[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 37

File: 9993.jpg (42KB, 225x293px) Image search: [Google]
9993.jpg
42KB, 225x293px
Thoughts ?
>>
File: best wattary.jpg (128KB, 1437x1005px) Image search: [Google]
best wattary.jpg
128KB, 1437x1005px
It was okay

Wish the antagonists were more developed

They have this weird "weak man, evil woman" thing going on except for Kagatie and Maria, who are "Jupiter and naive Newtype Christ" but we never get a really good picture of their ideals

And Katejina doesn't really develop so much as gets crazier every time we see her

It had the best couple in Gundam though
>>
Best.
>>
>>14013609
Agreed, bad guys were bad. Some were evil bad and some were mean bad. But besides that we don't get a ton. Chronicle even gets upstaged by a random teenager he abducted.
>>
>>14013620
>>
Speaking of best couple
>>
>>
>>14013609
You clearly missed the message then. It's symbolism of women being naturally pure evil while men are weak to their wiles. Zanscare was the SJW-movement at it's most extreme.
>>
Tomino really bad a hard-on for delicious brown in Victory
>>
Why does my phone rename 99% of my pictures but then leaves that Marbet untouched?
>>
>>
Uso is a happy kid.
>>
Last one.
>>
>>14013601
Most average Gundam I've yet to see. Admittedly, I'd think of it as decent if they just added more shading.
>>
File: implying.jpg (143KB, 704x960px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
143KB, 704x960px
I really liked Uso, easily one of my top Gundam protagonists.
>>
>>14013601
>Thoughts ?

Mediocre series that is redeemed in part with its great characters, only second to those of ZZ.
>>
It had a lot of cool technology, I wish other shows would come up with stuff like beam rotors and tires instead of the same old funnels and power-ups like trans am/zero system/ SEED mode
>>
File: 1439511957073.jpg (122KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
1439511957073.jpg
122KB, 846x846px
>>14013601
Good but too eager to kill people off. There is a certain point in the series where I just stopped getting attached to characters because I knew they'd end up dying a few episodes later. Maybe Tomino was making a statement about the dehumanization of war with that but in the end I just didn't give a heck.
>>
>>14013709

We only lose 1 Shrike an episode for a bit episodes and then it's pretty much home free until Junko dies

The last few Shrikes die during Angel Halo of course
>>
>>14013609

This, zanscare was barely explained, maria is in one or two episodes, and then there is tassilo's coup before you can care about their ideals. Victory is still great though. I will never understand why tomino doesn't hold it in high regard or why it isn't very popular.
>>
>>14013750
Because it isn't the show he wanted to make. He was really depressed and hated Bandai with a passion. I wouldn't want to remember that time of my life either.
>>
>>14013757

It was still good though. Artists always have to weigh economic and artistic value when they produce media for mass markets. If victory isn't the show he wanted to make, why doesn't he dislike the original msg for cancellation and rewriting?
>>
>>14013757
He wanted to make that F91 series didn't he?
We could've had Crossbone by now.
but we would be bitching about not getting that Victory manga adapted
>>
>>14013709
You sure? The death count wasn't any higher than Zeta Gundam.
>>
>>14013766
Not really. He doesn't have to weigh in on anything.
I imagine the original MSG was still a much better time for him. Compared to other shows of the era, they were given the freedom to create an entirely new story and do whatever as long as it had the robot in it doing whatever they wanted it to. (The cancellation was actually related to Tomino not ever showing that retarded Core Change thing where you could combine the mecha, so he kind of won by sticking it to the sponsor. Plus he got his message across just fine and everyone loved it.)

Compare that to Victory where they called him back to do Zeta after he didn't want to (claimed after MSG "I'll never do another Gundam"), was brought back to do the same shit in ZZ, F91 was cut short, brought back again to do Victory (robot HAS to fight in episode 1, you MUST do XYZ, etc). IIRC he told Imagawa for G Gundam "Don't trust Bandai" or something. By that time he was fed up with Bandai's shit and started bringing in motorcycles, tires, killing everyone, and so on. I forget the rest of the details but in general it was a really crappy point in his life where his mood affected his work, which he thinks is bad to do.
>>
>>14013784
iirc Victory was made shortly after Bandai bought out Sunrise, so Tomino had toy company executives interfering with what he wanted to do. The most overt example is showing the episodes out of order (3, 1, 2, 4) so the Victory Gundam would appear in the first episode shown. Also supposedly the Motorads (giant motorcycle ships) were because Bandai wanted the show set on earth but Tomino wanted battleships anyway, he created and murdered the Shrikes one at a time to make the show unpleasant, he had Katejina turn evil just because he thought it would piss people off, that kind of thing.

