[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muv Luv/Schwarzesmarken General - /muvluv/: 2edgy4me Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 108

File: 3edgy5me.jpg (713KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3edgy5me.jpg
713KB, 675x1000px
Schwarzesmarken partial OST: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zvm90t51ph1pvvo/Schwarzesmarken+Partial+OST%28Unofficial%29.rar

How many of you have gotten a hold the MiG-21 kits so far?
>>
>>14010988
>How many of you have gotten a hold the MiG-21 kits so far?
I plan on getting in in May.
>>
Strike Frontier when?
>>
File: stasi slut dodges PG-7VL.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stasi slut dodges PG-7VL.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
RIP Wolverine mook.
>>
>>14012237

Not a very rigorous recruitment process the Stasi had going.
>>
>>14012262
The anime made the Werewolves a bunch of clowns rather then the grizzled veterans they were in the LNs.
>>
>>14013284
No one gives a fuck about the LN. Stop bringing it up.
>>
>>14010988
I've bought Balalaikas revoltech five years ago, I'm in the clear.
>>
File: 1457897547993.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457897547993.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>14012237
Cute.
What a shame she died too.
>>
>>14013675
People do, otherwise they wouldn't bring it up.
>>
>>14012262
>>14013284

>Someone blocking mook's field of vision
>Suddenly boosts away
>Mook is hit in the next second

Ey anons, this is one of several stock animation sequences since the '70s to show someone getting killed without having to off any important characters. What "omg no skill scrubs" are you people going on about?
>>
>>14013813

Well, it extends to their entire performance, really.
>>
>>14013813
>let someone block your field of vision
>not paying enough attention to the person
>not following her when she suddenly changes direction
>>
File: black marks migs.png (2MB, 888x955px) Image search: [Google]
black marks migs.png
2MB, 888x955px
>>14013980
>Being able to react faster than a RPG about a dozen meters from your face by the time you see it
>Implying the pilot could do shit in an unrevised MiG-23 Kekburashka by that time

>Implying the majority of Stasi pilots are not nuggets whose crowning moment of achievement is their pro-police state graduation speech
>Implying surviving NVA pilots aren't more on the ball because they're the ones playing Laser tag daily
>Implying rebs formed of NVA personnel aren't more hardened overall
>Implying the novelization paints the Stasi as hardened veterans of battles instead of hardened veterans of crowd scare tactics, torture, mind games, and hunting down isolated deserters.

That's like saying that the IRG is a veteran unit. Elite, yes. Disciplined? Yes. These are all strong hallmarks of elite, dedicated units.

Veteran? Depends.

You need to make a separate thread for MS IGLOO 2, anon. Giant bipedals dodging high-speed munitions is that other way.

>>14013854
Eh, it's hardly anything worth talking about. I can accept fighting units built on political lines being hit-or-miss. It'll be silly if they were all crack troops despite spending most of their time as a show of force.
>>
>>14010988

Did we really need another fucking thread about this pile of dogshit with the other one a long way from the grave?
>>13991648
>>
>>14014155
>That's like saying that the IRG is a veteran unit.
That's like you're saying they don't recruit veterans from the IJA.

I have to agree with you on WW squadron though, they were mainly veterans of TSF vs civilians tactics. Their experience against BETAs started in the beginning of the series, and against TSFs about the same.
>>
File: fulcrum element.png (2MB, 1364x993px) Image search: [Google]
fulcrum element.png
2MB, 1364x993px
>>14014307
Point conceded for the IJ-IRG, though their commanders are still the privileged struts rather than the actual veterans.

Also, nothing has been said of the staffing of non-royal pilots, so for all we know the majority of them are recruited directly. Of course, there's still personnel transfer to consider and the IRG could probably get away with calling up whomever they wanted from the IJA via official government channels, but, well. Iwaya was also friends with Takamura-papa so Big Taka getting the IJA to have him serve as a non-royal during that time period should be easy enough.

Though what I really wanted to say is that Lise and her mate were flying low and blocked by buildings, so with everything previously mentioned thrown in, dying to an RPG is quite within the realm of possibility.

It would be over a decade later when the Soviets would produce the MiG-29, which was capable of automatic limb position adjustment to ensure that RPGs and the like would hit at an angle insufficient to achieve detonation, if it wasn't able to avoid it altogether - not counting the active defence system the -29s had.

The MiG-23 is a walking cardboard box painted in bright paint compared to the security-specced -29, so getting downed by an RPG shouldn't really be that big of an issue. If a GM can explode by having a Ball kicked into it...

>>14014298
That's the exclusive thread for sisterfucker sympathizers bruh.
>>
>>14014155
>>14014420

>Beatrix: However, I am not worried; you are all able Pilots who have fought against the BETA before.”

They also draw from talented NVA units. Beatrix herself was NVA (at least long enough to attend the NVA Air Academy) and tried to recruit Theo a few times.
>>
>>14014554

So they're just stupid then.
>>
>>14014561
In the LN they rip everyone a new asshole and nearly wipe out Heim and the rebels. This despite fighting on two fronts and being extremely outnumbered.

Director-kun has gone on record as saying that he doesn't want to glamorize the stasi because real people were effected by them, so he has to make them as evil and stupid as possible (Farka is cunt to Lise; Beatrix is a brutish bitch rather than a Machiavellian and charismatic leader).
>>
>>14014581
I'm not surprised, shows are more international than novels, and you have to be PC.
>>
>>14014581
>he doesn't want to glamorize the stasi because real people were effected by them, so he has to make them as evil and stupid as possible

Does he believe the YAMATO DAMASHII elements present in other Muv Luv entries should be demonized too?

Or does that count only if other (non-Japan) countries do it?
>>
>>14014581

>Director-kun has gone on record as saying that he doesn't want to glamorize the stasi because real people were effected by them

If true, what the hell does that matter to the Japanese?

It's not like this thing would even have a base of German viewers old enough to be around when the Stasi did its worst, and the Stasi in reality, despite its notorious reputation, is absolutely nothing like its baby-killing, heavily-armed Muv-Luv version at all.
>>
>>14014155
> Being able to react faster than a RPG about a dozen meters from your face by the time you see it

talking about that... the rebels seems acquire the most hax weapon, which called QUALITY RPG.
it's like 200% hit rate for rebels, 100% damage dealt, 0% dodge for stasi TSF.
>>
File: 1435901072693.jpg (540KB, 1106x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1435901072693.jpg
540KB, 1106x1600px
>>14014585
It's more because Watanabe is an imbecile. It's not the first time that he's taken a popular character(s) and turned them into shit.

Just look at how many people will always remember Mitsuki as worse girl because the guy wanted to throw a bad end into the anime for drama purposes.
>>
>>14014602
>Watanabe
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=5502
Given that he started his directorial career with both ZOE shows, was he given too much control afterwards?
>>
>>14014598

Weapons triangle mate. RPG > TSF > BETA, and back to > RPG.
>>
>>14014618
Yeah, and not enough time. There's no excuse though for butchering characters like Lise so thoroughly that people hate her more then Axmann. He really muddled the audience's sympathy for Lise by showing her to be a hair twirling sadist then a deeply conflicted person. So when her death scene came, most of the audience was celebrating.

It'll be the same shit with Beatrix is he decides to keep her canonical motivations. The fact that both her and Lise so thoroughly enjoy being evil in the anime invalidates the impact of any potential sob story or merit they may have.
>>
File: MAXIMUM PENETRATION.png (37KB, 291x101px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM PENETRATION.png
37KB, 291x101px
>>14014643
welp, that's true anyway.
i'm talking how QUALITY of that RPG launch in that scene. there's no smoke trail from the rocket, after launched a seconds later.
hopefully someone feel the same in that scene, or maybe just me.

>>14014602
Akane Maniax was pretty decent, maybe it's too short that watanabe unable to utilize his imbecile-ness as you say?
i would hop into the hate wagons if they failed to show MAXIMUM PENETRATION for Beatrix.

... should have continue KGNE VN when i have more time.
>>
>>14014744
They already changed Farka's and Lise's deaths.
>>
>>14014554
>They also draw from talented NVA units.

