[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animation software used by Studio Ghibli is going free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: brag.png (841KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
brag.png
841KB, 1280x720px
http://www.awn.com/news/open-source-animation-production-software-opentoonz-available-march-26

>Our requirement was that in order to continue producing theater-quality animation without additional stress, the software must have the ability to combine the hand-drawn animation with the digitally painted ones seamlessly. From then onwards we continued to use the software while going through major updates to make it easier for us to use. We are happy to hear that this open-source version contains the Ghibli Edition. We hope that many people inside and outside of the animation industry will utilize this software for their work. We would like to extend our gratitude to the staff of Digital Video.
Basically, techniques that were refined by Ghibli over the years will be available for free. Do you think, it will save some anime? Hey, Otaking?
>>
>>14023182
>Otaking
But Ghibli isn't known for its SHADING.
>>
It ain't the same if it's digital.
>>
I can finally make the shitty mecha anime I've always dreamed of.
>>
>>14023214
Eh, My Neighbours the Yamada's was apparently completely digitally drawn and I thought it was one of the better ones. I think it has more to do with skill and inspiration than being digital or not. That being said, Ronja looked absolutely terrible
>>
This would be nice if I know more about stuffs.
>>
>>14023204
This. Miyazaki even stopped Anno from adding more SHADING to his Nausicaa cuts.
>>
A tool is no replacement for skill.

Also never trust open source to deliver unless you contribute to it too.
>>
>>14023182
Why does everyone think that this software will let them make animations all of a sudden?
You actually have to be able to animate, and if you were animating you were doing it just fine without this particular software.
It's like downloading final cut pro and thinking that's the missing link that will let you finally create the movie you always wanted to.
>>
>>14023182
It's just a coloring software. Nothing that will really let you animate any more than Photoshop.
>>
>>14023250
>My Neighbours the Yamada's
>one of the better ones.

Whatever floats your boat.

The program is free but talent is not included. If you can't make a good drawing with pencil and paper, this will not help you.
>>
>>14023465
>>14023488
>>14023522
>>14023538
Free stuff cuts the costs though. It matters for poor Japanese studios.
>>
What movies were animated with this software?
>>
>>14023680
http://www.toonz.com/htm/gallery/galgallery.htm
>>
>>14023182
I don't see it making a huge difference. Only users already familiar with the Toonz software will be able to suddenly switch to the open source version without relearning everything. Studios will continue to use software that thier artists are trained to use. If they were smart they'd already be using free software.
>>
>>14026001
>Studios will continue to use software that thier artists are trained to use.
As far as I know, most Japanese studios still not gone fully digital. Software is very expensive, free stuff can be a stimulus to make the next step. It will cut time and costs, improve quality and artist's experience (zero price of a mistake is a huge deal).
>>
>>14023204
>>14023428
I think OP is being ironic.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.