[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a Japan in which feminist movies like Force Awakens, Frozen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 14

File: Victory_Gundam_-_Ver_KA.png (740KB, 712x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Victory_Gundam_-_Ver_KA.png
740KB, 712x1014px
In a Japan in which feminist movies like Force Awakens, Frozen or Fury Road are critically acclaimed and incredibly popular why can't we get franchises such as Gundam or Macross to give us a female protagonist?
>>
>>13887493
I don't know?

Who gives a shit? If you're watching /m/ shit for anything other than the mechas. You're a fool.

Also, try >>>/jp/

I realize it's frowned on, but
/thread
>>
>>13887493
I can't be the only one who regularly masturbates to the V2.
>>
Well they could but then boys wouldn't buy the toys and girls don't buy enough mecha related toys in general. It's an established marketing fact.

I mean I don't know why you put Frozen, that's a) a Disney Princess movie and b) all the merch is targetted at girls

(Also, why did you use Victory and not Alex, the one actually piloted by a girl?)
>>
>>13887508
>why did you use Victory and not Turn-A
ftfy

Because OP is a casual.

>>13887506
V2 is better than Victory. Fite me.
>>
>>13887493

Gundam is made to sell models to little boys. A female protag will never ever work.

Though Macross can probably do it because it's more of a character and music merch focused series (Yes there are Valkyrie models but they aren't the thing they base the series entire sucess around)
>>
I'll bite, how is Force Awakens feminist?

Because a girl is the lead and can fight? By the logic Alien is feminist even though the other girl is a crying wreck and Ripley is cold and uncaring to the lives of some of her crewmates.
>>
>>13887527
>I'll bite
Please if you know it's bait, just don't. Let the thread die
>>
>>13887527
>cold and uncaring to the lives of some of her crewmates.
I just rewatched it a few days ago.

This really isn't true, unless you're an android scum.

She comes off a bit dismissive to the mechanics, but she's very concerned with everyone's safety, even before the ayy lmao shows up.
>>
>>13887522
They could do a brother and sister duo, lots of anime do that.
>>
>>13887493
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>13887527
Alien sure is feminist in a general sense, as in "femininity is a theme." Vaginal imagery, penetrating rape of men, the horror of pregnancy. Especially if you include the sequels. Woman protecting a little girl vs. the Queen protecting her species.

More on topic, if they still need to target boys, couldn't they go the waifu route? Like Noriko in Gunbuster.
>>
>>13887573
That's not targeting boys, that's targeting otaku and only otaku which I'm assuming by your feminist ways is not the audience you're asking for

It's literally a common fact that girls and mecha do not sell in any capacity.

Now girls and tanks, that's somehow a winning formula
>>
>>13887592
Precure managges to target both.

Obviously what we need are pink Gundams covered in sequins.
>>
>>13887600
>Precure managges to target both.
It did. Once.

Now these days the ratings and toy sales just get worse and worse (THANKS DOKIDOKI)
>>
>>13887548
I'd watch it, so long as it didn't turn into Milliardo and Relena... Or Sayla and Char... or any other gundamish sibling relationship.
>>
>>13887600
that dance
>>
>>13887604
What if in MSG Amuro legitimately fucks off forever in the desert and the rest of the series is Sayla having to learn how to murder war criminals instead?
Never mind how peopel would have reacted back in the day, that shit would have caused the greatest shenanigans in the Z and CCA eras.
I'll admit I laugh at the prospect of a love triangle between Lalah, Sayla, and Char.
>>
>>13887518
Why would I fight someone I agree with?

