[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Between those two who overrall is a worse person and more villainous?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

File: 3930032141.jpg (109KB, 1493x480px) Image search: [Google]
3930032141.jpg
109KB, 1493x480px
Between those two who overrall is a worse person and more villainous?
>>
>>14006200
The only thing villainous about that pic is the fucking Code Geass reject on the left. Not saying IBO is a work of art, but jesus fuck that animation is disgusting. I'll never bring myself to watch 00 or Seed, or fucking anything from that lazy shit ass autistic looking era.
>>
>>14006200

Hell if I know, the show on the right isn't even half over. Funpost later.
>>
>>14006200
I like Shinn but ahahaha he looks like shit.
>>
File: muh_great_taste.png (115KB, 282x251px) Image search: [Google]
muh_great_taste.png
115KB, 282x251px
>>14006207
Because 0079 looked perfect and carefully crafted right? Not lazy at all.
>>
>>14006207
the cancer is real
>>
>>14006276
Never mentioned 0079. In fact what I had in mind as a good example would be 08th MS or Thunderbolt. Of course stuff from thirty years ago is going to look goofy at times, but I can at least appreciate the hand drawn aspect of it. I'm just saying the same shiny smug faced bullshit becomes tedious to look at.
>>
File: seed9ka.jpg (219KB, 744x1500px) Image search: [Google]
seed9ka.jpg
219KB, 744x1500px
>>14006290
Forgot pic.
>>
>>14006200
Shinn is a genuinely good person with anger issues surrounded by assholes pushing him over the edge.

Mika is just a psychopath.
>>
>>14006294
>The Vegeta hair
>The Giorno hair

Everytime.
>>
>>14006200
Shinn was just being manipulated so I'd say Mika. They're both faggots though.
>>
Shinn. Mika and Tekkadan have been terrorists for a long ass time they're just the worlds least interesting terrorists.
>>
>>14006290
Thunderbolt looks like hot garbage.
>>
>>14006294
Kek. The Nick Cage of anime.
>>
Shinn is worse.
Mikazuki doesn't constantly talk down to everyone and whine about how no one understands the deepest level of loss that he has endured, which is far worse than anyone in history and everyone who disagrees should just shut up.
>>
>>14006200
Both better than Kira
>>
File: Dusin.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dusin.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
This guy
He's the ultimate in "Stupid asshole who does evil shit just because he's ordered too"
>>
>>14008568
He only really does that to Cagalli because of his weird beef with Orb. Otherwise, he's just short tempered and full of it.
>>
>>14006200
Shinn, obviously. Mika may be sociopathic, but at least he had an *actual* reason to fight, rather than needing to constantly make up reasons and enemies in order to sperg out and kill people.
>>
One of them is just a member of a PMC

The other attempted to kill the son of God
>>
Mika is not under control to follow the rules they let him do his own killing action.
>>
Shinn, since he's a person.
>>
>>14008883
>The other attempted to kill the son of God
He did. Kira post-Freedom is a clone.
>>
File: hawaii.png (671KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hawaii.png
671KB, 1280x720px
>>14008594
And the last time he questioned his orders certainly worked out great for his entire team, didn't it?

I honestly don't get why people are so determined to make Dustin out as some kind of absolute monster. He was a dick, sure, but he had pretty legitimate reasons for acting the way he did.
>>
>>14009427
That sums up the UN forces' attitude in general, really. Decades of desperate struggle against an enemy that can effortlessly subvert anyone and everyone does a lot to reinforce a mindset of "better to amputate than to let the infection spread."

It's an extremely callous mindset, but it's the only reason the UN was able to survive all that time. Compartmentalization of information (which includes accepting orders without asking for the reasoning behind them) and a willingness to eliminate potentially compromised "allies" saved humanity.
>>
>>14009427
How did he question his orders in the first episode? He followed them, but got nuked anyways.
>>
>>14009559
Wasn't his hesitation to go full RoE Alpha partially responsible for the deaths in his squad? It's been a while since I saw that episode, but I seem to recall that happening.
>>
>>14009585
Nah, Rob noscoped I think two people really fast.

