[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started watching heavy object. One nuke burned through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 26

File: heavy-object-image-0001.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
heavy-object-image-0001.png
1MB, 1600x900px
I just started watching heavy object. One nuke burned through about half of a first gen's armor, right?

So why didn't they just fire two or more nukes at it instead of completely redefining modern warfare?
>>
Ask /a/ they care about this show more.
>>
>>13885120

The fuck is a heavy object?
>>
>>13885140
Vaguely like a Bolo.
>>
>>13885120
>So why didn't they just fire two or more nukes
but it was A NUKE
>>
>>13885145
A nuke which had a visible effect. They need to take a note out of Arnie's book.
>>
>>13885120
Because this show runs off video game logic thats why
>>
>>13885120

Reinventing modern warfare generates more money for almost everyone involved and gives the army and it's various branches a shit load of new toys to play with I guess.
>>
>>13885120

that cg looks like fucking shit tbqhh sandpie.
>>
>>13885140
Object = Metal Gear.
>>
>>13885120
Don't try to over analyse this show OP. You're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>13885536
I grew up watching Babylon 5 and Reboot. The last time I thought to myself "wow, this CG is shit" the show was literally made in Miku Miku Dance.
>>
>>13885928
At least those shows were nice looking from an artistic perspective. OP's image is just a bland sphere.
>>
>>13885947
They get slightly less bland after the episode 1 flashback, though the hero unit is basically just shredder's disco ball with dakka cornrows.
>>
File: MK.XXXIII Bolo.jpg (315KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
MK.XXXIII Bolo.jpg
315KB, 1280x640px
>>13885144
Don't talk shit about the Bolos.
>>
>>13886124
No one said anything negative about your big dumb megatank.
>>
>>13885120
Alright, here's an actual answer. The Object had a fuckload of lasers to shoot down incoming missiles. So why did it tank a nuke? Just to show it could. And after that it still continued firing, after which it was obvious that any more nukes would just be shot down as well.
>>
>>13886124
Cool your jets, Autismo.
>>
File: HS2_004.jpg (802KB, 1112x1600px) Image search: [Google]
HS2_004.jpg
802KB, 1112x1600px
>>13885120

Because the idea of a "clean war", which brought the "Objects" was beneficial to all:

1) state leaders to resolve the crisis can safely unleash a couple of wars, instead of a meaningless and endless talking shops

2) the military got a powerful weapon that can actually be used with minimal losses in personnel (even in case of defeat, usually, dies only elite, and then not always)

3) industrialists receive regular orders for the development of "objects", as well as their repair (and each of them is worth, on average, five billion)

4) The media have the opportunity to take the heroic stories of the battles of "objects" and earn on advertising

5) citizens freed from compulsory service in the army and the specter of total war

etc.

Everyone is happy:)
>>
>>13887399
>:)
Remind me why this is allowed?
>>
File: HS2_047.jpg (724KB, 1108x1600px) Image search: [Google]
HS2_047.jpg
724KB, 1108x1600px
>>13887403

>>13886329
>Alright, here's an actual answer. The Object had a fuckload of lasers to shoot down incoming missiles. So why did it tank a nuke? Just to show it could. And after that it still continued firing, after which it was obvious that any more nukes would just be shot down as well.
>>
>>13887436
That doesn't help me understand why you're typing like an underage.
>>
>>13885140

Basically a mobile artillery taken to the absolute extreme.
>>
>>13887732
Why is this always the answer?
>>
>>13887732
I bet there's an object that can do that. Oh wait, there is.
>>
>>13885120
The whole setup is way stupider than your average mecha anime.
>>
>>13887841

Objects are even more of a big, moving "Shoot me" sign than most mecha.

At least the average mecha is mobile as fuck, Objects just kind of move along.
>>
File: 046.jpg (938KB, 1468x2164px) Image search: [Google]
046.jpg
938KB, 1468x2164px
>>13890480

Stop talking nonsense ...

"Objects" are anti-aircraft system capable of shooting down hundreds of planes and missiles, even if something and be able to reach the "object", its armor can withstand one / two getting a nuclear warhead.

Also, the "objects" to exceed a speed of 500 kilometers per hour.

Speed, power and vitality of the "object" is a problem only for the enemy armies that do not have an "object".

P.S. Walk a look "G no Reconguista", everything is as you like, kids
>>
>>13890702
>Walk a look
What?
>>
>>13890753
>he doesn't walk a look when flipping a dibbly.
>>
>>13885120
Because if each nuke burns through half of its armor, you'll need an infinite number of nukes to burn through all of the armor. Seriously, this isn't hard.
>>
>>13890753
The fanbases of most LN anime are basically just ESLs.
>>
>>13891662
Speaking as a person who was dumb enough to broadcast their powerlevel and got roped into being a junior college anime club's treasurer, I can confirm that this is absolutely true.
The mouthbreathers who devour that garbage don't mind the trash machine translations because they can't tell the difference, then they fall in love with the excrement all over again when it gets a cashgrab anime.
>>
>>13885120
Operation Flashpoint Mod when?
>>
>>13888663

Way stupider? HO isn't exactly going to win awards for realism, but at least it doesn't have humanoid robots for the sake of having humanoid robots.

Face it, people, mecha is a dumb genre if you are looking at it through the lens of actual tactics and technology. HO is just dumb in different ways.
>>
>>13893642
It's not just those ball tanks but the world whose geo-political borders are like a jigshaw puzzle.

Actually, they do have interesting pieces of advanced techs apart from tanks and I would like to how the hotel at moon looks like.But then it's from a LN not some serious sci-fi novel or RPG sourcebooks where the setting and tech would be elaborated.
>>
File: 1352813372863.png (620KB, 926x716px) Image search: [Google]
1352813372863.png
620KB, 926x716px
>>13887970
>>
>>13887399
>1) state leaders to resolve the crisis can safely unleash a couple of wars, instead of a meaningless and endless talking shops
So war has no consequences outside of hurting your enemy's ball more than he hurts your ball. Sounds like a great idea that cannot go wrong. How do you capture cities? What's stopping me from using my ball to attack infrastructure instead of the enemy ball? Why aren't nuclear mines utilized to rape balls before they can laser? Why do they have literal plot armor that protects from anything that isn't a ball?
>2) the military got a powerful weapon that can actually be used with minimal losses in personnel (even in case of defeat, usually, dies only elite, and then not always)
Personnel is the least of our worries. Not really a factor.
>3) industrialists receive regular orders for the development of "objects", as well as their repair (and each of them is worth, on average, five billion)
Military-industrial complex is worth a hell of a lot more than a few hundred billion m8.
>4) The media have the opportunity to take the heroic stories of the battles of "objects" and earn on advertising
Banking on fear and sensationalism gets them tons more money than "our heroic ball fought their heroic ball, anyway we lost 12,000 sq miles of territory today because balls and you as a people can not change a thing about that. Now feel free to redirect all that anger towards your government for not building a better ball and start suicide bombing the enemy."
>5) citizens freed from compulsory service in the army and the specter of total war
This is alternate universe to Earth, right? Total war has been a relic since MAD.
>>
>>13885120
Wouldn't that made sense that since conventional warfare has been replaced with giant tanks dueling like knights over territories , each faction would be like the intelligence faction with minor changes like government ?

