[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MOBILE SUIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
I just heard part of Unicorn's soundtrack through extreme vs and it's fucking amazing. Is the show as cool as the songs?
>>
>>13998078
if you don't mind the shitty contrived story that is standard of a Gundam show, then sure.
>>
>>13998091
I liked 0079 for the campy melodrama that it was.

I guess I'm a "meme watcher" or something.
>>
>>13998078
Animation and MS designs: Yes.
Story and characters: NO.
>>
>>13998108
The MS look rad as fuck, like super futuristic versions of the classics. Which is what they literally are in the story right?

What's so bad about it? I'm expecting a boring retread of every other gundam plot at worst
>>
I think the story's fine for the most part, give or take a few things. It is divisive around here for a reason though, it gets much more into the meta aspects of Gundam than the hard sci-fi realism, but if you liked that aspect of 0079 then I think you'll probably be okay with it.

Whatever the case with the story and what you might think of it though, it's a little more agreed upon generally that it has some of the greatest japanese mech battles ever animated The music's definitely great too.

It's not for everyone but I thought it was a fitting cap to the original UC storyline.
>>
>>13998121
The main complaints (not necessarily my own, though I do agree with some of them to some extent) are overly preachy story themes even for Gundam, an inconsequential plot in light of late UC, and Banagher being an uncompelling and overly powerful protagonist because of the Unicorn's special snowflake status.
>>
>>13998121
The first 3 episodes are fantastic, but then it all goes downhill, and I don't mean the newtype stuff which I liked.. It's mainly some really contrived situations the characters find themselves in where logic completely goes out the window and the writing keeps resorting to "feels" to distract you from thinking too much about its problems.

Also it has the worst developed antagonist in the entire franchise (You want to know who he is or where he comes from? Fuck you, that's where).
>>
>>13998078
It's Gundam SEED painted over with UC.

Mineva is bearable though compared to that person who must not be named.
>>
>>13998168
>You want to know who he is or where he comes from?

At the end of the day, does it matter? Was it a big part of the show? No.
Giving him a backstory would completely eradicate the entire point of his character, which probably went way over your autistic little fucking head.
>>
>>13998178
>At the end of the day, does it matter?
When you've spent 7 episodes and over 5 years building the mystery around his character then yes, it fucking does.

>Giving him a backstory would completely eradicate the entire point of his character
No, it wouldn't. If anything it would give context to how his goals differed from Char's despite carrying his image. Stop trying to defend shit writing.
>>
>>13998211
He was char with a mullet
Its just a plot device wrapped up in a 3x as fast coating anon, you dont need to think too hard about it
>>
>>13998078
In my opinion yes. Just don't watch the last episode, they go full fantasy retarded there.
>>
>>13998643
>watch first 6 episodes
>oops, better stop, some anon on the internet says things get dumb here
Does literally anyone do this?
>>
>>13998658
Watch at your own risk. ;)
>>
The music, animation, and mecha design are all top notch.

I don't understand the flack everyone gives the story. I think its actually a great story and really explores why the Federation was so against Zeon independence and the suppression of newtype existence and Zeon Deikun's theories.

Sadly, the over-all theme doesn't really jive with all the other Gundam plots, such as F91, but I still think its worth watching.
>>
>>13998078
OST is breddy gud. First 6-8 eps are breddy gud too. Then it goes to shit and never recovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0gRAvY2FPM
>>
>>14001143
> First 6-8 eps are breddy gud too.

It's a 7 episode OVA, anon....
>>
File: 3spoky.png (234KB, 358x302px) Image search: [Google]
3spoky.png
234KB, 358x302px
>>14001197
What if he's from the future and the new show already came out?
>>
>>14001197
Shit, you're right. First 4 eps are good, then shit hits the fan. This is what I get for being lazy and not reading the episode guides first before posting.
>>
>>14001215
the first 3 episodes and the grunt fight scene in 4 are good*
>>
File: 1328499099154.gif (460KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1328499099154.gif
460KB, 320x180px
>>14001223
Correct
>>
>>14001232
>blocks nemo or gm 2's beam saber with its hands effortlessly
>hands are immediately sliced up by gm 3's beam spear seconds later
Either they have no idea what consistency is or beam spears stronk.
>>
>>14001281
well they do show a beamsaber standing stuck to an ms like its a regular sword so its pretty iffy
>>
File: GM_beam_javelin.jpg (38KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
GM_beam_javelin.jpg
38KB, 800x600px
>>14001281
Beam Javelin, and yeah it's STRONK
>>
>>14001301
You'd think we'd see more of them. All we got otherwise in animated material was the Semi-Striker which lost to ninja Efreet's heat kunais. How the fuck do you lose to that?
>>
>>14001316
EXAM just kicked in, yo?
>>
>>14001316
Pole arm combat is very hard in a mobile suit.
>>
>>14001197
Oh, it's only 7 eps? Shit I'll just watch it then
>>
>>14002834
each episode is about 60 min to 90 min long.
https://youtu.be/ewoVW-gSRQo?t=70
also yes the soundtrack does inflict all kinds of feels.
>>
>>14001281
> Either they have no idea what consistency is or beam spears stronk.
there's some part of Gundam file info stated that Beam Javelin was much stronger than Beam Saber due to concentrated beam compared to lined beam.
>>
>>13998568
this is bad writing
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.