[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix this drawing? make the peerspective so they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

How would you fix this drawing? make the peerspective so they would look like giants?
or make the fight look more dynamic?
>>
>>14014913
Keep it as a reminded of my failures, and then put it away. I would then visit /ic/.
>>
>>14014918

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to put a fedora on his head while also shoving a stick up his ass to try and pretend he's superior.
>>
>>14014940
I only mention /ic/ for the sticky. I should have mentioned this. The board itself is useless.
>>
I pratice on my free time, im not taking any lessons. It would be good to hear other artist's opinion.
I just wanna have fun, maybe someday make a comic like prison Pit, dunno.
>>
File: 218sm.png (550KB, 634x797px) Image search: [Google]
218sm.png
550KB, 634x797px
>>14014913
Instead of trying to fix one drawing. Just do many of them. Every day.
Draw from life and such. Or do screencaps of ultraman and other toku shows. and sketch them while trying understand structure, movement and such.
I'm pretty meh, can't recommend anything more. ProkoTV on youtube seems to have some ok lessons about human anatomy. Scott Robertson How to Draw book seems pretty good too.
Just don't stop drawing, if you want to get better.
>>14014948
having fun is most important
>>
could someone re-draw it, plz?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>14014913
Art student (not that that honestly matters). The perspective is pretty wonky here. Sometimes it's good to position your "camera" to make the proportions/perspective more viable to how you want to present the picture.
Learn anatomy. It's one of the most important things an artist can know.
Like what>>14014983
said, just keep drawing. Like a video game, you'll get better and better the more you work. And don't be afraid to cheat the system. If something isn't working particularly well for you, MAKE it work. A big part of art is presentation.

>>14014948
Fun is the most important part of art. The reason why I fell so much in love with it is because it simultaneously relaxes me and drives me bonkers. It is a problem that needs to be solved, but also a friend.
>>
>>14015037
>Art student

I'm just going to vent and blog and say that being an art student was the biggest regret of my college career.
>>
>>14015097
How so? Did you not have a plan or anything?
>>
>>14015119
No. I'm working right now, actually. Retiring at the end of this semester, though.
However, the current way art programs are designed at universities work against any artist. The way colleges and universities still utilize the concept of credit hours for art is far too shallow of a design to do anything but waste the artist's time. At the end of the day, you'll inevitably have printmakers in sculpture, graphic designers in ceramics, and so-on. The current system doesn't build off of the artist, but instead gives them busy work that they have no desire or passion to do. It ends up working against them as they (the students) are forced to find time outside of their classes to do their actual studies and finish work that would actually be in their portfolio.
It's no more asinine than having a football player join the baseball program for a semester.
>>
>>14015151
I feel the exact same way. I specialize in illustration, but am forced to take painting and sculpture classes. I'm not too flummoxed about it (although I'm not too particularly good at painting or 3D work as a whole), but I feel like they should be focusing on helping me work on skills that would land me a job I would be competent at. I feel like I'm doing too much of the work myself when in reality they should be doing just as much for me.
>>
>>14014983
I'll totally second the Scott Robertson recommendation.

His Design and Invention book is great. Only sorta drops the ball on feet and kinda sorta legs. Otherwise it's fantastic.
>>
>>14014913
Study anatomy and how the human body should move and be in proportion to itself. For instance your Ultra looking dude, with his arm raised to do that "chop" looking thing should have his shoulder raised and pectorals stretched to accommodate that raised shoulder, kind of like pic related. This helps your characters look more fluid than rigid. I use a lot of reference images to help eye ball things to look natural since I'm super amateur hour myself and like >>14014983 said, don't try to fix it. Learn from it and do something else. Good luck on your endeavors Anon!
>>
>>14016536
I think you mean Michael Hampton.

But yeah, the stuff that he & Robertson teach are great when combined.
>>
>>14016574
Oh shit, you're right.
I'm embarrassed as all hell now. My reputation here is ruined.
>>
>>14016603
You'll have to change your trip Anonymous otherwise we'll torment you forever.
>>
>>14015097
If I can vent as well, not being some kind of art major is a massive regret for me.
>>
>>14014913
If you wanna learn how to draw you have to learn to draw the shit in front of you.

The best way to practice is to draw lots of simple shapes like boxes (all the same size) in different positions, distances, angles, etc. You will get consistent quickly that way.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.