[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Del Toro says Tokusatsu is /m/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 23

File: best girl.jpg (720KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
720KB, 1280x720px
Del Toro says Tokusatsu is /m/
>>
>>13893459

The opinions of spics are irrelevant.
>>
>>13893459
Del Toro also made a shitty eva-clone movie, so I don't care.
>>
He also says he won't make Hellboy 3, but I think we could get him to do it.
>>
Toku series that have mecha elements in them are /m/. You know, like anime. You wouldn't say that "anime is /m/", or that it isn't. Some are, others aren't. Same goes for comics or games or live-action or anything.

I don't understand why this needs explaining.
>>
>>13893478

Because mostly trolls.
>>
File: smlive_-_001.jpg (75KB, 450x615px) Image search: [Google]
smlive_-_001.jpg
75KB, 450x615px
Sorry, but that blanket statement is wrong. Even if I like you Deltotaro
>>
We only discuss it here because it's got nowhere else to go

>inb4 /jp/, /tv/, or /trash/
>>
>>13893493
Not even lying dude,
>/jp/
>/tv/
It's superheroes
It's not anime
Post it on the right fucking boards
>>
>>13893495
>Not anime
Do you want this board to turn into /a/?
>>
>>13893503
It's not mecha either. And come on, we're basically /a/'s grungy older brother anyway.
>>
File: TOKU TO WA.png (306KB, 431x392px) Image search: [Google]
TOKU TO WA.png
306KB, 431x392px
Del Toro is unfortunately right. The cancer cannot be excised, so we might as well go with it.
>>
>>13893506

Grungy younger brother, you mean.
>>
>>13893510
The one that still lives with mum, at least
>>
Fuck, now you've opened Pandora's Box
>>
del toro also liked greco, so who gives a shit what that fat fuck thinks.
>>
>>13893511

I'm fairly certain both siblings still live with their mother, in this case.
>>
File: 1434807679239.jpg (30KB, 468x248px) Image search: [Google]
1434807679239.jpg
30KB, 468x248px
>>13893495
>/jp/
Please no, we already have enough with idolshit everywhere, tokushit would break what little peace we have.
>>
>>13893471
>eva-clone movie
It's not even remotely similar to Eva, watch it before you accidentally make a retarded shitpost again
>>
>>13893459
I'm really upset with this thread.

I'll say it since you jaded fucks won't.

>SAUCE?
>>
>>13893471
eva was a shitty mazinger ripoff

and so was pacific rim
>>
>>13893739
DICE Awards
>>
>>13893468
This.

They aren't welcome here.
>>
>>13893745
Eva is nothing like Mazinger and Pacific Rim is nothing like either of them outside of having brawling robots

Fucking retard, confirmed for not watching 2/3 or less of the things you are trying to talk about
>>
>>13893771
>Eva is nothing like Mazinger
>god or devil shit
>Eva/Z is a monster
>literally based on Mazinger
>>
>>13893776
>he didn't see the documentary where Anno straight up says Eva is directly based on Ultraman/toku and Devilman
Uneducated retard 100% confirmed, kill yourself.

>Z is a monster
No it's not, it's a machine. Confirmed you know nothing about Mazinger you inbred piece of shit.

>god or devil shit
Yeah that's something completely unique to the medium of anime/manga, Mazinger and Eva also feature robots with red colors - HOLY SHIT! COINCIDENCE OR CLONE?!
>>
File: mazinger z is a monster.jpg (114KB, 800x1262px) Image search: [Google]
mazinger z is a monster.jpg
114KB, 800x1262px
>>13893790
>he didn't see the documentary where Anno straight up says Eva is directly based on Ultraman/toku and Devil
You mean the one where Anno said that even though Evangelions are based on Mazinger, they're more of an Ultraman chracter, and talks about mecha design?

>No it's not, it's a machine.
Pic related

>Yeah that's something completely unique to the medium of anime/manga,
The theme of a mecha specifically being designed to be a god or a devil is not nearly as a common as a mecha that just happens to be strong enough to be on par with a god or a devil.
>>
>>13893790
>He didn't read the interview where Anno said he took a lot of cues from Mazinger for Eva.

>No it's not, it's a machine
>What is a metaphor
You're retarded.

