[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled, what do you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: latest[1].png (927KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
927KB, 1280x720px
So now that the dust has settled, what do you think?
>>
>>13959109
Wasn't good at release but is considered fine wine now.
>>
>>13959109

I'm still amazed at how completely the final generation fell apart, and how the story went out on wagon wheels.

Also, Faradin is one of the most tooth-grindingly boring arcs I've ever seen. It was the very first generation, too! It's like they were trying to cram 0079, Gundam Seed, and I don't really have an analogue for the last one into a single 50-episode series.

This show was so doomed from the start, it wasn't even funny. (Also, what was up with the distorted and ugly character designs? Like the guy with the gigantic red afro?)
>>
>>13959109

Shit then, shit now. And Kio has nothing to do with it. The villains were rubbish, as was the writing in general and it was quite lazy in many ways too.
>>
Gen 1 is sort of shit but probably the best.

Gen 2 is an absolute waste of time that has no reason to exist.

Gen 3 is a trainwreck.

Overall it is the worst Gundam outside maybe some spinoff I haven't seen. Worse than Destiny. Destiny is bad, but at least Destiny has a setting. AGE has a string of event triggers and random encounters.
>>
>>13959109
Better than IBO that's for sure.
>>
>>13959129

It also had the worst Char clone of all time. Zeheart is just fucking shit.
>>
WE JUST HAD THIS THREAD
>>
>>13959134
Sometimes I forget Zeheart was supposed to be the Char. He was unbelievably forgettable
>>
>>13959150

I suspect someone saw it recently, enjoyed it more than an IBO and is trying to push it.
>>
>>13959109
I liked it for the most part. It was a very safe show but it had a nice soundtrack and the Zeheart vs Asemu thing was something I had always wanted to see in Gundam (ex-friends pit against each other). There were good designs outside of the Vagans, and it didn't tick me off like some other Gundam.
>>
>>13959109
Worse than SEED, better than IBO.
>>
>>13959109
It still ranks among my bottom three of Gundam shows.

It was just too simple, stupid and badly written. Granted it was meant to be marketed at a younger audience, they dropped the ball on so many things (high school Asemu arc, Zeheart's character as a whole, Yark Dole's son only reappearing to kill Grodek and then dying immediately afterward, fucking everything in Kio's arc). The plot was written in a very nonsensical way, and the action wasn't even that good outside of a few space battles in the second generation.

I mean, I wouldn't call it a trainwreck (that I reserve for shows like Destiny, Geass S2, Valvrave and Cross Ange), but it's a prime example of attempting to do something slightly better than mediocre and then failing consistently on the execution.
>>
It was bad. I struggled through the boring and predictable gen 1 and the annoying and irrelevant gen 2, then finally dropped it in gen 3 when Kio started befriending those Vegan kids.
>>
I still think that killing Yurin was a bad move, she was one of the more charismatic character of the serie and her chemistry with Flit was really good. other than that the anime also needed more episodes for each generation and villains with a least stupid motives
>>
>>13959307

Yurin was a cardboard cutout with all the charisma of a housefly and none of the charm. You only liked her because she was short lived. If she hung around for more episodes, you'd probably hate her as much as Emily, since she'd need some drama to keep her relevant.
>>
>>13959323
She wasn't even that good outside of her initial appearance in Flit's colony. The friendship sequence during The Preparation For The Final Assault On The Enemy Fortress was forgettable at best, and then nosedived hard when she became a puppet for Desil's bitch MS for all the stupidest reasons.

If anything needs to ever be fixed with AGE, it always needs to start with her entire role in the plot, because the one thing that was done right for a short period of time was the mystery surrounding the UE and her possible role in it. They fumbled hard in the first generation and never recovered.
>>
>>13959109
AGE 1 was great
AGE 2 was good(at the end)
AGE 3 was so bad I killed myself, but better than Destiny.
>>
>>13959109
What a godawful waste of a generational storytelling device.
>>
>>13959129
>AGE has a string of event triggers and random encounters.
to be fair it was a JRPG adaption
>>
I don't understand why people take AGE so seriously. It was supposed to be a Gundam parody, right?
>>
>>13959348
>AGE 1 was great
Anything with that shitty arc known as Fardain could not be considered great