Mike got fucked up after trying to cut the infected arm off, but there really wasn't much time he could've done anything. He did promptly start firing on Rob after Rob shot at Ai. He put the FENRIR authorization in really shortly after that.

In one of the later episodes in the first half he has an internal dialog about how "even though he just follows orders, his comrades still die"
>>
>>14009607
Oh, okay. I guess it's time for me to rewatch Exodus again.

But in any case, the point stands that Dustin has had plenty of first-hand lessons in just how dangerous assimilated people can be. If you ask me, it makes perfect sense that he doesn't take chances with that shit. The way he acts isn't outright malicious, just pragmatic to a fault.
>>
>>14009624
>time to rewatch
BDs for s2 FUCKING WHEN?
Yeah, I don't blame him for acting how he did, but given how important "being human" is in the show, it's nearly impossible to respect him, especially since there are more open-minded people in the NUN
>>
>>14009649
Oh, I certainly wasn't trying to claim that he should be respected, because that's not the case at all. You're absolutely right about that. I just took issue with >>14008594 missing the entire point of his character and of the NUN as a whole.

And yes, the wait for the S2 BDs is the main reason I've gone this long without rewatching the series. It's starting to get on my nerves.
>>
>>14006200

Dunno about either but Shinn's attitude was far worse and made thinks difficult for him.

And his anger issues. I mean I know he could legally claim it was his right to attack Kira and Cagalli during 28 because they shot at them earlier, but seriously, he just helped your ship out, you are currently in a serious duel with another Gundam that's been giving you trouble, and you decide to shoot at Kira too? That's just fucking stupid. If Athrun didn't jump in Shinn would have gotten himself killed because while he was trying not to get disabled by Kira Auel would have gotten several easy shots at him.
>>
File: 07.jpg (950KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
950KB, 1280x960px
>>14012472
Shinn is bad Kira makes good
>>
>>14010554
Do you really think that Kira wouldn't have turned his guns on the Impulse (just like he was trying to do the entire episode?)

Shit, he shoots the gun out of an already disabled ZAKU (Rey's) while they're shooting at a ship trying to ram them down.
>>
>>14012819
seriously whos the glorious bastard that made these?
>>
>>14006290
08th ms has as much sameface as anything else in the 90s, you're just being a nostalgia fag
>>
>>14012856

Maybe eventually but why the hell would someone attract Kira's immediate attention when already are fighting a dangerous opponent and Kira's current attention was towards the other guys attacking. Unless you just have sucidal over confidence that you can fight everyone at the same time that is a poor tactical choice.
>>
>>14012952
Well, it doesn't help that the first time they showed up, it was to shoot out their main gun and to force them to fight a battle that they could have easily cleaned up in the first place, specifically because Archangel and Friends decided that the fight shouldn't happen in the first place and want to Cagaili to shout fruitlessly.

If Kira couldn't stop the Orb Fleet from being destroyed, then it's probably safe to say that he probably couldn't stop the Minerva from getting sunk, and even though he was there, it nearly did anyway.
Also, he isn't making any distinction between who is defending and who's attacking, it's just anyone with a weapon will get disabled
>>
>>14006200

Shinn is a good character in an awful sho.

Mika is aa 2D edge lord
>>
File: 1324236909318.jpg (174KB, 464x369px) Image search: [Google]
1324236909318.jpg
174KB, 464x369px
>>14012872

Dunno since they were pretty much relics from the late 2000s (?)
>>
>>14012983

Shin a good character? Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>14006224
>>14012472
>>14012983
Seriously fuck every last one of you and your shit taste.
>>
>>14012983
>Mika is aa 2D edge lord
How in the actual fuck is Shinn not an edge lord? God you shinn supporters really are delusional.
>>
>>14012993

So SRW doesn't exist?
>>
>>14013023
>SRW
>Canon
>>
>>14013023
I like the Asuka's portrayal in SRW too, and his voice actor is correct to say that is probably the best the character has ever been written, but at best it's "semi-canon", and ultimately not what happens in the show.

