[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Gunpla Battles Were Real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: 171059.jpg (401KB, 1104x1500px) Image search: [Google]
171059.jpg
401KB, 1104x1500px
>Bandai would impose power creep that'd make newer and more expensive kits be stonger than older or cheaper ones
>P-Bandai kits would be the strongest
>customization and modding/scratchbuilding would either be banned (including life long explusion from the league for using bootlegs like Dragon Momoko or Koto weapons) or made fragile and useless like in Beginning G
>actually, they were real because you could plug your Advanced Grade and GAGE-ing Builder Gundam AGE kits into the AGE arcade game. It flopped because AGE flopped and Bandai will never try it again despite Amiibo and Skylanders selling like hot cakes.
>gunpla battles died as soon as they were born
>>
File: 1421302011831.jpg (57KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1421302011831.jpg
57KB, 960x640px
>Gunpla Battle is real.
>Hobbyshops with tables have long wait lines.
>They are flooded with people using nubby snapbuilds and unthinned square bottle testors enamel custom paint jobs.
>Tournaments are flooded with Turn A, 00, and Unicorn "Because they're the strongest".

>>14017231
>customization and modding/scratchbuilding would either be banned

Bandai loves that people make customs and kitbashes though as it means that they are buying more kits and supplies than just one. That's why they basically whore out how easy they've made it to customize and do things like throw big gunpla contests. They want people to make customs because it makes them more money.
>>
>not beating up nerds with their P-Bandai using common cheap HGs.
>>
>There will always be that one girl who pilots a GM which absolutely destroys.
>>
>RG is meta, any HG gets BTFO
>Competitive scene consists of only P-Bandai RGs
>MG and PG lines get killed off since battles revolve around 1/144
>>
>>14017296
>Not using superior firepower MG and PG kits
>>
>>14017296
>RG is meta
Aren't RG units extremely fragile though? And based off the show HG are the only units allowed anyways except for Sei who was somehow able to make an inner frame for the SBS.
>>
>>14017271
>>Hobbyshops with tables have long wait lines.

I'm sure there would be a home version online. It would have tons of rage quit disconnects though.
>>
>>14017300
While it takes some effort in skill, there are scratchbuild manuals that show how to do things like scratchbuild inner frames and articulated hands for gunpla.

And there were other grades and scales in both BF and Try. It's just that everyone uses 1/144 because bandai was pushing for hg sales at the time with the AGP releases and easy part swapping.
>>
>>14017300
There's custom parts, SD models, and entire scratch built designs like the Denial/Cathedral and Build Burning. The giant enemy Zaku AI was also working in game.
>>
File: hheheh.png (112KB, 902x612px) Image search: [Google]
hheheh.png
112KB, 902x612px
>Not controlling SD kits like funnels
>>
File: Magician-of-Black-ChaosCdF.jpg (61KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
Magician-of-Black-ChaosCdF.jpg
61KB, 416x416px
>>14017231
I'd be waiting for the first websites.

Some pro breaks open the format because he starts preaching about Xamels with Hyper Mega Particle Cannons.

Then the meta gets full of Spikes running before some nobody steamrolls a tourney with his brewed Zeta Plus fielding nothing but beam daggers.

People would be horde-ing kits, speculating on markets.

It'd be just as cancerous as pro level Magic or Yugioh.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 167x128px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 167x128px
>>14017331
>that one guy who brings an Agg that hides undergound while his 300 SD Tryon-3 Bits fight for him
>>
>that one guy who uses an exia based gunpla
>except it isnt one guy, its everyone
>>
>>14017231
Don't forget

>00 Quanta would shift between OP and nerfed every single update to the system
>>
Strike Freedom 2OP pls nerf
>>
>>14017300
>And based off the show HG are the only units allowed anyways

You can use whatever you want. People just use HG models cause they're the cheapest and have the most variations for customization and ease of getting new parts to repair.

But you could use other grades if you want. Some guys even use Mobile Armors and ships.
>>
I wonder how many people would play without ever watching the anime.
>>
>>14018251
They would be a part of their own anime.
>>
>>14018251
Lots of people already just build the models and don't care about the shows. And that's perfectly alright no matter what /m/ says. Some people just wanna build cool robots and not deal with anime bullshit. It is why most people talking about the model kits already refer to every kit whether its a Gundam or not as a Gundam and not a mobile suit.
>>
>>14020023
You'd think so but that's only because you're a faggot
>>
>>14018016
00fags are the Eldar players of GPB
>>
>>14020023
Macrossfag here, Flags are love. GBF was an effective commercial for me and I finally bought few kits.

