[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 21

File: g.jpg (224KB, 1170x658px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
224KB, 1170x658px
Worth watching?
>>
>>13894127
>>
>>13904366
That's really an awful poster.

The framing is just atrocious.
>>
>>13904366
The pink girl is his sister, they're both the children of an important politician, the white guy is secretly trying to start a war, and when he dies everyone just gives up and goes home.
THE END.

There, now you don't have to sit through 25 episodes of RAYHUNTON CODE being used like the fucking Blazing Sword from Voltron.
>>
>>13904366
>Worth watching?
Don't ever ask /m/ this.
>>
>>13904366
If you're a tomino-fanboy the, sure.
>>
>>13904750
>the white guy is secretly trying to start a war

Is he from Jupiter
>>
>>13907255
Nah.

Venus.
>>
>>13907266

So that's different at least
>>
>>13904366
It's worth watching if only to give you a legitimate basis for shitposting about it unlike most people who trash only after having only seen 2 episodes.

Remember that Tomino thought it was bad himself.
>>
Watch it all or you're a fucking pleb.

Afterword we'll call you a faggot for wasting time watching it.
>>
>>13907735
This. I's the SEED of our epoch.

I haven't even started.
>>
>>13904366
It's okay. Biggest problem is that very few of the characters are given an actual reason why they would want to fight or participate in a war, and yet they all do it anyway.

You will spend most of your time watching it trying to figure out what the characters' motivations/objectives might be.
>>
IBO is far more enjoyable than this shit of crappy snacky's shit
>>
>>13907916
> You will spend most of your time watching it trying to figure out what the characters' motivations/objectives might be.

Which is doubly frustrating, because one of two things tends to happen. For some, we just never get a motivation or reason for them to be worth a cast member spot at all. They are just there, constantly, for no reason.

For others, you get them stopping before they launch and suddenly spouting a bunch of convoluted nonsense that seems like it is building towards an actual point before they stop int he middle of their sentence dramatically ("Even so...") and its only later/by watching that scene a second time that you actually realize that this is it. This is their motivation/backstory/objective. Hastily thrown at your face all at once without any context or prompt whatsoever in a rush before the character goes off to die, and that the closest you are ever going to get for character development for them.
>>
>>13904366
>Worth watching?

It's a children show

A JAPANESE children show

Not for Murrikan children
Not for other Asian children
Not for African children

but for Japanese children only
>>
File: Aida fan.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aida fan.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13908541
>>13907916
This is what happens when people don't pay attention. In all seriousness, pay attention to the character's gesticulations and movements along with the dialog. It's not so straightforward as, "I like character A"; rather it's nuanced, "I dislike character A, but require his assistance to accomplish a task, and thus I'll backhandedly compliment him while not maintaining eye contact" This is how Aida treats Bellri from episodes 3 through ~9

>>13904366
G-Reco isn't for everyone. It is, like 0079, social commentary on a contemporary issue, in this case, the ignorance of people in power who've never fought in a war, as well as the apathy of the youth who feel they can't do anything to change their political/social structure.

It has fantastic artwork, actually animated backgrounds (rather than static frames), a ton of effort put into the movement of the characters, and much more subdued, layered dialog than we normally get in children's shows. Thus, people don't seem to get it. I personally think it's the best written and best animated anime since at least Turn A, but clearly there are those who disagree.
>>
>>13904366
Starting from Episode 22, yes. Before that are hit or miss. (I would say misses outnumber hits.)
>>
Worth it just for the pretty visuals imo. Like Unicorn but a TV production
>>
>>13908808
You're seeing depth in a latrine, son. This is all shit even mediocre western live action doesn't even have to think about including because everything you've listed (backhanded compliments for fuck heads you need kept around for one) is something you learn in middle school creative writing. Quite literally almost an elementary device. G-reco merely manages to combine basic storytelling principles with neat looking animation and too many fights for its own good.
>>
>>13904366
I enjoyed the clever worldbuilding, character interaction and political hi-jinks. It also looks absolutely beautiful. One of my favorite gundam shows.
>>
>>13908808
>It's not so straightforward as, "I like character A"; rather it's nuanced, "I dislike character A, but require his assistance to accomplish a task, and thus I'll backhandedly compliment him while not maintaining eye contact

Woah, it's almost like he did something to aggrieve her for some reason.