Wouldn't spy games and intelligence will find them selves more prominent than ever while armies will have duty terriroties and sequre the border?
I mean, a shady underground black market network will become common by now?
>>
>>13891193
This is whey we don't let Eleans dictate military doctrine.
>>
>>13893766

Why all the haters of the story always ask the same stupid questions?

>1)
The control over the territory, including cities, automatically goes to the winner, to avoid unnecessary death and destruction, and with the successful case of this region can once again return to the previous owner, unharmed.

What later your infrastructure will be attacked, so why start this senseless slaughter?

Use of nuclear weapons on its own territory? Are you a moron?

Protection is not absolute, but if it works effectively in combat vehicles such as "objects", then why not?

>2)
In fact, the number of coffins coming home from the front, this is a very important factor - think of the war in Vietnam

>3)
Look, when it is possible, it is a very interesting movie "THE PENTAGON WARS" ...

The world BUT there are constant war between the major powers - as a consequence of "objects" permanently destroy and damage, and therefore in need of replacement and repair; plus to this a lot of effort and money is spent on the development of new propulsion systems and weapons as well as armor - and it will all be involved in a real fight, not gathering dust in a warehouse ...

So what we are talking about huge amounts of money

>4)
You do not know how to write interesting articles ...

But the battle video of huge, heavily armored and well armed "war of symbols" certainly excellent (manga will not lie)

>5)
That is to say, about the war in Syria, for example, you do not know?
>>
>>13891662
>>13891721

Well even if it's an eroge instead, this would also explain the Muv-Luv fanbase being overwhelmingly pretentious ESL waifufags.
>>
>>13894219
日本の恥
>>
>>13894219
Ugh, get better English, please.
>>
>>13887399
>2) the military got a powerful weapon that can actually be used with minimal losses in personnel (even in case of defeat, usually, dies only elite, and then not always)

So basically it's intended use is the same way as how Pokemon fights take down gangster groups.
>>
>>13887732
Because they tried it and it didn't work.
>>
>>13894219
>1)
>The control over the territory, including cities, automatically goes to the winner, to avoid unnecessary death and destruction, and with the successful case of this region can once again return to the previous owner, unharmed.

>What later your infrastructure will be attacked, so why start this senseless slaughter?

Would you rather fight against your aggressor or simply allow yourself to be conquered? If I'm the enemy, territory is not necessarily the primary reason for war. If I want to reduce the enemy's production capabilities, I would destroy factories with my ball. Transportation and supply routes? Railroads, roads. A clean war only works in very specific circumstances.

There is no guarantee you can take back that land, so why not make sure the enemy can't use it?

>Use of nuclear weapons on its own territory? Are you a moron?

If I want to kill balls then I will do what I need to. Nukes aren't OMG FALLOUT KILL A COUNTRY weapons. Taking out billions of dollars worth of enemy forces is a small price to pay for the minor side effects of a tactical nuke.

>Protection is not absolute, but if it works effectively in combat vehicles such as "objects", then why not?

Because they are giant moving targets that can't be killed by anything but another ball. I vaguely remember something from the first episode about how it just has TONS of armor that only works because of some super sci-fi magic and can only be used by balls. That's dumb.
>>
>>13894219
>2)
>In fact, the number of coffins coming home from the front, this is a very important factor - think of the war in Vietnam

It wasn't the number of bodies, it was the fact that we were in the war in the first place. Nobody back home wanted to be drafted in a war that would have almost no consequence to the US.

>3)
>Look, when it is possible, it is a very interesting movie "THE PENTAGON WARS" ...

I've seen it, it isn't a documentary.

>The world BUT there are constant war between the major powers - as a consequence of "objects" permanently destroy and damage, and therefore in need of replacement and repair; plus to this a lot of effort and money is spent on the development of new propulsion systems and weapons as well as armor - and it will all be involved in a real fight, not gathering dust in a warehouse ...

Our stuff sees combat all the time. Our defense industry has thousands of outlets, not just ball wheels, ball guns and ball armor. We spend tons more on a huge variety of shit than you would repairing a ball every week.
>>
>>13894219
>4)
>You do not know how to write interesting articles ...

That's the point. It's hard to make "ball takes territory" interesting.

>But the battle video of huge, heavily armored and well armed "war of symbols" certainly excellent (manga will not lie)

I dunno, it would seem pretty boring after a month of that. Real warfare is much more exciting to me.

>5)
>That is to say, about the war in Syria, for example, you do not know?
Not even CLOSE to being anything like a total war on any front. Now larger countries engage in proxy wars and skirmishes, which can be done by peacetime militaries.
>>
>>13895091
>If I want to kill balls then I will do what I need to. Nukes aren't OMG FALLOUT KILL A COUNTRY weapons. Taking out billions of dollars worth of enemy forces is a small price to pay for the minor side effects of a tactical nuke.

The problem with that is that it leads to an escalation of force and eventual ICBM exchange. At that point, any victory is strictly pyrric. You also can't use anything less than an ICBM because of the anti-air defenses on an Object.

An ICBM exchange would also favor the Objects since they can survive direct nuclear hits while most of their enemies can't even survive an indirect hit.
>>
>>13895091
>>13895094
>>13895098

Don't respond to this imbecile, please, despite your intentions in doing so - he earnestly believes HO is a masterfully-written treatise on realistic mechs because they're big and round.
>>
>>13885120
Because nothing can penetrate lazy cg and garbage copy paste ball of ultimate doom with plot armour and the ability to resist structural density at 1G. Seriously this thing is 100m tall it should collapse in on itself from weight alone
>>
>>13895091
>Because they are giant moving targets that can't be killed by anything but another ball.
Have you watched the show? The whole point is that while most people think only and Object can kill another Object, they still have flaws and weaknesses to be exploited.