>>13887493
>Force Awakens, Frozen or Fury Road
You're making a huge leap by guessing they liked them for 'feminism' and not the action/musical numbers.
>>
>>13887527
Rey isn't a feminist icon but she is a terrible character.
>>
>>13887660
>You're making a huge leap by guessing they liked them for 'feminism' and not the action/musical numbers.
So you're saying Japan will only accept a female MC if the show has the best Gundam action of all time?
>>
>>13887683
Nah they'll like it if the main character is moe enough but the action helps
And despite what the dumbasses at /tv/ are telling you, Ray really isn't the main attraction in Force Awakens, rather it's the throwbacks to the OT
>>
>Fury Road
>Feminist

I love this meme, they basically need Max to unfuck their shit for good.
>>
>>13887493
Gundam already has a though time making you accept the giant robots, a competent woman would break everyone's suspension of disbelief
>>
>>13887696
but it had a thought criminal put her ideas in it so now it's part of the crimethink cabal
>>
>>13887697
[TRIGGERED]
>>
>>13887527
Rey is worse then Jesus Yamato.
>>
>people actually believe little boys buy gunpla
LMAO, the main target audience of gunpla is teenage and adult nerds, not kids. And if a boy-toy franchise like Star Wars could pull a female protagonist so can Gundam.
>>
>>13887493
a female protagonist that's female just because feminism will ruin gundam. no thanks.
Besides feminist will never be satisfied (just take a look at female link) and aren't even the ones who care about gundam
>>
Love Live x Build Fighters when?
>>
>>13887788
>people actually believe little boys buy gunpla
>He thinks they don't
>He thinks the audience isn't kids, teenagers and adult nerds
>He needs to pretend that his mature robot shows are for mature people and not the most normalfag robot franchise in Japan
>>
>>13887894
I'm genuinely surprised this hasn't actually happened yet.
>>
>>13887703
>crimethink
/x/, help me out?
>>
>no Kamille or Loran jokes yet
What is happening to /m/?
>>
>>13887493
It wouldn't sell.
>>
>>13887493
>feminist movies like Force Awakens

stopped reading right there.
>>
>>13887493
Build Fighters Tri.
>>
Kudelia is almost the MC of IBO.

No other "princess" of Gundam has been as relevant.
>>
>>13887898
>implying it can't be immature and marketed toward man children and teenage boys
Who's buying all the collector edition models and chogokin figures? Not little boys that's for sure.
>>
>>13887493
Because Gundam exists to sell toys and a girl protagonist would be annoying for teen boys and manchildren who need to self insert into the hero to escape their mediocrity.

To tell the truth, people do not really need/want a female lead that steal the show to the male protagonist. Even those who say they want it, in fact, they want a waifu who pilots a Gundam , not an absolute protagonist.

A female Athrun, a female Tieria, a Felt that become a pilot or a Cecily utile che scende in battaglia, but no one wants them becoming protagonists that saved the day in the last episode, except for "women only show" that become a wild Yuri.
>>
>>13888219
>Kudelia is almost the MC of IBO.

17 episodes to take a fucking decision.
>>
>>13888219
>>
>>13888219
You sure you've watched Gundam at all?
>>
>>13888587
I think he was being a sly ruseman.
>>
File: 2294_zpsdb6dd043.jpg (60KB, 527x799px) Image search: [Google]
2294_zpsdb6dd043.jpg
60KB, 527x799px
Why fix what isn't broken?
girls/women get to self insert into a pretty young woman with a loved and powerful position that gets the main guy overall but also gets to watch him have near homo-erotic situations with his pilot friend. They get to feel like the prettiest and best belle at the ball and they get their yaoi shipping.
>>
>>13888607
It'd be so cool having Duo as a friend.
>>
File: tumblr_ncqdxy8d6q1u0r0dgo1_1280.jpg (246KB, 881x848px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncqdxy8d6q1u0r0dgo1_1280.jpg
246KB, 881x848px
>>13887493
why does everything gotta be for the sake of feminists approval these days? why can't an anime just have a female protagonist because the writer thought it would serve the story best, not because he has to appease some feminazibitchwhores?
>>
Having good female characters =! feminist

Sometimes, they're just written as any other character. Nothing based on some ideology or movement, not to prove that 'gurls can do hurdur', etc.
>>
>>13888743
Gundam already has those
>>
>>13888619
Because that would require female writers, and not the agenda-pushing feminist kind.
>>
>>13888619
I actually thought TFA did really well with this.
>>
>>13888776
BAITO!
>>
>>13887527
Apparently that's a thing these days. All those movies/shows with female leads, halfway competent female pilots, but were pre-Tumblr? Nah, they're not feminist, they were before the struggle. Any show has a female as anything other than scenery, especially as a lead? OMG GRL POWER SO PROGRESSIVE!