What novel storytelling.
>>
>>13908842
>G-reco merely manages to combine basic storytelling principles with neat looking animation
That would still put it heads and shoulders above the vast majority of shows that come out a season

>middle school creative writing. Quite literally almost an elementary device
So what you are saying is western anime viewers can't keep up with tricks used in middle school writing? Says a lot about shows they do watch
>>
Can there ever be a G-Reco thread where people stop pretending to be master thespians with bruised egos? Almost every single one just derails into a bunch of non-sequiturs, namecalling and baiting.

Then there's that one guy from /a/ who's still forcing fanbase wars.
>>
>>13909087
>Almost every single one just derails into a bunch of non-sequiturs, namecalling and baiting.
Or an excuse to post Aida
>>
>>13909098
At least I can jack off to that. I can't get off to walls of text that just amount to
>Everything is shit!
or
>It's fine and you're retarded!

Just not my fetish.
>>
File: 48378943_p0.jpg (220KB, 1024x950px) Image search: [Google]
48378943_p0.jpg
220KB, 1024x950px
>>13909098
>Or an excuse to post Aida
DID YOU SAY POST AIDA?
>>
>>13908869
>neat looking animation
>That would still put it heads and shoulders above the vast majority of shows that come out a season
Animation is the most important aspect in anime, given how much time is invested in it and how much work is (or isn't) done by the animators, so by that I don't disagree. Even though it's the most important part though, it isn't the only. Look at Bones for an example of great looking hits and misses.

>So what you are saying is western anime viewers can't keep up with tricks used in middle school writing
I mean, that still doesn't make G-reco sophisticated.
>>
File: HERE I GO AGAIN.gif (1MB, 380x282px) Image search: [Google]
HERE I GO AGAIN.gif
1MB, 380x282px
>>13904366
>>
>>13909103
You must be new.
>>
>>13909141
Is masturbating to these an acquired taste or is it like Futa where you either love it or hate it?
>>
File: aida lingerie.png (215KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
aida lingerie.png
215KB, 600x800px
>>13909120
AIDA HIME OF A DEMOCRATIC NATION
>>
>>13909136
He's not implying that G-Reco is sophisticated though. The only attempts that do can all be found as copypasta on /a/ or /m/'s archive.
>>
>>13909151
See >>13908808
I'm pretty sure he is.
>>
>>13909136
Anon the only people claiming that are obvious shitposts. Greco is well written, and much better that the drivel people obsess over a season

You want to claim well nothing is does is that crazy, you still have to face that most western anime fans struggled to understand it which again says a lot about other shows. Someone post that youtube comment where the guy didn't even consider "the earth is not square" could be an idiom, that is the levels we are talking about here

>>13909168
not even the same guy, he isn't even saying that just that it is better writing than we normally get
>>
File: 47019698_p0.jpg (256KB, 580x570px) Image search: [Google]
47019698_p0.jpg
256KB, 580x570px
>>13909147
Aida was busted by Cahil, Noredo is the true hotness
>>
>>13909186
As an avid foodie I agree.
>>
File: 54264245_p1_master1200.jpg (85KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
54264245_p1_master1200.jpg
85KB, 400x400px
>>13909189
check you privileges
>>
>>13909192
You looked really sweet but apparently you're a spicy dish.
>>
File: the best meats in the back.webm (1MB, 682x384px) Image search: [Google]
the best meats in the back.webm
1MB, 682x384px
>>13909203
>you will never have succulent noredo buns
>>
>>13909181
>you still have to face that most western anime fans struggled to understand it which again says a lot about other shows
Sure, I agree, and yeah if you read any news you'd realize the majority of people are really lacking in intelligence. Which raises the question as to why the recofags can't simply ignore these retards instead of trying to proselytize their show, if they are so intelligent as to understand the finer nuances of...elementary storytelling? What's to be proud of?
Jack off to the animation, but the storytelling is really simplistic.

