[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the protag of Zambot 3 so retarded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

Why is the protag of Zambot 3 so retarded?
>>
He's a kid.
>>
>>14021185
The other kids aren't retarded
>>
Kappei's kind of just an average 70s Mech protag tbqh.
>>
>>14021268
No he isn't.

>Literally leads enemy mech towards civilians in a boat and gets them killed
>>
Keiko is a top-tier girl. Not bitchy and does her job.
>>
>>14021272
Oh shit, I forgot about that. Now that I think about it, why is that fucker in charge of the robot? I'm currently on Episode 11, and still no answer about it.
>>
Muh 70s waifu.
>>
>>14021158
dem hips
>>
File: lXQHHtc.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lXQHHtc.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>14021236
>The other kids aren't retarded
They kind of are. Note the episode where Kappei's friend tries to take over the ship with a shotgun and gets shut down by the mom.

>>14021272
>No he isn't.
He really is.
That's kind of 70's mech protag tier behavior, tbqh. Kouji Kabuto and Tetsuya Tsurugi both did things equally dumb, including directly or indirectly causing the deaths of civilians. Combattler V and Voltes V also didn't shy away from preventable civilian death, and the Voltes team in particular were dumb enough where in the couple episodes where they didn't have adult supervision they nearly got themselves killed. Even Amuro Rey fucked things up pretty heavily once or twice--that time he stole the Gundam and ruined the Federation's sneak attack comes to mind.

Most 70's super robot shows were morality tales, at least in part, and many had episodes where the protag would fuck up and only be able to beat the MOTW after they learned and applied their lesson.

Kappei only comes across as more foolish because Zambot 3 heavily focuses on the civilian costs of war. As such, Kappei mistakes have very immediate and visible consequences, and the show doesn't gloss over or romanticize them.
>>
The bow makes it hard to think of her as anything but Kikka's older cousin in OP pic.
>>
>>14021297
Cause anyone who tries calling him out on his shit ends up getting rekt.
>>
>>14021394
I was going to mention the one chapter of the Getter manga with all the humans that the Dinosaur Empire was experimenting on, though that might be less a case of one of the characters fucking up and more them being screwed no matter what they do. There was still a moral lesson from it admittedly, though.
>>
File: Zambot Slap.jpg (39KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
Zambot Slap.jpg
39KB, 600x433px
>>14021425
That bitch was worse.
>>
>>14021394
>Note the episode where Kappei's friend tries to take over the ship with a shotgun and gets shut down by the mom.

But that actually makes sense. He wanted them out so they'd stop destroying the city.
>>
>>14021158
Tomino
>>
>>14021515
>But that actually makes sense
Maybe his motives but certainly not the method.
>>
>>14021515
>But that actually makes sense. He wanted them out so they'd stop destroying the city.
It makes sense that he'd want them to leave, I don't disagree.

Trying to force them to leave at gunpoint was a flawed plan in several ways, though. A scared kid with a gun wasn't going to improve the situation.
>>
>>14021667
There was at least some logic to it unlike luring a giant monster to a boat filled with innocent people
>>
Do the other pilots even do anything once they all combine? They seem to have no role in controlling the thing. 6 episodes in and the girl has had like on average 2 lines per episode.
>>
>>14021334
I want to fuck her raw dude
>>
>>14021394
>Kappei only comes across as more foolish because Zambot 3 heavily focuses on the civilian costs of war. As such, Kappei mistakes have very immediate and visible consequences, and the show doesn't gloss over or romanticize them.

That reminds me. Remember when Kappei and Kozaki are running from the cops who are trying to break up their dumb fights, and go on about how they're fighting again as usual.

Those cops are swiftly killed in the same episode.
>>
>>14021515
It makes as much sense as thinking that KILLER THE BUTCHER would spare you if you gave up Zambot 3 and friends.
>>
>>14021272
What episode was that?
>>
>>14022023
>implying he knew that

>>14022040
Episode 4 or 5
>>
>>14021158
Zambot 3 hates cuties, that's why Michi won the Kappei.
>>
>>14021334
How old was Keiko supposed to be anyway?
>>
One thing I really dislike about zambot 3 is how in the final battle in space they all lose their shit because Butcher is asking them why they're fighting, and that nobody cares for them on earth.

It was true for a good chunk of the serie, but by that point they gained trust from the population and even got the support of the army. That's not even counting their familly menbers that are still living on the planet.

I understand what they were trying to make you feel, but it's like they wrote themselves in a corner and just kept going anyway.
>>
>>14023216
They have memories of a longer period where Butcher was right, but even then they still go through with it. And the point of the ending is to prove them wrong, that people don't grudgingly accept them, they actually trust and care about the main heroes.
>>
>>14023235
>that people don't grudgingly accept them
Fair enough.
>>
File: NOBODY CARES.png (870KB, 1280x480px) Image search: [Google]
NOBODY CARES.png
870KB, 1280x480px
>>14023216
Only a handful of people, mainly Kozuki and Michi are shown to be the only people that cares that aren't apart of their family, and it took KĊzuki a lot of suffering and actually seeing what fighting the Gaizock is like personally for him to turn.
Remember, their "support" from the army was them trying to commandeer Zambot 3 and doing a poor job of it.

The speech/rants/claims they receive from Butcher/Computer Doll #8 at the end of the series tie into the themes of the series. Choosing to fight when no on else will or can. Fighting even though people lash out at you in frustration. Being unable to save people because the enemy is attacking you in ways that your giant robot can't deal with. The ultimate sacrifice.

The point Butcher was trying to make is that nobody asked them to fight, and nobody cares about their PERSONAL struggles. That they could have just given Zambot 3 and let someone else take up the call. That they've thrown lives away for people who might not even care. #8 even throws in the idea that he might have done it for himself, an d not because humanity is "good" And the fact of the matter is, that in a worse universe, they would have been completely right. Could you see the CE Universe thanking the Jin family for something like that?

I don't know about you guys, but Butcher final words felt a little stronger to me, it makes me feel like crying each time.
>>
>>14023583
A better way to sum this up is to imagine if you were fighting against aliens that were killing everyone with you and a few of your friends, and everyone treated you like Vietnam vets instead.
>>
i like the part where the dog dies
>>
>>14024814
You're a monster.
>>
>Family works hard to get the enemy's barrier down
>You're supposed to attack their base once it's down with your robot
>Decide to get out of your robot and try to kill the enemy leader with a gun

FUCKING RETARDED KID, WHY IS THE LEADER?
>>
File: REEEEEEE.png (528KB, 858x584px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.png
528KB, 858x584px
KILL THEM
>>
>>14026348
I think they said that the main part of the mecha was only used to Kappei's brainwaves before.
>>
>>14026049
no, i'm human being like everyone else
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.