I like him more so than other characters in the show, like Kira, Athrun and especially Neo/Mwu, but looking back, Shinn's not a great character, and even before they decide to make him the villain, they seem completely confused on what direction they want this kid to go other than he-has-to-be-on-edge.

The idea that Shinn seems torn up about Athrun's betrayal is confusing because we rarely see them acting positively towards each other, in fact two episodes ago, Athrun just punched Shinn in the face, for basically doing what he was told to do.

Even when he becomes "the villian", there's nothing showing that he's maybe made the wrong decision, or why he feels that way, or that he's gone through some sort of terrible change/shift in character. He's just the badguy because ZAFT are the badguys now, and that's that.
There isn't any time spent on him during that time other than Rey telling him shit the audience already knows, and rather than jump into battle, ZAFT makes the decision of keeping it's strongest pilots on leashes, instead of having them attack the enemy head on, or shit, try to get behind and flank them.

I could go on, but you get the point. GSD has several bad, poorly written, and/or abandoned characters and Shinn is one of them.
>>
>>14013019
He wishes he was an edgelord. He's just a kicked puppy.
>>
File: 04.jpg (147KB, 320x398px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
147KB, 320x398px
>>14012988
They showed up here a couple years back and launched the minor "DOG ONLY FEED ON SHAME" meme. Though it faded almost as quick as it arose, I didn't save any of the images.
>>
>>14013023
>Using a fan-fic crossover game as an example.
I'll say that Shin is better than the rest of Destiny cast but using a fan-fic as an example is just plain idiocy and cheating in any discussion.
>>
>>14013099

He's not a great character by any means , but he's a well meaning misguided kid who isn't right. And he has an actual supporting cast, with Rey and Luna. He wants to fight bad people but he's torn in many directions.

Mika doesn't have any possible plot arc and he didn't really learn anything new.
>>
>>14012966

Again this isn't about whether Kira was hostile, but whether it was a smart idea to start shooting at him first when he already had other problems, causing him to need to fight two powerful enemies at the same time.

Which it wasn't. Shinn was just mad and tends to shoot at anyone he can that he doesn't like without thinking things through. You could tell he was thrilled he got the chance to legally start shooting at Cagalli.
>>
>>14013099

They did show him getting progressively more and more vicious and angry in battle (and having him psych himself up more and more by focusing on everything that was making him mad) that he's really unhinged towards the end. Best shown in 38 where he and Shinn are going at each other and Shinn looks just as crazy as the guy who was drugged up to be so.
>>
>>14013217
That's not saying anything. Focused or completely unhinged, Shinn usually goes into battles angry, and the series itself doesn't try to make any attempts of showing that the character is losing himself in his anger or what kind of effect this is having on him out of battle.
After the battle in one of those scenes you just described, we go him see and run and hug Lunamaria and they float around in space and chat a little.
Is this a guy that's become relaant for her emotional support?
Is this the face of a guy who can only become his true self in combat?
Is this a guy who is so angry at the world that it's tearing him up?

No, none of these themes are there, or shown. Shinn shouts at Destroy Gundam pilots and kills them with ease, and goes home to hug his girlfriend.

Shit, even when we show that Shinn's A Badguy Now Because He Attacked Athrun, someone the story is trying to convince us that Shinn had some respect for, he immediately gains a girlfriend in Lunamaria, because of loss, or something or other.

It's easy to try and read something into the scene after it happens, but if you actually look how it plays out, then you see that there's nothing there.

Shinn shouting and screaming at Athrun in their final battle isn't some big breakdown and conclusion of his character, it's just him chewing up the scenery, because they don't have anything important for him to say (or arguably do, since he's just here to make a fight scene and lose easily) other than YOU'RE A TRAITOR

Hell, they don't even go into why he thinks the Destiny Plan is such a good idea in the first place, he's just in it, because ZAFT is in it. After ZAFT loses, everyone just acts like they were hypnotized by Gilbert the whole time.
>>
>>14013474
Even the whole theme of "GILBERT'S JUST USING YOU" is, because in this series where all of the major (and mostly old characters) piloting characters have some other connection that makes them super special and important (Athrun is Patrick Zala's son, Meer as fake Lacus/political pawn), Shinn is just a good pilot. If Shinn just said no, or left, he'd just be replaced with another pilot of a certain skill level.