Well, they're the ones not shown getting blown up then, at least.
>>
File: 1167818.jpg (337KB, 1024x722px) Image search: [Google]
1167818.jpg
337KB, 1024x722px
it's March 19th and still no news on ANYTHING in nearly a month
>>
>>14014795
there's few episode left, conclusion shouldn't draw yet.

but thinking about Lise's death different than LN, guess there's possibility of that not happen.
>>
>>14013752
It was hard forcing the LNfags out when the anime started. Don't invite them back. No one cares if it's not a 1:1 adaption. The heroes are good and the MC doesn't play around with peace or mercy bullshit, the villains are irredeemable scumbags that you want to see mulched, the plot is alright, and most importantly, the mecha action is good.
>>
Tried to watch this show the other day. The character designs all have this terribly generic low rent look to them, not to mention that most of them are hopelessly annoying and cliche.

The show doesn't look good. Its not animated well. The soundtrack is uninspired. The characters don't act like actual human beings. The only redeeming feature are the mecha designs. The core idea of real-world aircraft all being designed as mechs instead while keeping similar design features and aesthetics is great.

Unfortunately its an amazing concept that's totally wasted on this turd. Doesn't help either that the main enemies, the Beta, are all boring and samey themselves instead of getting to see the different aircraft based mechs getting in dogfights and really playing the gimmick up.
>>
>>14015083
>Unfortunately its an amazing concept that's totally wasted on this turd.
That's because the concept is borrowed from the original VN trilogy, which is actually good.
>>
>>14015090
Try playing the SM VN. It's easily better than the trilogy.
>>
>>14015083
you could say anime & time budget issue. that's what happen when age meets funds.

on the LN side, it's pretty interesting & story was quite solid, when the time setting within story taken into account.
although those material i gone through was in PRC tier translation, & need some time to ingest due to differences of PRC-tier & other Chinese tier, still it looks promising for a reason.
>>
>>14014744
>>14014795
Penetration must happen. Beatrix is the most unapologetically evil Muv-Luv character ever, and they'll remove a lot of the catharsis if they change her death to be something less brutal and painful.
>>
>>14015146
Don't you remember Vivi? They would just got with a realistic depiction of penetration, so Beatrix would die instantly. Penetration must not happen.
>>
>>14015153
What would you go with? It needs to be something suitable considering all the people she tortured and killed for her own pleasure. We also can't forget that its implied that she fucked with Lise as much as Axmann did, so she's responsible for that too.
>>
>>14015161
Compaction. Like what the Scarlet twins did to Christopher in the TE Anime.
>>
>>14014581
>Director-kun has gone on record as saying that he doesn't want to glamorize the stasi because real people were effected by them

That's interesting, I didn't know that. Do you have a link to the interview or anything where he said that?
>>
>>14015153
>>14015161
most people would be satisfy when Beatrix speak a few words about ideal etc etc, both charge in (Theo & Beatrix) & she get MAXIMUM PENETRATION through TSF cockpit.
provided they use poor darkening censorship style, might be just portray her coughing blood like fuck while those censor kicks in to her impacted body part only, not the head or upper body part.
a word or 2 by Beatrix after those would give a superb touch on that event as well. be it incomplete, or few hatred words before death is fine in general. not necessary follow LN as different medium; different presentation. generally.
no words after those impact still fine, as long as MAXIMUM PENETRATION delivered well.

or so i thought.
>>
File: 102623562.jpg (141KB, 453x560px) Image search: [Google]
102623562.jpg
141KB, 453x560px
So what is pic related about? Is it some alternate timeline or is it a prequel?

Blonde dude is obviously the brother that Iris executed. I wonder if Beatrix ratted them out to get more power in the stasi. She looks very manipulative and two faced in the photo, so maybe she acted friendly to Iris and her bro to dig up info on them and then ran to Axmann.
>>
>>14015231
You really hate Beatrix.

Not that I blame you, worst Mabu Rabu ever.

>>14015266
She probably bullied Irisdina. She looks like the type to be a jealous, playground bully, and Iris being better than her at anything would set her off. My guess is that she decided to go for Iris's brother to hurt Irisdina.
>>
File: IMG_20160319_161303.jpg (3MB, 5079x2267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_161303.jpg
3MB, 5079x2267px
Look what I got from the Kickstarter today.

Some other goodies, I'll post more later tonight.
>>
https://enty.jp/nullpodesu
So was that Muv-Luv game being made in UE4 cancelled? Because I can't find videos of it on youtube anymore and the dev page is asking for donations for a completely different game now.
>>
>>14015918
Too good to last.
>>
File: Beatrix.png (801KB, 745x1051px) Image search: [Google]
Beatrix.png
801KB, 745x1051px
>>14014744
>>14015231

Her death is played tragically in the LN, so they'll probably change it in the anime:

テオドールのMiG-23チボラシユカ改の握る短刀は、MiG-27アリゲートルの胸部装甲に突き立てられた。
確かな手応え──MiG-27アリゲートルは力を失ったように停止、動きを止める。
(やったのか……?)
呼吸は荒いままで落ち着かない。勝利の実感はない。
先の攻撃──おそらくはベアトリクスであればすでに見切っているだろう、アイリスディーナの得意とする急降下攻撃をあえて行うことでベアトリクスの隙を作り出し、そこに勝機を賭ける──ひとつ間違っていればこちらの致命傷になっていたに違いない。
だが、どうやら自分は賭けに勝ったらしい。MiG-27アリゲートルの姿を暫しばらく観察すると、テオドールは管制ユニットの背もたれに身体を預けた。全身の力が抜けていき、強化装備の体温調節機能が働いているにもかかわらず、大量の汗を流していたことに気付く。そのとき──。
『──貴様たちは、いずれ、知る……』
大破状態になったMiG-27アリゲートルから発せられる声──ベアトリクスが苦しげに咽むせながら言葉を紡つむいでいた。致命傷を負っているのは明らかだった。
『──己の理想の限界を……国家保安省シユタージによる統制のみが……私の理想こそが、人類の勝利をもたらすものだったと……』
テオドールは無言でそれを聞いていた。これが、アイリスディーナのライバルにして、自分たちを幾度となく窮きゆう地ちに陥れた「ヴェアヴォルフ」大隊指揮官、ベアトリクス・ブレーメの最後の言葉なのだ。
ベアトリクスは大きく息を吸い込み、掠かすれた声で続けた。
『──その結末を、ヴァルハラで楽しみに、見ているぞ……』
──その言葉を最後に、MiG-27アリゲートルからは何の言葉も発せられなくなった。MiG-27アリゲートルの全身から漏れ出す推進剤と潤滑油が、血のように流れ出し足下の瓦が礫れきの上に染しみを作っていた。
テオドールは気持ちを落ち着かせるよう深呼吸を繰り返した。そして、吐き捨てるように呟く。
「……社会主義は、宗教を否定しているんじゃ無なかったのかよ」
ベアトリクスは、叶えられなかった己の理想を、他の手段で叶えようとする者たちに譲ゆずったのかもしれない──呪のろいの言葉という形を取らせて。
テオドールは戦況ウィンドを再度確認。機体ステータスのチェックも同時に開始する。
(もう戦闘はできないな……)
計算していたより紙一重だった。ベアトリクスがアイリスディーナに拘っていなければ、やられていたのは自分だったかもしれない。
「……守られていたってことだよな」
ほんの僅かな時間ではあるが、激戦を潜くぐり抜ぬけてくれた機体に向けて感謝の言葉を呟く。
操縦桿ステイツクに巻き付けていたリボンを解き、その香りを嗅かぐ。しばらくしてから、テオドールは天を仰いだ。──全てが終わったのかもしれない。
ベアトリクス機撃墜──この事実はすぐさま他の「ヴェアヴォルフ」大隊の機体にも伝わったらしい。殆どの機体が降伏し、武装解除に応じていた。
彼等にとって、ベアトリクス・ブレーメという存在は精神的支柱だったのだろう。
テオドールは改めて撃破したMiG-27アリゲートルを見つめた。
傷だらけになりながら、なおも畏い怖ふを感じさせる深紅のシルエット。最後まで国家保安省シユタージのシステムを信しん奉ぽうし、それによる人類の救済を理想としていたベアトリクスに相応ふさわしい機体のように思えた。
ベアトリクスの最後の言葉が甦よみがえる──。
「……それは、こっちの台詞だ」
操縦桿ステイツクに巻き直したリィズのリボンを指先に絡める。
「……俺たちは、俺たちの理想を実現してみせる。この糞くそみたいな戦争を、少しでもマシにするために……俺と同じ悲劇を味わう人間を、ひとりでも減らすために……」
テオドールは、青空が次第に広がりつつあるベルリンの上空を見つめた。
「きっと、それが皆の願いだから……」
唐突に網膜に開くウィンド──顔面蒼白となったアネットだった。

