[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunrise are playing us all for fools.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: gundamenhanced.png (1MB, 1200x1100px) Image search: [Google]
gundamenhanced.png
1MB, 1200x1100px
My fellow brothers of /m/

Ever since the announcment of Gundam: Tekketsu Orphans we have been cautiously optimistic that he show would be full of wonderful animation and battles. However we were struck dumb by the incredible terribleness of the actual animation, an awful slideshow and poorly-drawn mess.

Confused, we looked to other Sunrise gundam shows. Was it possible Sunrise has lost their talent and budget? NO! Looking at Thunderbolt shows that the studio can animate hand-drawn gundam well, they just refuse to do so for their flagship new series.

Why?

We have been betrayed, my brothers. It is well known that Sunrise was the last bastion of 2D mecha anime in recent years, a staunch bulwark against the creep of insidious lifeless, shitty CGI mecha. However with the advent of Fafner Exoduss and other such abominations of 3D animation, Sunrise has tipped their hand- they want to destroy 2D mecha animation and kill it off once and for all, so they can outsource their shows to lifeless animation companies and join the scummy world of CGI, the true enemy of creativity.

But, they know that even average 2D mecha looks better than garbage 3D robots, so they've deliberately made Tekketsu Orphans the worst-looking mecha cartoon ever just to make sure the audience is forced to accept 3Dshit. This 3Dshit push is being enabled by traitors like Anno, Kawamori, Itano, and their sycophant allies. Animation is dying!

Don't accept it. Boycott all 3D anime. Boycott Orphans. Don't buy the Gunpla, don't buy Fafner merchandise. Don't buy your UC gundam shows. Don't touch anything Sunrise.

Let it all burn. They will pay for betraying us, /m/. Make them bleed!
>>
Calm down Snapfit-kun, it's just a cartoon
>>
why the fuck didn't you start doing this when CG started appearing?

too late now, they spent too much money on CG hardware and gotten rid of assets for hand drawn animation to go back, dummy
>>
>>13942040
Sunrise directed Fafner?

Hahah XD wow
Sunrise? More like GODrise, amirite fampais?

>by traitors like Anno, Kawamori, Itano, and their sycophant allies. Animation is dying!
Don't forget Tomino. Letting CG into G-Reco. Unforgiveable
>>
>mfw Gundam The Origin's mechs look fucking awful while Thunderbolt's looks fantastic

God fucking damn it, Sunrise.
>>
>>13942040
I'm moved and inspired by your brilliant post, but i gotta get me some more of that gunpla, so fuck off.
>>
Didn't Sunrise make some statement after Unicorn that they never wanted to do an entirely hand drawn series again due to the amount of effort and time that had to be spent on Unicorn's OVAs?
>>
>>13942040
Is this pasta? It sure sounds like pasta.
And this is some /x/-tier logic, as expected of a pasta.
>>
>>13942064
They did? I don't see what Unicorn has to do it with a statement like that, it's not like Unicorn was entirely hand drawn.
>>
>>13942064

But Unicorn had CG transformation sequences and ships in it. Every gundam series since 00 has had CGI spaceships.
>>
>>13942090
The ships in Seed were occasionally CG, especially some of the shots of the Archangel. But yeah, they weren't fully CGI.
>>
More fafner when?
>>
Even CCA had CGI
>>
But Graze is my gundamfu now. This show has the best designs and Gunpla in years.
>>
>>13942128
DAT SHIT TASTE
>>
>>13942118

At least we've got MJP in the meantime
>>
>>13942138

And Cross Ange 2.
>>
>>13942140
What?
>>
File: 198242937532.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
198242937532.webm
3MB, 480x360px
Fafner going full CGI for it's mechs hurts, especially after seeing how good they looked in Right of Left.

Just imagine how much better Exodus would have been if it had been 2D mechs.
>>
File: 1450475847513.jpg (113KB, 1024x587px) Image search: [Google]
1450475847513.jpg
113KB, 1024x587px
>>13942040
>don't buy Fafner merchandise

It's not like I have a choice when they don't fucking make any.
>>
>>13942153
They made Robot Damashiis anon.