Kill yourself.

>Yeah that's something completely unique to the medium of anime/manga
It's actually unique to Mazinger you retard. That's literally how the name came to be.

Ma = Demon
Jin = God

Majinga = Demon God.

Kill yourself retarded Evafag.
>>
>>13893807
>he called it a monster in this thing I saw before lol
You fucking don't know that Mazinger Z is a machine and you are still posting trying to act like you have some sort of argument. You are straight up admitting you have zero knowledge about the franchise yet you are still trying to school me. In reality you've dug yourself in a hole that there is no getting out of and everyone here that knows about these series knows you are a newfag retard. In all likelihood you have not seen or read any Mazinger material at all, and have not seen Pacific Rim. You have no place in this conversation.

>>13893819
>Ma = Demon
>Jin = God
Wow, such knowledge of the japan lingual, clearly you know your stuff.
>It's actually unique to Mazinger you retard
Especially the part where you are too much of a dumb cock sucking faggot that you don't realize Nagai's Mao Dante and Devilman explored these concepts before Mazinger and he was exploring the already developed ideas further. This is not a concept unique to Nagai's work, Mazinger, anime, or media and stories in general before the existence of cartoons.

Get the fuck out of these threads children, you are not wanted and will only be shit on when you try to act like you know what you are talking about from reading wikipedia. Educate yourselves before posting or you will be made a fool of again and again.
>>
>>13893841
> Educate yourselves before posting or you will be made a fool of again and again.
*tips fedora*
>>
>there are people in this thread right now that defend that spic and his eva clone movie
ebin
>>
>>13893478
This. Unfortunately, so many of them that are discussed here have nothing to do with /m/, but they refuse to just fuck off.
>>
>>13893891
>there are people in this thread right now that reply to topics they have no knowledge about and make it hugely obvious but think no one will notice
truly ebin
>>
>>13893904
If that warrants /m/ its own board, tokushit should get one and fuck off from here.
>>
>>13893841
>if I say something is unique, that means it's unique to the whole universe
What is context? I know what I perfectly meant.

The fact that you brought up Mao Dante and Devilman means you're the one who have no clue about what you're talking about. Devilman and Mao Dante are ultimately the good guys, and there is no duality like Mazinger's.
>>
>>13893913
It's too obscure to warrant it's own board. Toku series are basically the same as episodic super robot series and such so this is for sure the best place for the threads.

The rules are as such:
>All mecha and mecha-related (ex: pilots, core fighter, mecha girl, hobby model) images are allowed.

Basically all toku series are very much mecha related by definition in the same vein as something like Tekkaman would be, so even if you don't like it, this is the board it belongs in.

There is like 3-5 generals/threads about toku it's not a big deal.
>>
>>13893925
IF it's mecha related. If it's not, I don't care if it follows a formula. No mecha, not /m/. See: >>13893495
>>
>>13893925
I think Kamen Rider, Sentai, and Ultraman still belongs here. But Garo certainly didn't. It's more /a/ than /m/, really.
>>
>>13893922
>there is no duality like Mazinger's
Why do you keep posting when you haven't read this stuff?

To make it clear, you are making cringe tier posts like "lmao proto man inspired char, fuck off gundam fag", "gundam seed reinvented the franchise", "robotech isn't that bad and explores the concepts better than SDF", etc.

You are concentrated cancer of the worst order. Step up your game or fuck off already.
>>
>>13893510
>He thinks there are still people on /a/ that aren't complete newfags
>>
>>13893949
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: robot is behind the times.png (96KB, 984x291px) Image search: [Google]
robot is behind the times.png
96KB, 984x291px
No fighting.
>>
File: manifesto.png (72KB, 1298x365px) Image search: [Google]
manifesto.png
72KB, 1298x365px
>>
>>13893459
Eh, its as valid as citing the mod's definition of tokusatsu.
>>
>>13893478
>I don't understand why this needs explaining.
People here are too retarded to look up the definition of the word "tokusatsu". and a mod getting it wrong doesnt help either.
>>
>>13893468
amuro is a spic so fuck off /pol/
>>
>>13893478
>>13895122
The problem is that the mods think because Super Sentai has a robot mascot, all live action superhero shows should be allowed on /m/.
>>
>>13895124
>Spic
>Japanese-Canadian
>>
>>13895173
Live action shows full of cyborgs, robots, power armour and giant robots aren't /m/?