It's mostly just that young, self-important 'feminists' started making noise on social media, the traditional media paid them attention, now they're just in a symbiotic cycle of bitches mouthing off to get attention and media greedily covering it for feel-good empowerment ratings, nevermind what came before or what's -actually- being done to improve -actual- lives.
>>
File: Its-Beautiful-Cat-300x211.jpg (24KB, 300x211px) Image search: [Google]
Its-Beautiful-Cat-300x211.jpg
24KB, 300x211px
>>13888743
>Sometimes, they're just written as any other character. Nothing based on some ideology or movement, not to prove that 'gurls can do hurdur', etc.

.mfw I realized that with everything that happens involving Fa, Reccoa, Emma, Sarah, Haman, Rosamia and Four, Zeta Gundam is the most down to Earth (no pun intended) portrayal of realistic women in mecha anime.
>>
>>13888764
>female characters require female writers
Are you retarded? Do you not realize IBO's writer is female?
>>
>>13888789
I'm actually serious, and I fully went in expecting Rey to be some feminist caricature. She talks tough, but if you look at the situations she gets into, she's usually worse off than her dialogue would have you believe. Like the 'don't hold my hand' thing seems exactly the kind of thing you'd expect, except the spot she was standing in not moving exploded literally a second later, and she'd have died if Finn hadn't grabbed her. The ludicrously fast force development was kind of dumb, but I'm holding out hope that that will be explained. It is the title, it must mean something. Right? I hope?
>>
>>13887493
Because families/normal people go to see those movies, and young men who are only in it for the wish-fulfillment and fujos who are only in it for the yaoi potential are the only people who care about Gundam. Neither of them want to be upstaged by a competent female protagonist.
>>
>>13888823
I thought Fafner's heroines were excellent.
>>
>>13887493
>feminist movies like Force Awakens, Frozen or Fury Road
Having themes of 'empowering women' does not make a movie a 'feminist movie'.
In fact I'd say that the very idea of defining a movie by an ideology is retarded. Is Turn A a 'Black Power' series because it stars a black man.
This is where feminism, and movements like it, take a huge step backwards. Their goal is to be seen and treated as equals, and rightfully so. But the very fact that these movements need too separate things into 'feminist movie' and 'non-feminist movie' automatically shoots them in the foot. It says that instead of being just as good as anything else media starring some sort of progressive symbol need to be set apart. It sets up the idea that women are not equal, and can not be held up to the same standards men are, that they need their own category.
Categorizing media on the basis of 'feminist' and 'not feminist' is a sexist idea in and of itself.

BUT WHO THE FUCK CARES BECAUSE THE SECOND FEMINISM IS MENTIONED DISCUSSION INEVITABLY GOES TO SHIT.
YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS /m/!
>>
>>13888878
Congratulations.

You just triggered an argument about wether Loran is black or not.
>>
>>13888886
He's just really really really really really really really really really really really tan.
>>
>>13888886
What argument? He's clearly not white like Dianna or Gym...He's brown.

Now if you mean black like "African", he's clearly not that either, cuz he's Moonrace.

He's just brown...deliciously brown.
>>
>>13888908
>cuz he's Moonrace.
Aren't they originally from Earth?
>>
>>13888924
Isn't everybody originally from Africa?
>>
>>13888933
That's beside the point. Moonrace are still humans and would still fit into the racial categories.
>>
>>13887493
>TFA
>feminist