As to the retards that think Reco has bad animation, well wew.
>>
File: 46620982_p0.png (775KB, 628x629px) Image search: [Google]
46620982_p0.png
775KB, 628x629px
>>13909218
>why the recofags can't simply ignore these retards
Because when people spam an idea enough and no one responds people start to believe it and say there aren't any answers

Like how you are saying a show isn't well written cause it uses a technique learnt at an early age, I guess all books with accurate spelling as are bad then as well. No, Greco uses show don't tell very well which is important to a visual medium. When most anime also fails to do this then that is worthy of praise
>>
>>13909218
It's 4chan, people will argue over anything. That and being that we're all anonymous it's incredibly easy to make a board seem like a hivemind through samefagging or attempting to silence dissenting opinions or completely removing dissenting opinions and making hugbox hate/praise threads.
>>
>>13908808

No amount of pose and pantomime is going to tell me why a given character is on the Megafauna instead of being literally anywhere else, Anon.

You are right. Greco put a lot of detail into some subtle stuff. Its gets an A for effort. But that does not somehow erase the fact that the big stuff, like presentation of the plot and characterization, is a convoluted mess.

Game of Thrones has twice as many characters scattered about with multiple layers of backstabbing and betrayal, but no one ends up feeling lost while watching it. Greco's story is significantly simpler, but its told in such a way that the most common complaint is that the audience feels lost.

There comes a point where that stops being the fault of the audience. If its just a handful of people not paying attention, thats one thing. If its half the people that watch the show, then the show fucked up, no argument, end of line. The show has one job: to tell a story, and they failed to do that in a digestable way.

This isn't to say that the story of Greco isn't good once you get past the rough telling, but there is no story that cannot be ruined be the execution. And that's where Greco crashed and burned.

If it jived with you, that's fine. But don't pretend that there is nothing wrong with the shellfish if 4/10 people at the table are throwing up after eating it. That's not a coincidence.
>>
>>13909236
>No, Greco uses show don't tell very well which is important to a visual medium.

Objection. It uses show don't tell. If it was using show don't tell well, much less 'very well', we wouldn't be having a problem.

Show don't tell, used well, means that the information is clearly conveyed and no one gets left behind because they missed the important of what was being shown, which is a matter of composition and conveyance.

Too many people felt lost during Greco to say it was a good example of showing rather than telling. By definition, if it was a good use of that approach then people wouldn't have been lost.
>>
>>13909273
>is going to tell me why a given character is on the Megafauna instead of being literally anywhere else, Anon.
Everyone from Ameria is there because it is a military vessel (which they claimed to be taken apart) which they are using to fake being pirates
Bellri is there because of Aida, to spy on the ship and to hopefully gain more knowledge on the G-self + Raraiya
Noredo is there because she likes Bellri and was told to keep Raraiya safe
Raraiya was taken along with them and wishes to stay with the G-Self
Kerbes + Capital Guard are there as they no longer trust the capital army and wish to work with the crew to find out more on the situation
Ringo was captured and not really caring about Dorette wants to bone Raraiya
The resistance want feel the need to serve the airs to the house but also want to get their hands on more technology

That was easy
>>
>>13909303

Cool. What incredibly nuanced use of hand motion and body language told you all of that?
>>
>>13909292
>no one gets left behind
if this is your parameters then nearly nothing is well written. If all it takes is one idiot to say I don't get it then you could say anything is bad. The real test it can information be understood by watching the actions, framing, expression etc. The answer is yes because those things need to understand a scene are present and not as crazy fast and indecipherable as you make out

However, if you want to go down the roads of well so many people must get it otherwise it is bad then lets look at sales data.

Gundam G no Reconquista 2014 Fall 9,012
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
22 76,419 Gundam: Reconguista in G
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-29/top-selling-animation-in-japan-on-blu-ray-disc-dvd-by-series-2015/.97049

This shows a large amount of people did get it because those are very good numbers, especially for a show on at 2am
>>
>>13909330

We learned that Noreda was there to protect Raraiya because she wore her hat on the left side instead of the right, and because of the color of her dress.