And then Try came and enthusiasm pretty much died, except for meta on /m/ and lust for some sort of real life implementation.
>>14017300
It's actually not that hard. And there are kits online that are basically smaller versions of RGs frames in HG scale. Plus all modern kit are using polycaps for joints, making inner frames viable even for people lacking experience, literally plug and play in some instances. Or you cluld cheat and just uparmor Flag with bulkier zeon suit parts and call it a day.
>>14017356
>plz nerf hildolrf, they are not mobile suits!
>>
>>14017295
>>14017287
HGUC GM only. Final destination.
>>
File: zaku no fun allowed.jpg (84KB, 801x837px) Image search: [Google]
zaku no fun allowed.jpg
84KB, 801x837px
>>14021911
I'd rather have my trusty zaku
>>
>>14020251
>smaller versions of RGs frames in HG scale

RG and HG are the same scale.
>>
>>14022789
MG then. The 1/100.
>>
>>14017318
>Scratchbuild manuals

Where can I find something like this?
>>
>That guy who keeps bringing his Busou Shinki to tournaments
For fuck's sake.
>>
>Make custom Getter Robo out of 1/100 scale models (Getter is roughly twice as tall as the regular gundam)
>GETTER BEAM
Even if I lose, it's still going to be the most glorious thing ever.
>>
How do you guys think the meta would develop after the initial wave of "use all the super mobile suits" gets countered? Actuallly what would people do to counter the use of things like Turn A, Perfect Pack, any 00 suit?

I just want my robofu the wagtail II
>>
>>14025742
Magical kung fu bullshit.
Mobile Fighters and SD sangoku stuff.
>>
>>14025742
Outlast or neutralize the damn super mode and shoot the suit when its particles are expended. Idiots spamming Trans-Am or Moonlight Butterfly are gonna run out of energy real quick.

Just cause you have a 00 Raiser or G/C Reborns doesn't mean you get twice the particle count.
>>
>>14017231
Ultimately the determining factor is the strength of the pilot/player and not the grade of the kit. Regardless of the differences in newer kits that make them "stronger," as long as they're made out of plastic, the actual fighting skill of the gunpla battler will decide victory.

Cited: every major battle in GBF/GBFT
>>
>>14025742
What do you think the particle limit was created for?
To stop people from cheesing the fights with infinite super attacks.
Hated when they brought it in along side those shitty super martial arts skills and the exia spam.
But that stopped every other asshole from shit spamming the entire fuckign field with moonlight butterfly.
But they completely removed that restriction in most A class battles. But up there is the best of the best and people who just spam that are almost always blown out and called bitch mode for doing it.
>>
>>14017231
>that one rich kid who dominates with his p2w pg kit
>>
>>14023566
Builders blogs, sometimes people post references in gunpla general too.
>>14024314
And how many super Fumina variants do you want to see?
>>14026431
> all that crying when some neet faggot with no life beyond gunpla just rolls over him in a Ball.
>>
>>14026434
>that one guy who wins by filling his ball with a giant, unbreakable glob of glue
>>
I want my own Fumina.
>>
>>14026434
Really though the ball would be fucking great
>super maneuverable
>tiny target that's impossible to hit
>curved armour nigga
>sickass cannon
>>
>>14026441
I want one too.
>>
>> Limit to HG kits only

>> Register old kits on your phone by scanning the UPC.

>> New kits have an NFC tag in the foot, which can also be scanned with your phone. Old kits start coming with a small NFC sticker that you can also order from bandai if you dont want to be a phone pleb.

>> App lets you register kits to your account and gives you access to the parts / accessories, and upload pictures of your build to your profile.

>> Offer hobby shops a 3D photo booth you can use to get a digital model of your custom kit as well. Im not sure how feasible this is with current tech.

>> Sell a Skylanders style "GP base" with the next Gundam Breaker game. Place the kit / phone on the base to use the gunpla in battle.

Thats how i would do it.
>>
>>14026591
>limit to hg kits only
That makes no sense. MGs and PGs would then see less sales because only real hardcore modelers would get those for collection's sakes. Make it so that suits can only fight with other suits of the same grade or scale.
>>
>>14026603
I guess. Was kind of trying to stay in the same price point as amiibos / skylanders. Havent played Gundam Breaker so im not sure if that differentiates at all.
>>
>>14026640
There's no reason to though. The nature of the technology won't make it any more or less difficult to implement it for larger scaled models especially since it's just registering data anyway. Limiting it to just the smallest kits is just incentive to not get the bigger, more expensive models.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.