>Some are magical, not scientific

Well we're just going to have to push away Escaflowne and other magically powered robots as well too aren't we?
>>
>>13895228
>Live action shows full of cyborgs... power armour and giant robots aren't /m/?
No need to be disengenuous-- the answer really is "no."
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>13895280
They're /m/.
>>
>>13895298
If it has robots or power armor, yes it's /m/. Not all tokusatsu has any /m/ related stuff, yet it's open season to post any toku stuff whatsoever here. That can be annoying, and that's coming from someone that likes the stuff.
>>
>>13895318
I think most of the stuff that gets healthy discussion here is /m/. Anything else will only get lumped together when an obscure tokusatsu thread shows up.
>>
>>13895401
>I think most of the stuff that gets healthy discussion here is /m/.
Garo, Kamen Rider, and Sailor Moon aren't /m/.
>>
>>13895413
>Kamen Rider
Cyborgs and Power Armor

I agree with you on Garo and Sailor Moon, though
>>
What's wrong with Toku? I mean this board is slow as hell anyways. I originally just came here for mecha, but I actually started watching some Toku and i've enjoyed it.
>>
>>13895413
Fair enough on Garo, but I disagree about Kamen Rider.

Also, didn't Sailor Moon threads die years ago?
>>
>>13895429
Spergs take offence to it for some reason.
>>
>>13895429
It's LIVE ACTION. Nothing LIVE ACTION CAN EVER BE /M/ REEEEEEEE!
>>
>>13895440
Could have sworn I saw one only a few months ago.
>>
>>13894999
This blatant Toku shilling needs to go.
>>
>>13895470
>One
>A few months ago
>A problem
>>
>>13895429
Nothing , supposing that it has a strong emphasis on /m/. If you want to argue bugmen should be allowed, I'll accept because power armor lol, but shit that isn't /m/ should go to /tv/ or /jp/
>>
Symphogear especially needs to go. It doesn't mesh well at all with all the other manliness on /m/. We have badass gundam pilots like Amuro, Kamille, Kira. Super Sentai rangers kicking ass alongside Kamen Rider and Garo. And then we come to Symphogear. Like what even is this shit doing here? A bunch of girls singing songs or something? Not /m/anly at all. That shit belongs on /a/ with pella magic madorka or w/e those weeb losers call it.
>>
File: 1455510142483-1.jpg (72KB, 236x284px) Image search: [Google]
1455510142483-1.jpg
72KB, 236x284px
>>13895510
>>
>>13895475
It is when we only have like 10 threads a month, dickhead.
>>
>>13895510
It's funny because you can tell this bait was written by someone from /sgg/ itself
>>
>>13895518
But that's wrong.
>>
>>13895429
It turned /m/ into /mg/ - Mecha/Generals because everyone copied /ssg/ and /krg/
>>
File: 1455692870696.png (114KB, 232x269px) Image search: [Google]
1455692870696.png
114KB, 232x269px
>>13895516
lemme upgrade ya
>>
>>13895538
Didn't those happen pretty much due to people getting upset over the amount of threads made over every new episode?
>>
File: vlcsnap-error845.png (409KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error845.png
409KB, 720x480px
>>13893841
You are correct but you should take a breather.
>>
>>13893459
Kamen Rider is /m/
Super Sentai is /m/
Ultraman isn't /m/
Garo isn't /m/
Kaiju films aren't /m/ unless they're mecha-Kaiju or are fought by mecha
>>
>maybe _this_ time I throw a fagfit over what I don't like the mods will listen!
>>
>>13895573
>Ultraman isn't /m/