Tomino is a master like that.
>>
File: 1450234795184.jpg (148KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450234795184.jpg
148KB, 750x900px
>>13909330
Well shitpostkun instead of going through every character and taking 5 posts that you wouldn't read anyway I'll just go with Bellri

We see him stare at Aida, he acts overly friendly to her and goes out his way to help her
We see Bellri sneak around the ship, when in questioning he instead asks things back in a cocky manner doing his smug face
Bellri shows pursued interest in the G-self throughout the series, he gets very annoyed when they slap on a new backpack he knows nothing about and sees it as something his parents made for him to carry out what he thinks

Unfortunately though Greco is shit because he just says stuff about Raraiya and Towasanga. 3/10 did you even try Tomino?
>>
>>13909330
>>13909337
you're just making yourself look stupid now come on
>>
>>13909333
>The real test it can information be understood by watching the actions, framing, expression etc. The answer is yes because those things need to understand a scene are present and not as crazy fast and indecipherable as you make out

If this is your parameter then nearly nothing is badly written. If all it takes is one person to say that the message is clear then if no one else the person that made it will say it is good.

Obviously absolutist definitions don't exist, and the true answer is somewhere in the middle.

I hold writers to a high standard. So if I am given an audience and half of them gets it while the other half is lost, I blame the creator because they failed to grab that lost half of the audience. 5% of people not getting it is one thing, 20% is a rough time, anything more than 30% means you fucked up telling the story.

From the sound of things, int he same situation, you would rather blame the audience and praise the creator. Assuming, of course, that you are part of the half of the audience that 'gets it'.
>>
>>13909357

> topic is multiple characters who are given no development and rushed presentation
> disputes that by citing the character with the single most amount of screen time and development

No dice.
>>
>>13909367
So, you want us to talk about Ringo? You could have just said so, yeah he is a shit character with no presentation or development.
>>
>>13909330
>use of hand motion and body language told you all of that
>>13909367
>topic is multiple characters who are given no development and rushed presentation
Not really shitpostkun, seems like you are changing argument on the fly

You want another one though?
Noredo never says she loves bellri, she follows him around, looked after him when he was upset, had nobell as a present for his graduation and looks for him/cries when he leaves

But again the show is ruined as she has a line of dialogue saying she was told to look after Raraiya, it's a shame we never saw the character go through a depressed period after she gets better feeling she no longer has worth until she pushes herself to find something to do which fits nicely with the shows theme. 1/8 Tomino's career is over
>>
>>13904366
Yes. At least this way you'll know why you're pretending to fling hate at it.

It is also the prettiest Gundam show.
>>
>>13909404
>No amount of pose and pantomime is going to tell me why a given character is on the Megafauna instead of being literally anywhere else, Anon.

No, that actually was his argument, if you could read.
>>
>>13909411
>why a given character is on the Megafauna instead of being literally anywhere else
But I literally did that here >>13909303 >>13909404 >>13909357 . And that is not about no development, that is about how development is shown

Do you fancy responding to any of these points? Cause it seems rather shitpostery to ask a lot but do nothing in return
>>
>>13909414

I would respond to them, if I was the guy you're talking to and not someone who spoke to you solely out of a desire to illustrate that he was indeed talking about multiple characters.
>>
>>13909414

You seem to be having the wrong conversation, mate. You keep cutting off the first half of the sentence and pretending that the last part is the only thing that matters, and he is responding because he thinks you are talking about the actual argument, not just some of the words he used.
>>
>>13909423
So do you fancy making a point instead of shitposting

>was indeed talking about multiple characters.
And I did that first time, then with no effort he wished me to list every character and everything they have shown. Seems like more a shitposting tactic to put someone off responding. Even then I have shown two characters yet still no response

>>13909427
Cause I can respond to the whole point without quoting it all. Those 3 replies are about how characterisation is shown through action, yet no one seems to want to respond on actual points now
>>
File: 1453840038705.jpg (597KB, 888x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453840038705.jpg
597KB, 888x1000px
>>13904366
You tell me.
>>
File: 1446074178160.jpg (84KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
1446074178160.jpg
84KB, 600x847px
>>13909450
>>
>>13909438
>So do you fancy making a point instead of shitposting
>Telling you what he was talking about is shitposting

Go fuck yourself, buddy.
>>
>>13909450
>>13909454

Your poorly written and designed waifu is not reason enough to sit through the incoherent shitfest that is G-Reco.
>>
>>13909564
Slow day on /a/, Valvrager? You're hitting every IBO and G-Reco thread right now.
>>
>>13909577

>some guy calls my waifu shit
>MUST be valvrager

Fuck you Valvrager, you're not going to deflect your well deserved animosity onto me.