Good luck trying to get them though.
>>
>>13942118
Soon™
>>
>>13942152
Alternatively, it could have ended up looking as bad as it did in DA.
>>
Gundam has had GC since ZZ.
>>
>>13942244

Wait, did it?
>>
>>13942040
Comet Lucider had better mecha than IBO.
>>
>actually thinking the actions of foreigners matter to Japanese executives

Cute.
>>
>>13942380

Sunrise themselves said they wanted IBO to appeal to the international market when it was announced though.
>>
>>13942040
I think you're being autistic and not in the endearing way.
>>
>>13942411
They say that literally every single year since like 00 orsomething
>>
>>13942152
Then again the CGI for Exodus was fucking great so it's not a problem.
>>
File: images-33.jpg (20KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images-33.jpg
20KB, 512x287px
Why can't they just make IBO like Buddy Complex? The mechs are a good mix of 2D and CGI.
>>
>>13942635
Buddy Complex was made by studio 8 in collaboration with Orange. You can't hold the rest of Sunrise to those kinds of standards, the entire company would implode.
>>
>>13942635
>>13942654

I liked how in buddy complete it started out even then gradually went more 2D as the show went on.
>>
>>13942040
Eh, I'm gonna buy Gusion Rebake and that blue Graze just to spite you
>>
>>13942040
>somebody gets it.

Like I said Bandai knew full well what it was doing from the start. Copying attack on titan and aldonoah zero and packaging it as Gundam to sell cheap toys.
>>
>>13942040
"We"? C'mon. Get off that horse before you fall off. And stop attaching my name to your stupid fucking bandwagon.
>>
>>13942730
>Copying attack on titan

Look, I know you're dumb, but I assume you have a functioning pair of eyes with which you can make proper visual comparisons.

IBO's only similarity to A/Z is that it uses Mars even less than A/Z does, and why the fuck am I responding to you actually?
>>
>>13942748
>IBO's only similarity to A/Z is that it uses Mars even less than A/Z does
We never actually saw Mars in A/Z
>>
>>13942765

At least we saw very, very fleeting glimpses of what life was like on Vers, and at least the backstory involved it more and Vers itself was a constant antagonistic faction.

Mars in IBO, although we do get similar brief glances, exists as a starting point with almost no flesh to it and as something to give Kudelia a reason to do anything, and as an excuse for them taking fucking forever to reach their destination.
>>
>>13942748
Mikazuki is a gender swapped Mikasa. PROVE ME WRONG.
>>
>>13942778
Mikasa talks
>>
>>13942778
Mikasa has her own motivations for following Eren and is willing to do things that will piss him off to help him, if Olga tells Mikazuki to kill himself he will do it
>>
>>13942152
Yes anon, let us be impossibly retarded and compare OVA quality to a 23 episode tv show
>>
File: IMG_20160202_205200[1].jpg (679KB, 1093x2165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160202_205200[1].jpg
679KB, 1093x2165px
>>13942163
Just get a job guys
>>
>>13943205
Asus.

Nice, would hope with/10
>>
File: turn_a_chop.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
turn_a_chop.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Reminder the last well animated Gundam was Turn A.
>>
File: ezgif-4203403835.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-4203403835.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>13943334

Read a book.
>>
Calm down we are all sad by the fat guy death, but it happens.
>>
>>13943702
>we
lol, nope.
>>
File: flyby.webm (57KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
flyby.webm
57KB, 640x360px
I thought it was pretty decent animation
>>
>>13942055
Blame Imanishi. If it was up to him, every Gundam show would be all-CGI, all the time.
>>
>>13943741
LOL.

LOL.
>>
>>13942040
IBO isn't even that bad it's just really run of the mill.
>>
>>13943940
>really run of the mill.
It isn't, what the fuck
Where do you come from? Is this the part where you say "I've only really seen Build Fighters and 00"? Because it's not run of the mill at all
>>
Just get over it and choose your directors like a grown man. IBO is a show for kids.
Look G-Reco, you can say much about it, but dont deny it is GORGEUS.
>>
>>13942040
shut up VG
>>
>>13942040
you are months late
we knew it was going to be garbage since they announced the people involved in its making
I didn't even bother to watch a single episode, neither buy one of those shit ass kits
>>
>>13942040
speak for yourself faggot. IBO is among the best anime this decade
>>
>>13944207
>I didn't even bother to watch a single episode
This kind of shit just amazes me.
I expect people on /m/ to shit-talk things they haven't seen just to fit in, that doesn't surprise me. But to brag that you haven't even watched a single episode as if that somehow validates your "opinion" of a show you haven't seen is some next-level willful ignorance.
9/10 if troll
sad self-delusion if serious. You've seen a few webms cherry-picked from the weakest moments of the animation and been assured by others that they somehow know, despite also not having watched a single episode, that the entire show is just like that.

