[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Quake 2 Mecha?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Jorg.png (204KB, 688x627px) Image search: [Google]
Jorg.png
204KB, 688x627px
>>
>>13995034
the mechanical stuff is
>>
Strogg are pretty /m/.

I Just wish they weren't all brown and gray.
>>
>>13995034
Yes, along with Quake 3, Quake 4, ET Quake Wars, and Quake Live
>>
File: Quake2_opengl.jpg (440KB, 1280x480px) Image search: [Google]
Quake2_opengl.jpg
440KB, 1280x480px
>>13995203
>ET Quake Wars
I keep forgetting that is a thing. To this day I've never played it.

>>13995054
If you were clever enough to play in OpenGL mode you'd discover that they are not. Why, they're all the colours of the rainbow.
>>
I had a Gundam model in Quake 3 way back when.

I think UT is more /m/ though.
>>
Quake 2 is unironically one of my favorite tech demos.

Too bad it keeps erasing my save data for whatever reason.
>>
I really want to play an oldschool bouncy shooter but I'm on Windows 10 so Quake 2 refuses to run.

Any ideas?
>>
File: 1447691302683.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1447691302683.gif
1MB, 350x272px
>>13998733
Try going to Properties->Advanced Options and change the compatibility of Quake 2 to Windows 98 (or 2000)
>>
>>13995034
What is that? ISIS robot?
>>
>>13998719

Underrated keks.

Kids today don't even know.
>>
>>13998743

Fuck you faggot. You know that shit almost never works.

>>13998733

Go buy a 50 dollar junker at a pawn shop and play it on that.
>>
I fucking loved Quake 2.

Remember the concept of Total Conversions?

Man, I feel so fucking old now.
>>
Quake 4

Yes or No?
>>
>>13999010
But seriously, it's this magical mix of fun and jank that I can't not smile at.

It's FUN.
>>
>>13998733
There's about a billion source ports out there. I wouldn't even know where to begin, but by default Win 10 won't be a problem with most of them.
>>
>>13998733
Virtual box,then
>>
i still have a friend who plays quake 2 religiously. seriously. he plays it with like 30 other people on the entire planet, mostly europoors. we were really into it in middle/high school, 98-2002ish? when mplayer/heat/gamespy were still around. he picked it up again recently and got me to play a few times. still just as fun strafe jumping around and trying to do superficial circle/strafe/double jumps around q2dm1. the community just isn't there, unfortunately.
>>
>>13998733

i'm sure if you went to tastyspleen there'd be some answers to getting q2 to work on w10.
>>
>>13998733
First, uninstall Windows 10.
Second, whether or not you're retarded enough to continue using Windows 10 you should get a modern version of Quake 2. Google up Q2 v3.24. Unlike some shitty source ports this doesn't change the gameplay or graphics in any way. It's just Quake 2 for modern systems. It also can play the music from ogg files instead of the CD.
>>
>>13999055
No. Gameplay wise it's not even slightly Quakey in single player and it makes no attempt to look anything like Quake 2. (Can't even get the fucking sky colour right, never mind the Strogg). In multi it's just a awkward Quake 3 clone with worse framerate. No reason to exist.
>>
>>14002191

What's so bad about 10?
>>
>>14002271
You're joking. How's this for a start: it can't play Quake 2. Even Windows 7, piece of shit that it is, can do that.
>>
>>14002382

You're going to need more than that to convince me.
>>
>>14002606
Like I give a toss about your poor decisions. If you don't give a toss about privacy, speed or compatibility then you deserve what you get.
>>
>>14002630

It sure seems to upset you.

Are you one of those GENTOO fags that's constantly trying to get stuff to work with your freeware and mad that other people are doing stuff without spending weeks trying to get it to work?
>>
>>14002673
Not him, but even from a non-freetard point-of-view, Windows 10 is definitely worse than 7 or 8. Extremely buggy at launch, constantly mining your data to sell you products and a lot of programs that worked perfectly for me in 7 BSOD in 10. That and the constant updates are more than enough reasons to just stick with 7 or 8. If you care about those reasons, then you should probably avoid Windows 10 with all your might. Otherwise, use it if you want, I don't care.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.