[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this still one of the best Kamen Rider films to date?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16

Why is this still one of the best Kamen Rider films to date?
>>
The chracters interact with each other really well.
>>
Mainly because most of the other ones suck. This was pretty much the only Rider VS movie where they limited the participation of a bunch of voiceless stunt actors wearing the suits of all the previous Riders.
>>
>>14002033
Other than, you know, all the other Movie Wars other than W/Decade that did the exact same thing.
>>
>>14002070
No?
Wizard x Fourze had vocieless Neo-Heisei riders
Gaim x Wizard had all the Heisei Riders and were voiceless
Drive x Gaim again did it.
>>
>>14001999

Three great shows that go great together.
>>
>>14002182
I agree. The main characters really made the scene. If it was someone like Kouta, Takeru, and Haruto it would have been boring as fuck.
>>
File: BMX Bandit and Angel Summoner.webm (3MB, 496x280px) Image search: [Google]
BMX Bandit and Angel Summoner.webm
3MB, 496x280px
>>14002230

Hey now, Kouta and Shinnosuke were a ton of fun together in their movie.
>>
Sakamoto magic
>>
File: biff1955.png (400KB, 458x394px) Image search: [Google]
biff1955.png
400KB, 458x394px
They managed to bring back some old actors and actually tell a pair of fun action packed stories

Like, can you imagine if the same people who wrote and directed this made that movie where the Faiz guy and X came back?

As much as I like seeing Fujioka do stuff again my hopes for Rider 1 are low as hell because the spring movie team are a bunch of goobers

Winter Rider x Rider Movies> Summer Rider Solo Movies > V Cinema Spinoffs >>>>> Spring movies
>>
>>14004755
>Like, can you imagine if the same people who wrote and directed this made that movie where the Faiz guy and X came back?

I really liked parts of HvS when the RIders got to bounce off of each other in fun ways (X and Faiz, Shotaro and Kaito, any scene with Decade) but yeah the rest of it was ridiculous. If it could be as consistent as Megamax it would've been the best Rider crossover movie made.
>>
File: tumblr_msj4lc1XZK1qe2kh5o1_500.png (163KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msj4lc1XZK1qe2kh5o1_500.png
163KB, 500x281px
>>14001999
Agreed with >>14002182. Pretty much anything post-series Double is golden (yes, Movie War Core was a hot mess but fuck if the director's cut for "Message for Double" isn't the greatest thing ever) but having the character interactions throughout really made Megamax shine.

In fact the whole "Fourze Trilogy" is pretty great when you get the Director's Cut versions:
>Megamax expands action, story (Gentaro doing the fucking Stronger intro speech!), and Legend Seven/Aqua friend handshake
>Fourze Movie gets more gunplay, the expanded Zodiarts fight and sets up stuff that comes into play later in series
>Ultimatum - flawed with the slow-mo abuse but more Rider action, more of the truck chase, and more continuity bridging to W and the past movies

Also, anyone else sad that we will never get a final movie to resolve the Foundation X storyline? Because holy fuck, that was a such a wasted opportunity to create the new Shocker for the Heisei series.
Pic related.
>>
File: nadeshiko2.jpg (43KB, 622x469px) Image search: [Google]
nadeshiko2.jpg
43KB, 622x469px
Also, space gf from space
>>
I hated the Fourze section.
>>
>>14004815
Oops!
>>
>>14004605
The difference between that scene and the one in the OP is that the OP's scene had the characters bouncing off of each other well. This one just had them saying silly things and have anime reactions.
>>
File: 1422928782810.jpg (13KB, 228x238px) Image search: [Google]
1422928782810.jpg
13KB, 228x238px
>>14004755
The worst part about the spring movies is that they have the lest restraint due to not being directly tied to a show, yet shit the bed in story almost always. Most of the "twists" end up being LOL I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE BAD. The most egregious example being when Rider 1 and 2 pretended to work for Shocker for FORTY fucking years and caused a whole host of deaths.
>>
>>14004789
Toei will continue to use Shocker until both the old and new fanbases get completely sick of them or the old fanbase dies out, whichever comes first.

