[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /m/ feel about FLCL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: Canti_Naota.jpg (82KB, 1022x768px) Image search: [Google]
Canti_Naota.jpg
82KB, 1022x768px
I thought the anime was very good (haven't yet got around to reading the manga) , albeit short.
Any thoughts about how they could've made it better?
>>
The anime and its soundtrack are elder god tier.
I haven't read the manga, but I've heard very mixed things from other fans of the anime.
I honestly can't think of anything that could have improved it except making it longer while keeping everything at the same level of awesome as what we got.
>>
File: TOY-RBT-2278_02.jpg (54KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-2278_02.jpg
54KB, 533x800px
>>13989409
i havent seen it in ages but canti is such a great design, both red and teal versions
>>
>>13989409
Bump
>>
>>13989428
Length was fine. It was a hectic show that gives us flashes of his life and it did that well.

Also no need to bump, /m/ is slow as hell. If it falls off the first page and never comes back up then that's fate.
>>
>>13989733
OP asked how it could have been improved, and I think the only way that could have been done would be to somehow make more of it without bringing the quality down anywhere.
It's a 10/10 show in my book, I don't think it needs to be longer, but having more would be cool.
Am I explaining myself well enough?
>>
I loved the anime alot, music was top notch. Sometimes less is more and I think that is entirely the case with FLCL.
>>
I could go on for hours being a gigantic faggot about FLCL.
I'll just say that its soundtrack + constant animator namedropping + great blending of form and matter (muh sexual metaphors, muh visual narration) + visual comedy + succeeding in being a transitions towards the next millennium = patrician tastes.
>>
>>13992755
Dunno, I thought it was good as it was. But I see what you mean.
>>
10/10 show

People complain about the length but being able to watch it all the way through whenever is nice
>>
File: 1455170373316.png (651KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1455170373316.png
651KB, 1920x1200px
I can not express enough love for FLCL. All of the female roles in that anime has been 'batin material since I was I wee lad. I could only hope they make a full length film redoing the last episode
>>
Way too many penis metaphors for me.
>>
>>13997755
I understand each of those words individually, but they make no sense when put in that order.
>>
>>13998056
in the work FLCL there are lots of allusions to phalli
>>
I just don't get why it is considered such a masterpiece. It is just the usual Gainax drek. I guess getting played a million times on Adult Swim made it stick around, kinda like a forced meme.
>>
I genuinely hate it and couldn't even finish the 4-5 episodes.
>>
FLCL:

this show made us pay attention to Gainax. and, it defined who Trigger would be when the split came.

it made cake dangerous

it offered a ton of killer jokes, to the japanese.

amazing Soundtrack

unique character writing, though we've gotten better since.

FLCL should be a standard more anime aspire to (short, easy to digest series w a lot of cool experimentation)
>>
>>13998986
>>this show made us pay attention to Gainax

Sorry, but Gunbuster, Nadia, and Evanfuckingellion made us pay attention to Gainax. And even before that the Daicon animations got proto-Gainax tons of attention.
>>
>>13999163
and wings of mayonnaise
>>
>>13998986
Trigger is pretty mediocre. LWA and Inferno Cop were alright and, although I dislike it personally, Kill la Shill wasn't terrible (not what I'd consider good but not a commercial flop). Otherwise what have they done that turned out well?
>>
>>13999163
>Nadia
Kek
>>
>>13999245
Besides the island and Africa parts it was top tier.
>>
>>13998056
The head portal things were a metaphor for penis. Naota can pass huge objects through his head portal, which means he has a huge penis. The brown girl gets a nosebleed when she sees him passing something big, which is supposed to mean that she's getting aroused from seeing a huge dick. Amarao can only pass tiny objects through his head portal and is humiliated and ridiculed by Haruko because of it, like he has a small penis.
Eyebrows? Penis. Amarao has tiny eyebrows and wears the huge fake ones to compensate, which makes him feel more manly.
The whole swinging the bat thing, I don't think it needs explaining.
I think there was more, I don't remember. It's been like ten years since I've watched this.
>>
>>13999233
Sex and Violence with Machspeed
>>
>>13999312
welp, 'swing' word was like a pottery to begin with.
adding 'bat' was like double up the pottery.
>>
>>13989409
I can kind of see why people like it, like with Gunbuster, but it doesn't do it for me. It fell very flat, despite its nice animation. Like almost all older Gainax shows and like ever Trigger show now, at least for me.
>>
Boy I can't wait for that reboot
>>
>>13998519
>>13999312
I was making a joke about how can you have too many dick metaphors/jokes you fucking knobs.
>>
>>14000441
Oh.

Maybe next time you should just say "I'm a huge faggot and I really love dicks".
>>
>>14000450

>not loving dicks

Get a load of this pleb.
>>
>>14000450
>conflating liking dick jokes and metophors with being gay.
You have some issues bro.
>>
>>14000085
Even if it's a 9/10 show it's going to catch so much shit.
>>
>>14000085
what?
>>
Flcl was the third anime I saw, the first to really open my mind to how great anime can be, and, many many anime later, is still in my top 5
>>
>>13997755
>not liking penises
What are you, a faggot ?
>>
File: FLCL.jpg (31KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
FLCL.jpg
31KB, 500x509px
>>13989409
I thought it was one of Gainax's greatest animes. The story is the token "growing-up" trope, yet they don't make Naota annoying and incompetent like Shinji, while making it clear that he grows up during the duration of the series. Also, The fights are animated well and look beautiful and the series has stunning music, and interesting characters. All in all, I thought it was good the way it was and making it go on any longer than it did would ruin the novelty of the anime.
Also, Haruko a qt
>>
>>14005124
Wouldn't that make him a faggot?
>>
File: Shinji2.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji2.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>14007822
>incompetent like Shinji
>>
>>14005124
Depends. How big are the penises in question and how much of a trap is the boy in question?
>>
>>14014800
5 dollar footlongs and total traps
>>
It was a streaming pile with a shit half-baked story, lackluster theming, wasteful and reluctant world building, stock or else putridly characterized characters, and a head shoved way up it's own ass.
Amazing soundtrack though. I also loved how they tried so many different things with animation, I think there was at least one cool thing per episode.
>>
>>14010489
Shinji was literally the most competent of the 3 pilots, even discounting his special mom powers.
>>
>>14010489
This whole episode is the tightest shit. I'm glad they put much more budget into this than Ramiel's couple of eps, because unlike those, it actually came out looking on par, if not better, than the Rebuilds.
>>
>>14010489
>that smoke
holy fucking shit that looks good
>>
>>14022248
/debris clouds
>>
>>14010489
I bet he fucks like a lion
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.