And Aida is still a stupid fucking character.
>>
>>13909589
Might want to channel that anger into a hobby, Valvrager.
>>
>>13909365
So your way of judging isn't the actual content of the show
It isn't the actual units sold showing people understood and enjoyed it
It's that the very few people in the west who watched it didn't like it thus it must be badly written?

No,you haven't even support your statement (the amount who viewed it in the west is tiny, post count on sites like MAL and low youtube views show that) like I did with sales and even if you did that still doesn't actually address the content of the show. Even if it hadn't sold very well do you know how many shows aren't well received at the time and go on to be very popular? A fuck load, public opinion changing did not change the quality of that show or movie as nothing in it changed.

You aren't holding anything to high standard
>>
>>13909564
>G-Reco
>incoherent
Better fix that ADHD of yours asap anon.
>>
>>13909236
and back
I never said it wasn't well written though. It's merely adequate. It shouldn't be praiseworthy that a show is up to scratch in the writing department, editing and animation are vastly more important. Reco nails one, but kinda flounders on the editing, which (I really don't know how, but I guess I can fathom how it) makes it difficult for some people to understand.
>>
>>13904366
WATCH AND MAKE UR OWN FKING OPINION
>>
>>13909564
noredofag pls
>>
File: CZuntMnUUAE8MD9.jpg (93KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CZuntMnUUAE8MD9.jpg
93KB, 725x1024px
Thread needs more Mick Jack.
>>
>>13911773
>up to scratch
But is does better than most so that isn't just up to scratch. You are badly trying to belittle it by saying the technique is learnt young

>I really don't know how
Then you really shouldn't comment
>>
File: COop8WSVAAE2KrQ.jpg:orig.jpg (47KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
COop8WSVAAE2KrQ.jpg:orig.jpg
47KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>13912154
If most tings aren't up to snuff, and it is, that doesn't make it better than the level of adequacy, it makes it better than what isn't good. Unless you're lowering the bar for what acceptable standards are. In which case, that's unfortunate.

>Then you really shouldn't comment
What? All I'm saying is I don't understand how someone can't follow G-Reco despite some of it's editing problems.
>>
>>13904366
>Worth watching?

Why do you want to torture yourself?
>>
>>13912169
>Unless you're lowering the bar for what acceptable standards are
No, you have. You want to say stuff like up to scratch or only elementary level then you view a work compared to it's peers and it is above them. Even outside anime most movies, tv shows and whatever other visual mediums do struggle with show don't tell. Thus you trying to belittle this point fails

My point is it does something very well, in this thread I have given examples of it doing so. No mater how you keep rephrasing your point it still won't stick

>despite some of it's editing problems
And here you go again. You don't really know what you are on about but heard there was one bit in the Dellensen fight which was weird so are trying to use that as a bigger point.
>>
>>13912199
>you view a work compared to it's peers
Except, I'm the one arguing against doing that.
>>13912154
>But is does better than most so that isn't just up to scratch
>>13912199
>You don't really know what you are on about

I don't even mind broken up fights. Like the Banshee capturing the Unicorn, big deal. That's a conscious directorial choice, I don't think it's the greatest, but whatever, it works.

When you have a show that hits a roadblock toward the end and stops rather abruptly, because the staff needed to do a better job fitting their story into the constraints, that's bad editing.

I like G-Reco, so I don't know why you're so agitated. The show as a whole is above average, but the writing, really isn't.
>>
>>13904366
Worth watch it just for Tsukame Puraido.
https://youtu.be/PXWkyRwirlk
>>
The whole show is complete trash. Unless you analyze the episodes like its your job you'll have no idea what is going on. Skip it unless you are a completionist. Put it on while you do something else and periodically stop to watch the mecha fights. It'll be the same if you sit there watching it anyways.
>>
>>13919258
Not everyone has a 2 digit IQ anon.
>>
>>13919264
And here is the go to G-Reco defense as usual. Pretty pathetic.
>>
>>13919268
>getting upset for being called out for your stupidity
It's okay. The show actually isn't hard to understand if you watch it.
>>
>>13919280
>Being upset I called your favorite show garbage