It doesn't help that they really don't have any relationship other than boss and goon. Outside of saving him from execution, Gilbert has just given the kid a new Gundam and a rank, and they rarely interact after that, and Shinn just does what he's always been doing, getting in mobile suits and blowing shit up.
You can try and call that wining and dining him, but I could easily point out that relationship in plenty of other series, where some authority figure gives the main character new stuff. The only difference here is that Gil's a shady badguy. He's not personally using Shinn anymore so than he's using everyone else under the levels of a character, like say Meer.

If there was a scene where we actually get Durandal trying to influence him to use his power "For good" or to make use of his fancy new FAITH badge, or to try and promise him that the Destiny Plan will make sure that there are no more kids like him, then yeah, we could do that. But there's none of that. Shinn's just an abandoned character, much like many other characters or plot points in this series.
>>
>>14013204
Freedom would have went after him regardless just for the sake of being around in the battlefield, which is something that has already happened already.

Even if he didn't shoot at them or not, this was a battle that was going to happen in the first place, and eventually Freedom would have trained it's guns on the ZAFT crew, like it actually did. Just because he protected them that one time wouldn't mean that he wouldn't turn shoot at them once they did something he didn't like, like shooting out their main cannon to end a battle that the EA/Orb started in the first place.

It's not the ZAFT crew's fault that you're asking them to follow the pace of another crew that really isn't on their side in the first place.
>>
>>14008875
She kinda deserved it though. Cagalli, and Orb as a whole, was pretentious as hell in Destiny.
>>
>>14012819
>>14012988
>>14013114

Are there anymore of these? Can you post them, please?
>>
>>14009427
It's because he's a hypocrite too.

The fact that he'll ignore ANYONE trying to tell him not to ROE Alpha people but then goes to extreme lengths to save Billy from ROE Alpha
>>
>>14013564
ORB has always been a pretentious nation that will abandon it's supposed ideals for the sake of it's own self-interests, even in first-SEED.

It really bugs me that Cagalli went to ZAFT and complained they were hiring former ORB engineers for their weapons development. Yeah, I know she's worried about it violating the peace treaty (not that the treaty didn't stop her from helping hide the now-illegal Freedom), but these were people who left ORB of their own free will because they thought ORB was BS, and she's trying to make them lose their jobs. These people left by their own choice, you didn't supply them to ZAFT princess.

Oh, and nice job complaining about ZAFT upgrading it's MS. I'm sure it's totally different from all your Murasame's.
>>
>>14015068
>Oh, and nice job complaining about ZAFT upgrading it's MS. I'm sure it's totally different from all your Murasame's.

It kind of is.

Orb made one upgraded MS, and otherwise left their military the same, even using old fashioned navel ships, while Zaft made several new MS models, a brand new ship, and 5 powerful Gundam's, which looks less like it's a last resort to protect their borders and more like they're getting ready to fight a new war.
>>
I like Shinn

Sue me
>>
>>14013474

Shinn is supposed to be hotblooded and angry in a teenage way, but he gets manipulated by Not-Char who tells him he's doing everything right.

>>14013517
>Even the whole theme of "GILBERT'S JUST USING YOU" is, because in this series where all of the major (and mostly old characters) piloting characters have some other connection that makes them super special and important (Athrun is Patrick Zala's son, Meer as fake Lacus/political pawn), Shinn is just a good pilot. If Shinn just said no, or left, he'd just be replaced with another pilot of a certain skill level.

That's why people liked him, though. He's not a special snowflake uber coordinator or princeling.
>>
File: 1324703840444.jpg (279KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
1324703840444.jpg
279KB, 500x800px
>>14014434
>>
>>14018797
> Kira's never an aggressor.

Bullshit. Even the Japanese think Kira was going around picking fights in Destiny.
>>
>>14006294
kek. Dio dearka
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.