There is no compaction, even if her MiG does kinda collapse in on itself.
>>
>>14015835
Wait what the fuck? The gift bags were sent out already?
>>
File: Farka.jpg (158KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Farka.jpg
158KB, 800x450px
Small shames.
>>
>>14016108
Really? Sheeeit, I didn't get anything. Maybe next week...
>>
>>14016197
Don't worry, I didn't get anything either.
maybe its because I live in new zealand
>>
So has anyone actually tried to fuck a Soldier Class in the vagina thing?
>>
File: Beatrix Angry.png (874KB, 780x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Beatrix Angry.png
874KB, 780x1092px
So many haters in this thread.
>>
File: beatrix.jpg (355KB, 658x930px) Image search: [Google]
beatrix.jpg
355KB, 658x930px
>>14016497
I'd penetrate her Oder-Neisse line, if you know what I mean.
>>
File: dVIuDYp.png (222KB, 460x427px) Image search: [Google]
dVIuDYp.png
222KB, 460x427px
>>14016396
>anyone actually tried to fuck a Soldier Class in the vagina thing
>>
File: IMG_20160319_204435.jpg (4MB, 4769x3373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_204435.jpg
4MB, 4769x3373px
>>14015835
>>14016108
>>14016250
>>14016197
Sorry guys, this is the C89 comiket stuff that comes with one of the tiers. I haven't received a gift bag yet either.
>>
>>14016396
Well you can't exactly get close to one without getting your head ripped off so probably not.
>>
>>14016610
But everything you've posted so far (patches, enamel valkyrie badge, pins etc) is in the giftbags aaaaaaaaahhhhhh
>>
>>14016626
I also got some stickers and postcards.

Also, it looks like the package was shipped from Torrance, CA, which is about a half hour drive from here.
>>
>>14016633
Right, just checked the forums, apparently this is the gift bag as I will not be getting Comiket 89 stuff. Instead I'll be getting Comiket 90 stuff.

So yeah, if you live near CA you should start getting the gift bags.
>>
Speaking of the gift bags, would it be possible to sew the patches on to say an outfit or something if I wanted to make a cosplay or would that fucking murder the patches?
>>
>>14016682
depends.
minimum sewing could retain the quality, but easily torn away without notice & you might lost those precious patches somewhere.
full attachment sewing was ok, but might unable to salvage out if anything happen.
it's boil down to the sewing skills, nevertheless.

talking about KGNE VN, does the first & second selection affect the ongoing story that much?
should able to roll faster with new TA installed, but somehow it crashed unexpectedly.
>>
File: PTSD goodie bag.jpg (179KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PTSD goodie bag.jpg
179KB, 768x1024px
>>14016610
>>14016633
>>14016626
>>14016682

I got my Yuuko gift bag today as well!

It arrived at my parents' place today, just got to get through 4 more shitty days of work before I can go back down to pick it up.
>>
File: 1456715973866.jpg (874KB, 1987x2965px) Image search: [Google]
1456715973866.jpg
874KB, 1987x2965px
>>14017025
ok I may sound like a total idiot but I don't remember ONCE giving a shipping address, and those all came with the 60$ donation right?
>>
>>14017652
>and those all came with the 60$ donation right?
No. It was included in the $300+ tiers, it's own specific $50 tier, and as an add-on.
>>
>>14016396
Sumika did it.
>>
File: mig 23 zwei.png (586KB, 854x483px) Image search: [Google]
mig 23 zwei.png
586KB, 854x483px
>makeshift TSF modifictions
>Mig23 using mig21 parts
>that engineer's madness

So they finally decide to use the vn's ost with vocals. ready for the hype next episode.
>>
>>14017025
wait wat the fuck, they are already sending the stuff?
>>
File: 1458504498696.jpg (309KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458504498696.jpg
309KB, 1280x720px
>>14019431
oh yes
>>
>>14019431
Yeah.
>>
>>14017652

You were suppose to fill out the backerkit survey with your address and which goodies you want if you got a particular tier
>>
>>14015965
Translate it.
>>
>>14017652
Pretty sure you'll have another chance the 29th.
>>
>>14015965
Wait I thought, Theo crushes her cockpit with his hands, was that just some lie from other guys to make appear
Theo more like an asshole?

Short what happends in the scene
- Theo stabs her MiG-27 through the chest armour and Beatrix MiG stops working
- he is relieved and thinks he killed her
- but then short moment later he hears Beatrix
talking about how she did all for the survival
of humanity blabla and that they will soon see that she was right afterwards silence so she is dead
- and Theo then talks about he only won by a hair breadth and about how they will
do in their own way way and without causing tragedy blabal.

might have misunderstood something and of course left stuff out
for a real translation you will have to wait
>>
>>14020876
It was just some compactionfag spreading misinformation.
>>
>>14010988
How is that movie anyway?
>>
File: 1443593221097.jpg (59KB, 480x619px) Image search: [Google]
1443593221097.jpg
59KB, 480x619px
>you will never have a BETA harem
>>
>>14021104
Decent fun.
>>
Sayori drew a new image, apparently.
>>
>>14020876
>- but then short moment later he hears Beatrix
>talking about how she did all for the survival
>of humanity blabla and that they will soon see that she was right afterwards silence so she is dead
>- and Theo then talks about he only won by a hair breadth and about how they will
>do in their own way way and without causing tragedy blabal.

And then turns out Beatrix was right and Theo almost destroys the world if it weren't for some pesky test pilots and their esper friends. And also the six million dollar man in a separate story.
>>
Anyone happen to have the full lyrics to the insert song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSRlmv5YnE
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-03-21 15.03.40.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-21 15.03.40.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14019431
Hype train at full fuckin' speed.
>>
>>14019431

The new head looks cool.
>>
I'm catching up with Schwarzesmarken right now, and I gotta ask, why is Erich Schmidt the coup d'etat bad guy? According to Wikipedia, the only notable Erich Schmidts were an archeologist and a historian ;_;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Schmidt_%28archaeologist%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Schmidt_%28historian%29
>>
>>14022297
Huh, I spoke too soon...it seems there was also an Erich Schmidt pilot who died during WWII and an Eric Schmidt soldier who was highly decorated in the Wehrmacht (also in WWII). Did they base Schwarzesmarken's Erich on the Wehrmacht guy? Or was it just some name they thought would be nondescriptly German?
>>
File: GODDAMNBEATO.jpg (327KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GODDAMNBEATO.jpg
327KB, 1280x720px
But the big question for the next episode is: Will Theodor finally beat level 3 with out getting stomped by BEATO?
>>
>>14023360
Theodore's MAXIMUM PENETRATION isn't just for show, anon.
>>
So I had watched the Muv Luv anime (I think there was only one so far?) and really really hated where the action of the opening went, but the rest of the show was luke-warm are the high notes. Anons seemed to say the show was shit compared to the comics. Had there been a new show release, or did the original get better?
>>
>>14023570
You should almost never bother with anime adaptions in any franchise.
>>
.... wait, what?
>>
.. welp, i do agree about it, just like Trabant.
>>
& farewell, Chichinaishi ;_;7
>>
>>14023623
Oh. Yeah I read comics for years and watch less and less anime each season. The monsters were the main thing to have me look at this. (The bloody girl pilot takedown early on really made me not want to watch the rest, yet I did.) I kinda' appreciate that the show got boring instead of shockvalue.
>>
>>14023765
You should read the visual novel of muv luv, not the manga.
>>
>>14023787
Er, *haven't read. Normie these days.
Visual novels aren't manga/doujin? More dialogue heavy, art heavy?
>>
>>14023821
It's scrolling text with background music and art.
Muv-luv is actually very animation heavy and well above your average VN in that regard, if not the best one presentation wise.
>>
>>14023831
Neeeat. Last question then: how're the fan service levels? Too much is a deal breaker
>>
File: 1446000236008.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446000236008.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>>14023839
Extra had a few scenes where the protagonist walks in on one of the girls changing and there's the infamous Eishi suits of course. Not saying there isn't any fan service but it felt so far and between that I can hardly recall them.
>>
>>14023839
The muvluv trilogy is bit conflicting in general. The first part and partially the second is a completely generic harem story but it is a necessary evil. Once you reach Alternative is when it gets very serious.
Overall there's minor fanservice, but it is not even close to the main focus.
>>
File: HEERESGRUPPEPOST.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
HEERESGRUPPEPOST.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
So apparently amiami just put these patches up for pre-ordering.