>>14004999
Shirakura is usually responsible for these messes. The only bright side here is that they progressively make less money.
>>
>>14004789
>>14005032
It's really a pity that Shocker gets resurrected by the umpteenth and even fucking Badan gets brought back and still nothing about Foundation X. I really loved the fact they used the gaia memories, cell medals and astro switches to bring back monsters that were already defeated and really wanted to see them getting things like jailbroken Lockseeds or even getting their own Sengoku drivers to create mook evil riders.
>>
File: 1340144141037.jpg (68KB, 630x370px) Image search: [Google]
1340144141037.jpg
68KB, 630x370px
>>14004605
>That scene where they try to get into the car and can't because their new forms are too bulky
>That scene where they are driving up the enemy fortress and Gaim is backseat driving like a motherfucker
>>
>>14005032
>Shirakura is usually responsible for these messes. The only bright side here is that they progressively make less money.
The issue here is that all Rider movies have been making less money lately. In the last two years, the spring movies have actually been the biggest Rider movies.
>>
What would you say are the best Kamen Rider films besides Megamax?

Off the top of my head I know Ryuki's movie, Ore Tanjou, A-Z and Drive X Gaim were pretty great
>>
>>14005207
>worst stuff is most successful
>>
>>14005207
Well that's just great. At the rate things are going they'll eventually be forced to do Sentai crossovers just to get big events (speaking of which, is Komura writing the Zyuohger version of the Zyuohger/Ghost crossover?).

>>14005235
Kamen Rider Faiz: Paradise Lost, although I'm not sure if the torrent scrubs are well-seeded.
>>
I just want people to stop pretending that Fourze was a good show.
>>
>>14005060

The thing to take away here is that we need Foundation X to come back.
>>
>>14005235
I personally liked the Hibiki one.
>>
>>14005235
Only acceptable Rider movies are God Speed Love, Paradise Lost, A to Z and Seven War Demons.
Rest is trash.
Haven't seen Drive movie yet.
>>
>>14005357
Save yourself and don't watch it. Its story is dumb as fuck and the directing is weird.
>>
>>14005357
Surprise Future gets points for actually managing to have a plot twist that wasn't spoiled months in advance in trailers, opening credits, and Televi-kun leaks. Other than that, it's an entertaining but weak movie.
>>
>>14005484

Yeah it has some good moments, but overall it's not anything to write home about.
>>
>>14002182
I disagree. That movie was the only time OOO was ever good, and all the interaction in that scene is really between W and Fourze. Eiji is just there with nothing to add.
>>
>>14005273
It was better than the show directly after it which made it seem better
>>
>>14001999
I thought it was cool since all three of them during that time had the same type of eye lenses for primary riders, will the next one in Wizard had the secondary rider, Beast to have the same type.
>>
>>14005518
So like Megamax then.
>>
>>14005273

Good? No.

But I had fun with it. It was carried by the character interactions, not the story. Even when it was airing I kept complaining that we had no idea what the Zodiarts goal was when the Greeed told us their mission in fucking episode 1.
>>
>>14007439
Nah, Megamax's action scenes were all pretty much golden.
>>
>>14005533
>That movie was the only time OOO was ever good
Leave.
>>
I will say that I thought Surprise Future was incredibly entertaining and I wish more of the Rider movies were like that.
>>
>>14007469
It was a lot of fun
>>
Every Rider movie bolstered slightly by the appearance of Renn Kiriyama
Legitimately he's the best thing in every movie he appears in
I hope he does a Kurata and appears as W when he's older, this run of coming back because he loves playing Shotaro is godly
>>
>>14007469
SUTAAAATO
YUAAAA
ENJIIIIIIIIIN
>>
It was the last movie that they actually tried gard in designing not one, not two, but 3 new riders. Poseidon, Aqua, and Nadesico actually look unique. Then there is also the two new forms for the protag riders which were okay. Even the final bad guy was designed based on an old toku villian.
>>
>>14005235
I'm partial to the X movie, Paradise Lost, God Speed Love, and all the W portions of crossovers along with A to Z.
>>
>>14007509
Old Man Shotaro would be hype as fuck
>>
I thought Kamen Rider War was entertaining and fanservicy in a good way