If you like to shovel shit down your throat you go ahead, but if someone asks i'm going to advise them not to do it.
>>
File: greco.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
greco.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>show don't tell
People keep praising the show for doing this, but I remember moments of painful exposition from before I dropped it halfway in. Like this Kuntala explaining what a Kuntala is to the other Kuntala right next to him (this is Mask's squad, they're all Kuntala). It's a scene that doesn't make sense and is only there as explanation to the viewer.
Another thing that made me drop the show was how disconnect the character often seemed to be from the situation at hand. Like that time some of them just landed on an island in the middle of a battle and chilled for a little bit. I thought the battled had ended since everyone was so relaxed, then the camera pans up and shit's still going on right above their heads. What the fuck was that? Shit like that really takes you out of the show.
>>
File: 1420828438846.jpg (89KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420828438846.jpg
89KB, 960x720px
>>13908808
>This is what happens when people don't pay attention.
What happens when a show doesn't reward you for paying attention? I mean for all that the series bends over backwards to deliberately confuse the viewers by obscuring important information, the payoff is not nearly good enough for the effort one puts into it to try to grasp what the fuck goes on in that convoluted mess.
>>
>>13909382
>yeah he is a shit character with no presentation or development.

How is he any worse than Raraiya or Noredo?
>>
>>13909600
>It's that the very few people in the west who watched it didn't like it thus it must be badly written?

Majority of Nips didn't like it either. It's very telling that IBO has generated more fanart than Trainwrecko.
>>
>>13919349
That was my main problem with G-Reco. There was ZERO tension.
>>
File: 1454362783655.jpg (67KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1454362783655.jpg
67KB, 540x405px
>>13909186
>>13909192
THE NUGGEST
>>
File: BasedMotherfucker.png (590KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
BasedMotherfucker.png
590KB, 1276x720px
Reminder that this faggot trying to create a huge conflict between the Earthnoids, Moon people and Venus Globe.

Because mankind are too lazy and decadent.
>>
>>13904366
no just no it makes seed look like a goddamn masterpiece
>>
>>13909087
there was a couple of G Reco generals near the end of its run and they were really peaceful.
>>
>>13919407
>How is he any worse than Raraiya or Noredo?
Those two actually had some modicum of importance and actually did things in the show, Anon.
Are you forgetting the first 10 episodes are strictly about Capital Army 'rescuing' Bellri, Noredo and Raraiya and capturing the G-Self? They say it about every other episode.

The fact that Raraiya was literally the only one on the ship who knew anything about Towasanga. She's also used to introduce a new set of minor characters who in turn reveal Bellri, Aida and the G-Selfs origins.

Noredo is Bellri's childhood friend and is in love with him, she plays into the dynamic between Bellri, Aida and herself as a triangle of unrequited love.
Also, Noredo at the very least had very minor development due to her attachment to Raraiya, the fact that Raraiya got better and that she was now useless. You can refer to the scene where Raraiya is first taking out the Moran and she keeps trying to find excuses to stop her. She also helped steal and later piloted the G-Lucifer. Which in one episode literally kept the battle where Rockpie died from getting worse, Mashner says so herself in that same episode. Noredo was the one doing the shooting.
>inb4 But they didn't kill anyone until the last episode!
Neither did Ringo. Who's introduced as some Dorette Fleet soldier that got captured, mutters a few lines about Raraiya and the Dorette fleet then drop it entirely to play comic relief with Kerbes and their pining over the new Raraiya who immediately to tries assert that she isn't some useless retard and a capable pilot as soon as she's well enough.

You could replace Ringo with a random dude on the Megafauna and get the same effect. He doesn't even bring the perspective of a Dorette Fleet soldier working within the system and finding fault with their plans which was expected of him. He's a criminally underutilized character in my opinion but at least he killed that haughty jackass, Jugan.
>>
>>13921207
>The fact that Raraiya was literally the only one on the ship who knew anything about Towasanga.
Yeah too bad she was a brain-dead retard who was obsessed with a fish and its poop. They could have easily met the Resistance people without her.

>Who's introduced as some Dorette Fleet soldier that got captured, mutters a few lines about Raraiya and the Dorette fleet then drop it entirely to play comic relief with Kerbes and their pining over the new Raraiya who immediately to tries assert that she isn't some useless retard and a capable pilot as soon as she's well enough. You could replace Ringo with a random dude on the Megafauna and get the same effect. He doesn't even bring the perspective of a Dorette Fleet soldier working within the system and finding fault with their plans which was expected of him. He's a criminally underutilized character in my opinion but at least he killed that haughty jackass, Jugan.