>that only works because of some super sci-fi magic and can only be used by balls.
And Objects are not the same kind of superweapon as humanoid mecha that are said to be better than anything else just because. The reason for the ball shape is just the result of having to armor a giant magic reactor. The armor itself is just fuckload of layers of some future material. Not much different from gundanium or super alloy-z. Surely the armor can be used by smaller vehicles but the armor material isn't impenetrable and smaller vehicles would have less of it.
>>
>>13893766
>Why do they have literal plot armor that protects from anything that isn't a ball?
Because they wouldn't have a plot otherwise.
It's just mechwank in ball form written by Japs who have no clue how actual war works.
>>
File: 054.jpg (748KB, 1469x2160px) Image search: [Google]
054.jpg
748KB, 1469x2160px
>>13895091
>Would you rather fight against your aggressor or simply allow yourself to be conquered?

I invite you to realize one simple fact - nothing prevents the "object" if need be, to completely destroy the "base of the insurgents and terrorists" who do not observe the rules of "clean war"... Incidentally, infrastructure and database "objects" are well protected by various saboteurs

>If I want to kill balls then I will do what I need to. Nukes...

Already answered here - >>13895361

>...that can't be killed by anything but another ball...

Have you watched the show? They can be destroyed, or, at least, damage by conventional means, but it's easier use another "object"

>>13895094
>It wasn't the number of bodies...

Well, the US lost, missing, died from wounds and disease - 58 thousand (combat losses -. 47 thousand non-combat -. 11 .; thousand of the total, as of 2008, are considered to be missing more than 1,700 people ); injured - 303 thousand (hospitalized - 153 thousand light wounds -.. 150 thousand). The number of veterans who committed suicide after the war, often estimated at 100-150 thousand people...

In the first chapters of "the HO" the number of dead as a result of the defeat of the enemy and the violation of "object" rules "clean war" killed several hundred people ...

feel the difference:)

>...We spend tons more on a huge variety of shit than you would repairing a ball every week.

Hmm? At least, controversial statements - see "RT" channel...

By the way - try to calculate how much you could build a "Object", at a cost of five billion apiece, to the huge money allocated for "ightning ii" program

>Real warfare is much more exciting to me.

That's it - you just like classic war with a lot of dead bodies and destruction - then you will only help the doctor...Maybe I will reveal to you the truth, but no one is forcing you to watch or read the "HO".
>>
>>13885120
That mining robot was rad as fuck.
>the dream is still alive even in a world of giant ball tank s
>>
>Expecting plausible military paradigms from a show with geopolitics including "Hey let's bring back feudalism! "
>>
>>13899274
>They can be destroyed, or, at least, damage by conventional means

Means that only two relentlessly fortunate idiots ever seem to have access to, so there's that.

>Well, the US lost, missing, died from wounds and disease - 58 thousand (combat losses -. 47 thousand non-combat -. 11 .; thousand of the total, as of 2008, are considered to be missing more than 1,700 people ); injured - 303 thousand (hospitalized - 153 thousand light wounds -.. 150 thousand). The number of veterans who committed suicide after the war, often estimated at 100-150 thousand people...

You're seriously comparing a conflict that is fictional and probably only lased a few days at best to one of the costliest wars in modern history that went on for 20 fucking years?

You're not too bright, you know that?
>>
>>13902752
>geopolitics
The show's shattered glass jigsaw geopolitcs should make moving Objects from one place another a logistical nightmare
>>
>>13885140
>no "your mom" replies
>>
>>13902752
This story's cardinal sin, amongst it's many more mundane stupid shit anime sins (although the MC being such a beta he nearly lets a woman die to avoid maybe accidentally possibly slightly brushing her boob is so mind bogglingly dumb it's a strong contender), is that it's trying to be smart.

It tries to justify its silly mech and silly world with a bunch of bullshit that, in the end, justifies nothing and only highlights how bullshit it is. No one who wants to watch this kind of stuff cares whether it's actually realistic, or else they wouldn't like it. Just go "hey, people fight with stupid giant robot shit now, only this guy can fight them without his own stupid giant robot shit because he's the self insert MC that makes all the pilots who are all girls wet and the only one in the world who read 'Basic Tactical Thought 101'." No need to show how little you know about anything, because then you're just throwing out the one protection your stupid plot had: "it's just a show." Don't do that, and you manage to avoid half the problems in this thread already. Nothing's worse than a dumb show trying to act like it's smart.
>>
File: 1455973046835.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1455973046835.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>first nation develops an Object
>deploys it in battle
>a single nuke doesn't immediately kill it
>not just nuking the country it came from

Unless you physically don't know where it came from (which would surely be nigh impossible with something like that), then deploying the object would effectively be a death sentence for the country deploying it. If it makes nukes obsolete, then it's as much of an existential threat to the sovereignty of other nations than having nukes and deserves to be treated the same way.
>>
>>13902987

THIS.

One object can only cover so much, and if its involved with another Object its essentially neutralized and the one with the greater force can just take over the opponent's home base. An Army would is always a better strategic option. not to mention you cant use Objects to hold territory.
>>
>>13902987

>as much of a threat... *AS having nukes

even.
>>
File: 034.jpg (555KB, 1465x2162px) Image search: [Google]
034.jpg
555KB, 1465x2162px
>>13902987
>>13903020

Firstly, for the first time it was deployed 12 "objects", one of which easily destroyed the united troops from 14 countries, they are even a nuclear attack has not helped...

Secondly, the first generation of "Objects" is the multi-purpose, such as "Baby Magnum" and created to destroy the traditional armies, and other "Objects"

Third, the "objects" of the first generation to reach speeds of 500+ kmph and hit the target as their primary gauge at a distance of 10 kilometers of destroying all the auxiliary gun create an absolute defense and missile defense

This combat vehicle can for a couple / three days to destroy the average European country and nothing it does not stop, except for another "Object" - so arranged there the world and if you do not like it, it's only your problem
>>
>>13903445

I am sorry, but I did not understand your post. Is there someone who can translate it for you?
>>
>>13903508

Well, I think it was fairly simple, really.

- There were 12 Objects at the start, one of which apparently destroyed a united force from 14 nations and shrugged off nukes.

- Objects are created to destroy armies and other Objects.

- Objects can reach speeds in excess of 500 km/h and can engage targets as far away as 10 km

- One Object can destroy a country and nothing can stop it except another Object, if you don't like it, take a hike.

