[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

armored core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: Ngwix_f.png (683KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Ngwix_f.png
683KB, 720x405px
does anyone still plays armored core VD?it fells like theres no one else playing it
>>
>>14019357
I just skipped the 5 era entirely, as someone who isn't interested in multiplayer, is VD actually worth picking up?
>>
>>14019477
the multiplayer is actually pretty cool if you have some friends to play with,but the mp looks dead on my region (south america).
>>
>still
no

>tfw from will never stop sucking the dark souls money train
It would feel bad, except I fucking love dark souls. AC6 would be nice though.
>>
>>14019477
and the single player is good but not great,kinda too hard until you get used to it, like one of the first missions where you dont have a pretty good ac and have to fight against like 7 UNacs that takes half your ap with one shot.
and there's the last missions where you fight some pretty cool acs that are quite fair.
>>
>>14019561
i would love if from made an ac6.would play until my fingers fall
>>
>>14019566
>like one of the first missions where you dont have a pretty good ac and have to fight against like 7 UNacs that takes half your ap with one shot.
Wasn't that one just equip chem weapons and then run away until blackup arrives? That was a fun twist. I liked that after dying five times.
>>
>>14019357
Oh, forgot, >>>/vg/acg

How could you not check this?
>>
>>14019357

It's great but I was playing on the box and I got red ringed and I'm too lazy to buy a new console right now. Honestly AC is my favorite series, VD is my favorite entry and I dream about AC6 constantly.
>>
File: 1439941842644.jpg (3MB, 2046x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1439941842644.jpg
3MB, 2046x1496px
JP ACVD is still very populated, I know a lot of the /acg/ people switched to a JP copy to continue playing the multiplayer. Some people still play on the NA region, and matches are set up somewhat regularly.

>>14019477
The singleplayer is pretty good, it's pretty short compared to the older ACs though. You can do pretty well in the multiplayer content by using UNACs that you make, too. Most of the cooler content is in the multiplayer parts of the game, so you might want to give it a shot even if you aren't interested.
>>
>>14019622
oh sry mate
>>
>>14019743
i have just a digital copy i bough whe my account was linked with the brazilian microsoft servers,can i switch o the jp area or i'll have to buy an jp version?
>>
V and VD are dogshit games and don't deserve to be a part of the AC series.
>>
>>14020373
cmon there are much worst ac games than v and vd,nine breaker for exemple
>>
>>14020492
Ninebreaker is at least a recognizable AC game, despite the criminal lack of meaningful single player content it was at least good for the competitive scene.

V and VD are completely unrecognizable as Armored Core.
>>
Why don't cute girls pilot Armored Cores anymore?
>>
>>14020519
they do,it's the pilot model 5 on vd.pretty shit but whatever
>>
>>14020506
the only diference from v and vd from the older acs is the more realistic visual of the acs and more strategic gameplay.you're just being nostalgic
>>
>>14019561
Their killing dark souls. Have you seen 3.
Besides from likes to kill its main IPs.
>>
>>14020580
ds3 seens pretty neato so far
>>
Listen to my song https://instaud.io/jzI
>>
>>14019357
>>14019477

There's probably about 100-150 active players online. But they're all organizing in friends lists and chatrooms.

The point is, the game is active, but you can't rely on the awful matchmaking system to find you matches. Go to forums and reddit (or ask for friends here) and add people, then invite them to battles.

I can easily play 5-10 different people every night, and I've seen up to 20 people online at the same time just on my friends list on the weekends. It's still active, but it's a tight community.

If you want to go into the Japanese server, yes you can get matches without "trying", but you still need to know players if you want to do any team matches, otherwise it's a crapshoot of xenophobic mercenary pandering.
>>
>>14019357
I bought the game and played the campaign for a while. I got stuck on the final boss, but I didn't feel like going on.
>>
>>14020373
Someone didn't really play verdict day.

back cannon weapons = Ready position
3 defenses > 2 defenses
armor break > heat

Unless your criteria for an AC game means it has to be so unbalanced it needs massive ban lists and can't have any stat changes from the original PS1 game.
>>
>>14021023
i couldnt kill hin until i look for help online,and then a guy helped me but now its hard to find someone to play with
>>
>>14019357
>it fells like theres no one else playing it

That's because it was a mediocre game from 2 and a half years ago. I'd be surprised if the servers were still up.
>>
>>14021023
>>14019566
>>14019477

Single player for Verdict Day is just a long tutorial for the multiplayer.

It's probably the game with the biggest difference between single player skill cap and multiplayer skill cap, except for maybe 4 or FA, but those don't require learning as many numbers to be good at. But it's still a good single player campaign. Better characters and translations than any of the previous 3 games.
>>
>>14021036
salty
>>
>>14021036
Everyone bought ACV, realized it was awful, then didn't buy ACVD when they fixed all the problems.

ACVD is probably the best true mech sim in the last 10 years, since Chromehounds.

ACV:
>Terrible game balance
>Game crashing bugs
>Weird graphic filters
>worst translation of all time
>broken matchmaking
>super slow
>online-only tuning
>no single player replay ability
>can't do multiplayer without a team
>tons of "dubstep" ads and promotions, bought by everyone, awful reviews, dead on arrival

ACVD:
>massively better balanced
>good translations
>no bugs
>everything is 20% faster
>hardcore mode
>no more online-only tuning
>customizable AI
>able to compete with AI instead of needing friends
>no marketing from Bandai, had to beg to get patches, no one bought it, good reviews, no one cares.