With some cheap stirchtarn uniform and the 666th squad patch from this could make for a nice cosply.
>>
>>14023765
better read trilogy VN first. you can be in touch with manga once completed trilogy VN.
>>
File: 3127608212.jpg (97KB, 611x459px) Image search: [Google]
3127608212.jpg
97KB, 611x459px
>>14023821
Visual novels are audiovisual stories. Videogames without gameplay.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510918163

Part 1+2 comes out late April or early May, the 3rd and best part comes out in August I think.

Muv Luv is the kind of story that benefits from knowing as little as possible about it beforehand, though. The existence of robots and aliens was actually a big reveal back when originally released.
>>
>>14023839
it depends what you classify as fan service, there are some pantshots and stuff and some nudity. there is usually a sex scene towards the end of each route although the steam releases (out later this year) will not have any nudity and i assume that the sex scene will be from the 360/PS3 release which is heavily censored (i haven't played the console releases so i dont know if the scenes are shorter as well as censored). in the end the fan service still takes up very little of the story compared to the total length of the VN

if you want to avoid as much fan service as you can i would recommend waiting for the steam release since it will be more or less worksafe
>>
File: Penetration.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Penetration.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14023525
If a minor character gets penetrated in detail, they better not censure Beatrix. I want to see some blood erupting from her mouth.
>>
>>14023919
>>14023927
>>14023959
>>14023968
Oh. I'm out then. Thanks
>>
>>14023979
Hard to imagine what sort of stories you're looking for if the stuff in the VNs is too much.
>>
>>14023988
Something not anime probably.
>>
>>14023988
It wasn't the described service, just the VN style. I pictured something different until the screenies showed up.
>>
>>14023997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCCreUdc9M just watch like the first two minutes if you want to see actual "gameplay"
>>
>>14022364
It was written by a guy who does WW2 novels for a living.
>>
>>14024782
But to be fair, Erich Schmidt is about as generic a german name as you can have.
The only more generic one would be Hans Mayer.
>>
File: 347238584394.jpg (215KB, 794x1110px) Image search: [Google]
347238584394.jpg
215KB, 794x1110px
>>
>>14023651
>>14023658
>>14023675

Goddammit, why did Best Girl have to buy it?
>>
Huh. Almost didn't notice this. Is this the only reference so far that in this timeline the Allies nuked Germany at the end of WW2? Berlin otherwise seems to look fine for a city that got 2 nukes dropped on it.

Come to think of it, wouldn't a nuked Berlin have changed the layout and territory of East/West Germany? I dunno if the Soviets would have been eager to occupy half of an irradiated Berlin.
>>
>>14026567
Contrary to popular belief, nukes don't create uninhabitable desert wastelands. Fat Man and Little Boy were low yield nuclear weapons detonated in the air; there was no lethal amount of background radiation post-detonation, minimal fallout, and radiation levels measurably hazardous to human life had cleared up after a few days.

The situation would've been worse if they had been detonated at ground level, as although the explosion itself would've been more contained it'd have dispersed irradiated debris and soil, but even then you'd have seen a return to normal background radiation levels after several weeks.

And then there's the fact that at the time this happened, few people in the world knew about the effects of nuclear weapons and fallout.
>>
Can anyone identify the tank model in pic related?
>>
>>14026819
The IR searchlight is on the right of the turret, so T-64.
>>
>>14026839
Er, left side of the turret.
>>
>>14026819

The view really brings out the frontal slimness of the MiG-series' heads. They look a lot larger in the typical 3/4 lineart profiles.
>>
File: Т-64БВ_1.jpg (4MB, 2618x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Т-64БВ_1.jpg
4MB, 2618x1750px
>>14026839
>>14026844
Thanks famiglia.

>tfw no 1/100
>>
>>14023977
> they better not censure Beatrix. I want to see some blood erupting from her mouth.
you & i heading the same train of that, anon.

>>14026565
she's living in GDR where Stasi lurking around, as well as their propaganda flying around like fuck. it's a shit place to be honest.
btw as a TSF pilot, she should know fortified suit was blunt impact resistance, not bulletproof. either false GDR propaganda of TSF recruit, or AK penetration power was too high for it to negate.
her role somehow was well vibrant, as the Commissar in Enemy at the Gates & i like it.

>>14026567
maybe she simply bring context of "japan get nuked" into Deutschland talk.
> GDR get nukes from soviet to fend BETA off
fucking slavs & their followers, now i know why Hitler hate slav, for real.

>>14026774
Japan was a flat wasteland due to their general materials of building, like woods. such factor was more than enough to amplify the worst about nuclear bomb. not to mention the nuclear aftermath as well.
of course to allow maximum damage; minimize contamination & minimize ammunition waste, shock wave theory & aerial detonation usually applied in nuclear bomb; as well as normal bomb.
but considering laser class BETA threat, crazy nuclear payload of soviet (generally high yield type, not to mention Tsar bomba) & the aftermath of nuclear detonation (radiation debris, etc), it's like Alternative V mark 1, with NO SURVIVORS.
>>
>>14026973
>maybe she simply bring context of "japan get nuked" into Deutschland talk.

No, it really was Berlin that got nuked in ML UL/Alt. Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't happen in the UL/Alt. timeline.
>>
>>14027041
huh, guess i have to dive in the trilogy VN again & search the timeline happenings.
guess it will take some time after complete KGNE VN.
>>
>>14027106
.. & considering West German surrounded by Berlin wall & mostly rely supplies from allies air drop, those West German girl still have enough nutrition to go around & keep their ass in good shape.
>>
>>14026565

Well, in fairness, we didn't see her die on screen despite the predicament that gut shot left her in, and this anime's already bent things a few ways as far as an adaptation is concerned.

The LN left Gretel's fate somewhat ambiguous as it was. Maybe they'll have her live here?
>>
>>14010988
does Schwarzesmarken have scene pilots wearing the sexy suits?
>>
>>14027417
noooooooooooooo, why would they have such a thing? That's indecent!
>>
File: The hopes & dreams.jpg (275KB, 639x719px) Image search: [Google]
The hopes & dreams.jpg
275KB, 639x719px
>>14027417
although not same as in pic, but there's one.
>>
File: 1410958841242.jpg (18KB, 285x274px) Image search: [Google]
1410958841242.jpg
18KB, 285x274px
So I don't watch/read this stuff, but I frequently fap to it.

Do they ever acknowledge how fucking impractically alluring the pilot suits are?
>>
File: MuvLuv_Alternative_196.png (687KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MuvLuv_Alternative_196.png
687KB, 1024x768px
>>14027723
Cadet suits are semi-transparent and it's stated that beyond small costs savings from not coloring the material, it's meant to make cadets get used to seeing other like so and get comfortable wearing them.

