[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Char's Counterattack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (53KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 294x294px
>tfw you finally "get" Char's Counterattack and realize that it is an underrated masterpiece of the Gundam franchise
It makes sense if you ignore the trash heap known as Zeta Gundam
>>
it makes sense even with Zeta
>>
>tfw you finally "get" /m/ and realize that it is an underrated masterpiece of the 4chan imageboard

It makes sense if you ignore the trash heap known as Gundam threads
>>
>>13983900
What a shame too.
>>13983879
Hello I'm happy to inform you that while you aren't very popular, you will meet a small, annoyingly vocal minority of our board population who will have lots of fun shitting up our board with Zeta Gundam hate spam. Enjoy your new best friends.
>>
>>13983879

It's nice that the OP implies if you don't think it's an underrated gem you just haven't truly "got" it yet. I got it. It's still just okay.
>>
>>13983879
Whether or not you "get" it doesn't really change that it's a rushed mess during the second half. Do love that ending though.
>>
>>13983879
What's wrong with Zeta? I started watching the compilation movies today and it seems fun.
>>
>>13983879
>if you ignore the trash heap known as Zeta Gundam
You started so well.Why did you have to ruin it?
>>
English blu ray when?
>>
It's a solid 7/10, Zeta haters need not apply
>>
>>13984240

Nothing, Zeta is great. However, because it's great, it's also popular, and popularity makes certain autists with hipster-ish tendencies convince themselves that it's bad. Kamille is based as fuck and the Mk. 2 and Zeta are awesome, the only flaw is that the Mk. 2 didn't stay in Titan colors long.
>>
>>13983879

>the you finally "get" shitposting
>>
File: 1419885909614.jpg (84KB, 800x623px) Image search: [Google]
1419885909614.jpg
84KB, 800x623px
Ahem..
>>
>>13984240
You should really watch the TV series.

Anyway there's a large group of people who barely paid attention to Zeta and think Quattro is how Char really is causing them to freak out when he's back to how he was like in 079 even though one of the final episodes of Zeta Haman totally calls him out for just bullshitting everyone to push his agenda while he's standing on a freaking stage with two shadows behind him.
>>
>>13984305
>Nothing, Zeta is great.
Hahahahaha no

>popularity makes certain autists with hipster-ish tendencies convince themselves that it's bad
>Y-You just hate it because it's p-p-popular!
Everytime
>>
>>13983879
>It makes sense if you ignore the trash heap known as ZZ Gundam

fify
CCA makes no sense whatsoever without Zeta. Char is directionless after getting his revenge on the Zabi's. He didn't care for Haman's Neo-Zeon because it was basically the same thing- a bunch of self-important spacenoids using his father's name and ideals for their own gains.

He joined the AEUG to try to make a difference, to do something meaningful. The Titans were just as bad as the Zeon, he recognized that. He also recognized that the Federation itself was inept and corrupt giving rise to organizations like the Titans.

CCA was him throwing up his hands and saying "fuck it this shit aint working".

I guess he figured slamming an asteroid or two into Earth would do a better job of getting people's attention than his speech at Dakkar.
>>
>>13984543
>Hahahahaha no
Not an argument.
>>
Zeta and CCA make a bretty gud shitposting combo, I have to say
>>
>>13984572
The show itself is an argument, if you watch it you realize it's complete shit
>>
>>13983879

CCA only thematically makes sense with Zeta though. Char's actions make no sense unless you see the shit show that was the Gryps wars.

>>13984564

I'm always surprised how people can't get this.
>>
Weak bait.
You have to watch Zeta to understand why Char became a dictator.
>>
>>13984564
>It makes sense if you ignore the trash heap known as ZZ Gundam

But ZZ ended with the Earth Federation being even more inept which was why Judau wanted to fuck off to Jupiter.
>>
I think Gundam is a pretty cool guy. Eh kils Zakoohs and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>13984646
And was promptly forgotten afterwards
>>
>>13984543
This guy is exactly what
>>13984305
Was talking about.
>>
>>13984646
Can't argue that point. If Jewdough and Char had ever met, they would likely have had similar views on the federation situation.

But those views took them in different directions. One decided to wash his hands and start anew elsewhere, the other tried to hit the reset button on the Earth.

The sad thing is, neither of them succeeded in either endeavor. Nothing ever changes in UC except the players.
>>
File: 1433979128450.jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1433979128450.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
>>13984305
I think it has more to do with people watching it recently after hearing for years how great it is and being underwhelmed without realizing that the people praising it didn't have years of hype before they saw it. You see the opposite go on with Seed right now where people who have been hearing how much of a train wreck it was started watching it and wonder what the big deal is.
>>
>>13984737
Actually Judau made it to Alpha Centauri.
>>
>>13984564
I dunno about the asteroids being about getting attention, I thought it was an earnest effort to bring about spacenoid freedom/newtype future by just destroying the federation. A really simple play.
>>
>people actually think Char really cared about spacenoids and their freedom in CCA

He may have cared a little bit, but his subconscious was all about getting that sweet rematch with Amuro on "equal" terms.
>>
>>13984894
Gib proofs?
>>
>>13984943
Victory gundam side story
>>
Fuck the haters.
CCA is enriched by having seen MSG, Z and ZZ.
>>
>>13984564
>The Titans were just as bad as the Zeon
Char was NEVER anti-Zeon, which is why he always fought to win in 0079 aside from the one time where he had the chance to knock off a zabi if he sabotaged his own side. Whatever issues he had with the Zabis and what they turned Zeon into, he certainly did not want to his his home fall to the Federation and become their puppet state, which is ultimately what happened.

>>13984931
The purpose of the asteroid was basically to force people to live by his fathers ideals of humanity leaving Earth to itself to become a space faring race by rendering it uninhabitable to humans and to take control over Earth off the table as something to fight over, which is what every war in the Earth Sphere had really been about prior to CCA.
>>
But both Zeta and CCA are great.

Hathaway and that one dude who kept trying to fuck Quess were shit though. CCA was best when it actually pertained to Amuro and Char. Quess herself was not too bad because it at least had something to do with both of them.
>>
>>13984948
Ideon also shows up.
>>
>>13984989
>and to take control over Earth off the table as something to fight over, which is what every war in the Earth Sphere had really been about prior to CCA.

Actually that was Zech's excuse to rip off Char in Wing. Char did'nt care about ending war. He just wanted to force everyone into space for newtypeism. Zechs wanted to take earth off the table so people would stop fighting over it ( well at least that was what he said- really he and Treize just decided to waste a bunch of lives to show everyone how war is not fun and they should cut it out).
>>
>>13984989
Okay, yes, Char was always pro-spacenoid independence, but Zeon, as a military power and largely as a nation, was always a Zabi construct. Even the Delaz fleet and the Axis remnants continued their rules in their stead.

Chars rebellion was the exception, and even then he was just playing the role of leader because his people lacked one and he saw it as a means to an end. He said himself in Zeta he hated being in command rather than being in a mobile suit.

But he chose the AEUG over Neo-Zeon, because he was trying to be proactive rather than sitting out in the asteroid belt brooding over what might have been
>>
As someone currently half way done with ZZ, do they ever bring up anything that ever happened in it, in CCA?
>>
>>13985720
I think Char mentions the Neo Zeon uprising but that's really it.
>>
>>13985720
Well Axis is certainly in it.
>>
>>13985720
Some MS reappear and plot lines from Zeta get wrapped up but not really, no. Still it's worth a watch on its own and sets the stage for CCA to happen.
>>
>>13985737

He mentions Haman as another leader using the Zabi name to legitimise herself during Sweetener, but that's about it.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.