[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any /m/ show as brutal and unforgiving as the Animatrix?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: the 2nd renaissance.webm (3MB, 750x314px) Image search: [Google]
the 2nd renaissance.webm
3MB, 750x314px
Is there any /m/ show as brutal and unforgiving as the Animatrix?
>>
Texhnolyze, if that counts as an /m/ show
>>
Muv-Luv
>>
File: human suffering.webm (3MB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
human suffering.webm
3MB, 600x250px
>>13924695
>Babies first grim dark anime
>Mecha harem
Please.
>>
>>13924721
>they get to keep their bodies
low tier
>>
CAN'T STOP
>>
>>13924730
Implying that's not the worst part.
>>
>>13924721
Bring something better, smartass.
>>
Genocyber
>>
>>13924738
That bit made no sense to me. So I guess the robots are are making world leaders agree to sign something I assume says "yeah sure we lost so stick us in your VR machine" then the robot explodes destroying the treaty and killing the politicians. So the whole meeting was pointless unless the robots just did the whole thing to kill those guys which they could have done as soon as they were all there in which case why did the robot need to sign something? The whole scene just seems really illogical for a bunch robots to do.
>>
File: Zero-One wanted peace.webm (2MB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Zero-One wanted peace.webm
2MB, 1280x536px
>>13924765
Somebody sure got triggered. Don't like it when one insults your otaku tryhard harem trash, eh?

>>13924835
It was a peace accord in the same vein as webm related. Humanity wanted peace but like what they did before, betraying the machines, the machines do the same to them.
>>
>>13924923
>harem trash
Don't get me wrong, I hate the harem aspect of it too. But the world! The story!
>>
>>13924938
Sounds interesting from first glance but then enlargement and alien tentacle gangbang rape sex happened and all that other shite. But I'm sure there's some kind of deep reason for it. There always is.
>>
>>13924835
The matrix isn't exactly known for how much sense it makes when you actually think about it.

Shouldn't expect it from spin-off materials either.
>>
File: sad cat.jpg (42KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
sad cat.jpg
42KB, 510x427px
>these webms
I'm upset now
>>
File: dumb cunt.png (38KB, 302x300px) Image search: [Google]
dumb cunt.png
38KB, 302x300px
>>13925530
That's probably because you never thought at all.
>>
It's only beggining
>>
>>13925552
He's right though. There are some big stupid moments both in the movies and animatrix itself. It's not exactly an original work storywise, either.
>>
>>13925491
>enlargement and alien tentacle gangbang rape sex
Explain
>>
File: 1443186022298.png (1MB, 1291x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1443186022298.png
1MB, 1291x1073px
>>13925559
Of course there are. Care to give a few examples? Ben a while since I saw the movies.

>>13925570
This.
>>
ANIMATRIX is fucking sick, man.
>>
>>13925579
Well the simple ones is that whole keeping people as batteries shit.
But the biggest ones, at least in my opinion really shine in the animatrix, namely the entire story of human complacency, interaction between all sides and how war played out.
I find it doubtful that with people growing so dull and relying too much on robots there will be no strong people who wouldn't want to change things in accordance to their beliefs, especially considering population numbers and information age technology.
Then, lack of factions on all sides, especially robots, fighting against robots or everyone and anyone else, lack of apologists, lack of people fighting for peace and/or other things, lack of small groups, and others.
It all felt too black and white, despite that robots were capable of being extremely human.
While the machine faction does things just to hurt the other side, and makes inefficient designs. Human side sucks at war for some reason, all sides lack genre awareness and foresight, entire fucking shrouding the sky idea, robots can resist nukes but humans don't seem to have access to that shit, iirc.
As for the movies, machine have no need to keep humans around and the planet is fucked, they can just fuck off to space but they don't, they'd rather act all spiteful and dickish to some losers they trashed and totally have a consensus because plot said so.
Entire things feels like it's a story about an insane machine in some remote location torturing people for its own amusement, not unlike AM, rather than a story about how things truly are.
Normal intelligence wouldn't do things so useless, nor would all entities shown act in such a manner. Things wouldn't be so one-sided and would fail more spectacularly and dramatically for one.
>>
>>13925552
The basic premise of using humans to supply electrical power is completely nonsensical. The setup the robots have going on literally violates the second law of thermodynamics in that they have a closed system in which entropy does not increase.
>>
>>13925644
>>13925644
Apparently, the Animatrix is actual data inside Zion archives. And according to some lore, it's been doctored by the machines to have a massive bias against humans. Since this isn't the first time the machines have invaded Zion, it makes sense they'd go and alter the data stores there to mess with future Resistance fighters.

Also, you can blame Hollywood execs for the humans as batteries thing. The Wachowski brothers had a different reason, I believe it was something like harnessing human brains to use as a massive parallel quantum computing matrix or something, but the big wigs were all "American audiences are too dumb to get that. Just say they are batteries. Those morons will understand that."
>>
>>13925712
Still not exactly a great idea, they can just grow them by themselves, to a desired specifications, rather than waste time on dealing with human personalities.
>>
>>13925546
Hey.

