[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam 0079 vs Origin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: 0079.jpg (644KB, 914x1280px) Image search: [Google]
0079.jpg
644KB, 914x1280px
Ignoring art and animation, how would your ratings between the original 0079 anime and Origin compare?
>>
>>13926285
0079 is great, The Origin is shit
>>
Saying that I prefer the older thing to the newer thing makes me feel more cultured.
>>
It's impossible to compare them because the latter would not exist without the former, and there's literally almost three decades' worth of generational gap and culture evolution to consider.

>banana Captcha

Even Google agrees, the premise is bullshit and you're all weaklings. Only strength matters.
>>
>>13926392
It is possible to say how much better or worse the story became though.
>>
>>13926384
>i have no arguments to defend the origin
oh ok thanks for sharing
>>
>>13926285
>Casval just happens to meet an identical person who also happens to be perfectly positioned to accommodate his revenge scheme.
>Shotacon Kycillia.
>Everybody knew each other before the war even started!
>Ramba Ral, the good soldier who paid the price for not questioning his country, was secretly a rebel who questioned his country.
>Dozel's wife is actually a secret agent who played a crucial role in starting the war to begin with. After this she, of course, settles down to become a charming housewife.

All of the prequel sections of The Origin were bullshit, ranging from, "Wait, but that's dumb," to, "Are you fucking kidding me?" The blatant canon contradictions aren't even the beginning of its problems.
>>
>>13926392
>and culture devolution
ftfy
>>
>>13926285
I like the manga's reinterpretation of the events of 0079, but Char's flashback arc dragged on way too long and is kinda dumb.
>>
>>13926498
I haven't seen it.
>>
>>13926285
Are the Origin dubs out yet?
>>
>>13926285
The Origin isn't perfect, but it does a lot of things that I feel are direct improvements to 0079. Some of those are just the benefit of having 30 years of hindsight but I still appreciate that the Origin makes those changes instead of slavishly adhering to the original.

The Federation having mobile suits earlier in the war makes a lot more sense and better justifies the Guncannon and Guntank being so inferior to the Gundam. On that note, Yas must really love the Guntank because it gets a much better showing in The Origin than it ever got in 0079. And related to that, I really appreciate The Origin giving the GMs more spotlight in a single volume than the entirety of the original anime. The GMs going apeshit at Jaburo while the filthy zeeks shit themselves is one of my favorite moments in the entire manga. Overall, there are just bits like those that make it feel feel much more like a protracted war.

Char's flashback is honestly the weakest part of the whole thing. Which makes it all the more frustrating they would decide to animate that part of The Origin, but I guess they gotta sell a million more Zakus.

I'd never call The Origin a replacement for the original anime, but it reinterprets the story in a way that at least to me, make it feel a lot more cohesive while putting a new spin on things. It would have been a vastly inferior product if it just translated the events of the anime 1 for 1. It's what a proper modern retelling should be.
>>
>>13926285
Origin isn't out yet.
>>
>>13926285
It's good enough as a prequel but some shit like the medieval suit of armour are hilariously dumb.
>>
>>13926500
I haven't checked Origin out, but "everyone knew each other before the war!" actually almost makes sense if you consider War in the Pocket and Mirai's+Amuro's Father's ties to Side Six.
Not that it's necessarily a good idea, but it kind of seems feasible.
Plus, there is that throwaway line early in 0079 about how everyone on Side 7,kind of knows (of) each other, or at least of Amuro.
>>
>>13927287
>Overall, there are just bits like those that make it feel feel much more like a protracted war.

While I've only read part of the Origin I agree. I also like how The Origin shows that there is more than one Guntank and Guncannon on White Base. It gave the battles a bigger feel to them instead of small villain of the week skirmishes that 0079 had.

I always found it hard to believe that in 0079 just the Guntank, Guncannon, Gundam and Core fighter could stand up to everything Zeon was throwing at it.
>>
>>13927387
The only time White Base actually fights Zeon at full force is after they've linked up with the Federation. Every other fight is one sect of the Zeon forces that have little to no intercommunication or are actively being fed disinformation.
And the Gundam, Guntank, etc tend to still really get wrecked. If anything, they needed to establish how they were repairing that stuff so quickly, instead of just giving them extra Gun-s since that sort of ruins the tension between battles.

It would have been cool to see White Base crew scooping up scrapped Zakus and Dopps to convert for repairs, and would make Amuro's Dad's batshit insanity about upgrading the Gundam with old Zaku parts make more sense.
>>
>>13927387

The extra Guntanks and Guncannons serve as fodder to make battles more tense by having the WB actually take casualties. They don't actually contribute a lot; it's still Amuro, Kai, and Hayato doing the job, just like in the anime.
>>
>>13926285
The music is part of what made 079 so enjoyable for me so I'll stick with that until the die I day.
>>
The origin improves as much as it fails at

For every sensible change it makes a (often unnecessary) bad one. Then others come off as yeah I guess it could be like that.

