[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interview with Mari Okada?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

File: tired.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tired.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
Interview with Mari Okada?
Anything interesting?
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/80429
>>
Eeh, not much. Just more proof a woman should never direct Gundam.
>>
>>13980190
Did she admit that she's a fucking hack?
>>
>>13980190
>"Gundam Iron blooded Orphans? no idea what you're talking 'bout m8, never heard of it"
- Mari Okada - 10/03/2016
>>
I just watch the 120s webm since episode 14, makes you realize that this show is made of like 98% long still shots.
>>
>>13980205

She's not directing it, you idiot.
>>
>>13980205
But Nagai is a dude.
>>
>>13980205
>unable to tell the difference between writer and director

Why are the shitposters on /m/ such literal retards?
>>
>>13980579
It's the same people who couldn't follow G-Reco. Are you really that surprised?
>>
File: 51072984_p0_master1200.jpg (555KB, 1200x1033px) Image search: [Google]
51072984_p0_master1200.jpg
555KB, 1200x1033px
>>13980190
>Defending herself and damage control.

Yep.

Can't wait til the runts who are watching this show to be old enough to realize what Tomino Gundam is about.
>>
So, according to the episode 25 summary a new threat is going to appear when Tekkadan and G-horn are fighting and Mika is going to challenge it alone.

Did they realize they don't really have a final boss, or are they going to bait for a season 2?
>>
>>13980933
> Bait for the already confirmed season 2
You must be new here
>>
>>13980673

I marathoned it right after buying an ounce of blue dream and I had absolutely no trouble telling the different factions apart. Anyone who can't follow G-Reco is retarded. Now, understanding Bellri's motivations or why everyone couldn't just live on Earth...that's not so easy.
>>
>>13980933
Source?
>>
>>13980987
It's in the Yaraon article OP posted. Just scroll down and there's some summaries.
>>
>>13980933
New threat is probably Ein.
>>
>>13980940
>already confirmed
Hi GG
>>
>>13980933
Hayaku, someone call suicide watch!
>>
>>13980933
Why would they give this show another season? I could understand how Destiny happened, how R2 happened, how 00's second season etc happened, but IBO isn't even close to being as big a hit as those.
>>
>>13981125
>People keep 'em in business by buying Grazes
>>
>>13981125
R2 and 00S2 were planned to exist since the beginning. CG was Sunrise first attempt at a season split anime, iirc. IBO was probably the same, but maybe it wasn't announced since the beginning because if it really flopped hard they could cancel it.
>>
>>13981125
But it's selling good. Not every show can be a big hit.
>>
>>13981004
These, right?

24話「タイトル未定」3/20
ついにエドモントンに到着した鉄華団。
しかし鉄華団は、蒔苗東護ノ介が会議場へ到着するのを
妨げようとするギャラルホルンの攻撃を受けてしまう。

25話「タイトル未定」3/27
鉄華団とギャラルホルンの激しい攻防戦が続くなか、新たなる脅威が現れた。
三日月は依頼主であるクーデリア・藍那・バーンスタインたちを守るために
単身でその脅威に挑む。
>>
>>13980205
you mean that it's more proof that Women shouldn't write Gundam.

Kudelia is little by little rubbing me the wrong way.

She's becoming self-insert tier
>>
>>13981287
Yeah it could be that, there is something weird about her that bothers me, she does feel like one of those self-insert characters in girl novels sometimes
>>
I don't understand all the hate for Kudelia. People are acting like shes some crazy mary sue and that shes perfect when its been shown shes pretty flawed and is waking up to the way things really work in the world. Why is everyone acting like she personally got into a Gundam and won every battle while also being flawless?
>>
>>13981307
>Why is everyone acting like she personally got into a Gundam and won every battle while also being flawless?
because she's being praised....even though nothing has happened yet. Okada romanticized the idea that she should be this "Lady of the revolution" and so far....She's not delivering, yet on-screen everyone else is saying "SO SUGOI".
>>
>>13981187
R2 actually wasn't planned from the start or something similar to that. Either it was planned but wasn't guaranteed or it wasn't planned. Season 1 ending the way it did was supposed to leave it open ended for fans in case there wasn't more. The popularity of S1 caused them to change the timeslot and as a result R2 was lighter and had to retread the same points R1 made to ease the new audience in,
>>
>>13981307
I've gradually started disliking her since Fumitan's death. She's getting hoisted up onto a pedestal I'm not convinced she deserves but the show won't stop shoving her "greatness" down my throat.
>>
>>13980190