Other than that, not really. It's acknowledged they're very revealing, but not being impractical is part of the handwave for a purely stylistic choice (similar to why they use mecha instead of multi-legged tanks with jump jets). Since almost everyone presented in the various installments of the series is military personnel, they're all used to seeing armored suits, so nobody comments on it much.
>>
>>14027639
What am I looking at? Pre- and post-vacuum seal?
>>
>>14027812
>instead of multi-legged tanks with jump jets

That'd be even more impractical.
>>
File: 1339264806671.jpg (311KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1339264806671.jpg
311KB, 1920x1200px
>>14027967
The assumption is that they have the technology that allows them to build TSFs; making them humanoid robots is an stylistic choice, but an all-terrain platform capable of fielding high-caliber weapons is a combat role they have need of. I'd expect to see something like legged tanks with turbines.
>>
>>14027041
Is the source of this Typhoon official or from a doujin?
>>
>>14028135
Why tanks?
Why not helicopters?
>>
File: 20160322haruka_s.jpg (14KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
20160322haruka_s.jpg
14KB, 150x200px
I missed Haruka's birthday pic. Can anyone hook me up?
>>
>>14028209
Laser class. You still have to be able to mainly operate on ground.
>>
>>14028223
Really low flight.
>>
>>14028226
Why not just create tanks with jetboosters if you're mainly operating on ground/low altitude anyway?
>>
>>14028235
Because tanks are fucking lame and helicopters are the coolest pieces of military hardware. VTOLs, combining planes WITH choppers, are really damn cool.
>>
File: 20160322haruka.jpg (95KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
20160322haruka.jpg
95KB, 600x849px
>>14028220

Never mind. Found it.
>>
>>14028244
This entire topic is about a practical alternative to humanoid mechs, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1339283812912.jpg (1MB, 1700x2338px) Image search: [Google]
1339283812912.jpg
1MB, 1700x2338px
>>14028244
You require jets for instant acceleration, and needing to keep turbines constantly on to maintain flight in a vtol craft would drastically reduce uptime.
>>
>>14027812
>>14026819
That's one thing I don't get, though. I can understand why they have mechs in the setting, and I also understand that technology developed differently (i.e they have mechs while stuff like Game Boy Advances are wizardry to them), but I'm surprised they're still using the same tanks that existed during the time period IRL. You'd think some of the TSF development would have rubbed off on tanks and copters, too. While there's no way we'd have Bolos, wouldn't we be seeing some Guntank equivalents, or maybe AD Police style tanks?
>>
>>14028455
A tank's job is to mobilize a gun of about 105mm bore or whatever the term is and shootbang the enemy until it dies as a ground equivalent of a frigate or something. You're there to augment infantry movements with direct line of sight firepower, not grapple with rape monsters hand to hand.

The only way you could improve the design is splitting the treads into two tread-leg things so you can crawl and tiptoe around like a 4 legged spider or some shit. Otherwise the core design is fine and you're really not equipped to make it move any differently without just ending up with a TSF (gotta have an adequate powerplant to move the main gun assembly and the vehicle hardware that surrounds all of it and shit).
>>
>>14028481
How about replacing that main gun with autocannon, adding extra 12.7mms for better point defense in close quarters, stripping off most of the pointless armor, using those magical TSF actuators to make the turrets capable of traversing as fast as a TSF's arm can swing
>>
>>14028481
Correction:
105-120+ mm, caliber, and destroyer.

I'm losing my touch.

Also something something something make do with what you got. Honestly I'd have expected some wizard to have tried slapping a tank gun to a TSF and calling the resulting union a gunship.
>>
>>14028500

And how is it going to deal with anything larger than a Grappler?
>>
>>14028261
>jets for instant acceleration
Try rockets. Jets stall at low airspeed.
>>
>>14028507
>a single design has to be able to do everything
That sounds dangerously like F-35 talk to me

Seriously though, the answer is always combined arms.

I think though that if there is any TSF technology that should make its way into other military vehicles, it's the data sharing system. Nobody ever seems to think much about how valuable that can be.
>>
>>14028538

Any TSF design seems to be built along the lines of 'it can feasibly take out most BETA strains with the right application of weaponry.'

How's a bunch of piddly autocannons going to do that to a Fort-class?
>>
>>14028500
You spam tanks and volley fire things.

And pray that no one fucked with your request for CAS.
>>
File: 1339257796137.png (808KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
1339257796137.png
808KB, 1024x600px
>>14028500
Autocannon vehicles exist and are used, but MBT turrets have longer ranges and better capacity to deal with larger BETA strains.

Armor helps survive laser-class.

On a related note, the solution for close quarters is not being in close quarters. Tanks aren't meant to get within machinegun range of tank/soldier class BETA; in the case the formation gets caught, it's time to GTFO (good luck) and use reactive armor charges to hopefully blow away any small strains that manage to latch on.
>>
>>14028547
The problem is that TSFs while pretty adaptable thanks to being basically oversized infantry are not necessarily the most cost effective in each role.

SPAAGs will be cheaper for pumping out 35mm autocannon fire at smaller strains than the equivalent TSF output of 36mm chain gun fire. Tanks will be cheaper for pumping out 120mm volleys at larger strains than the equivalent TSF output of 120mm. Choppers are cheaper flying chain gun and missile delivery platforms than TSFs can ever be. And at the end of the day artillery nets the biggest kill counts.

The main role for TSFs is when you need to couple that with rocket-propelled mobility.
>>
>>14028571
>Armor helps survive laser-class
Unless you're a TSF and can therefore evade at the speed of rockets, or you're a battleship and therefore have enough armor to stop the Hulk, armor isn't going to do jack. A tank's best defense against lasers is its low profile and its lack of advanced electronics on board compared to a TSF.
>>
>>14028538
>That sounds dangerously like F-35 talk to me
multiroles have been a thing since the end of the second indochina war.
>>
>>14028596
Yes, but armor still helps against the small lux strain when there's gaps in cover, and protects against the soldier and warrior class.
>>
>>14028614
Tanks are already multirole. A tank gun can fire a wide variety of ammunition, and you can even mount rocket pods on the things.
>>
>>14028642
I mean, if you count "multirole" as being able to shoot a bunch of different munitions.
>>
>>14028652
There's multirole, and then there's design commonality.

If you wanted that out of tanks, check out MBT70/Kpz70. Though that's more comparable to Eurofighter before France bailed out and made their Rafale.
>>
>>14014651
Who the fuck cares if we hate Lise more than Axmann, fuck Lise.
>>
>>14027812
So basically it's to hazing for the new guys
>>
>>14028841
Basically
>>
File: Faraway Dawn.png (430KB, 1007x697px) Image search: [Google]
Faraway Dawn.png
430KB, 1007x697px
>>14028500
Play the game, you'll realise what capacity that stuff is already used in and how well it works (i.e. very well in specific situations, terrible otherwise).

>replacing that main gun
Why on earth would you do that, the main gun is super useful and in ML a tank is basically just a platform for it.
>>
>>14021104
Shit
>>
File: 1449604634771.jpg (56KB, 262x423px) Image search: [Google]
1449604634771.jpg
56KB, 262x423px
>>14028974
>Ayamine's face

Oh god, I remember laughing so much the first time I saw that.
>>
File: TheRealTSF.png (3MB, 5000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
TheRealTSF.png
3MB, 5000x4000px
is this the ideal Anti-BETA weapon?
>>
>>14029147
Definitely.
>>
>>14029147
Are the sneakers for stealth?
>>
>>14029163
sneakers only on the F22A. The F-4 has boots for more armor
>>
>>14027106
Just look at the timeline on the wiki.
>>
>>14028162

That's from Lunatic Dawn 2. Someone's been uploading high-res versions of the "missing books" - LD 2 and LD 6 so far.

You should be able to find it on ex.h or g.e-h.

>>14029147
You use quantum bullshit to pluck all the Landlions from SRW.

Then you use more quantum bullshit to give them shot lances.

Bam!
>>
File: 1446247968836.jpg (2MB, 2640x1485px) Image search: [Google]
1446247968836.jpg
2MB, 2640x1485px
Anyone know if there's anything different in the upcoming Shiranui kit? Besides having the equipment for all squadron roles.
>>
When the FUCK is Strike Frontier
>>
File: 1442676744664.jpg (20KB, 222x280px) Image search: [Google]
1442676744664.jpg
20KB, 222x280px
>>14028974

>Their Vaginas have "V's" over them
>And have a little design that looks like a vagina

Jesus. There's fanservice, and then there's MuvLuv
>>
File: 1450236221649.png (1MB, 932x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1450236221649.png
1MB, 932x1083px
>>
>>14030715
Try harder please. These memes have been beaten to death countless times can we get something new for once?
>>
File: mech_A10.png (192KB, 877x540px) Image search: [Google]
mech_A10.png
192KB, 877x540px
Where are the A-10s

I was promised A-10s
>>
File: 1354538407414.jpg (192KB, 952x705px) Image search: [Google]
1354538407414.jpg
192KB, 952x705px
>>14029147
Come on people we've long established what the ultimate anti-BETA weapon is.
>>
File: 1379264237569.png (26KB, 140x152px) Image search: [Google]
1379264237569.png
26KB, 140x152px
>>14030809

I'll stop commenting on it when it stops being so ridiculous bucko
>>
>>14031440
Looks fine to me. I'd wear it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-23+at+05.04.45).jpg (13KB, 394x82px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-23+at+05.04.45).jpg
13KB, 394x82px
>>
File: xm-x3-i-field.jpg (55KB, 343x400px) Image search: [Google]
xm-x3-i-field.jpg
55KB, 343x400px
>>14029147
>Build device to transcend franchises
>borrow pick related

war's over by christmas
>>
>>14032190
As if it's enough to end his misery.
>>
>We can't nuke because it'll poison our land with radiation
Isn't poisoning the land with heavy metals just as bad? I mean at least radioisotopes will decay after a few decades, on the other hand lead in the topsoil isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>14032911

Not sure if the toxicity of heavy metals was a known factor then but i guess the same can be said about radiation
>>
>>14029730
it only comes with the new weapons
you can buy 12 and form the entire valkyrie squad anon!
>>
>>14032212
You don't know how that thing works, do you?
>>
File: P1290198.jpg (375KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1290198.jpg
375KB, 1600x1200px
>>14032212
you know that thing overheats, right?
>>
>>14033060
It also works solely on mega-particle based weapons. Even particle beams from other settings would get through it no bother, never mind lasers.
>>
>>14032941
I'd rather get 5 1/144 Takemis and recreate the Operation Ouka team.

