powered by the orbital tower via microwaves
>As a solar energy model, the Enact can accept a direct supply of power from the orbital elevator's generation system via a built in dedicated antenna
The solar array used is literally built as a ring around the planet. They would have to be off the planet to be out of range.
Union Flags and AEU Enacts use that Solar Energy System t o power themselves
The Tierens use Electricity-based engines. Shit, even older mobile suits like the AEU Hellion and Fanton are said to use Hydrogen and Fossil Fuel Combustion Engine.

Note that the theme here is that these things have other power plants based on where they're from and that the whole point is that they can't match the power of a GN Drive. But they still have powerplants.
The difference here is that we have a powerplant accounted for based on the sorts of feats that a mobile suit can pull off in a series where we make the kind of power it's using as an issue, and usually a plot point in the series.

When Graham shows up to fight the Exia, he doesn't show up in a Super Flag that's got an unknown powerplant, he's basically had to butcher a GN-X and parts of his own Flag so he can swing a sword at a Gundam.

When the Zamha-Zah shows up, it's got enough power to deflect a positron cannon. That means it's got a lot of power behind it, more so than other mobile suits that don't have that technology. The problem is that if we just say "oh, well it's got a battery like the other mobile suits do!" then that brings up the question of why they don't equip this on other mobile suits, making them harder to kill. We're not going to give it an NJC, so the question is just ignored.
>>
>>14040709

And where do we get a lot of that info? Model kits. What did the Zamza-Zah never get that the Tieren, Enact, Flag etc did? A model kit.
>>
>>14040709

>Its batteries are better than the other batteries.
>But its batteries are too expensive for mass production

Works every time, if this had turned up last year I'd be happily egging someone to post it on Fukuda's twitter.

I wouldn't expect anything less out of the man who was genuinely surprised when told that normal solid shields shouldn't be able to block a one-hit-kill positron cannon.
>>
>>14040401
AGE stuff runs on plasma.
>>
>>14040553
That would be nice.
>>
>>14040841

It does? When's that said then?
>>
>>14040776

The Zamza-zah is also way bigger than the average suit if I recall, so it probably has more batteries to power it's systems
>>
>>14041195
>A Mobile Suit developed by Flit, who inherited the Asuno family's remarkable skill for MS development. He incorporated his own plasma control technology, which gives the AGE-1 an output far exceeding the Federation's mass-produced Genoace.

Unless Flit straight up revolutionized the energy industry, it's probably safe to assume everyone was already using plasma.
>>
>>14040193
Armless 00 Raiser can still go TransAm and headbutt you to death or something.
>>
>>14040193
Didn't Raiser have some kind of fangs or missiles from its back or something? It's been a while.
>>
>>14041238
GN Micromissiles iirc.
>>
>>14041238
It has micromissiles on the Raiser parts, but regardless, most mobile suits are built such that if you destroy both of their arms there's not much they can do. Destiny's only a notable example because all of the other machines of its tier are loaded to the fucking gills with as many weapons in every possible spot as the designers could manage.
>>
>>14040841
Everything in UC, Wing, X and probably most of turn A runs on plasma anon
Fusion reactors use plasma to generate power
>>
>>14040192
newfags like me got curious about it after hearing /m/ talk so much shit about it
>>
>>14040754
That's no fucking excuse, they could have printed it in a book or some shit.
>>
>>14040580
oo is actually really specific with its powerplants, going as far as to detailing GNT reactors used to recharge mook ms in A-Laws bases.
>>
>>14046057

To be fair that's an important plot point in 00 about the earth forces finally getting GN drives and how different they are from CBs.

None of this really matters Destiny. The units work because they do, end of story. Would them explaining that Destroy is as powerful as it is because it has an NJC reactor really change the story in any meaningful way?

No not really.
>>
File: docu0112.jpg (1MB, 2403x3034px) Image search: [Google]
docu0112.jpg
1MB, 2403x3034px
>>14042479
maybe they did, fuck knows what the japanese texts say
>>
>>14046079

All it really talked about are the weapons, the Positron Reflectors, and how it is supposed to be able to defeat a MS squadron with ease
>>
>>14046122
cool, so now we're back to "it can probably power the reflectors because it's bigger and has more batteries"
>>
File: 515_512.jpg (1MB, 2167x3080px) Image search: [Google]
515_512.jpg
1MB, 2167x3080px
>>14046156
That seems pretty valid to me.
Those battery packs on the Perfect Strike looked pretty small, you could probably stuff a lot of them into a MA.
>>
>>14046182
yes, especially if they're internal and not external (doesn't need protective casing or special connector)
>>
>>14040149
Not when Shinn skipped leg day.
>>
>>14040122
His hands wouldn't have exploded if he didn't decide to close them around the sharp ends of the beam sabers.
As it was he was blocking the attack quite nicely.
>>
for such a shitty series /m/ sure loves discussing SEED
>>
>>14040122
Seed is too boring to notice shit like this
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.