>Even in death, Kusaka is still a butt
>Haruto admitting that he was a faggot
>Jin being a badass old man
>Tsukasa being the Doctor
>Shotaro and Kaito period
>>
What interests me is Amazon Prime's press release said
>Story similar to American Comic Heroes

Which makes me wonder if they are going to take a more marvel cinematic universe approach to later rider movies, not just oh we all ended up in the same world now and misunderstandings
>>
>>14008458
>take a more marvel cinematic universe approach to later rider movies
The ones that Koichi Sakamoto did kinda have that feel.
>>
i think it was the magic of Sakamoto and Renn Kiriyama
>>
>>14001999

>Look kid, what's your deal?
>I'm going after the guys that made my friends cry!
>You...you are a really good guy!
>>
>>14005273
>>Not liking a show that was made to be as heartwarming and inspiring as possible to cheer up children and trick them into buying toys after the tsunami instead of swimming lessons
>>
File: 90.jpg (37KB, 422x318px) Image search: [Google]
90.jpg
37KB, 422x318px
>>14007509
Let's hope he doesn't get a new agency that keeps him from being in Rider
>>
>>14007465
no u
>>
>>14007509

Would be funnily coincidental considering what got him into wanting to be a toku actor was seeing Black on VHS as a kid.
>>
>>14011575

I've heard that some actors look down on toku but I genuinely think Toei needs to hire people who actually enjoy their roles like Renn as Shotaro. Not saying they should hire every bishie fanboy as a rider but at least hire someone who won't hate the business later like Masaki (but to be fair fujoshits probably gave him PTSD).
>>
>>14011575
Still waiting for my Black/Joker and RX/W duology, Toei. Stop doing shit crossovers and get it right for a change.
>>
>>14013136
The difference is Renn actually learned how to act first, he studied, he prepared himself for the role before he ever even auditioned. Seems like a lot of Riders are just grabbed from the ether.
>>
Going to get heat for this but which movie is the OP from??
>>
>>14013847
Movie War Megamax
>>
File: 1455772265251.jpg (265KB, 1024x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1455772265251.jpg
265KB, 1024x1446px
How bad do you expect this to be?
Bringing back a character most of the kids don't give a shit about played by a 70 year old man is going to be so embarrassing.
>>
>>14013652
Renn was also a bit older than the usual lead Heisei Rider - it's not a huge difference, but he was 24 in the beginning of W, while usually they're around 18 years old.
>>
>>14002117
>Neo-Heisei

What? What is this term?
>>
>>14002117
>Drive x Gaim again did it.
There were no past Riders in Drive x Gaim.

Wizard x Fourze and Gaim x Wizard had them, but Megamax did have the 7 suit-only Showa Riders (and they appeared for longer than the Heisei Riders in Fourze x Wizard or Gaim x Wizard).
>>
>>14016128
>but he was 24 in the beginning of W

Shit, really? Maybe it was the character he was playing but he seemed a lot younger. I would've guessed 19 or 20.
>>
>>14016135
Post decade riders
>>
File: did you miss me.jpg (276KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
did you miss me.jpg
276KB, 1280x720px
>>14007509
Him and Masahiro are cool dudes
>>
>>14007509
Renn so pretty.
>>
>>14020432
Kamen Rider W x Kamen Rider Decade x Kamen Rider Black RX The Movie: Hot damn we love playing these guys!
>>
>>14016120
Fujioka is co-writing it, so I expect it to at least be decent.
>>
>>14020717

I'd pay money to watch it.
>>
>>14021260
Toei won't do it because it's a good idea
>>
the best is Kamen Rider Faiz Paradise Lost
a fucking 13 minutes fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhPl84ah9-s
>>
File: 11sakamoto.jpg (22KB, 200x296px) Image search: [Google]
11sakamoto.jpg
22KB, 200x296px
>>14001999

This man is responsible for Mega Max and Ultimatum being two of the greatest Rider movies.
>>
>>14023866
I love this dude. He needs to come work on another Rider show.
>>
>>14023196
>Kamen Rider Faiz Paradise Lost
That movie sucked outside the fights
>>
>>14023196
>First part is Vietnamese sub
>Second part is English sub
What?
>>
>>14013619
So who would faint, Kotaro or Shotaro
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.