Wow she admitted she has a fetish for panning hangar shots
>>
>>13981327
>R2 actually wasn't planned from the start or something similar to that.
It was pitched as a 50 episode series, but Sunrise didn't have faith in it. The director was too green and had a reputation for being a perfectionist. Hell, they wouldn't give the production it's own copier.

Sunrise agreed to a 25 episode run, then asked for more when it turned out the show was a hit.
>>
>>13980933
theyre probably talking about ein, theres a lot of noise about how ein is the final boss in that link
>>
>>13980933
Sure is the 00S1 Ending, REHASHED.
>>
>>13981516
>MUH CRANK last boss
God that would be hilarious
>>
>>13981534
Who are you kidding, It's Cookie and Cracker going apeshit and wanting Revenge.
>>
>>13981009
This, Ein probably survives the AV surgery and goes psycho newtype. It would be interesting if he actually kills Mika and becomes the MC for S2
>>
>>13981398
>she doesn't like animation
>>
>>13981302
I never thought of Kudelia as a self insert character. She comes across more as a sheltered rich kid who can't relate to the downtrodden common man that she's supposed to fight for.
>>
>>13981645
Except the show has the downtrodden orphans talking about how amazing she is for doing nothing. She should be impressed with how they've managed to survive for as long as they have and through the conditions they survived in but instead everyone is amazed by her.
>>
>>13981658
That's the thing that gets me. The show is so busy sucking her dick the orphans are basically shallow afterthoughts. Instead of learning more about them, their pasts and relationships in focuses on Kudelia the most of all things.
>>
>>13981709
yeah. here we are being fooled into thinking this show was going to be: The horrors of war through the eyes of the orphans, when it's Going to be "KUDELIA SUGOI" the show.
>>
>>13981645
>I never thought of Kudelia as a self insert character.
>spoiled and sheltered rich girl becomes the leader of just and noble revolution against an evil system
>not self-insert
She is literally a a speech-impaired Lacus without the singing and Hiraiface.
>>
>>13981725
But shes amazing!
>>
>>13981307
Fuck I just deleted a really long post, I fucking hate phones holy shit.
Something something Kudelia is a shitty MC for a character driven story because her character hasn't changed much in 22 episodes.
Anyway here are Kudelia's scenes. Let's play "find the development".
-up to base under attack: In danger, out of her protected shell for once [+1]
-Mika's late night exposition and corn exposition: Learns about shit from Martians themselves [0]
-hiring Tekkadan: Takes initiative although it was kind of because her dad tried to kill her [+1]
-teaching kids letters and shit: Bonding time, orphans have it haaaaard
-Mika's kiss: Lol blushu so moe
-meet the Dortfags: Jk shopping time
-Fumitan's death: Temporary stat boost and class change from Useless Kudelia to Maiden of Revolution [+1]
-getting on TV: Literally just asked McMurdo for shit and then her magic turned back a fleet but at least she did something [+1]
-talking with old guy: Lose class change and stat boost, retain experience gained while in super mode, also she's more of a political expert than the man she wants people to elect to run a large portion of the planet, so plot hax wins I guess [-1 for self-doubt]

Net total development points: 3
"If you see this image on the front page then you have been visited by the Maiden of Revolution. Equal work conditions and plot convenience will come to you but ONLY if you post "sugoi kudelia" in this thread": Over 9000

