[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Casshern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: casshern-desktop4.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
casshern-desktop4.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
Never really saw any kind of discussion here about this franchise from Tatsunoko.

I recently watched Casshern Sins and I thought it was pretty good. Wanted to know what /m/ thinks about the franchise in general.

I also watched the live action movie and it was Ok, a bit convulted though. I need to watch the OVAs from the '90s.
>>
>>14038569
70's Casshern > Sins > OVA

Never saw the live action

And this isn't me being a hipster I watched Sins and the OVA first but I found the original just handled everything better without going to far into the over gloominess Sins had. and the OVA was just dull
>>
File: van_staff_ir4.jpg (97KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
van_staff_ir4.jpg
97KB, 424x600px
>>14038577
Glad to read that, so I take that I should watch the original? I was impressed with the intro, looked a bit ahead of its time (only 2 years after Kamen Rider for a quick comparison), but I thought it'd be kind of "goofy" since I believe it was aimed at kids?

I don't think that Sins was too gloom or dark 'n edgy since it was the premise from the start and handled it more or less fine for the most part. The fact that a lot of stuff is not explained and simply left to the watcher to make their owns assumptions kind of worked on its favor.

Pic semi-related: Vanquish was partially based on Casshern (no idea if the original or Sins -which I can see some superficial similarities with-).
>>
>>14038686
>I thought it'd be kind of "goofy" since I believe it was aimed at kids?
It's not goofy but not as dark as Sins. Still, it has some really grim moments, so I'm surprised hearing it was aimed at kids.
But the original is neat Robot of the Week show. The animation is good but after a few episodes you'll realise that a lot of the fights are almost entirely made of stock footage. Ignore that and it's still quite good and kind of fun.
>>
>>14038697
Oh no, I personally thought it was aimed at kids, it gave that feeling for some reason. I can be dead wrong.

Anyway I'll try to give it a go soonish. The OVA too why not, makes me curious.
>>
File: goldwing.jpg (575KB, 1232x799px) Image search: [Google]
goldwing.jpg
575KB, 1232x799px
Best Casshern
>>
File: kill_casshern.jpg (64KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
kill_casshern.jpg
64KB, 600x338px
キャシャーンを殺す。キャシャーンを食い荒らす。 I don't remember if that second line is right, it's been forever since I watched it

I enjoyed Sins but thought the live action movie was more fun. Though I don't know how much of a minority I am for really enjoying that live action movie... though I'm pretty sure I'm a huge faggot for enjoying this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx4aU-mU2ik
>>
Original is aimed at kids but in the same way Georgie and GE999 were.
In the meaning that it teaches kids that sad shit happens all the time with really sad episodes like cute puppies suffering or happy families getting exploded and then reading

>Episode Director:Yoshiyuki Tomino

Yep, Kill em' all worked on it.
Also some stillshots are gorgeous, Amano and Yoshida made quite the couple back in the days.
>>
>>14038569
Sins would have been great if it was something like 20 episodes. There were just too many repetitive standalone stories.
>>
>>14039861
>In the meaning that it teaches kids that sad shit happens all the time with really sad episodes like cute puppies suffering or happy families getting exploded and then reading
To be fair, that's old Tatsunoko in general in everything except maybe Time Bokan shows and Hakushon Daimao (and even then, the latter's first show ends on a sad note).
>>
>>14038934
What's this? Korean not-Casshern?
>>
>>14040716
Duh, wanted to quote >>14038849
>>
>>14040716
>>14040720
With a giant robot, for some random reason. The name also sounds like they quoted Daitarn 3's theme song, but not quite.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.