What about the mecha monsters and the obligatory Science Patrol-like team's arsenal?
>>
File: SkyMuskety.png (87KB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
SkyMuskety.png
87KB, 400x238px
>>13895573
>Ultraman isn't /m/
The Ultras themselves aren't, but you could argue that the Vehicles are considering the amount of combining shit they've done for the past decade or so.
>>
>>13895573
>Super Sentai
>franchise with giant combining robots isn't /m/
Dangerously retarded.
>>
>>13895587
Bro, he said it was /m/
>>
>>13895582
Is that a fucking Toyota?
>>
>>13895595
Yes. It can combine with patrol vehicles.
>>
File: toddlersatsu entertainment.webm (3MB, 440x250px) Image search: [Google]
toddlersatsu entertainment.webm
3MB, 440x250px
>>13895429
Look at this webm. Literally Nick Jr. tier entertainment for toddlers. The fact of the matter is that all tokufags are manchildren who get excited by bright colored lights and the shit-tier Jap acting where they make epic funny faces.
Tokushit is not /m/ because robots rarely appear in them and the focus is on fags dressed in costumes. Only anime and manga can be /m/.
When Macross was brought to the US, it was a mature story that could be enjoyed by all generations. Tokushit like Power Rangers, however, was rightfully only seen as a kids show. I know some butt hurt tokufag will say "but mecha anime is for kids too!" but this is not true. Gundam, VOTOMS, and Layzner are mature stories and have violence and boobies in them. A challenge to tokufags: Name a tokushit plot as interesting as Char's story in Gundam 0079.
/m/ is generally considered one of the most attractive boards on this site. This is because of the Gundam fans. If you look up pictures of any tokufag cosplaying or fan meetup, they are all fat and/or ugly as fuck. There are also many SJWs in the tokufag community, probably because Powershit was one of the greatest examples of forced diversity bullshit. This is a cancer the /m/ community does not need.
The bottom line is that tokufags are ADHD autismo manchildren and tokushit is not /m/.
>>
>>13893468
Fuuuck off /pol/
>>13893471
It's not like Evangelion at all, idiot.
>>
File: kamenridergetout.gif (458KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
kamenridergetout.gif
458KB, 200x150px
>>13895609
The last thing we need is the /m/ version of Barneyfag
>>
>>13895619
He's mostly right though.

Apart from
>Only anime and manga can be /m/.
>>
>>13895609
> Char's story
> interesting

You had me until then.
>>
>>13895621
Maybe, but the fucker didn't need to write a fucking essay to say that shit.
>>
>>13895624
Perhaps not, but were Tokushit actually getting banned, you'd probably be writing essays ranting against the deletions instead of just fucking off to /tv/ or /jp/ like you should, and should already be doing tbqvwyiydmms.
>>
File: This actually isn't a spoiler.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
This actually isn't a spoiler.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>13895609
Go watch Kamen Rider Faiz.
>>
>>13893701
I know it must get annoying when people with a surface-level understanding of mecha over-exaggerate Eva's similarity to Pacific Rim, but saying they're not remotely similar is too ridiculous of a response.

People seem to think
>those idiots think PacRim's an Eva clone because they both have giant robots. By that logic, PacRim's a Gundam clone.
or
>those idiots think PacRim's an Eva clone because they both have giant robots fighting monsters. By that logic, PacRim's a Getter Robo clone.
But the comparison is a little deeper than those.

It's giant robots vs. monsters, where the giant robots are controlled by a brain-machine interface, and in order to effectively pilot the robot you need to have your psychological issues in order. (The compatibility between pilots is pretty similar to Eva's sync ratio.) The Jaegers are on a similar scale to Evas; yes, I'm aware the Eva's scale is inconsistent, but we're talking bigger than a usual MS or a VF, skyscraper-sized. The organizational structure of the PPDC and the way the Jaegers are deployed from the Hong Kong HQ are similar to Nerv's structure and the way the Evas are sent out from Central Dogma. (Even if Nerv was still paramilitary while the PPDC is pointedly non-military, with Rangers and a Marshall.)

None of that is sufficient to call PacRim an Eva clone. But understand why the comparison is made, and don't flip out about it.

I haven't seen Getter Robo, I just used it as an example of robots vs. monsters because I saw its OP.) Don't see how that matters.

I don't have strong opinions on what is or isn't /m/, just so long as I can have a decent place to talk about whatever /m/ or /m/-adjacent stuff I happen to like. I can't remember any time a toku fan ever did anything to prevent that, I've never seen a post in a non-toku thread and went, "oh, that anon's definitely a toku fan/moralfag/spic." But then again I've only been here for a year or two, intermittently. Whatever.
>>
>>13895632
Are you trying to prove that Tokushit has abysmal production values and even something on the CW looks better?