>>13959634
Why would you think that? It was supposed to be a serious war story like the others. This isn't G Gundam here
>>
>>13959133
shitposting ibo comment #19573477902134845302495857582057358248682
>>
>>13959654
G Gundam portrayed everything in a serious tone as well, you know.
>>
>>13959609
Using that as a justification is an insult to JRPGs, though. Those have settings and reasons for things happening. AGE has a tiny handful of locations that otherwise float in a void, with no basis in the world around them because there's no world for them to be connected to.
>>
>>13959668
G Gundam sucked every time it was taking shit seriously, Domon stuff in particular.
>>
>>13959654
>G Gundam
G Gundam took itself too seriously though. One or two wacky scenes doesn't prove anything, every Gundam has those
>>
>>13959739
You're confusing "wacky elements" with "serious tone". Yes, G Gundam had silly shit like a sombrero shaped colony and a space statue of liberty that was actually a giant energy cannon, but they rarely went for comedy or slapstick around the characters or plot. The story was told in a serious manner. Everyone's putting their shit on the line for their dreams or family and the world's in danger of being raped and assimilated by the Devil Gundam.
>>
>>13959161
Looks like you were right, if >>13959162 is to be believed.

Also
> ex-friends pit against each other
> something I had always wanted to see in Gundam
What is SEED? Or V? Or Zeta, for that matter?
>>
>>13959654
> It was supposed to be a serious war story like the others.

>Serious war story
>Gundam has racecar spoiler.
>>
>>13959893
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>13959893
pfft

did you know the gundam had clown colors?
>>
File: amigo.jpg (80KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
amigo.jpg
80KB, 576x432px
>>13959765
No, I'm not, every time they addressed the main plot, they were dead serious about a lot of shit that flew incredibly poorly because they were taking it seriously and as a result, came out of painfully stupid. When G was being simply wacky, it worked and most of the time it wasn't about the main plotline which was dreadful.
>>
File: genoace-o-custom.jpg (93KB, 770x1026px) Image search: [Google]
genoace-o-custom.jpg
93KB, 770x1026px
AGE-1 was good.
AGE-2 was good at the end.
AGE-3 started out okay, but showed too many weak points.
AGE-FX is when things jumped headfirst down the drain and didn't surface.

The plot went from okay to poor to batshit insane, most characters bent over backwards for Kio (who turned out to be a bad example of pacifist characters), the final boss came out of literally nowhere, the bad guys tried to be sympathetic at the end but that was poorly executed. It started off okay but ended up finishing poorly.

At least the grunt designs were on-point and the suit designs were mostly pretty good.

>tfw no HG Genoace O-Custom
>>
File: gundamgallery-g-gundam258.jpg (111KB, 562x569px) Image search: [Google]
gundamgallery-g-gundam258.jpg
111KB, 562x569px
>>13959668
>>13959739
>>13959745

> Mobile Fighter G Gundam was produced by Sunrise in association with advertising agencies Sotsu and Dentsu, and toy company Bandai. The series was created to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the Gundam franchise, created by Yoshiyuki Tomino in 1979. G Gundam was directed by Yasuhiro Imagawa, known for his work on the Giant Robo and Getter Robo Armageddon original video animations (OVAs). G Gundam was chiefly written and supervised by Fuyunori Gobu, a veteran screenwriter for various Sunrise properties such as Shippū! Iron Leaguer and The King of Braves GaoGaiGar.

> Like other early mecha anime, the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise was backed by sponsors whose main interest was having television programs advertise plastic models and toys. Gundam fiction set itself apart from others in the same genre with its dramatic plot devices, morally complex characters, and depictions of the horrors of war. These aspects, combined with its "Real Robot" mecha approach, made Gundam immensely popular for several years. After the broadcast of Victory Gundam beginning in 1993, Imagawa, a young protégé of Tomino, was selected as the director of the next incarnation of the franchise titled Polcarino Gundam. However, as Gundam popularity dwindled and sales began to drop by this time, the sponsors forced the creators to reboot the brand with the newly titled Mobile Fighter G Gundam. Conceived as a less realistic "Super Robot" series, G Gundam abandoned its military roots and was aimed at younger viewers to increase toy sales.

> By the end of production, Imagawa considered it meaningless to compare G Gundam to other parts of the franchise and disregarded the concept of a "conventional" Gundam series. "This is MY Gundam," he proclaimed, "And I've made a Gundam that I can be proud of."
>>
>>13959254
>I mean, I wouldn't call it a trainwreck (that I reserve for shows like Destiny, Geass S2, Valvrave and Cross Ange), but it's a prime example of attempting to do something slightly better than mediocre and then failing consistently on the execution.

AGE failed spectacularly at being a good Gundam story, whether for children or adults. I am not sure what to call Cross Ange, words fail me, but if nothing else I agree with you about Valvrave and Destiny at least (I didn't really hate Geass S2 in retrospect). AGE had the potential to be one of the best multi-generational stories in fiction yet they did nothing particularly worthwhile with that concept, which makes me mad.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.