Any show has better characters than this "character driven" Gundam. Look at fucking Cross Ange, even, and that was a train wreck. I would rather have had a meme-worthy edgefest OKADAAAAAAAAAAA roller-coaster-headed-to-the-bottom than this. This is static and boring. Characters don't change (unless it's three seconds before their death, that is). Fight scenes suck. The plot pretends to move behind the scenes but not much has happened. The music is forgettable.
>>
>>13981716
Iron Blooded Orphans is such a misleading title. Should be Gundam: Revolution Maiden
>>
>>13981773
I'd be even more disappointed in the show if it had that title
>>
>>13981603
If only they had the balls...
>>
>>13981603
Nah that would be really bad. Eins has less character than Mika. He's a discriminated-against intensely loyal pilot who wants revenge who is about to receive Cyber Newtype surgery. That sums up 100% of his character. He is both flat and static and I would hate to have to watch him for any longer than the next few episodes where I can forgive his flaws as a villain.
>>
>>13981716
>>13981709
And on top of that, the show pussies out. These are fucking child soldiers, show some goddamn damage so the audience can see how such an upbringing has messed them up. Mika and Space-Guts are the only one's not well adjusted, there's something wrong with that picture right there.
>>
>>13981885
Technically they are not child soldiers, they are child mercenaries. They were not forced to join CGS, as they were not forced to get the AV surgery. And most importantly, they recieved a wage for their work.

The Brewers boys were closer to what child soldiers are.
>>
>>13982277
Guts was human debris so no. But still they have to clear minefields to survive and are beaten and used as a distraction. At that point if they're still staying then we can infer that it's CGS or starvation.
>>
>>13981834
Ein will literally be a cyber newtype, but using hardware instead of whatever brain science idiocy the Flanagan institute used.

Should we start calling him a cyborg newtype?
>>
>>13981773
MS Gundam : Kudelia's Amazingness
>>
>>13981885
The writers most likely toned down the child soldier aspect right after Mika murdered Crank in cold blood without remorse. It's that or the team mellowed out after meeting the Turbines, but are frustrated that they can't score with any of the girls.
>>
>>13980955
Strict immigration law? Bellri got interested with the situation after meeting up with Mr. Surugan.
>>
File: halp.png (33KB, 654x497px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
33KB, 654x497px
2ch please rescue Gundam
>>
>>13983151
>Make Gundam Shine Again
>>
File: Orangekun-19.png (560KB, 1129x635px) Image search: [Google]
Orangekun-19.png
560KB, 1129x635px
S1
>Ein loses several fights
>gets mortally wounded
>returns as a vengeful cyborg
>seemingly dies

S2
>Ein somehow returns again with even more powers
>switches sides
>is one of the few people to get a happy ending on the show

You'll see.
>>
>>13983162
>S2
I thought this joke was over
>>
>>13983162
Ein has to fight and adopt a cute loli first to make the process complete.
>>
>>13981885
While I'm enjoying the world building, I agree that Mika's lack of development is really huge problem for me. I'm not sure I've even seen a Gundam show that's 20 episodes in and not give you a decent understanding of what makes its main character tick. I mean, even SEED Destiny of all things sets up an interesting arc for Shinn (even though it didn't deliver on that promise).
>>
>>13983206
>sets up an interesting arc for Shinn (even though it didn't deliver on that promise).
It did, he hated Orb for allowing his family to die, ZAFT treated him well and allowed him vindication, so he became their ultimate tool.
>>
>>13983162
> is one of the few people to get a happy ending on the show
Collecting corn on mars, I bet.
>>
File: The-score.png (26KB, 891x353px) Image search: [Google]
The-score.png
26KB, 891x353px
Friendly reminder.
>>
>>13983206
>enjoying the world building
I disagree, we need to see and know a lot more about the world and the people in it.
We've gotten mouthfuls of exposition about the Calamity War, Gjallarhorn's past, the Gundam Frames and the origin of the Alaya-Vijnana system, but that's all we really get.
I'd like to know more about the economic blocs - are they all the same? Do they have differing ideologies or goals ala 00 S1? What about the people living in them?
What about Mars? We've heard about the Chryse Autonomous Region but I don't think we know much about any of the other regions.
What about half-metal? What's the deal with that? I don't remember it being mentioned any time before Kudelia arrived on Earth so I'm wondering where that came from.
>>
>>13983868
No half-metal was definitely mentioned before. I don't remember when exactly, but I believe they were in space. It would be nice, though, to know more about it and how exactly deregulation is supposed to improve life on Mars and whatnot.
>>
>>13983912
I think I know what the deal is with half-metal.