Which actually sounds pretty tempting considering the HLJ sale... but there are no 1/144 Support Assault Cannons; I'd have to make my own.
>>
File: TYKA04384_01.jpg (187KB, 550x852px) Image search: [Google]
TYKA04384_01.jpg
187KB, 550x852px
>>14034008
>I'd have to make my own.
I don't think you'll have to. You could always get the Shiranui Revoltech that's usually $16 USD and use the support rifle from that.
>>
>>14034055
I guess that's an option, but i'd need to find a cheap shiranui revo that then I wouldn't have a use for. Considering that the Assault Cannon is already two thirds of the piece I could conceivably cut one up and sculpt the sight and extended barrel with some plastic and putty.
>>
>http://stm.degica.com/muvluv-htc-event/
So apparently they are making a VR game
and your gonna fight BETA'S on Virtual reality

maybe this is why the TSF FOREFRONT never have news for a whole
>>
>>14034855
>Fighting BETA in VR
muh dick
>>
>>14034855
>fight BETA'S on Virtual reality
inb4 worst controls ever
>>
>>14034855
let me fight thousand BETA;s and a bunch of fortress class and have me play storm vanguard then im cool with this
>>
>>14034055
>Revoltech
Nope. Revoltechs are smaller than 1/144 plamo, gun won't be in scale.
>>
>>14034855
>not making Valgernon real
>>
>>14034855
They should make a Virtual On mod with VR support when the time comes.
>>
>>14035097
>Inb4 someone's kid relative becomes the first Jaguarandi

2spoopy
>>
File: IMG_0841.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0841.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>14034990
They don't look that out of scale.
>>
How German is Schwarzesmarken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30y0MQGOEVo

Japan loves Deutschland, and they went through the lengths to hire a German consultant.
>>
File: 10350959p.jpg (132KB, 729x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10350959p.jpg
132KB, 729x1200px
hey, the MiG-23 is out
>>
File: 10350959a10.jpg (183KB, 1056x956px) Image search: [Google]
10350959a10.jpg
183KB, 1056x956px
>>14037169
it seems to don't have that many seamlines as the MiG-21, especially on the legs
>>
>>14037169
Really sad. Kotobukiya really failed this line with no prepainted camouflage nor have decals provided.

At least the Su-37 came with decals.
>>
File: mla12_runner14.jpg (53KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
mla12_runner14.jpg
53KB, 800x467px
>>14037192
yeah, I think they should have included the camo decal sheet as they did with the terminator
sure, seems like a royal pain the ass, but at least this gives you the option to do so without going with the masking, which seems like a very roundabout method to pull off the camo

I guess the Mig-23 of Theo and an eventual MiG-27 will also lack them
>>
File: cheburashka.jpg (316KB, 699x527px) Image search: [Google]
cheburashka.jpg
316KB, 699x527px
>>14037150
Great! I learnt that MiG-23 and MiG-27 were based off kiddy characters.
>>
>>14037150
I saw that in the other ML thread, that's pretty nifty. I love the big dude's voice, I don't know why but I find a German accent so endearingly funny.
>>
File: 1448227666276.png (1MB, 2037x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1448227666276.png
1MB, 2037x1440px
Kickstarter update when?
Strike Frontier fucking when?
>>
>>14037784
SOON

maybe after the anime ends
>>
>>14037784
>tfw TDA 05 gets pushed back
fuck i just want to kow what happen already
its been 3 years already
>>
>>14037784
>>14038253

You can't have it both ways, guys. Either Strike Frontier comes out before this year is over or TDA 5 makes it early next year.

And depending on if SM nets Kookie enough to buy several new cars or not.
>>
File: ah.png (400KB, 1088x768px) Image search: [Google]
ah.png
400KB, 1088x768px
>>14038266
> next year.
goddamn it

i guess i just live it through it again painfully :_;
>>
>>14038304

>They're actually waiting for Wei Luxin to return to writing ever since his left the country to try orbital freefall diving

Does the guy have a twitter/blog we can check or something?
>>
>>14038335
i don't know

but do have his website

>http://d.hatena.ne.jp/luxin/
>>
File: 1446066395423.jpg (66KB, 292x509px) Image search: [Google]
1446066395423.jpg
66KB, 292x509px
>>14037784
>Kickstarter update when?

Probably next month

>Strike Frontier fucking when?

Never because IXTL and âge love to tease our dicks.
>>
>>14027958
yup, a seal for the boner's soul.
or you can say a package for BETA's delicacy, where they preserve the freshness & tenderness, for each BETA taste.
>>
File: TDA.jpg (47KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
TDA.jpg
47KB, 800x469px
>>14010988
man, TDA takeru is fucking outrageous as a pilot on that timeline.
>>
>>14038653
I haven't read TDA but whenever I see Takeru images I can't help but wonder were all the barbers killed off?
>>
File: Shirogane_Takeru.jpg (346KB, 1958x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Shirogane_Takeru.jpg
346KB, 1958x1382px
>>14038659
Nah, he was just too dead inside in TDA to care about his hair. Can't blame him really.
>>
>>14038660
I've mentioned this before, but I rather like him with long hair. I'd like to imagine he grows his hair out a little bit in one of the happier universes/timelines, maybe after settling down with whichever girl he chose.
>>
>>14036705
Well, considering the F-14 is 19.3m tall and the F-15 is 18m in muv-luv, it is quite a bit smaller than it ought to. I'd say it's around 1/155.
>>
>>14038766
That's the F-18 on the right, not the F-14.
>>
File: Typical_well-adjusted_eishi.png (1MB, 1958x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Typical_well-adjusted_eishi.png
1MB, 1958x1382px
A Japanese After Action Report of Sagiri saving the world in a Muv-Luv mod of a grand strategy game:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28496652

May God have mercy on all our souls.
>>
File: And it goes on forever.jpg (51KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
And it goes on forever.jpg
51KB, 800x469px
>>14038669
yeah, his pretty cool looking with the hair

yeah but TDA takeru is gonna be stuck on the loop till he reach the end like alternative takeru
>>
File: cats.jpg (49KB, 456x204px) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
49KB, 456x204px
>>14037784
SOON
>>
Update's up:
New site is up
Schwarzesmarken demo on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=651346103
Beta keys for Extra projected for Early April now.
>>
File: 1396527571456.jpg (195KB, 1106x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1396527571456.jpg
195KB, 1106x1600px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1518472
>>
>>14039222
Schwarz is getting a release?
neat
>>
>>14039222
>>14039229
Man seeing mub rub on Steam is so surreal. VN's on steam have been joked about for ages but big ones like this is just freaky
>>
>>14039261
They said in the update that first they're releasing this demo to gauge interest. If it's well received enough they're going to try and get a full localization going.
>>
>>14039269
Now will the demo be free or not ?
>>
>>14039286
Demo'll probably be free, it's a demo after all.
But yeah read >>14039229
for info on that
>"Unfortunately there isn't enough room in the budget for another full release. However, if we get a good performance on Greenlight and the demo is well received, we'll see what can be done!"
>>
>>
>>14039229
i wonder if at this rate were getting TDA localized too
>>
>>14039331
Isn't TDA part of the trilogy release?
Photon stuff and all other extras are in it at least.
>>
>>14039339
nope, TDA was part of chronicles
>>
>>14039339
We're getting the Trilogy, Photonmelodies and Photonflowers in terms of games.
>>
>>14039347
But chronicles is listed under the trilogy release?
All this extra stuff always confused the everliving fuck out of me
>>
File: 1449617625896.jpg (291KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
1449617625896.jpg
291KB, 1280x715px
They uploaded a preview of Schwarzesmarken's VN too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxCLSclB74
>>
>>
>>14039325
Is it possible to tame a BETA?
>>
>>14039229
I didn't upgrade my tier to $400 daki fuuuck.