I think that summarizes what he said.
>>
>>13903533

Ah, thank you.

That still doesn't explain why nuking the country wouldn't be a viable strategy. If they're able to nuke one object then there's not going to be too much problem with dumping nukes onto the offending nation.

Admittedly I don't know the lore, which country started off with the Objects and who did they attack?
>>
File: long live belka.png (1KB, 141x108px) Image search: [Google]
long live belka.png
1KB, 141x108px
>>13894219
>Use of nuclear weapons on its own territory? Are you a moron?
>>
>>13902987
>If it makes nukes obsolete, then it's as much of an existential threat to the sovereignty of other nations than having nukes and deserves to be treated the same way.

Sure, that could have been what happened to Japan. After all, it's not one of the mentioned nations.

However,trying to stamp out a technology never works. It just means the technology is developed more secretly. Once the world sees it in action everybody is going to want one.

And once again, nobody wins in an ICBM exchange.
>>
>>13885120
>So why didn't they just fire two or more nukes
Tat will remind people.
>>
>>13903549
>Admittedly I don't know the lore, which country started off with the Objects and who did they attack?

The creator of the Objects is a 'certain country in the Pacific' that so conveniently happens to occupy the area in which Japan presently resides, and although the story itself hasn't come out and named names I think it's pretty obvious.

As to why the skirmish happened, the only information given about it is that 14 nations launched a 'surprise attack' on the island which was firmly rebuked by a single Object.
>>
>>13885120
Author is stupid.
>>
>>13903579

Also something I neglected to address, namely the issue of 'Why don't they just nuke everything'.

>hit the target as their primary gauge at a distance of 10 kilometers of destroying all the auxiliary gun create an absolute defense and missile defense

Weaponry creates a defensive umbrella stretching 10 km. Of course, logically, one wonders what that would do against armaments such as MIRVs, but whatever.
>>
>>13903667
why would the Object not just shoot the MIRVs down? The Objects have like 40 giant guns plus main cannons
>>
Objects would be cool if they were like Imperial Titans.

Japan dun dropped the ball on this one.
>>
>>13903685

Well, that depends entirely on whether or not MIRVs can actually be intercepted, and honestly I'm not sure if that's possible.
>>
>>13903739
As if Objects are possible in the first place. Something that big, that fast, with a near-infinite energy source, and can tank nukes, and you wanna talk about "possible".
>>
>>13903774

That is a fair point, but I'm just wondering as a general question now, honestly.

Can MIRVs be intercepted?
>>
>>13903779
They might be too fast for conventional missiles but you should be able to use lasers on them, no? Some kind of combination radar/laser AA system should be realistically possible.
>>
>>13903779
>Can MIRVs be intercepted?

Yes. It's just multiple nuclear warheads- some of which are decoys.

They were developed because conventional missile based anti-ballistic missile systems only have a single warhead per rocket. That means that it has to pick 1 out of 3-12 potential nuclear warheads to intercept. And since the idea of even 1 nuke getting through to anywhere is bad, they are treated as a serious threat.

Against any system that can engage multiple warheads simultaneously, like say a hypothetical laser air defense system or anti-ballistic missile system with its own multiple kill vehicles, the effectiveness of an MIRV system would generally decrease.

It all depends on how many warheads you can shoot down in the given amount of time.
>>
>>13903886
I think an AEGIS equipped DDG might be able to, or at least will soon have the systemsware to support ballistic missile interception.

But if I recall they aim to intercept during the initial burn before a BM enters its ballistic flight phase, so yeah maybe not.
>>
>>13903685
re-entry vehicles are already facing massive amounts of heat and pressure and form something of a plasma wake from the air compressing under them. Shooting one with a laser probably isn't going to do much.

On the other hand, an ICBM can take up to half an hour to hit it's target and isn't very accurate. A MIRV has a very small window for engaging at any specific target, releasing a warhead at the right time and angle.
>>
>>13903625
God I fucking hate LNs.
>>
>>13903779
Generally speaking yes, but it becomes increasingly harder the faster the re-entry vehicle is traveling. As a general rule the longer range the missile the faster its re-entry vehicle will be moving, so when you're dealing with ICBMs and the re-entry vehicles are moving at 8,000m/s your probability of hitting it with anything at all is super low.

The problem with lasers is that even very powerful ones are badly affected by the atmosphere over range.
>>
>>13895454
>Seriously this thing is 100m tall it should collapse in on itself from weight alone
For some reason nobody seems to care when it's humanoid.
>>
>>13895361
Actually I was talking about nuclear mines. Basically saying "if you're going to launch a superweapon against us, don't blame us for what happens." I highly doubt that the enemy country would get so assblasted about their invasion being foiled that they'd escalate to ICBM exchange. Furthermore, any country willing to do so would probably be nuked by the rest of the world because they're clearly unstable and a threat to everyone else.
>>
>>13899274
You don't understand how occupation works. Resistance forces will exist across any occupied territory. Objects aren't going to kill rioting civilians, are they? Objects can't do shit to occupy, they can only kill big things.

What the other anon said.

And the F-35 Program will coat, in 2016 USD, something like $850 billion over the course of the next 50 years. For a bunch of new technology, 2500+ 5th generation fighters, maintenance, etc. You're fucking dumb.

Thinking anything is more interesting than two bowling balls shooting cannons at each other isn't edgy.
>>
File: f0205060_50d727cb4d35b.jpg (339KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
f0205060_50d727cb4d35b.jpg
339KB, 1024x768px
>>13894219
The Pentagon Wars is a comedy, not a documentary.

It had little accuracy to the development history of the Bradley.
>>
File: 1449249184976.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449249184976.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>mfw this thread

Seriously I never expected this much of an arbitrary discussion on the anime about Giant Ball Tanks thingy.
Even Dark Crusade made much more sense than this anime in regards to Risk-Style Map.
>>
>>13905776
I can't defend the Risk-style map, but I don't know why anyone is aggrieved by Giant Ball Robot Jox Warfare. It seems like one of those premises you just have to accept on its own terms.
>>
>>13905819
>why anyone is aggrieved by Giant Ball Robot Jox Warfare

You have already figured it out unintentionally.
Robot Jox were still regulated matches with both parties accepting the rules of exchange and clear rules for Victor's claim on the territory,unlike HO where Objects are still tools of conventional warfare
>>
>>13890480
Objects are really fast though. Just not *teleports behind you* robot ninjas.