Cause you succeeded.
>>
>>13895559
Exactly. People bitched because there were constantly a bevy of toku threads on the main page. Part of the reason for that, of course, is that there's a steady stream of it - Sentai and Kamen Rider just make one series after another. Most /m/-related anime franchises are lucky to get more than one series at all, let alone in close proximity, so it leaves us either talking about old shows or at the mercy of whatever's airing right now. If you have a main page full of 5 Rider threads and a smattering of various other things, well.

So people bitched enough that the toku franchises mostly keep it to one main thread at a time (apart from the odd release-notice thread here or there). And that was so successful that now people bitch about how bad an idea it was.
>>
>>13895642
>Are you trying to prove that Tokushit has abysmal production values and even something on the CW looks better?
There's no need to prove anything, it's common knowledge that toku is low budget and that's a part of the charm.
>>
>>13895645
I approve of generals, but only for board related shit.

>>13895650
>that's a part of the charm.
So what you're saying is you had to lower your standards to enjoy garbage?
>>
>>13895645
Really we need an Asian Live Action board.
>>
>>13895630
No, I'd be moving to where the discussion is because I'm not a raging autist
>>
>>13895654
If you can't enjoy good characters in a good story with some nice action, you probably shouldn't be on /m/ desu senpai.
>>
File: 150507-brandon-cw.jpg (87KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
150507-brandon-cw.jpg
87KB, 900x600px
>>13895642
> Something on the CW
You realize most CW shows are the very definition of toku, right?
>>
>>13895660
>nice action
Anon, we just got through discussing how bad Tokusatsu looks.

>>13895663
Yeah, and they're also shit? So what?
>>
>>13895666
Suit and monster designs don't have to be high quality for the show to have good action, faggot.
>>
>>13895666
So is everything discussed here. Old Gundam is complete shit cause its old. New Gundam is complete shit because whatever it just is. Evangelion, and TTGL are shit because they are popular. Mazinger is old outdated shit. Getter Robo is shit and outdated. Cross Ange complete shit. EVERYTHING IS SHIT. THERES NOT A SINGLE THING WE HAVEN'T CALLED SHIT AT SOME POINT.
>>
>>13895413
>Kamen Rider
>not /m/

Well obviously you haven't watched it and know nothing about it, why pretend to?
>>
>>13895669
I'm not even talking about that. I'm talking about how it's actually filmed. The camera work, choreography, and acting are all atrocious.
>>
>>13895655
I'm not sure that'd work, because instead of being a bastion for toku, it'd probably just be a bastion for the (far more popular) J and K dramas. It'd be as much a red-headed stepchild there as it would on /jp/ or /tv/. And for a lot of the same reasons.

Like it or not, the one place dedicated to kinds of themes and styles toku runs on is /m/, because they're the exact same sorts of eastern superhero things used in a lot of classic giant robot franchises.
>>
>>13895690
Boo hoo.
Thread watcher exists in [current year], there's no reason you can't just have your general pinned to it, and carry on browsing the rest of /m/. The difference is it wouldn't be promoting off topic discussion.

The presence of toku perpetuates the "is this /m?" retardation.
>>
>>13895650
man, I wish the production value in (recent) toku shows weren't pretty much "we made the special effects in a copy of Lightwave someone on the staff had lying around from fifteen years ago"
because there's a lot of genuinely cool bits that are really struggling under CG that even little kids would mock

there's other problems with toku as a genre, but this is one that sticks out to me more than anything

>>13895637
I never got the whole "Eva clone" thing, but you are right -- it clearly was made by people who watched and enjoyed Eva.

even if I remember reading that Del Toro himself hadn't seen Eva prior to the completion of the film, more than a few people on staff definitely did
>>
>>13895688
Saban jews everything in his Power Rangers adaptations and there's still japs that are in awe of it being so much fancier and more 'Hollywood' somehow.