But he was so creative in his childish attempt to sabotage the show that it made for an amazing story. Katejina's sudden personality inversion is the only thing that strikes me as "that could have been handled/explained better" but since I know it was deliberate it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>14013816

Then Tomino is just kawaii because in trying to rebel, he made a good show with unique designs.

I just don't buy the theory. Tomino doesn't seem like the kind of person who would screw his employer over petty matters. Unless you worked for sunrise or bandai at the time, nobody has an inkling as to what actually happened regarding his wishes, especially since he returned for turn a and g reco.

In general, newer works have fewer freedoms because they're riskier productions. Anime as a medium was still relatively new in 1979 and was not held in high regard. Anime today are expensive and often adapt existing works, so there are greater expectations and more brand awareness. Especially with gundam, by the time tomino was working on zz, he should have realized just how popular gundam had become and how profitable the toys were. At that point, toy sales will supersede artistic vision every time. That's why I can't easily sympathize with him if he lashed out at bandai because he should have known as much and found a better alternative to balance art with profitability.
>>
>>14013845
Anon... this stuff is on record. He's come out and said as much multiple times. You could probably find it with a quick google search.

You try working as an artist for years as toy executives hound you to change your vision, a message to the children, in order to increase profits. I can't blame him.
>>
>>14013601
Would be much better if they cut the padding that makes up for one third of the show. The good parts were really good though, great MC, great OST, great girls, some great choregraphy and great mobile suits designs.
>>
>>14013601
People meme about Bellri doing warning shots, but Uso did it first.
>>
>>14013877
Can someone explain to me why the Victory uses an external targeting system on one eye, on top of the targeting camera on the rifle?
>>
File: 47f62b9a.jpg (180KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
47f62b9a.jpg
180KB, 1024x681px
>>14013852

No it's not, there are a couple random interviews where people ask and he gives vague answers because he's not stupid enough to go into detail and criticize his employer about ancient shit that doesn't even matter anymore. Furthermore, he's only one person.

Most assumptions made about Tomino on /m/ are commonly recirculated snippets of interviews that never tell the full story. Most translated information works in this manner since almost nobody here can confirm or deny legitimacy. For instance, he has never discussed Victory (unless you have an untranslated interview that nobody ever heard of), but almost everyone here thinks he despises it because of the dvd manual and bluray comments. Like every secondary source, these ideas are retold over and over until they're hardly recognizable anymore. People infer a ton of shit and post it without sourcing to the point where most people are convinced Tomino actually hates Victory. It's more likely that he knew it was unpopular, so he wanted to appease the audience.

Nobody has ever fully translated this. I'll think about doing it. Just looking at it briefly, he claims victory is disorderly. He doesn't want viewers to be lured in by the gundam name. He's mostly blaming himself here, not bandai. Let's dispel this myth that mass produced works are purely artistic. Tomino worked on popular anime. He did storyboards for the astro boy adaptation ffs. He knows the game; he can't use it as an excuse 15 years later.
>>
File: FUCKING SHAKTI.png (593KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING SHAKTI.png
593KB, 704x528px
>>14013601
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUCKING SHAAAAKTTTIIIIIIII
>>
File: 1452674570252.png (102KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1452674570252.png
102KB, 450x443px
>>14013894
>Let's dispel this myth that
It's time for bed Rubio. The race is over.
>>
>>14013893
>because it looks cool.
>>
>>14013601
My favourite series along with TurnA and 0079.
>>
>>14013916
Goddamit Juzo Saejima, he's not BUILD TIGER for crying out loud!
>>
>>14013624
Yes, Renda and Duker were good. Wish they had more screentime and their relationship was more developed.
Hell, maybe Duker is the real Char of the Victory, not Chronicle or Katejina.
>>
>A brown kid named after the first president of Czhechoslovakia
10/10
>>
>Not enough plot & tech continuity to previous UC
>Interesting but mostly unimportant designs for Gunpla sector
>More weaker animations than previous projects
>Character focus not wide, plot barely expands Uso to Shrikes
>Interesting quick battle tricks (parachutes for blinding enemy, Leg unit shooting, wire-controlling Beam Rifles etc)
>Mostly original story but looks incomplete and rushed for preventing a possibly cancellation order.
>Female character cast are only used for forced drama (It's not a negative trait for Gundam actually but V Gundam did it unesthetically unlike previous UC shows)
>Against all odds, this show deserved remembering as much more better show than G Gundam, Turn A Gundam, Build Fighters/TRY and -barely- IBO
>>
>>14013896
She probably got more people killed than she saved in the end.
>>
File: 1328937969962.gif (342KB, 153x113px) Image search: [Google]
1328937969962.gif
342KB, 153x113px
>>14013630
>Tomino predicted the future
HOLY SHIT!!!
>>
>>14013609
>It had the best couple in Gundam though
Tiffa and Garrod are from X though.
>>
10/10 Reinforce will always be remembered