And japan didnt like those movies for being feminist.
>>
Next we'll have someone say Loran is so far into the future that he is a mix of all races
>>
>>13888976
Well he certainly isn't purely one race.
>>
>>13888878
You can make your argument about TFA, but you've got an uphill battle against you if you're going to try to argue that Fury Road isn't feminist. It's literally about a badass chick taking it to the patriarchy to save a bunch of younger chicks.
>>
>>13888980
Based on what? Hair color? Eye color? This is anime, Kamille has blue hair. If the mixed race argument was sound everyone would have darker skin. Not just a few characters. You'll never hear this argument for Diana or someone else.
>>
>>13889007
>Loran being mixed means all the other "moon race" is also mixed
>even though he's clearly not the same race as Diana to begin with
What.
>>
>>13889036
Why is Loran even being considered mixed in the first place? That's the problem. Nothing suggests that. People like to say that because he is from the future that is the case. In the future everyone is supposed to be mixed so that obviously isn't it. You only see dark skinned characters get questioned like this. Maybe blonds get the question in anime because white guys want their waifu to be mixed. But again, nothing suggests Loran being mixed except for people who want him to be something other than black.
>>
Because females are inherently unskilled and cannot adequately pilot mecha. Anyone with a brain would not ever watch a show centered around a female mecha pilot. It's too far into absurdity and turns a legendary and serious genre into nothing but a parody.
>>
>>13889097
>But again, nothing suggests Loran being mixed except for people who want him to be something other than black.
Except he's not black. There are black characters in Turn A and they have some stereotypical black features. There's nothing to suggest he's black other than black narcissism.
>>
>>13889110
Hillarious and original.
>>
>>13889115
And his dark skin.
>>
>>13889115
>There are black characters in Turn A and they have some stereotypical black features.

Post them all.
>>
>>13889120
Nah bro hes just really tanned
>>
>>13889120
Loran is a peaceful man and thus not a nigger
>>
>>13889120
So do many SEA, Indians, arabs, etc. Literally dozens of ethnic groups in Asia have dark skin.

>>13889121
Agrippa. Tall with a big flat black nose
Joseph Yaht, curly hair, some random tribal jewelry, but notably that ring band African tribal woman wear around their neck. He also has a bigger nose than most other young characters.

Loran on the other hand just has dark skin. On the other hand, he has a girlish face, petite build, long, perfectly straight hair. Nothing he wears even has any indication of his ethnicity.
>>
>>13889157
A lot of them have thick lips and/or large noses too. A lot of Africans have thin lips and small noses. Especially young boys.

>>13889132
Does this make the entire Republican party honkeys?
>>
>>13889168
Loran isn't a black person name. CHECKMATE
>>
>>13889157
Joseph and Loran have the same eye color. Joseph doesn't have a wide nose.
Joseph has long straight hair in the back
Loran's hair is presented as clumped up and thick when it moves
Agrippa doesn't have a black nose. His nose is pointed in the front. His hair also isn't stereotypically black.

So you have nothing?
>>
>>13889157
Joseph Yaht is South American, most likely Peruvian or so.

You're forgetting Aimes the Borjarnon Suicide Corps pilot.

And Corin, he's highly likely to be a Black Albino.
>>
>>13889204
Corin is Italian, why else would he know about Wing Gundam?
>>
>>13887493

There are actually a lot of problems with a female protagonist in an action movie, and I'll tell you why.

Force Awakens? Shit, have you seen why Rey can do? She's basically insanely high-level. She's good at EVERYTHING, while Luke took two movies to get his ass kicked by Vader.

Fury Road? Furiosa is supposed to be Max's equal, but Max is actually far more competent than she is.

I suppose the main problem is that you can't hit women. What I mean is: Women can't be fucked up, beaten, or severely injured the way men can be, especially in a way that uglies them up. Does Rey every take a major hit in the Force Awakens? Furiosa gets stabbed, but it's a tasteful wound. She doesn't get punched in the face hard enough to break her jaw.

More, what would a female protagonist possibly add to Gundam or Macross? It feels unnatural to see a woman in a male role, and it instantly turns me off: I, for one, wouldn't watch it. Women can deal with watching a man, but most men don't want female protagonists.

That's just the way things are. It's why All You Need is Kill focused on a male protagonist, while the Full Metal Bitch was an ally and ultimately the love interest. It wouldn't have had the same resonance otherwise.

But really, I think it boils down to no-one likes watching women get hurt. In a truly equal society, women would get fucked up as much as men, and that would actually speak against female protagonists, because they wouldn't be as good in combat or in high-stress situations.

Then there are all kinds of unpleasant implications. If a man is taken prisoner, he can surrender and/or get tortured. If a woman gets taken prisoner, she might literally be raped to death. And you can't show that kind of stuff in movies or television.