If we look at the small scenes we had on Mars, the main source of income on the farm was corn.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mars has a very low yield of resources that would be useful. Let's assume that half-metal is the other resource.
The case is probably that high regulations on refining and even gathering the resources led to people not hiring others or never opening up shop for the stuff.

By deregulating half-metal, she hopes that it would revive the industry there and allow people to get jobs. It would also mean that the influx of wealth to Mars would significantly improve life there.
>>
>>13983037
Yeah, I think I heard some controversy in Japan about Mika's cold-blooded killing not being appropriate for a children's TV show.
>>
>>13984253
It was completely justified in context. And besides, no one complained when Setsuna murdered both his parents in cold blood in 00. That was way more disturbing.
>>
>>13984555
Backstory though, and 00 makes it clear how messed up it was. IBO doesn't. As you said, it's justified in context but that doesn't fly with Japan's morality and views on children.

Remember, PTA groups also hated how IBO didn't show that the Dort workers threatening violence was not shown as a bad thing.
>>
>>13984636
>PTA groups also hated how IBO didn't show that the Dort workers threatening violence was not shown as a bad thing.
So, how long until Gundam becomes stifled by content guidelines like Kamen Rider currently is? Not even Build Fighters will get mobile suit violence at this rate.
>>
>>13980933
Calling it. It's Gundam Baal or Belial
>>
>>13983843
with atra as his daughteru? I'm sold.
>>
>>13981287
But Fllay, Kudelia is amazing.
>>
>>13981754
>The music is forgettable.
Which is like a first for gundam.
>>
File: What is this shit.gif (2MB, 186x200px) Image search: [Google]
What is this shit.gif
2MB, 186x200px
>>13980940
Season 2 had not been confirmed by a real source.
>>
>>13988818
>What is daisuki, a company sunrise is pumping money into and has a controlling share for content
>what is the description of the upcoming data book approved by sunrise
>>
>>13988841
>what is same tv slot in the fall being fill already
>what is trusting some American to know the schedule of Japanese tv

Season 2 is not happening until Sunrise official announces it. Everything else is just rumor and conjecture.
>>
>>13988849
B-But muh Daisuki!
>>
File: 4853954-big98.jpg (17KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
4853954-big98.jpg
17KB, 195x195px
>>13988636
screw you! I'm not hearing that set of words again. I would rather admit Lacus is useful than to give kudos to the most worthless piece of shit that was Kudelia.
>>
>>13988885
But Kudelia is amazing! AMAZING!
>>
>>13988639
It was bound to happen sooner or later. 0083 and 00 weren't quite there for me and 0080 is memorably but lovably out of place
>>
>>13988976
>out of place
way to miss the point
>>
>>13988885
How can you call her a piece of shit when she puts her hand on her chest and says she wants to be the hope of a revolution. That's amazing, isn't it?
>>
>>13989066
The point of that cheap-sounding soundtrack we got? I'm not talking about the tone of the music, I mean it only invokes childhood memories because it sounds exactly like a stereotypical low-budget TV show from the early 90s. The anime obviously didn't do that on purpose because the stereotype wasn't really prevalent yet. It wasn't terrible but it didn't bring out the qualities of childhood innocence against the tragedy of war as well as it could have considering Gundam's great track record with music.
>>
>>13989212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkWIz900F4
if you dont think this is the sickest shit get out of my face
>>
>>13988849
Stop being a retard, streaming sites stating how many episodes a show will have before it's officially announced has happened plenty of times before. Licensing companies are given all the info.
>>
>>13989232
>Licensing companies are given all the info
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.