Anyways the whole idea is that said Object was just a ridiculous demonstration of ground force that made everyone rethink how they fought wars, not that it was literally impossible to kill by any means. If said Object was anywhere near anything instead of in the middle of the ocean waving its dick at them they couldn't have even dropped one nuke on it to start with.

>instead of completely redefining modern warfare?
Yeah because dropping two nukes on a single armoured vehicle is a standard and super practical operating doctrine.

The Object is just a bigger gun that obsoletes prior weapons in land battles, they view fighting one with say a tank or fighter jet about the same as we would view trying to hold territory against the US military with 1800s horse mounted infantry.. Just a pointless waste of lives.
>>
>>13905776
The Dark Crusade board at least has the excuse of being a video game expansion that needed to give the players some choice in how they proceeded, but didn't have the time to build the game around it from the ground up.
>>13905819
It would be easier to accept if the balls weren't such Mary Sue-tier piles of bullshit. Made worse by how seriously the manga and anime want them to be taken, to say nothing of the autistic fans who cling to it like it's "so real" that a giant magic ball with magic armor, folded over one mirrion times drives along any terrain at over 500 km/hour and is immune to any weapon it wants to be that's not a ball, but also that, too sometimes because plot.
>>
>>13905946
>autistic fans
It's literally one ESL you autist.
>>
>>13905961
There's been more discussion about it than this thread.
Cute "No U!" comeback. You must be one of those autistic fans.
>>
Fire decoy missiles at one non-stop. Slip a real nuke occasionally to keep it honest. Eventually, the ball cooks itself from firing all those lazers
>>
>>13905990
>There's been more discussion about it than this thread.
Yeah the other threads with the same guy.

I look forward to you loudly proclaiming how Heavy Object is overrated and the fanbase is terrible as if anyone cares for the next 10 years.
>>
>>13906048
No one will care in one year.
>>
>>13906100
Unfortunately this is /m/, where autism transcends relevance.
>>
>>13906048
>Overrated
This implies that Heavy Object is widely considered good. I don't think that's really the case.
>>
>>13906223
It's not but he seems to think one or two people that post a lot count.
>>
>>13906223
It's got some great characters and I enjoy macgyvering.

That's it but for me, it's enough.
>>
File: 1269580080603.jpg (334KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1269580080603.jpg
334KB, 800x600px
>>13905473
> The Pentagon Wars is a comedy, not a documentary.
> It had little accuracy to the development history of the Bradley.

It is based on a true story, go search for the reports.
You didn't have clearly obstructive and inept armschair general but the Bradley's development was equally ridiculous. But as for the F-35 they very good PR making sure you can't pick up the madness before it is too late. Like inter-army rivalry leading to conflicting goals, interference from manufacturers to force choices/sells, and test that are not faked but utterly biased.

Spoonfeding :
http://articles.philly.com/1986-04-18/news/26080690_1_troop-carrier-bradley-fighting-vehicle-army-surgeon
http://www.eng.umd.edu/~austin/enes489p/lecture-resources/BradleyFightingVehicle-Scenario.pdf

It's amazing the Bradley still turned out efficient.
>>
Do they ever say what yield of nuke was used on the object? cause just saying they hit it with a nuke does not actually say how big an explosion it took.
>>
>>13909415
It looked like a couple hundred kilotons. Not that big as far as nukes are concerned but certainly enough to wipe a fleet off the map.
>>
File: 038.jpg (835KB, 1466x2162px) Image search: [Google]
038.jpg
835KB, 1466x2162px
>>13903579
>Sure, that could have been what happened to Japan. After all, it's not one of the mentioned nations.

In fact, Japan is part of the "Capitalist Corporations", but in its territory claims "Faith Organization"

In fact, no legal prohibitions and formal arrangements it is not, there prsto accepted by civilized people to fight with the "object" ... If the enemy does not want to follow the rules of the "clean war", then they are considered terrorists and insurgents, and the same " Objects "is cleaning the territory on which the Irregulars base
>>
>>13904966
>2500+ 5th generation fighters,

Very unreliable and expensive fighter and completely useless attack aircraft ...

However, in the "HO" universe, the question of the usefulness of such widgets have long been resolved
>In the mock battle, it took out 1500 of fighter`s, after all, Objects use anti-air lasers and no match for the speed of light. ...
>>
File: kbrad3.jpg (84KB, 600x359px) Image search: [Google]
kbrad3.jpg
84KB, 600x359px
>>13908963
>It is based on a true story, go search for the reports.

The movie and the book rely on ignorance of the Bradley's development to create the appearance of scandal.

Col. Burton interaction with the Bradley's development was investigating if aluminum armor would react more dangerously to penetration by a shaped charge warhead than steel armor.
>>
>>13909940
That is retarded though, these numbers are meaningless seeing as they come from in universe , so of course they will say whatever to justify retard bowling ball object. And here is something i do not think anyone has asked, assuming you could create an energy source powerful enough to power that many lasers where the hell does the heat go? Lasers, even the best lasers, are only ever 30% efficient at transferring power-usable energy, the other 70% is dumped as heat into the machine. If this think has like 60+ Lasers not to mention the super sized ones, where is the heat vents? Because unless the guns are replaced regularly they would destroy themselves from over-heating. Lasers are not infinite round machines, and a Laser without radiators is significantly less.
>>
>>13909940
For a second I though Pierre Sprey had graced /m/ with is presence, then I realized he would have hated the Objects because they are too fancy and full of useless junk.
>>
File: 1449436750183.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449436750183.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>13910878
>assuming you could create an energy source powerful enough to power that many lasers where the hell does the heat go?
Probably the same place anime characters poop.
>>
>>13910947
I've seen lots of fanart that tells me exactly where they poop.
>>
>>13910878
Why does it matter, the entire story takes place in arctic areas anyways.

And why are you so certain that the Objects don't have vents?
>>
>>13886124
It's just a land ship.
>>
>>13911203
>Why does it matter, the entire story takes place in arctic areas anyways.

Oy Mate. There is an entire arc down under. Struth, it's like you didn't even watch it!

More seriously: I'm enjoying it. The premise isn't really...realistic but I'm a mech fan. I'll take unrealistic if it does anything interesting and I'm still enjoying 'Infantry vs Mechs'.

Not going to make my top 5 or even top 10 mech shows but it's got a bit of charm.
>>
>>13890702
shut your fucking mouth you retarded nerd. Can you get more basement dweller?
>>
My biggest gripe with Objects is they're toted as "COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY INDESTRUCTIBLE! ONLY ANOTHER OBJECT HAS A CHANCE TO EVEN DENT THE ARMOUR ON ONE."