Actually, forget all that. You're right. You definitely should not watch any of this show, ever. Especially episode 19. Because you might like it and I want you to be deprived of that, just in case.
Carry on, proud non-viewer.
>>
>>13944473
>Especially episode 19
One episode doesn't make a show good.

I liked the episodes before they left Mars. After that it just failed to capture my interest due to hpw redundant the dialog was.

>repetition is a literary device
So? It's not a very competent one.

I don't even blame any scriptwriter (of which there are several), but I do blame Producer and Director for thinking having multiple scriptwriters switch up and around every few episodes is acceptable. It also looks like shit, despite Obari. Where are those shiteaters anyways? Usually can't shut the hell up about "Obari as fuck" something is, but they're almost nowhere to be seen when his episodes air.
>>
>>13943750
>muh g-reco
>muh models
>muh oob
>muh inferiority complex
>>
File: Turn-A Gundam Art Works -093.jpg (1MB, 3200x2309px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-A Gundam Art Works -093.jpg
1MB, 3200x2309px
>>13943359
>digitally painted
>jerky movement
>zoomed in close to avoid animating anything else
>fixed camera angle
Fucking disgusting
>>
>>13942314
No, it didn't. You are delusional.
>>
>>13942040
How about I keep doing what I will and ignore you? I think I'll do that.
>>
>>13942040
You know, I think the fight in this video points to CGI not being lifeless but misused https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr2Bc5qMhE4
>>
>>13944522
>After that it just failed to capture my interest
Okay.
At least you actually watched it. I was just commenting on mr "I know better than to watch something I already don't like despite not actually exposing myself to it" because that's just fucking stupid.

Different people like different things, though. I'm enjoying it immensely, but it's okay with me if you don't have the same opinion I do.
While people have convinced me to try things I wasn't initially interested in, no one has ever successfully argued me into liking something I disliked watching nor disliking something I enjoyed watching so I don't see a point in arguing over why we did/didn't like something. While we can feel validation in agreeing with points made by others who share our opinion, we can't really argue someone who doesn't share our opinion into changing their mind.
>>
>>13943205
Most of them are sold out or heavily overpriced these days though.
>>
>>13942040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfyXK4KwyYA
>>
>>13944251

You don't actually think this, though.
>>
Why didn't they just make a Build Fighters prequel instead of IBO.

WHY
>>
>>13946159
because they meddled with try and then declared it a failure when try didn't live up to expectations
>>
>>13946162
now they will declare IBO a failure and what will they do next?
>>
>>13944779
>digitally painted makes it worse
Your a retard, congratulations.

The rest is fairly true, but "worse animated than Turn A" doesn't mean "badly animated"
>>
>>13946159
They already have enough commercials for RX-78-2 gunpla.
>>
>>13943948
No I'm just not a moron who lets herself get swept up in memes tainting their opinion of the show.
>>
>>13942040
You're a special kind of retard aren't you?
>>
>>13946159
cause the build fighters prequel with takashi would be plamo kyoshiro (i mean, he does pilot the perfect gundam)
>>
>>13946913
>be retard
>still mostly right
I guess I have that going for me
>>
>>13942040
CG is the least of ibo's problems
>>
>>13942040
I would honestly rather they just added CGI into the show into it's next season (if it gets one), than to keep dealing with this mediocre to bad animation they're currently doing.

And what sucks more is that Iron Blooded Orphans mecha look great in still shots. I like most all of the mecha design too, skinny waists and all. But when they're so lazily animated even compared to other TV gundam's like Build Fighters it just feels like squandered potential.

I wonder what Barbatos would look like in CG.
>>
>>13946159
because build fighters was shit
>>
>>13942419
>every year since 00
They never said that for 00
They never said that for age
They never said that Build fighters
They never said that for g reco
They never said that for try
They only said it for IBO which was fucking announced in the u.s.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.