There's also just a truckload of cultural and corporate differences involved, as to what their target audience expects and what they're willing to spend money on. For one thing, you don't see a lot of giant colorful swords in the Flash, now do you?
>>
>>13895706
Stupidity and boredom sustain it, nothing else. If toku disappeared tomorrow people would still do that shit constantly because /m/ is slow, self-conscious, and ridiculously easy to troll.
>>
>>13895719
Prove it.
>>
>>13895721
You're kidding, right? People still troll on the /m/ vs /mu/ thing. There's a couple fags that troll the Gunpla general so relentlessly all they need to do these days is post a 'what's in the box!' or a few crappy pics of bad builds. You really think 'is this /m/', as long a history as it has, will ever just go away?
>>
>>13895709
>but you are right -- it clearly was made by people who watched and enjoyed Eva.
Just for the record, my post didn't claim that it was made by people who watched and enjoyed Eva. Only that there are strong similarities, and someone's not an idiot for pointing that out. (Even if a lot of the people pointing it out happen to be idiots.) But the similarities could be coincidence or "cultural osmosis."

It's also interesting to look at how many Independence Day similarities there were.
>>
>>13895710
I don't watch much toku, but from what i've seen it seems to rely almost too much on special effects. They don't even have well choreographed fights anymore its just all special effects. Special effects are a given, but they seem to have replaced the actual fighting part that people enjoyed.

>first episode of zyuohger
>they all transform and immediately run into the enemies and use some cgi attacks to kill everyone
>red ranger appears and starts a cheesy flight battle that looked horrible.
>>
>>13893459
No he didn't. He probably doesn't even know /m/ exists.
>>
>>13895706
Bullshit. We still get threads about whether LoGH or Outlaw Star is /m/ or not.
>>
>>13895730
>>13895752
As expected, Tokufucks won't leave even for a single day.
>>
>>13895730
Hell, we still get some idiots posting the same damn mecca cube that has been posted for decades now.

>Is Mecca mecha? Hurdurr
>>
>>13895690
>jdrama
>far more popular than toku
That is not the case, at least not for the userbase of 4chan.
>>
>>13895510
Seriously though. Why is symphogeazr allowed on /m/ at all
>>
>>13895795
My guess is that blatantly not /m/ stuff that routinely gets a pass is because the mods like it. Same reason for why the board goes through phases where they go unchecked for awhile and delete opinionated posts they disagree with.
>>
>>13895795
In the first season they called it armor made by ancient science, so it got a pass. Seems like a mistake in hindsight. Also it wasn't a very /m/ season at the time.
>>
>>13895573
>Ultraman isn't /m/
>literally about a giant robot
Nigga
>>
File: akibaredhm.gif (999KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
akibaredhm.gif
999KB, 499x280px
>>13895822
>>
>>13895816
Kill la Kill had a similar thing going on and they still refused to allow that.

Not that I think threads about either of them belong here, but favorites are played when it comes to "borderline" stuff (which is pretty dumb if you think about it, I mean it either has robots or not).
>>
There are toku boards elsewhere.
Try actually looking around for once.
>>
>>13895637
The international team of giant robots is similar to the one found in Getter Robo Go.

>>13895736
HIS STAFF MAY HAVE SEEN EVA

BUT DEL TORO watched

Ultraman
Mazinger
Tetsujin 28th

as a kid.

Mazinger and the kaiju genrehas way more to do with pacific rim than eva. the similarities you talk about are superficial.
>>
>>13895637
>you need to have your psychological issues in order. (The compatibility between pilots is pretty similar to Eva's sync ratio.)
Which is something present in Getter Robo and other various super robot combiners.

The only people who say it's Eva are yanks.

Spics and marios are all calling it Mazinger. Just look at the spic articles that came prior to the movie's release. Del Toro is a spic too, not a yank.
>>
Toku and Godzilla belong on /jp/.

XCOM and Xenoblade Chronicles belong on /v/.

Star Wars belongs on /tv/.

Lineart and other drawthreads belong on /i/.

And so on and so forth.
>>
>>13895846
I've seen KLK threads on /m/, especially since it got /m/ as fuck towards the end.

