[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /m/ like Virtual On?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: 16227_977961.jpg (299KB, 1196x1200px) Image search: [Google]
16227_977961.jpg
299KB, 1196x1200px
Does /m/ like Virtual On?
>>
File: KOTO_VIRTUAL_ON_TEMJIN.jpg (184KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
KOTO_VIRTUAL_ON_TEMJIN.jpg
184KB, 800x600px
>>14011261
Yes
>>
In the Virtual On DEEPEST LORE, what is the S.L.S.? I thought it was Fei-yen's super mode but I think it's associated with Viper II
>>
>>14011261
It would be weird if /m/ didn't.

I was obsessed with the arcade game as a kid. Robot Jox was my favorite movie and MechWarrior 2 was my favorite video game, so a game that let me sit in a real cockpit and control a giant like a real pilot got me super-stoked.

I couldn't afford to get Oratorio Tangram for a long time. I have it and the Dreamcast twin sticks now, but it cost me a solid $100. I would go play it right now, but my wife has the TV for basketball. You did this on purpose, didn't you?
>>
>>14011261

/m/ does, and as well they should, because Virtual ON was good enough to get a spot in Alpha 3
>>
File: Angelan3.png (791KB, 650x838px) Image search: [Google]
Angelan3.png
791KB, 650x838px
Posting best girl.
Post stupid sexy Temjins if you can.
>>
File: tumblr_n1g4oqt6Z81tu022ro1_1280.jpg (307KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1g4oqt6Z81tu022ro1_1280.jpg
307KB, 1024x768px
>>14011551
Dude, that's Angelan, not Temjin.
>>
File: vmik11.jpg (154KB, 640x367px) Image search: [Google]
vmik11.jpg
154KB, 640x367px
I'm partial to this one
>>
shame no one outside Japan can be arsed to git gud at this game
>>
>>14012088
Unless you want to pay for Xbox Live and play a last gen console there's not many ways for Westerners to even pick up the game legally.
I mean you could play The 360 one exclusively offline, but good luck finding a local scene outside of California.
>>
>>14012162
If only Sega gave enough of a shit to put OT on PC or PS3/PS4, or at least release the OM port outside of Japan
>>
>>14011480
Slc means she lost control, allegedly what the unlucky test pilot who activated Vipers super dive cried before slamming into the ground, subsequent pilots learning how to control the vipers immense power

Basically the Tallgeese back story with a bad end
>>
File: viper.jpg (131KB, 864x611px) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
131KB, 864x611px
>>14012349
Sauce on that backstory? Sounds like fun reading unless it doesn't extend past what you've posted then I guess that's all there is reading...
>>
>>14011564
I'm aware of this, Anon. I asked for Temjins anyway.
>>
>>14012179
>or at least release the OM port outside of Japan
I'm in agreement with you there anon, I can only play V-On in the arcade near my house.
>>
File: Angelan.jpg (155KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
Angelan.jpg
155KB, 600x851px
>>14011551
I wonder if Kotobukiya will ever get a chance to make model kits of the rest of the units from VO:OM and VO:OT.
>>
>>14011261
/m/ says it does instead of playing the fucking thing.
>>
Fei-Yen Kn a best
>>
Is there any room for a new game?

Are the designs too dated?

Maybe Sega will give us a VR mode for Virtual On?
>>
>>14012992
>Are the designs too dated?
Virtual On probably has some of the most wonderous designs out of the mech genre. Not saying they are OUTSTANDING, but they certainly stand out in a crowd and manage to look good doing so. Someone would have to be crazy to think even the Operation Moongate designs are dated.

>>14012992
The plots of the games are normally so simple (Sans Marz) that they could easily make another arcade oriented game. They just haven't. Last I heard Katoki just wants to make Fei-Yens or something. Katoki has shit taste for not wanting to make more Angelans, imo. Nurse and Pope Hat Angelan are gifts from heaven.
>>
>>14013015
*>Is there any room for a new game?
I mean to green text this, not add another link to the post. Sorry, Anons.
>>
>>14012179
It's bizarre how little they seem to care about this series despite its popularity.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N_EjMw0z8g
>>
File: 1454711289740.jpg (45KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1454711289740.jpg
45KB, 480x368px
>>14012088
what an ignorant post, I'm no Pro at VO but I know and play with a bunch of guys from NorthA/SouthA/Europe that are really really good.

Speaking of playing, the Xbox360 has a small, but active and dedicated community and if you want to play VO online then that console would be your best choice. OT is available worldwide and OM and Force are region free so there is no excuse.
>>
>>14012476
To the test pilot, the Viper II, originally a variant of the Temjin, was basically 2fast4u. The special move was then named after the pilot's last words. They eventually managed to get a Vr.-to-aircraft and vice versa transformation to work on a Viper II frame, leading into the Cyper/Myzr series.

The guy who designed the Viper II also designed the Specineff in OT, which is powered by the pilot's negative emotions and last regrets floating around cyberspace, and the Kagekiyo in Force, the control system of which is slaved to the soul fragment of a dead samurai.
>>
Might aswell try luck here: do any of you have a link to VO soundtracks?
>>
>>14013810
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/browse/V
>>
There are people playing in the lobby RIGHT NOW and I don't see any of you "fans".
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.