What I'm saying, a man would die bad. A woman's death would be a thing of nightmare.
>>
>>13889226
>Women can't be fucked up, beaten, or severely injured the way men can be
Says an American
>>
>>13889262

I meant in media. Me, I'm all for full equality if it means the 'no hitting' rule is rescinded for women. Like, if I was Kylo Ren, the moment Rey did the 'You're afraid you'll never be as strong as Vader', I'd have cracked her across the face so hard she'd be spitting teeth.

Then again, Kylo missed a lot of chances to be incredibly malevolent. Sort of like dealing with Poe. I'd have gone: "Oh, so you're the galaxy's best pilot? Can you fly with broken hands?"

He's never going to be allowed out, anyway. And breaking his hands would've scuppered Finn's plan to escape. The moral of the story is, if you're already a bad guy, you should be a vicious shitbag every chance you get.
>>
>>13889226
>because they wouldn't be as good in combat or in high-stress situations.
Isn't it more compelling when a weaker person overcomes a stronger one though?
>>
>>13887493
Feel free to shut up at any time OP.
>>
>>13889280

Not if it breaks the audience's sense of verisimilitude. See, there's an equal fight and there's plot armor.

To use a good example, the final battle between the Zeong and the Gundam is an exceedingly equal battle. Both sides are more-or-less balanced, and the tension is that it could go either way.

But the problem is that in most shows when a woman fights a man, she doesn't win convincingly. It's clearly bullshit, especially when she doesn't really get hurt in the process. There are definite 'no hitting' spots on women, and this is all-too-obvious when you see most fights.

It's like watching Stephen Hawkings fight Mohammad Ali. There's no way he could beat Ali in a fistfight. If he did so, you would cry bullshit. Your suspension of disbelief would be ruined.

This is why, for instance, the final battle is All You Need Is Kill was believable. It literally came down to the flip of the coin as to who won and who died. But then you have stuff like Aldonah Zero, which is really bullshit.

See, we're supposed to consider Inaho the underdog in that fight against the Tharsis. This is because the Tharsis can see the future, and Inaho is in a grunt suit. But Slaine immediately takes a hit that renders him unable to see the future, and he just gets his shit kicked in. That's not remotely compelling.
>>
>>13889300
Apparently it didn't break most of TFA's audiences' verisimilitude
>>
>>13889300
Yeah, but you're talking in terms of a fist fight.
That sort of ass-backward thinking need not apply to something like mecha combat.
Take Gundam vs Zeong for example, replace Char and/or Amuro with a girl and what does it change?
Fucking. Nothing.
>>
>>13889300
You;re full of shit. Star Wars characters have super powers. Male or female doesn't matter. A female can beat a male convincingly if it is written properly. Physical strength means almost nothing in fiction unless a character's power directly relates to them being physically strong. That Hawkings vs Ali scenario doesn't make sense because those are real people. Rey and Kylo Ren are fictional characters with super powers.
>>
>>13889330

It's Star Wars, man. People flocked to watch the prequels, they'd flock to watch this. Did you miss the people complaining about how Rey was a Mary Sue? She's a stronk independent womyn who don't need no man, which just makes the black guy even more useless.

I'll point out that she's Han Solo AND Luke Skywalker combined. She's taking up both their mantles. Even Ren is only trying to be Darth Vader.

I mean, I'm probably racist in that I just can't see what's 'in it' for me. A black man and a white woman as the protagonists? The only person I can really relate to is Kylo Ren, and he's not even a threatening villain.

>>13889341

Yeah, but Rey's powers have just 'awakened'. Kylo is the Grand Master of the Knights of Ren, a master swordsman, and he's performed feats on-screen that we've never seen before.