>>13895795
>>13895811
>>13895816
Symphogear is /m/ because the bitches are covered in actual, visibly mechanical armor.
>>
>>13896228
Anime belongs on /a/
>>
>>13896228
Gunpla belongs on /toy/
>>
File: Bugs.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>>13895609
>Complaining about manchildren on 4chan
>He doesn't masturbate to Queen Kasumi

Feel free to leave this entire site at anytime.
>>
>>13896278
Imagine if /m/ was deleted and we tried going back to /a/. There would be no greater spectacle of shitposting that could be witnessed.
>>
>>13896452
>There would be no greater spectacle of shitposting that could be witnessed.
There would be if /jp/ got deleted.
>>
>>13895690
>Like it or not, the one place dedicated to kinds of themes and styles toku runs on is /m/, because they're the exact same sorts of eastern superhero things used in a lot of classic giant robot franchises.
That's another thing toku has in common with /m/. They're both interested in old shows and trying to get them subbed or released in higher quality. Most other boards probably can't relate to that.

I don't understand why people get so triggered by toku's presence here, other than as a reason to shitpost. But I'm probably biased because I like both toku and mecha anime and American scifi threads.
>>
>>13896452
>/m/ exiled back to /a/

Jesus Christ I'd rather use eight-chan.
>>
File: pr.jpg (106KB, 2781x738px) Image search: [Google]
pr.jpg
106KB, 2781x738px
>>13893459
>Say you love Kaiju and wanna pay homage to them
>Heavily market the creatures to the point of having featurettes and advertising the film in Japan as a "Kaiju eiga movie"
>Create a film where the monsters have the personality of an electric drill and are given no presence and instantly thrown into fights so that robots can beat them up

nice job
>>
>>13895609
>When Macross was brought to the US, it was a mature story that could be enjoyed by all generations.
hue
>>
File: 1435079208899.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1435079208899.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>13896316
Now you're getting it.

>>13896278
>>13896452
/a/ is nothing but waifus, shitposting and high turnover.

4chan doesn't actually have a real anime discussion board anymore.
>>
>>13896499
>>13896693
/m/ and /a/ re-merging would provide a much needed contrast for both boards
/m/ has too many NOOOOOOOO FUCK WAIFUS FUCK MOESHIT FUCK NEW ANIME people, /a/ has too many NOOOOOOOO FUCK MECHA FUCK ACTION FUCK OLD ANIME FUCK SHOUNEN SHIT people
>>
>>13895609
I unironically agree with this post
>>
>>13896704
I wouldn't want to give up the threads about obscure mecha that last for days just so those faggots can argue with each other some more.
>>
File: 1446142654711.png (96KB, 471x335px) Image search: [Google]
1446142654711.png
96KB, 471x335px
>>13896704
No. Even if we had to go back, all our topics would get shitposted off the board in an hour.

In the end, /m/ would either find a slower board or just stop posting on 4chan.

We're basically a retirement board for cranky old autists who don't want anything to do with noisy young casuals and their seasonal whims.
>>
>>13897149
In your delusional fantasies, /m/ is filled with literal youtube streamer kids.
>>
>>13897156
>>>/a/ is that way, newfriend.
>>
>>13897470
fuck off tokunigger you dont get to pick
>>
>>13895613
You fuuuck off first, tumblr.
>>
>>13897515
>implying i'm a tokufag

just stop
>>
>>13895795
Because of guro I can't fucking remember his name and the gundam references that one chick does. I really need to watch season 3, all my knowledge of the show is disappearing.
>>
>>13894999
This actually says to me what /m/ is. It's not like only mecha anime, it's the theme of mecha anime. Char doing little girls, yelling as your final attack, smug anime faces, and whatever. /m/ has different appeal to me and it's my fav board. Idk where I'd go if it was gone, since the only other board I visit tangentially is /toy/
>>
>>13895573
>kaiju isn't /m/
By that leap of logic we can't talk about a series where the mecha show up late in the show. Or we can't talk about pilots of mecha. If it's just because it's live action that's fucked up man. Really I hate how all these people have a phobia of /m/ getting new stuff to talk about and want their virginal pure anime with mecha from the 80s.
>>
>>13897679
kaiju belong on >>>/trash/
>>
>>13897679
I suspect in many cases its more a case of posters in denial about why threads about things they want to talk about are not popular. It is easier to blame the popular than admit that what you want to talk about is not popular.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.