I'm glad it is like this though as it makes it a different thing rather than just the anime again but sort weird cause no Tomino.
>>
>>13928275
You must be joking, I've been trying to get through 0079 and my partner is fed up of hearing the same goddamn music tracks over and over (me too really).

The origin is neat, but it bothers me that there are so many early guntanks, when Zeon were only just starting to pursue mobile suit technology.
>>
>>13928426
You crazy hating on space disco.
>>
>>13926500
>Amuro didn't design haro
>origin guntank design
>>
>>13926285
Remakes/reboots are usually fucking shit.

Anime is no exception.

But it will bring in fresh blood who can't watch anything old because of the animation.
>>
>>13928426
You have horrible taste
>>
pretty much the only major things I dislike are Gyan never fighting the Gundam(although the way it did get used was pretty good), and Bigro being the only Mobile Armor to not get to fight(although it surviving the end of the war is pretty amusing), still don't know why that happened with the latter, only reason I can think of is either Yas not being a fan of it, or with the Zakrello being given an expanded role(by becoming a limited production model along with the Braw Bro) he might just have figured it to be redundant(personally I would have had Sayla fight it instead of another Braw Bro during the sole sortie of her custom GM)
>>
>>13926500
>Everybody knew each other before the war even started!
>Ramba Ral, the good soldier who paid the price for not questioning his country, was secretly a rebel who questioned his country.

And what is wrong with these at all? Characters just don't pop up out of nowhere. And they're part of what adds tension, drama, and meaning to the pre-war events rather than just saying Deikun declared Zeon's independence somehow, ousted the feds somehow, than he was assassinated, than Zeon somehow was left alone for all those years to develop a large army. Also, "everyone" should be defined here. Of course people like the Zabis and Rals would know each other, they were both close to Deikun. Mirai's father being a very important person, etc.

And anyone aside from delusionals or people drinking Gihren's kool-aid (which was unfortunately, a lot) would question Zeon after the horrible fucking atrocities they did, including what Ral was already a part of, and what he almost (but refused) also was a part of. Like he even said, gassing basically defenseless colonies and dropping them on Earth to cause untold more millions of dead, isn't war. Even Degwin was also taken aback by that.

>Casval just happens to meet an identical person who also happens to be perfectly positioned to accommodate his revenge scheme.

I keep hearing people complain about this, but name a more plausible way Casval/Char manages to get his way into Zeon's army without being immediately found out. No, a simple name change won't do shit.

And no, the prequel sections were good because did more with the characters that makes their actions during the main story/0079 actually make sense, more worldbuilding than the original TV series ever allowed for, depicted battles only referenced in dialogue or never seen, like the Battle of Loum, and a clearer look at the development of MS that has only been detailed in vague untranslated (and often contradictory) material known only by hardcore fans.
>>
>>13928540
>Bigro only MA not to fight
>had the highest production numbers of Zeon MAs
what the fuck
>>
>>13929427
The biggest problem with Origin is being an 'alternate retelling' (functionally an entire AU like Thunderbolt) so it doesn't have any impact on actual 0079 timeline canon, so any of the fixes it brings are moot. Mostly the MS development being what I care about.
>>
>>13929451
With the OVAs, it now does, though, with some more changes are made to keep things in line with the original 0079 story, like the 0068 Guntanks being given the model number of RTX-65 "Early Type".
>>
It's kinda like Resident Evil PS1 vs. Resident Evil GCN, you gotta play/watch the original to fully appreciate the changes made in the latter.
>>
>>13929948
Not really.
I played RE1 HD Remaster on PS4 for the first time like 4 months ago, and it still completely blew me away and is now one of my favorite games.
>>
>>13929978
Fully appreciate.
>>
>>13929948
REmake is just straight up better than RE1 so that's not a good comparision since Origin is trash
>>
>>13930122
>REmake is just straight up better than RE1
I disagree. If anything, it's pretty similar to Origin (assuming we're talking about the manga); Better in some aspects, but not all.
>>
>>13930871
>Better in some aspects, but not all.
Please name 1 thing that RE1 did better that doesn't come down to "I played it first"
>>
>>13929435
as far as I can tell it and Zakrello swap roles in The Origin, as it's the Zakrello that has a high production run by MA standards, my guess is that most likely Yas just liked the Zakrello better
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.