Hey.

Read the filename.
>>
>>13925727
You could probably just hand-wave it away as "vat grown human brains aren't as efficient/powerful as actual real human brains."
>>
>>13925741
True, though that one will be a shaky one, especially if sci-fi magic is involved. Anyway, they could've just left them be, nuked them or try for a peaceful conclusion.
Furthermore, what's the point in all that computational power if they spend their resources on a farm management?
>>
>>13925644
>But the biggest ones, at least in my opinion really shine in the animatrix, namely the entire story of human complacency, interaction between all sides and how war played out.

Anon, it's basically US-American race war fiction, they just replaced the nonwhites with robots to make the whole affair less shameful for everyone involved.
>>
>>13925764
I'm sure you realise but robots don't make a great substitute in this case even without counting philosphical matters specific to them and what not.
>>
>>13925727
The Matrix is one of those movies kind of like The Purge (for just a recent example). It's an idea that works alright for one movie, but the more time they spend on it, the more you find yourself looking at the setting and going "...wait a second."
>>
>>13925784
It's not exactly like the Matrix ever mentioned robot- or software agent-specific issues outside of Agent Smith's little speech about how he's sick of this shit and just wants to fucking die.
>>
>>13925795
Well, there's still sentience, right? Animatrix showed normal robots going on about their lives and getting beaten because we can't have nice things.
That's one can of worms for you.
>>
>>13925727
>>13925763
In either case of them using humans for computing, or for power them artificially producing completely functional humans is retarded.

Since they don't actually seem to be using anything except the brain and nervous system for either of these purposes (they let muscles atropy) there's no reason at all why their humans should have complete bodies

They could completely eliminate all possibility of resistance by genetically or surgically altering the humans in any number of ways. Given that the humans are fed intravenously the digestive system would be a strong candidate for removal, so would all of the limbs.
>>
Second Renaissance doesn't even really make sense. The robots were built to serve and work. How does one somehow gain emotions and the feelings associated with not wanting to die? They don't know anything about death and yet one gets all pissy cause hes gonna "die" and kills some humans.
>>
>>13925839
Remember at the end of the Matrix Reloaded, when Neo does some The One shit outside of the Matrix? I was fully convinces that Zion was just another level of The Matrix for people who wouldn't accept the first Matrix. Would have explained away all of this crap, too.

But no, he's just magic. What the hell, Revolutions.
>>
>>13924835
it might just be a metaphor
>>
>>13925896
If the robots were actually intelligent the way they'd deal with people rejecting the matrix would have multiple versions that it dumped people into if they rejected one, all of which explained the matrix as having a different purpose and had different tones and themes.

Eventually someone who is rejecting their current version gets dumped into one that fits their worldview and they stop rejecting it.
>>
>>13925693
The original concept was the machines using human brains as processors, which actually makes a lot more sense.
The whole "thermal battery" thing is retarded for much larger reasons than the second law of thermodynamics. Basically the fact that it would simply be more efficient to burn whatever you are feeding the humans rather than feed them enough to keep them alive as a heat source.
>>13925712
>Since this isn't the first time the machines have invaded Zion, it makes sense they'd go and alter the data stores there to mess with future Resistance fighters.
The entire story takes place inside the Matrix. At no point does anyone actually wake up outside, as evidenced by Neo being able to shut down a squiddie in the "real" world.
It's like this:
Sometimes people feel there's something off with the world they're living in and begin to reject the scenario of being a salaryman in a technological society. So when that happens, we give them a new scenario where they're mankind's only hope because no one ever rejects that one.
>>
>>13924656
gurrenlagann cuz they killed kamina
>>
>>13926164
I don't think there's a larger reason than the second law of thermodynamics.

low efficiency just makes something a bad idea

violating laws of thermodynamics makes something literally impossible
>>
>>13926085
Makes sense, but doesn't justify it much. Matrix is a waste.
>>
>>13926277
I know, I was just trying to illustrate just how poorly executed it is, even if you take the base premise as a given.
>>
>>13925890
Probably that notion that keeps popping up, that happenstance lets some random bot slip through with a glitch, or just it operates for too long accumulating data, and it achieves self-awareness. Because muh evolution or something.
>>
So what do the machines do all day after they won? Are we just not seeing the locations where they party all day because there's nothing else to do and they're bored?
>>
>>13926675
Well it's been six hundred years since they won, allegedly. I suppose running the Matrix consumes the entirety of their attention since you'd think they'd at least have found a way to clear the sky, and repopulate Earth with animal life after the first two hundred years, then fucked off to Jupiter to get a better power source for another hundred, then spent the last two hundred sending Sentinels into deep space to find other intelligent life to dominate.
>>
>>13926694
Considering the apparent point why the war started, they sure spend their time going BEEP BOOP KILLER ROBOTS SUBJUGATING HUMANITY IS MY DAY JOB with the passion of a salaryman on the verge of suicide instead of going and making robot art or something.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.