And then we have a handful of autists just what, go and blow them up arguably regularly? The premise of the show makes the entire thing retarded. Why even have Objects if all it takes to destroy one is a beta MC and a tsundere loli?

Mind you, I haevn't watched this and will never watch this and will most likely hide this thread after I click submit, but still. The entire premise of "Perpetually Undecided Slow Sissy Youth MC and his harem of anime girl cliches destroy indestructible weapons of mass plot" makes one wonder.
>>
File: 1452874578241.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452874578241.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
>>13911858
>post something retarded
>run away before you can even be called retarded
What a faggot
>>
>>13910878
Considering the shear mass of an Object and the relative frailty of most aircraft I doubt that the excess heat is going to be an issue. Most of the weaponry is externally mounted and there are dozens of laser mountings. Even if any given emitter can only fire two or three pulses in succession that's still enough to maul the air forces of most countries.
>>
>>13911858
Wasted your time typing this up.
>>
>>13913365

Well, is he wrong?
>>
>>13911858
Wow it's almost like it would take a worldwide conspiracy for them to work like this!
READ THE LN
>>
>>13913370
Mostly, it's in the presentation. They never fight an Object directly and win. In fact, directly attacking an Object is generally shown to be a Bad Idea. However, since Obejcts tend to be huge, maintenance hungry things that rely on cutting edge engineering it's possible to hobble them enough that one Object has an edge against another.

For example, tamper with the right circuitry of a replacement part and you can convince an Object's computer that it's about to explode and eject the pilot.

You could spoof it's ground sensors and throw it off balance or sneak inside one and hold the pilot at gun point.

Sometimes, just spotting the target is enough.
>>
>>13913490
Why did you capitalizes "Bad Idea"?
Did you copy paste from TVTropes?
>>
>>13913490
>For example, tamper with the right circuitry of a replacement part and you can convince an Object's computer that it's about to explode and eject the pilot.
>You could spoof it's ground sensors and throw it off balance or sneak inside one and hold the pilot at gun point.

You know, put like this they sound incredibly easy to deal with. And only two idiots are capable of doing that?
>>
>>13913493
Good Idea
Bad Idea from the Warner Bros.cartoon. I just wanted to highlight how hilariously wrong it can go.
>>
>>13913506
Well, in the first case you need to access the spare parts of one of the most classified machines on the planet.

The second involves being directly beneath the feet of a multi thousand ton war machine just to realize that it's got IR terrain sensors.

And keep in mind that most Object's designs are kept secret so they have to work out the weaknesses on their own while trying not to be squashed like a bug.
>>
>>13913524

Well, two morons imbued with the power of luck and convenience seem to have no trouble with it, I don't think a unit of trained professionals would do much worse.
>>
>>13913533
You say that like they haven't escaped by the skin of their teeth every time.
>>
>>13913587

So clearly the solution is to get more people who aren't idiots.

Not like they're worse off, either.
>>
>>13913594
Except all the smart ones are as far away from the Object battles as they can get.

Really, watch the series before you pass judgement like this.
>>
>>13913624

So what the hell are special forces-types doing, playing tiddlywinks?
>>
>>13913643
What special forces? Most of them went out with the conventional forces.

What are you going to do to an Object? Hit it with an ATGM? Plant C4 on it? Assault it's well defended support bases? Please, you'd loose your most highly trained troops for nothing.

Qwenthur and Havia get away with it because Quenthur is an engineering genius that can deduce how an Object works at a glance.

Really, if you've got questions then watch the show and find answers.
>>
>>13913669
See in real life you can destroy literally anything with conventional weapons because actual things aren't arbitrarily invulnerable because the plot demands it.
>>
>>13913669
>What are you going to do to an Object? Hit it with an ATGM? Plant C4 on it? Assault it's well defended support bases? Please, you'd loose your most highly trained troops for nothing.

Well, in fairness, given what you've outlined, it certainly seems like the second would work, or even the first, given the abundance of convenient weakspots to exploit and provided a veteran solider has a working brain cell.

And I know the point of this stupid setting is that warfare is decided by balls with guns because one of them wrecked a bunch of planes and tanked a nuke and that was enough for it to take its mantle as the future of modern combat, but only an idiot does away with special forces. Then again, maybe the author was aware of what a team of covert operatives could do a single Object and had them removed, giving two bumbling clods the ability to do everything.
>>
>>13913680
Look, if you deny suspension of disbelief then the entirety of fiction is worthless.

>>13913688
They tried the whole C4 thing on the second Object and failed horribly.

>Clods
Are you...a Steven Universe fan?

Giving HO a hard time over realism?
>>
>>13913725
...you DO know SU didn't invent that insult, right?
>>
>>13913725

What?

No, 'clod' is a word. Though I suppose 'fucking idiot' may fit more considering.

>Giving HO a hard time over realism?

When it tries to present itself seriously enough to posit that horribly flawed gunspheres are the future of the military in its setting with a straight face, yes.
>>
>>13913725
Sorry, but things being arbitrarily invulnerable for no apparent reason, not even an apparent in-universe reason is something that makes it pretty difficult to suspend my disbelief.

There's nothing about the properties of an object that should reasonably cause it to actually be effective.

It's not so much a matter of realism as it is the premise of an Object failing the most basic reasoning. There's no answer to the question "What makes an Object more powerful than any other type of war machine" beyond their reactors, which could just as easily be used in any other king of large combat vehicle.
>>
File: 1322325810743.jpg (550KB, 1200x864px) Image search: [Google]
1322325810743.jpg
550KB, 1200x864px
Don't anyone realize Heavy Object are basically Superweapon with a single point failure like the Death Star ?

Gotta respect that for once they do a story were you have to win against insane weapon through unconventional mean (and sabotage, something for villain) but Author having no sense of scale and no common sense severely hurt any premise.

How can an Heavy Object hurt another one if nuke don't work ?
It seem the only way to destroy one would be to destroy their logistic chains/bases, cutting its supply. One might attempt to retaliate but they apparently don't have the range for that.

You can make far better premise (and far better CG) even with the same plot.
Take "Arpeggio of Blue Steel" : Only keeping Battleship + Unbreakable Shield you have a better setting.