It's like a kid who's never handled a sword before defeating a swordsman, where both of them have the superpower of 'being really good with swords'. It'd be acceptable if Ren wasn't Force-sensitive himself, but that was just silly.
>>
>>13889277
>I meant in media.
Me too. Anime and manga often feature women getting fucked up. It's like the entire genre has horror movie morality.
>>
>>13889353
Actually, side material explains Kylo is such a failure at being a fallen jedi he can't even build a lightsaber properly
which is why it's all wobbly and weird
>>
File: uso.gif (998KB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
uso.gif
998KB, 300x205px
>>13889262
>>
>>13889353
No, I have not, in fact missed out how people call Rey a mary sue, I go to this fucking site, its hard not to see that, hell, I agree to an extent despite liking her somewhat (she works best when bouncing off Finn though)
Also, are you just ignoring it be stated that Kylo's training still isn't complete? Or, more portantly, Kylo is half crippled in the fight with Rey, when Rey squared off with him he has suffered
A wookiee bowcaster to the side
A nervous breakdown in progress that's been building up since the beginning of the third act
Finn nicking him in the shoulder before finally knocking the former stormtrooper out.
The novelization apparently goes one further, saying that Kylo's connection to the dark side was actually somewhat disrupted after killing his dad.
And to top it out, despite all of that, he still came THIS CLOSE to winning, he lost because he offered to take Rey in as a student
>>
>>13889364

He doesn't really have anything to base it on.
>>
>>13889382
He apparently did to some minor extent, he explicily modeled his lightsaber after the crossguard sabers that were around in the distant past. His lightsaber still looks like he's been taking Garen's classes on lightsaber construction,
>>
File: triggered-feminist.jpg (95KB, 993x720px) Image search: [Google]
triggered-feminist.jpg
95KB, 993x720px
>>13888023
I came here to laugh at Kamille jokes, but I was disappointed
>>
>>13887493
Because gundam protags are aimed at the female audience because they want cute boys to look at.
>>
>>13889300
People accepts Kill Bill, at the end it's just a matter of how you depicts the female character.
The point is that a woman who kick ass is not unrealistic in itself if she train, it's only infrequent and especially frightens men in a great way, because being "stronger" is one of the few certainties of male mentality.
>>
>>13889353
>I can only relate to people who has the same skin colour as me.
>>
>>13889226
This is anime; it's chock full of female protagonists. Would Dirty Pair be improved by making Kei and Yuri guys? I don't think so.
>>
>>13890183
>*and the same sex
>>
>>13889353
So do you just pretend that all anime characters are white or something?
>>
>>13890235

I'm Chinese. Not that much of a jump.

We probably have an even lower opinion of black people and women than you do, though.
>>
>>13890190

Yeah, but Dirty Pair is aimed at men. It's like the old Tomb Raider games. No guy wanted to be Lara Croft, the thrill was getting her to do whatever you wanted her to do, like getting down on all fours and crawling around like the little temptress she was.
>>
>>13890265
It's exactly the trip with playing a female character in the RPG, especially when you see her in the third person and then you can dress her as you please.
>>
>>13890251
That's pretty sad.
>>
>>13890279

Well, we do have less of a Muslim problem, so I guess it all evens out.
>>
>>13890265
I just played a fun adventure game with guns. Dunno what was going through your head.
>>
>>13890401

Masturbation, mostly. Not the new Lara Croft, who looks like a miserable dyke. The old one was hot.
>>
>>13889204
For some fucking reason my brain read that name as Kanye instead of Kane. I don't know why my brain added a y.
>>
>>13889181
Loran is exactly the kind of weird-ass made up name black people would come up with.
>>
>>13890293
>What are Uighurs?
That's strike 2.
>>
>>13889353

Force Awakens didn't impress me much at all either. But yeah, I think you're kind of a racist if you absolutely need a character's skin color to match yours to be able to identify with the said character...
>>
>>13892306
>made up names
>in a Tomino show
Do you even Shot Weapon?
...come to think of it, that would be a pretty good rapper name.
>>
>>13892306
>two syllabes
no
>>
>>13892319

We've got them well in hand, by which I mean we're fucking them up. They're actively fleeing the country.

I seriously don't know how Europeans do it. When we heard that a handful of Uighur men raped Chinese women, the suspects were nearly lynched. Chinese men found Uighurs and beat seven shades of piss out of them. After Cologne, you should have hung Muslims from lamp posts and strung Merkle up.
>>
>>13892343
Trayvon.
>>
>>13892355
Didn't they just bomb/shoot up some place like, literally 2 weeks ago?

