[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we discuss something about Gundam Wing for a second? Did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_meg446OWDF1r9goyzo1_1280.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_meg446OWDF1r9goyzo1_1280.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
Can we discuss something about Gundam Wing for a second? Did anyone else feel they seriously dropped the ball with this show? The lead writer left almost half-way through writing the script and you can see around episode 15 when things start to feel different, character progression completely leaves and the show goes down the gutter.

I mean we know they wanted to implement their own version of Newtypes into the show, with Quatre having psychic powers (we see glimpses of it in the early episodes), but once the lead writer left, it never goes anywhere. Even his whole 'soul of outerspace' thing goes out the window and they just mention it at the end in the stupidest way by saying, "Oh it's Heero who is the soul of outerspace!"

You look up the OST online and there is so much music that was never used that it feels like in retrospect, the rest of the show turns into a complete shell of itself. It's sad because the designs are still awesome and you wonder what would have happened if the main writer remained, but instead we go from philosophical discussions about war into Zechs becoming a retard and saying "I'm going to blow up the earth to end all wars" which is again, completely out of character.

The more I keep analying the first 15-20 episodes of the show and seeing it later, the more I feel like the series never really showed its true ending. There is a lot of artwork depicting the characters in different attire, as if to suggest later in the series they go through a lot of changes and begin to wear different clothing. Heero's relationship with Relena also completely stops around episode 15 and never actually comes back, whereas in the beginning it suggests their relationship would become complex and emotional.

The more I keep seeing this show, the more I feel like it could have been so much more. Has anyone else noticed this?
>>
The best way to describe Wing is "Basically as ridiculous as G Gundam was but in reverse taking itself seriously"
>>
>>13956847
Isn't the original author the one behind the Frozen Teardrop prequel/sequel novel?
>>
>>13956883
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni7qnJTz3pE
FROZEN TEARDROP ANIME WHEN
>>
>>13956847

There are ALLOT of loose ends as you mentioned.

That being said, episode 16-26 are the best of the series plot and character wise. Heero is seriously cringe worthy in the beginning. The first 10 are pretty bad, and the last 10 are a big disappointment. I find that Wing shined in the middle for the constantly shifting factions and plot, and the Wing boys struggling with the fact that they completely failed, and had to deal with the colonies not wanting them anymore. Wing also excelled in the way that the boys ended up influencing individuals like Sally Po, Zechs, and even Treize, and it was the fact that they had to fight as losers that inspired these people. It is a really cool theme that makes Gundam Wing stand out as the best non Tomino Gundam full length series to me. Despite it's numerous flaws.

Relena and Hero's relationship does also continue to develop in the Sanc Kingdom Arc and in the final stretch- where Heero starts believing in Relena and fighting for her. He still keeps his distance, but he very clearly comes to see her in a different way.
>>
>>13956847
>You look up the OST online and there is so much music that was never used

Honestly a pretty common thing in anime productions over forty episodes long. G Gundam has a load of music on the soundtrack that never made it into the show. Generally directors ask composers to produce a load of music while the show is still in per-production for them to use in the show as they see fit. They tend to use the same pieces over and over again depending on the mood they want to create for that scene. Then they call them back to write new music where necessary depending on new characters or plot developments.
>>
>>13956847
>you can see around episode 15 when things start to feel different, character progression completely leaves and the show goes down the gutter
Is that the moment where Noin starts wearing that awful cowgirl outfit and the show seems to turn into an endless loop of blowing up factories with Sally Po?

Also which writer was in charge of FT?
>>
>>13958755
Katsuyuki Sumisawa. though that one probably didn't get much free reign in the source show, after the director Masashi Ikeda got booted out for Shinji Takamatsu (who was stuck having to try and salvage the show after the backstory episode plans got scrapped).

Fun fact, Chiba was one of the show's writers and went on to do the Battlefield of Pacifists manga.
>>
>>13958772
How come so many Gundam stuff get director changes?
>>
Funny but I've been rewatching the series these past weeks-- seems back when I was younger, Tallgeese and Zechs showed up alot more often.

I didn't realize how little screen time they both actually had.
>>
>>13958779
There arent't that many
>>
>>13956847
I remember watching the second OP for Gundam Wing for the first time as a kid when I first got internet (pic related, the original video), being blown away by the animation in it.

And then actually watching the show, and being filled with disappointment.

At least, Endless Waltz delivered.
>>
>>13956946
COMING SOON™
/m/'s tears finally thaw
One anon...
...is ready with his tearcup.

"I'll kill you"

Newer Mobile Report: Gundam Wing: FROZEN TEADROP
>>
>>13961538
I wish we would get some confirmation one way or another. The manga is still going on and is still tying itself to Frozen Teardrop. Endless Waltz turns 20 next year too.
>>
>>13961546
Next year is big for a lot of Sunrise things isn't it?
>>
>>13956847
If the original head writer is behind Frozen Teardrop I'm glad he left the series. I can just imagine the dumb anime bullshit we would've gotten. It probably would've been Endless Waltz x 10.
>>
>>13961609
I can't find any information that actually proves he left like the OP says though.
>>
>>13956847
the only good thing out of Wing were the aesthetically pleasing mechs
>>
>>13961515
I always enjoy watching EW.
>>
File: duo.jpg (18KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
duo.jpg
18KB, 360x270px
>>13956847
10/10 show when focusing on Duo
1/10 show when focusing on anyone else.

Bandai just give us more Duo already.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.