[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nadesico

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

File: nadesico-last-meal.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nadesico-last-meal.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
I went into this show expecting dumb meta humor and lots of Getter references, and I was not disappointed.

What did surprise me thought was how profound and dark it really got at times, even moreso than "muh Gai". Moments like pic related and that time with the Mars colonists accidental massacre were totally unexpected. But it somehow doesn't feel jarring or even that upsetting because it doesn't try to overdramatize it like almost every other mecha anime out there. Hell, this is the first show that got me to laugh at FUNERALS.

Is it safe to say that Nadesico is quite possibly one of the funniest and smartest mecha anime ever?
>>
>>14038251
Yes, it speaks volumes to the legitimate clinical autism of /m/ that it gets shit on so much for utterly asinine reasons here
>>
>>14038256
I thought /m/ also loved Nadesico. It's just that we don't talk much about it anymore because it's old and not Gundam.
>>
>>14038269
As I see it, a good chunk of people like it, but other people don't. Some for legitimate reasons like not liking its comedic timing or harems and that's fine, opinions and all that. But then I've seen others recently that somehow don't understand the basic themes of the show - stuff like not understanding why/bitching that Gai was killed off so anticlimactically or claiming that the whole show is maliciously shitting on the entirety of the mecha genre instead of poking fun at it in good faith.
>>
>>14038251
>>14038256
Delusion
>>
>>14038269
/m/ loved Nadesico a few years ago but now it's full of contrarians who hate anything remotely popular, and people who don't understand the show and think it's a ~mean spirited attack~ at the genre they love.
>>
File: r20njjB.jpg (128KB, 1185x889px) Image search: [Google]
r20njjB.jpg
128KB, 1185x889px
>>14038345
>nadesico
>popular
>>
I loved Nadesico!
>>
>>14038359
>>14038361
Kaname, is that you?
>>
I like a lot of the meta humour and comedy but the show's so schizophrenic in delivery and the actual plot is a trainwreck that it was enjoyable but hard to recommend to anyone who hasn't either watched hundreds of mecha shows or seen it already.
>>
File: Dita_Liebely.jpg (37KB, 470x524px) Image search: [Google]
Dita_Liebely.jpg
37KB, 470x524px
>>14038376
It's the Gonzo art style. Nadesico was by Xebec but the chara designer left for Gonzo after it.

Nadesico and FMP have a lot more similarities than just character design though.
>>
>>14038345
>/m/ loved Nadesico a few years ago

Hello newfag. I know it's hard to know what was actually said a couple years back due to the archive getting fucked, but don't post lies that you pulled out of your ass.
>>
>>14038376
According to stats books, they are the exact same height (166cm) and almost the same weight (50 vs 52 kg), with the same blood type (B), breast size, and other physical features, with the only difference being eye color (blue vs brown).

Yurika is probably Chidori's great-great-great granddaughter.
>>
>>14038256
daily reminder everything you like gets shit on 4chan even on /m/ get used to it and don't ever feed the shitposters
>>
>>14038991
Do I really need a daily reminder of that? Isn't the daily shitposting about everything that I like reminder enough?
>>
Nadesico > Vandread

fight me
>>
>>14039008
>Green turd > brown turd

I don't think that's an argument anyone with a brain is willing to try and do something with.
>>
>>14038991
Somebody disliking something you like automatically makes them a shitposter? That seems a bit over-defensive.
>>
>>14038461
>Nadesico and FMP have a lot more similarities than just character design though.
Both have an albino worst girl, and I'm pretty sure Gai and Souske have the same VA
>>
File: Domon.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Domon.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>>14039346
>I'm pretty sure Gai and Souske have the same VA
Yes. He also voiced Tsukumo.
>>
File: nadesico-captains.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nadesico-captains.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
>>14039346
>Both have an albino worst girl

Tessa bothered the hell out of me too, because the explanation for a ditzy clumsy teenage girl being in command of the world's most powerful warship being merely because "she's a genius and designed it" isn't nearly as compelling as "warship tactics and strategy don't mean jack shit anymore in this modern day and age of one-hit-kill weapons, so let the captain be a young cute girl who can be best suited to comfort and inspire her crew and make a good poster girl for the shadowy megacorporation she's working for ".
>>
File: 1307744837946.jpg (65KB, 450x370px) Image search: [Google]
1307744837946.jpg
65KB, 450x370px
>>14039927

>warship tactics and strategy don't mean jack shit anymore in this modern day and age of one-hit-kill weapons

But that's wrong, goddammit!
>>
>>14039927
But Yurika was also supposed to be a tactical genius.
>>
File: munetake.png (445KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
munetake.png
445KB, 720x540px
>>14038251
>What did surprise me thought was how profound and dark it really got at times, even moreso than "muh Gai".

Gai was nothing compared to what happened to this poor sap. It's almost as if the creators went to the audience "You're still upset about Gai? Fine, we'll make sure the guy who killed him gets some justice too". And the they give us one of the most nihilistic moments ever animated.
>>
>>14040040
She was, but Nergal didn't care about that at all. Which is why they had the whole idol contest to see which prettier girl could replace her as captain later on.

Let's also not forget that like Tessa she's horribly incompetent at literally everything outside of her commander's chair.
>>
>>14038289
>But then I've seen others recently that somehow don't understand the basic themes of the show - stuff like not understanding why/bitching that Gai was killed off so anticlimactically or claiming that the whole show is maliciously shitting on the entirety of the mecha genre instead of poking fun at it in good faith.

/m/ is filled with SRW fans who bathe in the tropes that this show unapologetic shoots down. They see it as mean-spirited because the entire theme of the show is that "MANLY COURAGE AND PASSION OF THE SOUL" is a bunch of nonsense that's nothing better than propaganda to justify massacres.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>14040055
>Let's also not forget that like Tessa she's horribly incompetent at literally everything outside of her commander's chair.

She's much better than Yurika at having her way with the MC at least.
>>
>>14040206
>She's much better than Yurika at being a slut at least.

Okay.
>>
>>14039008
There are people who actually think otherwise?
>>
File: Misumaru.Yurika..jpg (209KB, 570x924px) Image search: [Google]
Misumaru.Yurika..jpg
209KB, 570x924px
>>14038251
>Is it safe to say that Nadesico is quite possibly one of the funniest and smartest mecha anime ever?

Yes.
>>
>>14038251
>Is it safe to say that Nadesico is quite possibly one of the funniest and smartest mecha anime ever

If it's one of the only five anime you've ever watched, yeah.
>>
>>14040214
>slut
>only wants one man
*tips fedora*
The only slut on the Nadesico was that bitch with the huge tits hanging out. She was lusting after not-Gai's dick while still being in a relationship with Goat.
>>
>>14039061
No, but the longer a needless opinion fight goes on, the probability of someone involved being a shitposter approaches 1.
>>
>>14041357
That's still far more than the average /m/ook,
>>
>>14040043
Didn't he get revived in the movie?
>>
I'm at episode 13
It's decent, the action scenes are really well animated but the love triangle subplot really ruins the show. If the MC likes that bridge bunny he should announce it and move on with his life rather than pussy out and lead both girls on. I understand this scenario is any self-inserting loser's wet dream but it gets in the way of everything else
>>
>>14043603
>If the MC likes that bridge bunny he should announce it and move on with his life
That's exactly what he does. He very quickly realizes he made the wrong decision, dumps her, and returns to the ship.
>>
>>14043494
What movie?

I like to pretend that Prince of Darkshit didn't exist.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.