From Soft listened, fixed everyone's concerns, and made an awesome mech game, the only real problem with VD comes down to "no one bought it".
>>
>>14021066
>mech sim
>VD

Playing rock-paper-scissors is for Fire Emblem fans, not AC players.
>>
>>14021066
>
i loved acvd,it is one of my fav games,sadly there is no one playing it
>>
>>14021075
you'r being too salty old timer
>>
>>14019357
How the fuck do I get good at AC single player
>>
>>14021075
>Buys VD
>Picks the coolest-looking parts
>gets wrecked in story mode
>"I have to have different types of weapons?"
>Forgets about EN and Shell weapons
>Equips different weapons, walks around without jumping or quick boost
>only way he can win is using random weapons that match enemy weakness
>"there's no skill it's just using the right type of weapon!"
>goes online
>doesn't understand what a metagame is
>gets wrecked
>"Trash game"
>>
File: harl.jpg (7KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
harl.jpg
7KB, 104x125px
>>14021128
>VD parts
>cool looking

Trying for aesthetics in VD is like playing VD.

You're only gonna have a shitty time.
>>
>>14021081
Learn math. All of the games boil down to understanding what all the stats do and how it affects what you're doing.

Actual tips ("use scan mode", "go for permanent flight", "match FCS/weapon lock types", "build under your weight cap for speed") depends on which game you're playing, since the stats are a little different in every one.
>>
>>14021139
you're talking like a casual who only wants to have a cool mech and wreck shit like a CoD mech warfare
>>
>>14021139
I think they deliberately made all the parts in VD gross looking so no one set of parts stood out as being cool
>>
>>14021152
i think they are more realistic,not as good looking but i loved it,they made it more post apocalyptic like it should be
>>
>>14021139
It's an ugly, brutal game. And that's just fine.

ACFA: "Oh wow I'm so badass using a cool mech in single player, I look so pretty, I can boost all around and make flashy noises."
ACVD: "I'm badass because I kicked your fucking head off, git gud, fucking casual. No one wants your stylish trash here."
>>
>>14021040
Is it okay to start playing online without having really good gear in the shop? I'm not exactly a newtype or anything so I feel like I'd get shit on online.
>>
>>14021329
just try to follow the meta or building something that counters the kind of build people uses most(like heavy acs with lots of thermal def but low knectic def) but in doubt junst go full tank and heavy dps
>>
>>14021159
Post apocalypse =/= made of garbage.

Not everything has to be Mad Max, anon.

And frankly the aesthetic of the VD ACs isn't "post apocalyptic" either, they're more like grungy Front Mission style military robots.
>>
>>14021329
It's possible to play online only if you meet players who are patient with you and will help.

It's extremely easy to exploit weaknesses in someone's stats in ACVD (low turning, low lock on time, missing a weapon type, poor range coverage, etc.). so if you make a build with 19 out of 20 parts that work together, but the 20th part is something you haven't unlocked yet and you have to substitute with something that doesn't really match the rest of the build, you're going to get exploited for it and probably lose to anyone equally skilled who has unlocked everything.

Thankfully, unlocking all the parts in ACVD's multiplayer is easy. Just beat enough missions to get player Rank A (you need mostly A and S ranks, maybe some B ranks) and then do the 8 scrap collection subquests.
>>
>>14021373
Newbies do so much better in heavy bipedals than they do tanks. Full heavy DPS is a great way to get yourself overwhelmed in every match you have in ACVD.

I'd follow these rules in ACVD multiplayer:

1. Always have a weapon of every type.
2. Never equip weapons with longer lock times than your FCS computation
3. Muzzle velocity /4 = max weapon range.
4. FCS range is increased by head camera performance, 500 = 1x range, 750 = 1.25x, and 1000 = 1.5x.
5. Never equip an FCS with more range than your weapons muzzle velocity /5.
6. High firing stability or dual shoulder. One or the other.
7. Never stop jumping. Put boost drive on a trigger so you can hold it down while firing and moving.
8. If weapon damage < enemy defense, it does about 5x less damage ("ineffective") damage. Avoid this at all costs by using weapons with high DPS that are also above opponent's defenses.
9. Slower turning = wider FCS
10. If you use high accelleration boosters, glide boost everywhere. If you use high powered boosters, jump everywhere. If you use low consumption boosters, stop and switch to something better.
11. Have 1505, 1532, 1823, 1915, or 1952 KE defense. These numbers match up with the heaviest hitting weapons.
12. Have 823, 1002, 1142, 1252, 2036, 2097, 2284, or 2325 CE defense.
13. Have 833, 1065, 1376, 1452, 1720, 2500, or 4030 TE defense.
14. Recoil resistance prevents stun. Have over 1400 to avoid being stunned. Impact force on weapons causes stun.
15. Stun drops enemy defenses to 80% for 2 seconds. Very, very useful.

If you follow all of those rules and learn basic movement and strategy, you'll do absolutely fine.
>>
one more thing...

16. Don't use shields to make up a low defense. Use them to "Add" to your AP, or to force opponents to switch weapons back and forth.
>>
>>14020373
No and fuck off.
>>
>>14021151
>Hawken
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.