I'm calling bullshit, we never get Orientals over the Great Fire Wall.
>>
>>13892355
We get it, you like violating civil rights and beating people up.
>>
File: 1436222812527.jpg (285KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1436222812527.jpg
285KB, 595x842px
>>13887493
>ignoring the bisexual crossdressing pre-op nigger mc from 15 years ago
>who's universally regarded as a decent protagonist

Stop erasing Laura Rolla's lived experiences.
>>
>>13892387

A man cannot lay down with a rabid dog.

>>13892364

They keep doing that, which gives us a reason to give all of them the beat down.
>>
>>13892410
Look you're already on my shitlist for relating to Darth Personalty Disorder, the more you talk, the more I'll make fun of you.
>>
>>13892401
Loran was 100% Dianasexual though
>>
>>13892434
But he explored Sochie's throat
>>
>>13892401
>bisexual

The show never really plays into that. Guin crushes on him hard, but never reciprocates.

>pre-op
Laura Rolla was a part played for a handful of episodes and abandoned pretty readily after that.
What is it about this show that makes people read into the crossdressing so much more than when it was in ZZ or King Gainer? Is it trying to reconcile the fact they rubbed one out to Loran?
>>
>>13892401
>Loran
>Bisexual
No
>>
>>13887683
Most Japanese anime about girls are incredibly bland and mundane.
>>
File: uh.jpg (31KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
31KB, 313x286px
>Force Awakens
>Fury Road
>feminist
>>
>>13895073
Most Japanese anime about boys are incredibly bland and mundane.
>>
>>13887493
They aren't praised because of their female leads, retard. And why fix what isn't broken? What's the appeal of a female protagonist that just makes you want it this hard?
>>
File: 1454755422728.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454755422728.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>13895685
>What's the appeal of a female protagonist that just makes you want it this hard?

"OH LOOK A WOMAN CAN DO ANYTHING A MAN CAN DO SO YOU SHOULD ALL RESPECT WOMEN, BUT WHEN SHE GETS IN TROUBLE MEN STILL HAVE TO RESCUE HER BECAUSE SHE'S A WEAK DEFENSELESS DAMSEL."

People who want female MCs just don't understand that while women CAN be the MC, that doesn't mean a female MC is interchangeable with a male one.

The entire show has to be written with the female MC in mind, and she has to be a lesbian for anyone to actually respect her.
>>
File: 168943.jpg (38KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
168943.jpg
38KB, 225x350px
>>13887493
Because they make much more interesting villains.
>>
>>13896020
>inplying everybody who wants a female mc is a tumblrina who thinks new Tomb Raider is good
>implying tumblrinas wouldn't hate Symphogear with a passion
Wow, stop posting.
>>
>>13896020
Or just write the main character without really emphasizing whether or not they are a female....
And have it be female...
>>
>>13896040
If you care about whether or not a show has stronk empowered female MCs, then you're probably a whiny straight tumblrina.

Likewise, if you're a raging lesbian tumblrina who schlicks to cute girls and wants strong lesbian MCs who beat the shit out of stuff with their bare fists, then you're probably going to love Symphogear.
>>
>>13896418
I want an MC who isn't afraid to act and do things rather than just sit on his or her ass crying or waiting for others to tell them what to do.

Tumblr uses annoying terms to describe that, words that deliberately trigger people like "empowered" or "agency" but that's what it boils down to.
>>
>>13896428

The only reason they "trigger" people is because of how overused they are to the point of becoming a buzzword.

When you read articles about how FARTING is empowering to women, it kind of makes it that much more annoying. (and sadly, that wasn't an article on the Onion)
>>
File: capture[1].png (78KB, 540x295px) Image search: [Google]
capture[1].png
78KB, 540x295px
>>13896461
Thanks for reminding me of something else that should have been an article on The Onion.
https://thewaterpipe.wordpress.com/2013/12/22/can-a-fart-be-misogynist/
>>
>>13896040
>implying tumblrinas wouldn't hate Symphogear with a passion

I don't know, this awful quality gif I found on google indicates that at least some people who use that site like it
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.