[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kamen Rider Back & Black RX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

So I just finished Black and just started RX and I'm a little confused. What happened to Kyoko and Katsumi after Kotaro defeated Gorgom? Why did they not return to Japan to be with Kotaro? Who is the family he's living with? When Kotaro Refers to Shunkichi as uncle is it literal? Or did they just hire him? WHAT HAPPENED TO ROAD SECTOR AND RYUSUKE? Why does Kotaro seem more childish in RX? Is he a literal child of the sun? Is the Kingstone granting him the RX form a metaphor for him becoming the Century King?

Why does watching RX after Black feel reminiscent to watching ZZ right after Zeta?

Am I reading too much into this kids show?
>>
>What happened to Kyoko and Katsumi after Kotaro defeated Gorgom?
They live in the States.

>Why did they not return to Japan to be with Kotaro?
Production reason. Characters change reason. Bugman can't love reason. Killer of my boyfriend/brother reason. You lied to us reason.

>Who is the family he's living with?
The family who picked him up while he was a wet puppy on the street.

>When Kotaro Refers to Shunkichi as uncle is it literal?
Not related.

>WHAT HAPPENED TO ROAD SECTOR AND RYUSUKE?
Trash can.

>Why does Kotaro seem more childish in RX?
Production change. Staff change. Writer change.

>Is he a literal child of the sun?
No, but his Kingstone might be.

>Is the Kingstone granting him the RX form a metaphor for him becoming the Century King?
No. A totally different thing. He just "evovled" with the stone.
>>
>>13993507
>Why does watching RX after Black feel reminiscent to watching ZZ right after Zeta?
Watching retooled sequels always feels like that.

>Am I reading too much into this kids show?
Yes.
>>
>>13993507
Look at this way. In Black Kotaro lost everything. In Black RX he found happiness with folks that accept him and a girlfriend.
>>
>>13993538
They actually believe Kotaro died.
>>
>>13995471
>In Black RX he found happiness with folks that accept him and a girlfriend.

And then they all die again.
>>
I think RX is a better costume aside from the neck and back of head. If feels like the chest has to turn with the head
>>
>>13996456
Sounds like the second half of Ultraman Leo.
>>
>>13993507
> What happened to Kyoko and Katsumi after Kotaro defeated Gorgom?
They went to the states and didnt get back because reasons.

>Who is the family he's living with?
the family of his boss

>WHAT HAPPENED TO ROAD SECTOR AND RYUSUKE?
Road Sector was cucked by Acrobatter(who, when Battle Hopper was cucked by Road Sector).

The actual answer is inconsistent writing. I personally like to think he got over his brother's death and is now just happier as a person.

> Is he a literal child of the sun?
No, he gets his power from there.

> Is the Kingstone granting him the RX form a metaphor for him becoming the Century King?
nah

>Am I reading too much into this kids show?
It-s the usual problem with rider critics, but not in this case, your complaints/questions make sense.

Be warned, Black RX is inconsistent as fuck. It introduces many potentially good plots and elements and then drops them for no reason. Shigeru's development is the only consistent thing in Black RX.

That said
RX shadowmoon>>>SD shadowmoon>>>Black Shadowmoon
>>
>>13993507
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKLYBLiBOOs
>>
File: IMG_6148.jpg (79KB, 460x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6148.jpg
79KB, 460x335px
>>13993507
>Kamen rider back & Black
>>
File: 1411867026356.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1411867026356.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>
Black is pure showa but RX is part-heisei, you see.
>>
>>13999255
What's funnier is that the calendar switches over while the series is airing, and four episodes into Heisei he starts getting alternate forms.
>>
>>13999255
Most of the designs, plot and a good quarter of the episodes were all done during the Showa era. The show is very much a product of the Showa era.
>>
>Back in Black RX
>>
File: Golgom.webm (612KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Golgom.webm
612KB, 640x480px
>>13999190
>>
Note that its' been in series like 5 years since Black, so Kotaro has had years to put all the stuff in Black behind him and move on. Even then, he gets tense and reverts to his Black attitude when he gets reminded of Shadow Moon and such.

As for Road Sector he probably sold it or scrapped it or gave it back to the guy that built it (did he die? I don't remember). He hadn't transformed into Black in years so he didn't need it anymore.
>>
>>13993507
I-I-I like RX better than Black..
>>
>>14003643
It's slightly more consistent than Black. Black starts off dark for like nine episodes then goes straight to goofy Golgom plots, RX stays at that light tone throughout and has much better villains. Not to mention much more varied and entertaining fight choreography.
>>
So, what are the odds of the actor that plays Kotaro be getting a Super Hero Movie and achieving a new form from Black and RX?
>>
Whatever happened to the two guys that invested in Golgom and created that political party?
>>
>>14003715
>It's slightly more consistent than Black
>Black RX
>more consistent than anything
Nigga, what about the demon world?
Why doesnt RoboRider make a finisher anymore?
Did the Crisis leader ever find a substitute for his daughter(or whateer that girl was)?
Where did that girl with psychic powers get hers from?
What did she bring into the plot?
Add these to the OPs questions.

It's probably one of the less consistent rider shows. Even some of the worst of the Heisei era have some sort of clue to where they should go.
>>
>>13993507

Read the Black manga to get your answers.
>>
File: golgom.jpg (52KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
golgom.jpg
52KB, 300x226px
>>
File: 1257552631617.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1257552631617.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>14006667
>>
Don't be shocked by the upcoming child nudity in RX, OP.
>>
>>14003895

Never. The old riders are too iconic to get upgrades. That's why Kamen Rider-1 still looks like a guy in a track suit with a hilariously fake looking foam chestplate and helmet. It's part of the charm.

That being said Kotaro's actor did show up for one of the recent crossover movies. He started off turning into Black, but later upgraded to RX.
>>
>>14010543
>The old riders are too iconic to get upgrades. That's why Kamen Rider-1 still looks like a guy in a track suit with a hilariously fake looking foam chestplate and helmet.
Where have you been, m8?
>>
>>13993507
My theory is that the solar radiation he was exposed to and ended up upgrading him from Black to Black RX, also ended up frying his brain.
>>
>>14013592

What the fuck is that. What have they done.
>>
>>14016674
Fujioka requested and designed an upgrade
>>
WAKE UP
>>
>>14016693
>designed an upgrade
So that's where the 12-pack comes from
>>
File: 448661793i.jpg (28KB, 528x400px) Image search: [Google]
448661793i.jpg
28KB, 528x400px
>20th century is long long ago
>>
>>14017377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ8ZdgDIGoY
>>
I'm honestly worried about the new movie. It really looks like old Kamen Rider-1 is gonna get offed by the end.
>>
>>14017982

If they do maybe they can finally fucking retire Shocker once and for all and let Foundation X take over.
>>
File: 1344510849442.jpg (364KB, 1100x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1344510849442.jpg
364KB, 1100x1300px
>>
>>14016693
Hang about, what is the source for this? I'm not going to beleive this without proper sauce.
>>
File: 1452510786141.gif (2MB, 248x184px) Image search: [Google]
1452510786141.gif
2MB, 248x184px
>>14021811
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.