Heavy Object is hugely disappointing.
They could have made METAL GEAR like robot with ENERGY SHIELD and at they would look cool as hell.
>>
>>13913782
Please refrain from posting until you learn to use coherent English. That crap hurts to read.
>>
>>13885120
Let me save you some time OP so that you don't have to watch the show
It's dumb.
So dumb I plan on watching this shit to completion so that I can shit on it forever.
>One nuke burned through about half of a first gen's armor, right?
You're going to be so mad if you continue and find that half Objects that are supposedly invulnerable to conventional weapons are defeated by conventional weapons that just happen to hit their weak spots.
They defeated an objected that flew around on compressed air last week by blinding a single IR sensor on the bottom.
This show is fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1446335338779.jpg (205KB, 780x840px) Image search: [Google]
1446335338779.jpg
205KB, 780x840px
>>13913941
>They defeated an objected that flew around on compressed air last week by blinding a single IR sensor on the bottom.
Nobody deserves the death sentence. But sometimes...
>>
>>13913941
...well, fuck me. This sounds so jaw-droppingly dumb I might have to watch it just so I can believe it actually happened.
>>
Have you a seriously just ignored the post that spelled out for you that the prevalence of Objects is a sham and result of a conspiracy? LITERALLY remnants of the old world order running things behind the scenes using Objects to control the pace of politics, they don't need reactors, elites have no special genetics, Objects are actually pretty infeasible when fought properly, they're constantly trying to kill the MCs, the whole nine yards.
>>
>>13913734
>When it tries to present itself seriously enough to posit that horribly flawed gunspheres are the future of the military in its setting with a straight face, yes.

Keep in mind that we're only about two or three generations into Object engineering. Of course it's going to be weird. Hell, the armor is doubling as a heat/power distribution system. I wouldn't be surprised if the engineers didn't know how to do sharp corners with it.

>>13913941
Please, your simplifying. The Object used air cushions and pistons to jump. The IR ground sensor was required to deal with uneven terrain. Qwenthur spoofed the ground sensor with an IR laser and this caused the system to misjudge the landing and fall over. It wasn't actually destroyed until Baby Magnum got a couple salvos into it.
>>
>>13914094

So everything in the setting is pointless, then. That's a good way to handle your creation.
>>
>>13913941
>So dumb I plan on watching this shit to completion so that I can shit on it forever.
Glad I'm no the only person who does this.
>>
>>13914109
>Single sensor with no redundancy or error checking
>>
>>13914216
Which is surprisingly common for engineering. Especially for large scale builds. The USS Washington had it's radar cut out right before the Battle of Guadalcanal.
>>
>>13914269
>extremely important to the mode of locomotion of an extremely important weapon with supertechnology vs WWII ship's radar
How did he spoof it, anyway?
>>
>>13914292
Watch the show, find out for yourself.

No seriously, badmouthing a show you haven't watched doesn't have any credibility. Explaining the story also does it no justice. Most of the fun is watching Qwenthur and Havia dealing with shit FAR above their paygrade and then macgyvering their way out of trouble.
>>
File: 1439605298826.jpg (15KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1439605298826.jpg
15KB, 318x318px
>>13914109
>100 metre metal ball
>Uses air cushions
>To
>Jump

Jesus Christ, and it does this why? to avoid what? I thought these things were armed with lasers?
>>
>>13914311

Or you could just answer his question directly instead of being vague for no reason.
>>
>>13914311
I dunno, nobody's been able to convince me to. That's not their job obviously but I'm not going to waste my time when I basically know how it goes. I disliked a lot of stuff from the first two episodes and dropped it there.
>>
>>13914328
Bypassing difficult terrain like cliffs and ridges, apparently.

It was really a pretty bad design for something that's supposed to travel at 500 kmph
>>
>>13913941
>This show is fucking retarded.
It's just as dumb as giant robos fighting kung fu and space pop idols fighting against aliens, but any of these plots are meant to be taken seriously.
>>
File: 20070831.jpg (2MB, 5000x2508px) Image search: [Google]
20070831.jpg
2MB, 5000x2508px
>>13914389
Nice generalisation retard, a majority of those series that want you to believe mecha are viable show combined warfare, where they are used in conjunction with other vehicles and units, like Dougram or Patlabor. Even shit like Gundam shows that mobile suits are just a new kind of vehicle not the be all and end all of warfare. And Macross was never meant to be a realistic science fiction series, it started as a Space Battleship Yamato parody for gods sake.
>>
>>13914436
Are you saying that Heavy Object is supposed to be taken seriously?
The same anime that has a guy groping his CO so that she wouldn't marry an asshole?
>>
File: 1269580230685.jpg (38KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
1269580230685.jpg
38KB, 500x393px
>>13914269
> Which is surprisingly common for engineering. Especially for large scale builds. The USS Washington had it's radar cut out right before the Battle of Guadalcanal.

Not at all.
A long range radar is a single sensor that is large because it does a lot.
A basic utility sensor on the other hand often has at minimum triple redundancy because they are small and cheap. Take airliner : it took icing over all Pitot tube to make a plane crash.

Had the Death-star followed real engineering rules it would have had redundant system for everything. Then exploded by itself because of a vent built through a torpedo blastwall
>>
>>13914340
>>13914358
I'm not being vague for no reason, I'm being vague so you'll WATCH THE DAMN SHOW.

Seriously, badmouthing something you know nothing about is silly at best and idiotic at worse. Getting your facts wrong or not having any is an amateur mistake.

You want to complain about something? Complain about how IBO has these long stretches without action or how Active Raid is utterly pointless, trying to combine Patlabor with Super Sentai.

But don't complain about how silly Objects are when the entire plot of Heavy Objects is taking advantage of how silly Objects are.
>>
File: 1439553331952.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439553331952.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>13914311
Well i went and watched the first 3 episodes. And it is pretty bad. Completely ignoring the issues with objects and the world building there were a ton of other problems.
>Characters are pretty badly written, as typical of A Certain Loli Waifu no Index man
>Lazy over use of CGI, not even the objects with this, backgrounds and static assets.
>Audio tearing, i don't know if this is like just me, but every time one of the Objects shot anything my audio red lined and sounded horrible.
>Bad animation (non CGI) there are some pretty great off character moments that would give the original mobile suit gundam a run for it's money.
> The aforementioned plot issues with what are basically a couple of dudes in Alaska taking out a trillion dollar machine with stupidly simple tactitcs, even if as others here have said all SF have disbanded you could hire some hobo's and let them do the work seeing how easy it is.
>>
>>13914471
>how Active Raid is utterly pointless, trying to combine Patlabor with Super Sentai.
Why is that pointless? Because you said so?
>>
>>13914476
I hate to say this, but HO worst episodes are the first 3 ones, which are the more boring ones.
The next arc is only 2 episodes and shows well what is the style of the anime if you are willing to bother with it.
>>
>>13914459
That is what >>13914389
was implying. The difference being that other shows go the distance to at least somewhat justify themselves reasonably.