That Sumika daki... and Ayamine...
>>
>>14039380
Serious question? It's unknown how intelligent they individually are, but unlikely since they're suicidally driven to obey their directives.
>>
>>14039229
>In addition, we are happy to announce that -- due to popular demand, we're implementing the Japanese text switching! We'd like to thank the fans for making this happen. This may be a good sign for all future games from âge-soft!
Nice. This was the main thing I was wanting that hadn't been confirmed yet.
>>
>>14023997
As people have been saying, Muv-Luv is weird. The art and character designs are cutesy and not at all what you would expect, but that is intentional. It adds to the story and you will get used to it.

There isn't THAT much violence. There are a few very violent scenes, but I have a weak stomach for violence and I could read Muv-Luv no problem. It's nothing compared to many movies.

The sex scenes are not terribly graphic and are plot-relevant. There isn't much fanservice. The pilot suits are uniforms. At first they're distracting, but with time you will just see them as equipment. There is more fanservice than I would like, but it is not overwhelming. The only sexual content that is overwhelming is definitely NOT fanservice. Even then, it is more heartbreaking than graphic.

You're missing out on a good story for stupid reasons.
>>
File: 1458544664944.jpg (88KB, 912x317px) Image search: [Google]
1458544664944.jpg
88KB, 912x317px
>>14039229
>Asu e no Houkou link
>mfw
>>
God, this is cute. I'm so glad I upgraded at the last minute.
>>
>>14039229
http://www.muvluv.moe/ damn, this looks pretty nice.
>>
I am kind of new to the official Muv Luv Kickstarter project. So what will be the differences between this one and Fuwanovel's fansub?
>>
File: spoiler.jpg (41KB, 388x337px) Image search: [Google]
spoiler.jpg
41KB, 388x337px
>>14040101
Very cute. She looks so happy.

>>14040116
I don't like it. It's too flashy and impractical. My machine is decent, but it's still laggy. It requires JS. It's needlessly hard to find information.

But the worst thing is that it's full of spoilers. Trying to hide the mecha and grimdark is probably impossible at this point, but they are even spoiling specific plot elements (like pic related). The player isn't even supposed to know Sumika exists in the Alternative universe. It's a pretty big reveal.
>>
>>14040133
Supposedly touched up translation, some new content from the console versions, redone English voice acting (with an option to switch it back to the original), option to switch between English and Japanese text, better support, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.
>>
>>14040140
I don't think it spoil too much and we already see Sumika on the cover of Alternative i believe.
The real spoil would be about the identity of the brain and what Alternative IV is really about.
>>
>>14040141
Some new art. Higher-resolution for Extra and Unlimited. Some side stories (AF, photon things, etc) will be translated.
>>
>>14040141
English voice acting would work well as Kouki wanted to address cultural differences with the foreign audience.

The Kickstarter Project really allowed fans to contribute to a great game company that isn't making much money but actually a great meaningful story that is a genuine contribution to the sub culture rather than just making copious money from half ass fanservice or robot merchandising as with the more mainstream franchises.
>>
>>14040154
It isn't exactly surprising that Sumika shows up in Alternative. Having the main Extra heroine vanish for the rest of the series would be strange. However, the exact way in which she shows up is a spoiler.

Which boxes have Sumika on them? The boxes for the PS3 and 360 don't have her on them.
>>
>>14040163
I already paid 4k to Mandarake to buy all the TSF figures 3 years ago, but second hand purchases don't contribute financially.
>>
>>14040163
>rather than just making copious money from half ass fanservice or robot merchandising as with the more mainstream franchises.
That's exactly what the Muv-Luv franchise has become. age hasn't made anything except money-grubbing spinoffs for ten years.

I loved Alternative. I think it's one of the best stories I've ever read. That's why I'm so disappointed that age sold out.
>>
>>14040171
>second hand purchases don't contribute financially.
Not directly, no, but they do encourage resellers to buy more merchandise.
>>
>>14040169
I believe the PC version have her on the cover but i am not really sure.
>>
>>14040174
It makes me wonder if Alternative being as good as it was was just a coincidence and all of the spinoffs is just trying to recreate that while at the same time milking it because they're too afraid to take the leap and try to make a new franchise / story.
>>
>>14040181
Maybe so. I can't find a picture of it to verify.

Regardless, people certainly didn't know that when they started Extra.
>>
>>14040174
Sold out? Everything age has done has always been connected to each other, either in the same setting or using characters from other works.

The UL/ALT setting is interesting enough to use to tell a variety of stories, and taking the latest example, Schwarzesmarken is a disconnected enough tale from the rest that you can consider it its own thing.

I mean, you might as well complain that Muv Luv Extra is a spin-off of KGNE.
>>
>>14040182
Alternative isn't a total fluke. KimiNozo was good. Muv-Luv and KimiNozo are the only good things age has made, though.

I believe some people left age after Alternative was done. In particular, I believe the writer for the PTSD arc left. If that is true, it would explain the drop in quality.
>>
>>14040204
Is it known who wrote that arc? Has he done other VNs since then?
>>
>>14040189
Maybe they haven't sold out. It seems that way to me, though. They are using the same branding, using the same universe, and playing up the grimdark violence and sexuality. I can see why you would disagree, though.

Still, they haven't made anything else close to as good as Alternative in the last ten years.
>>
>>14040209
I don't have any more information. I remember on /m/ saying that he left age and I remember looking him up, but I don't remember anything about him.
>>
I've already read the Fuwanovel release. I thought that the adult content was either unnecessary (normal H scenes) or so disturbing I almost couldn't read it (THAT scene). I am kind of dreading getting to THAT scene again in the official translation, so I'm tempted to read the All Ages official translation.

Has anyone here read the All Ages version? How does it hold up? Would the censorship ruin my experience?
>>
>>14040235
They're doing a hybrid release that is uncensored but without the sex, so you're good.

(sex can be patched back in)
>>
>>14040235
The censored version of Twizzlers is arguably better if you're in the camp that didn't like the direction the CGs of the original took, the censored version of Chomp is just covered by his hand but you can still kind of make out some details. Other than that I don't think anything is different aside from removed H scenes. At least in this version since console content and stuff is being re-added.
>>
>>14040245
The censored sex is what I'm worried about. Twizzlers was disturbing, but it was also important for characterization. I don't want to read a butchered version with no emotional impact. I just don't want nightmares.

Can you choose with more granularity than that, e.g. censor Twizzlers without removing the H-scenes?

>>14040246
By "better," what do you mean? How are the CGs different?
>>
>>14040271
Someone here can probably post console version (spoilered of course), I don't have it saved. It's just less... "sexual"? It's pretty much one CG with slight variation though.
>>
>>14040189
We still need a billion more perspectives of Operation Ouka. So far we've only got UN/Takeru and Soviet/Yuuya. Still at least need Yui's and Cereberus Battlion's. The question is, most of them would be text based articles which is what Muv-Luv focuses on. I would like more scenarios like TSFiA in action rather than mecha profiles in upcoming Lunatic Dawns.

Due to TSFiA ending few years back, there was no longer monthly dose of little bits to expand the Muv-Luv lore. However, they were busy with TE and Schwarzes VN.

Does anyone know how the Muv Alt and TE manga are going? Any original information aside from expanded coup de tat and railguns reported to have mass produced in small numbers post 2001?
>>
>>14040311
>We still need a billion more perspectives of Operation Ouka.

Not really when we know what went on.
>>
>>14040288
I believe I've seen that CG. I roughly know what the changes are.