I like seeing it as Char reincarnated (Uso) and Lalah (Shakti) getting a second chance.
>>
File: 1454981184324.jpg (14KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
1454981184324.jpg
14KB, 198x198px
I had to stop watching because truthfully, I got pretty oppressed by the atmosphere.

>makes you feel like every MS and soldier counts and they die nearly constantly
>the Federation is reduced to a bunch of old men and children, and this is not played up for comedic effect
>there involves a scene where the little dark skinned girl begins digging a grave for herself and a baby because she was so shook that she was gonna die
>>
>>14013630
holy shit mind blown
>>
>>14014408
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GYB1neCEic

Truly the best scene in all Gundam animated universe.

Where are you when bunch of old people die protecting mankind for the future generation
>>
>>14013601
Incredibly fucking depressing. Tomino wrote it while in an awful place and unsure of whether or not women were whores or killing machines.
>>
>>14014443
>RAMMING SPEED
Reinforce Jr.'s crew exhibited full devotion and steadfast courage in dispensing their duties. Outnumbered, outgunned, badly damaged and barely holding, the ship charged head-on into the bulk of the enemy force, ramming its main unit and dispersing the opposition's strength while giving our forces time to regroup. Their actions reflect highly upon their service branch.
>>
File: 1458280633661.png (73KB, 285x312px) Image search: [Google]
1458280633661.png
73KB, 285x312px
>>14014476
>tfw Reinforce Jr Crew commandeering a Battleship in warhammer 40K
>>
>>14013601
Muh favorite.
>>
dumping dvd covers
>>
>>14014720
i could crop them but i can't be bothered now
>>
>>14014726
>>
>>14014720
That's some surprisingly good English.

>>14014503
GO FORTH, YOUTH, TO YOU WE THROW THE TORCH! WE OF THE OLD STOCK SHALL FIGHT ON AND TAKE THE XENOS TO THEIR FINAL BATTLE! ONWARDS, COMRADES, FOR THE EMPEROR!
EVEN IN DEATH WE SHALL SERVE!
>>
>>14014732
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Shokews and Gun-EZs are fucking fantastic.
>>
Fights were creative/ well choreographed
Art wasn't great
Story was crazy
Usso was based
Reinforce Jr's sacrifice was easily the best moment in the whole Gundam Franchise
Breddy good series 4/5
>>
>>14014738
>>
>>14014746
>>
>>14014750
>>
>>14014755
>>
>Zanspine will never be animated
>>
>>14014758
>>
>>14014762
>>
File: vicdualpistols.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vicdualpistols.webm
2MB, 640x480px
About average or a little below as a whole. I realized it had issues, but the second watch really brought them to light. It has some of my favorite things about Gundam, but the narrative is shoddily put together despite highlights like >>14014443

Still need to do blu-ray webms.
>>
>>14014767
>>
>>14014761
>Second Victory will never be animated
>>
>>14014775
>>
>>14014408
And then Uso will ruin the Federation era and lead the world into Dark Ages
>>
>>14014772
I feel the opposite, really. First time round I saw all the flaws, second time I'm seeing tons great of things I missed the first time and appreciating it more.
>>
>>14013601
Waiting for the second half of EG's blu ray release before I watch it.
>>
>>14013816
>IIRC he told Imagawa for G Gundam "Don't trust Bandai" or something.
That was actually Fukuda.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.