You can literally say the same thing about both Noredo and Raraiya. Both are comic relief characters which are useless and could be replaced by anyone else and almost nothing changes. Oh Noredo is involved in the triangle of unrequited love that goes nowhere! Wow, amazing, that's one thing the show could not have worked without, huh? Oh she helped steal a mech with three minutes of screentime! That totally warrants all the screentime wasted on her, right?
>>
>>13904366
worth cause this is masterpiece of mankind
>>
File: girl power g reco.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
girl power g reco.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
>>13904366

Yes, it's basically wacky 70's Tomino in 2015.

Also, god tier waifus.
>>
It had some pretty good animation. I don't think a single gundam scene has gotten me as hype as when the High Torque debuted with its wrestling/boxing moves.
>>
>>13921486
>High Torque episode
Balling.
>>
This is no Onee-sama incest. Bellri a shit.
>>
>>13919349
>IT DOESN'T EXPLAIN ANYTHING!!!11!!!
People keep complaining the show for doing this.
>>
>>13921207
>He doesn't even bring the perspective of a Dorette Fleet soldier working within the system and finding fault with their plans which was expected of him.
He actually does, it is thanks to the info he gave them that they can enter Towasanga.
>>
Question: Is the audience supposed to approve of Noredo and Raraiya blowing up a spaceship and killing hundreds of people in the last episode?
>>
>>13921866
Yes?
>>
>>13921866
>spaceships
>having people
It's like you don't watch mecha shows.

Everyone knows that only the MC's spaceship has people on it.
>>
>>13921409
It's actually not the same if you have to rewrite several scenes. Where as with removing Ringo hardly anything is changed due to him having such little involvement already.
>>
>>13921866
Rule of Gundam;
If you're in a battleship you're not a person and are free game to be gibbed by an autistic teenager.
>>
>>13922945
IIRC, Ringo and Rosenthal were late additions to the story (Most likely the reason why Ringo doesn't appear in the ending cancan line up) and were added due to Tomino liking the voice actors. For sure that was the case for Rosenthal and his MS but I can't recall the reason for adding Ringo.
>>
>>13921866
>Those adults are treating this like some sort of toy!
It's bad to kill people but it's okay to kill evil adults, this is what I've learned from watching just about everything except for AGE.
>>
>>13922963
>Most likely the reason why Ringo doesn't appear in the ending cancan line up
A lot of characters don't show there. And for a good reason, they are more than 50.
>>
>>13922945
If you remove Raraiya you only have to rewrite how the G-self got to Earth, in other words the first minute of the show and that's it. As for Noredo... what changes again?
>>
>>13923217
The "capture" of G-Lucifer, at most.
>>
>>13923217
>>13923261
You'd be changing every scene in which those two characters are involved, which is a lot of stuff compared to Ringo not being around. Major events would flow the same but that's because they're not Bellri & Aida. We could exchange Raraiya and Noredo's screentime to restructure the show into something more digestible but even then it's not exactly or even almost the same is it?

I also still don't see how Raraiya and Noredo have no development, which was my initial point. You asked how they were any different from Ringo & I gave a very basic argument for them having presentation and development citing examples from within the show itself that you disregarded entirely because you didn't find it up to scratch. If they are no different from Ringo in the sense that they offered no viewpoint, had no development from when they were introduced and were only comic relief then explain how. I proposed swapping Ringo for someone else on the Megafauna, where as you want to remove two characters with a fair amount of screentime entirely and call it the same. I'll never call them well written or complex characters but they do in fact have development and have some root as either part of the backstory or plot, unlike Ringo IMO.
>>
>>13923870
>You'd be changing every scene in which those two characters are involved, which is a lot of stuff compared to Ringo not being around.

You mean rewriting the scenes to focus on actual relevant characters? Sounds good to me.

>I also still don't see how Raraiya and Noredo have no development.

Raraiya's development is moot. She goes from brain-dead retard to useless side character who does wacky antics.

And you're also saying Noredo has development?
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.