For example Gundams mobile suits where introduced at a time in japan where the first generation of people to see aeroplanes were still living. SO the idea of a new environment spawning a new vehicle of warfare is not too far-fetched.
>>
>>13914481
>>13914476
And I forgot to mention. The anime isn't going to have any impressive animation moment anytime soon.
It is supposed to be dumb action, which does well in my opinion.
>>
>>13914497
See we would not be having this thread if that was how this started but it was not, because we have instead had 10+ threads about how Objects make so much sense and are superior to giant robots.
>>
>>13914491
You linked two of my posts and I didn't imply that.
What I implied was some shows just don't go an extra mile to make some things believable, they just go with it for fun and shits, like:

>giant robos fighting kung fu (G Gundam)
>and space pop idols fighting against aliens (Macross Delta)
>>
>>13914518
There i would agree but some shows are just for fun and that is fine. Knightmare frames in Code Geass are not meant to be the realistic ultimate form of ground combat, they serve the show's plot and ideas. But as >>13914515
Stated all the Heavy Object threads we have had have been this >>13913782 guy who believes this to be some how inordinately more realistic than Gundam etc...
>>
>>13914546
The only thing that Objects are more realistic probably is the fact that it isn't a giant human-like robot that is still viable in combat, which apparently has been proven to be a waste of research and development time since the thing wouldn't manage to stand up without crumbling down.
But if I had to bet if you put an Object and a Gundam in the same place to fight, a Gundam would probably win.
>>
>>13914471

Yes you are. It's a simple question he asked, it's not asking for a treatise on In Search Of Lost Time. "How did he spoof the sensor?" Can't you answer it without resorting to cruise control like a child?
>>
>>13914577
Even a with the humanoid form having issues, a sphere that large would collapse. Steel does not have infinite support power, if Heavy Objects were pyramidal maybe then?
>>
>>13914712
Dunno. I just know that making a spherical super tank might be just a waste of metal if you can do the same with any other shape.
>>
>>13914712
A sphere consisting mostly of armor plates would have much fewer problems than a humanoid vehicle of approximate mass.

Like infinitely fewer problems.
>>
>>13914736
>>13914758
it would also cost less. Which is counterproductive to their purpose.
>>
File: 1390313537843.jpg (739KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1390313537843.jpg
739KB, 1920x1200px
>>13914736
The point is that it is not even likely viable in that form.
>>13914758
Well we know in a purely structural sense That a Gundam is (statically) feasible. At Object size we have also built statues, so the humanoid is not impossible (statically). The sphere is allot simpler, yes, but it's biggest drawback is it's inherent shape, add in equivalent mass and you encounter some real issues. The Spring Temple Bhudda is 1000 tonnes, a sphere of armour dense enough to sweat off a nuke and you start to see issues, add in the fact that Objects are balanced on strange leg combinations and mounted with weapons and you face even more complications, add in that it has to move, and well, (lets ignore that is manages to go 500kmph some how)
>>
>>13915032
>if you can build a hollow statue of it that means you can build the real thing
Ah, so this retard still comes here.
>>
>>13915049
And i quote from my post : "in a purely structural sense That a Gundam is (statically) feasible" I know reading is hard, but do please try.
>>
>>13915067
It is when your English reads like the back of a ramen packet fed into Google Translate and read by a Mexican cleaning lady.
>>
>>13915089
Ah so you have difficulties understanding well that is not my problem.
>>
>>13915067
If you build a Gundam that can move and has actual armor it is going to be much, much, much heavier than that statue. Why is this so hard to grasp?
>>
>>13915098
It's not. I was talking about A humanoid shape vs a large spherical shape in once again: " a purely structural sense " So their STRUCTURE and MASS in relation to their size, not hypothetical reactor cores, not hypothetical weapons or fuel. That is why is posted 1-1 Gundam, we have made it in STRUCTURE at least, yes it is not functioning but it is something that actually exists. We have never constructed a 100m steel sphere. If you add in Guns, Support and Mobility it only favours the Gundam more. The Japanese Government was legitimately researching this as a publicity event for Olympics 2020.
>>
>>13915093
>Ah! So you have difficulties understanding. Well, that is not my problem.
Look, we see that English isn't your first language, but you can at least try and add some commas and proper punctuation.
>>
>>13914596
And you're fishing.
>>
>>13915158
Here let me make this simple
Largest Sphere in the world: Unisphere
320,000 kg
320. American Tonnes
Mostly hollow
43 metres diameter.

I doubt the 1/1 Gundam is anywhere near that heavy.
>>
File: Spaceship_Earth_2.jpg (2MB, 2401x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceship_Earth_2.jpg
2MB, 2401x1920px
>>13913782
>How can an Heavy Object hurt another one if nuke don't work ?
Well you could drop three nukes on it and turn everywhere you fight into an ecological hazard while being viewed morally reprehensible, or you could just shoot it a few times with a railgun and watch them blow themselves up to keep from being captured.

Baby Magnum is the size of Spaceship Earth by the way, you fucking tards.
>>
By the way, the reason Qwenthur and Havia are even remotely effective (and considering besides the complete miracle of taking out Water Strider indirectly the only one they've actually destroyed on their own was a half finished third world dictator crap prototype) is because 2nd generation Objects forego most of their capability against conventional forces to specialize in anti-Object fighting. Baby Magnum itself is a solid all rounder with the firepower to finish off any enemy thrown at it but is always considered outmatched because of the specialized capabilities of its opponents.

Anyways Heavy Object is not some gritty near future scenario or anything, it's just super robot battle royale with some science fiction real robot justification.
>>
>>13916136
>Anyways Heavy Object is not some gritty near future scenario or anything, it's just super robot battle royale with some science fiction real robot justification.

And bewbs
>>
>>13885928
Fuck you dude, Sega Hard Girls had pretty ok graphics because EVERYTHING was CGI. Heavy Object looks bad because the CGI sticks out from the hand drawn stuff.
>>
>>13913493
Do you think everything is from TVTropes?
>>
>>13918221
If he's a TVtropes user then he probably does. That site is like a degenerative brain disease.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.