I'm concerned with whether or not it WORKS. Does the censored version tell the story in a more palatable but still powerful manner, or does it water down the story and ruin its impact? What is the subjective impression of someone who has read the All Ages version?
>>
>>14040321
Probably something to ask when it's released and there are people who read the All ages version as their first time, unless there's anyone in this thread who read it as their first read.
>>
Are they just going to edit Fuwanovel's scripts and then add voice acting?
>>
>>14040355
We have talked about this ITT and there is detailed information on the Kickstarter page.
>>
>>14038818
>http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28496652

Unfortunately that mod only works with the JPN version of the game.
>>
>>14040382
What game is it?
>>
>>14040400
It is Hearts of Iron II a indepth strategy game about the second world war.
I have hundreds of hours in hoi3 its a pretty fun game, one time I made the USA join the AXIS powers.
This year they will release HOI4 im already looking forward to it.
>>
>>14040246
>>14040271
Twizzlers aren't cut out, just replaced with non-nude images (in fact, the Twizzlers meme CG is the one from the All-Ages edition). All normal sex scenes fade to black, so no quantum computer tech support unfortunately.
>>
>>14040945
I couldn't enjoy the tech support because of the scene that preceded it. I was on the verge of tears and my dick stayed shriveled for a good two days, so I wasn't in the right state of mind to appreciate a sweet and loving H scene.

I'll probably stick to the 18+ version, but I wish I could have a version with only Twizzlers edited. It sounds like the All Ages version is less painful and arguably better.
>>
>>14016197
Be thankful you actually got in on it at all; I'm STILL kicking myself! With ice cleats!

>>14037284
Historically the names never actually stuck (and I still haven't seen anything about the 27 EVER being called alligator); the titular name was more popularly applied to the An-172/174 and the MiG-27 (originally classified as a MiG-23 variant) is/was referred to as platypus for the flattened nose.
>>
File: Type 00C Takemikazuchi.png (394KB, 848x482px) Image search: [Google]
Type 00C Takemikazuchi.png
394KB, 848x482px
>>14010988
>that performance of the type 00C on TDA
>outperforming even the higher versions of it with just pure piloting skills and single handedly ripping BETA lines or even Rafale's
that was glorious
>>
>>14041237
The Muv Luv names didn't follow real life ones.
>>
>>14041798
Naming your mecha gives it more of a face.

Also, I thought the Aligatori name was solely to partner up with Cheburashka, since these two names "come" from the same series and modifications-wise the -23 and -27 are basically the same direct lineage a la Eagle and Strike Eagle.

I mean this is the same series that stops two steps short of calling the -31 the Firefox which exists as a name only in US fiction. The -25 Spirt-Voz at least had a basis in Soviet-side real life.

Some places also list one of the -27's nicknames the Krokodil, also shared with the -23, due to its squat landing gear (you know, alligator to crocodile, common misconceptions blah blah). That said, I've never actually seen anyone use Cheburashka with the -23.
>>
File: 1458963543984.jpg (122KB, 814x650px) Image search: [Google]
1458963543984.jpg
122KB, 814x650px
>>
How does Theo become an expert with his MiG-23 Custom so quickly after thousands of hours worth of muscle memory left over from a clunker like the -21?

Even A-01 with all their plot armor had to take some time to get accustomed to the handling differences when they switched to the Shiranui and then later to the Takemikazuchi.

And Yuuya spent a few days crashing into trees when he switched to a Fubuki from his favorite Strike Eagle.
>>
>>14043658
because it has his sister's mecha body and his senpai's head unit.
>>
>>14042450
literal god here
>>
>http://www.dmm.co.jp/netgame_s/muvluvsf-r/
Is this what I think it is?
>>
>>14044383
Fuck are you doing out of DP threads
>>
>>14044484
I don't see anything new
>>
>>14043658
Fubuki is a special kind of shitty that would require relearning how to pilot due to the complete ass backwards philosophy behind its design.

Cheb is just "do what 21 do, but do it more" in comparison. Plus historically I recall 23 being in ways crummier than the 21.
>>
File: Untitled.png (774KB, 913x403px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
774KB, 913x403px
>>14044491
Last time I checked the game page didn't have nipples on it.
>>
>>14044505
The R version did as far as I remember.
>>
>>14044509
I didn't know it existed, sorry.
>>
>>14044513
Nah, you just got me hopeful for a moment there. Jump aboard the Strike Frontier wait raft.
>>
>>14044501

Not just the philosophy but Yuuya switching from two machines built using entirely different design aspects. It's probably as disruptive as switching from the A-10 to a Type-94.

Although the -23 being crummier is just in maintenance and operational time. They couldn't take the abuse or the long-hauling that the -21 could stand up to and it was presumably so bad that it negated any performance advantages the -23 had over the -21 by virtue of being a total drain on logistical needs and time spent in the hangar for every moment spent flying outside.
>>
>>14045113
>Not just the philosophy but Yuuya switching from two machines built using entirely different design aspects. It's probably as disruptive as switching from the A-10 to a Type-94.

That's exactly what I said though.
>>
>>14045187
I kind of messed up in the wording. It was supposed to put more emphasis on Yuuya's sudden forced change in style.

The machines played a part too but Yuuya's habits on piloting had an equal share in how badly he was adapting to the Fubuki. And probably his grievances against Yui, but that's along with his habits, all under the blanket of "Yuuya issues".
>>
>>14041342
just give him a type 00A and he can probably do more hive raids
>>
>>14038803
I'm shocked you can see any difference.
>>
File: 004.jpg (309KB, 1513x566px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
309KB, 1513x566px
When the FUCK is Strike Frontier?
>>
>>14045419
the man knows his robots.
>>
>>14021104
Read the manga version instead.
>>
File: 1459096355498.jpg (314KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1459096355498.jpg
314KB, 1440x810px
LOL
>>
File: lurking TSF.png (1MB, 1536x926px) Image search: [Google]
lurking TSF.png
1MB, 1536x926px
>>14048856
> chichinaishi still alive
what the hell?

meanwhile DL the last episode for MAXIMUM PENETRATION
>>
>>14048856
ALWAYS BET ON COMMISSAR
>>
Char reference?
>>
How is it that Sanzigen can model an A-10 just for it to appear in the background of a couple of scenes in the final episode of Schwarzesmarken but Satellight couldn't be bothered to model the Super Tomcat for its front and center match against the Scarlet Twins in TE?
>>
>>14049076
When your company is built off of ex-Gonzo staff, you learn to go fucking batshit insane and do things because it's cool.
>>
in this time i should shout
KUNAIFU ATTACKU DEAAAAARU!
>>
WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE DOING THEODORE
>>
YES PICK DAT SWORD UP
>>
>>14049378
>>14049343
>>14049038
It can't be only me who finds it slightly nonsensical that with fifty tons worth of armor and hydraulics to throw around, they only attack with a comparatively dinky little knife instead of just smashing into each other.
>>
YES THEODORE TRY SPINNING TRICK LIKE SHEEVE DOES, IT WORKS ALL THE TIME
>>
aaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
FUCK YES THEODORE THIS TRICK NEVER GETS OLD
>>
DOUBLERU KUNAIFU ATTACKKU DEAAAAAAAAAAAAARU!
>>
MAXIMUM PENETRATION!
>>
Katia-chan was adorable to the very end.
I wonder what happened to her by the time Eurofront happens.
>>
.. umm what?
not MAXIMUM PENETRATION to the abdomen?

... ah well, i still give it a pass for this one.
>>
> chichinaishi still alive
wait what? & what the fuck with that short hair?
>>
>>14049468
Well seeing how in reality East and West didn't unite and forever remained antagonistic over the rebels fucking over Central Europe's defensive line. They had a deal with Beatrix and then the fucking rebels wanted to bail the entire country out. So most likely she dies miserably the next year and Theo ends up with CIA (he even had a line sort of foreshadowing becoming the Master in the anime).
>>
>>14049684
>he even had a line sort of foreshadowing becoming the Master in the anime).
Which one was that?
>>
>>14049586
HOW CAN ONE GIRL BE SO BEST
>>
>>14049586
Probably got burned off in the fire, or enough of it to justify shaving it all. That's what grew back after 3 months.
>>
All things considered SM anime was waaaay better than it had any business being.

Like holy shit does it dance circles around TE and offer a brighter outlook for other animated projects.
>>
>>14049874
Too bad the sales will manage to be worse than TE.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 108

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.