[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Code Geass rips off preacher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: code gay ass.jpg (51KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
code gay ass.jpg
51KB, 640x448px
The Geass is a rip-off of the Word of God from Preacher. Both allow the users victims to obey their words and their eye glows red and both main characters are out for revenge. Only the Geass is never used as memorably as the Word of God is. Jesse Custer told people to fuck themselves, count every grain of sand on the beach. The only time the Geass stood out was when he told that guy to never speak again. But all of that is for nothing as that guy dies literally half a minute later. What's the point of doing something like that if there are no repercussions, we never see how much their life sucks afterwards?
>>
>>
>>13883948
>Preacher invented magical brainwashing or hypnosis

That's just as bad as pretending Code Geass invented it.
>>
>>13883948
What about that girl he told to mark that wall every day. Did he ever specify how long? Is she just going to spend the rest of her life frantically trying to sneak on to campus to mark that wall every day? Does she end up in a padded room?
>>
>>13884026
From the wiki...
>Order: To make a cross-shaped mark on the wall every day at a specific time.
>Target: Unnamed female Ashford Academy student
>Notes: The last mark is shown unfinished in R2, because all former students apart from the student council were transferred. According to supplemental materials, she still attempts to follow the Geass even when separated from the school, but fails due to the distance involved.
>>
>>13883948
ORAAAAANGE
>>
File: Young Char.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Young Char.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
Code Geass is a ripoff of Gundam
Lelouch is Char (pictured)
>>
>>13883948
You do realize that "Geass " in the show was a Faustian contract that give them powers based on deep down desires one has.
Which is why Mao got the power to read other's mind?And that's why it goes of control due to overuse .
(Wow, I just figured out that Madoka ripped code geass).

I am tired of folks who associate the geass collectively to one Lelouch got.
>>
>>13883948
>Preacher invented geas
laughinggaels.jpg
>>
>>13886304
>I am tired of folks who associate the geass collectively to one Lelouch got.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geis
>>
>>13886764
Gee, if only anon specified
>in the show
>>
>>13884036

Or in simpler terms she wakes up in the middle of the night, starts to leave the house and then realizes she can't possibly do the command, at which point it shuts off for the night.

Her family thinks she just has sleepwalking problems.
>>
>>13883948
>>13886304
A Geas or Geis or whatever is a thing in Celtic mythology, basically a suggestion that cannot be ignored. Only Lelouche's Geass follows that, the rest are just generic superpowers. Read up on Cu Cullain.
>>
>>13886790
That's because the writers were dumb enough to make Geass a proper name for a general set of powers when only Lelouch actually held the power to cast geas.
>>
>>13886971
Why is this a reply to my post? How does it add to or debate with anything in my post?
>>
V For Vendetta is a rip-off of Code Geass
>>
>>13886979
Are you stupid?
>>
>>13886764
>>13886817

As anon here >>13886790 pointed out ,I should have specified when fans talk about the show rather than it's original irish origins IRL.

Because you see in those eye power threads normies post they talk about getting geass from code geass forgetting the fact that the power endowed will be like making a wish to the room in the zone(Stalker ) , you don't know what you will get since The room only grants your deepest desire in your sub-conscious . mind
>>
File: noboruk-on.jpg (205KB, 640x1920px) Image search: [Google]
noboruk-on.jpg
205KB, 640x1920px
>>13888600
>As anon here >>13886790 pointed out ,I should have specified when fans talk about the show rather than it's original irish origins IRL.
As explained here: >>13886971
Lelouch's power is actually called Geass, or geas, or geis, or however it's spelled in fairyrunes, you get the idea. Right down to the way it's cast (established eye contact). Calling all the other powers "Geass" was a huge mistake because it confuses the people already acquainted with geas through RPGs or Celtic mythology (which is fucking awesome, by the way). Keep in mind Fate aired the same year, and most people on /a/ at least read the wikipedia pages for the cast; CuChulainn's noteworthy achievements include killing his son because of a geas.
>Because you see in those eye power threads normies post they talk about getting geass from code geass forgetting the fact that the power endowed will be like making a wish to the room in the zone(Stalker ) , you don't know what you will get since The room only grants your deepest desire in your sub-conscious . mind
Anon, the only other instances of geas were either plot devices (newtype hax with Ko1) or used in conjunction with plot devices (foreshadowing with Mao, who had the easiest power to exploit outside of geas.
Lelouch's was the titular geas and it was basically the only one that's on the box. Normies who have never seen the show associate Lelouch's geas with the traditional Irish kind, even if they don't know about the origins.
>>
>>13889569
In the end, it's all a matter of what works for a fictional context. It's only a "mistake" if you expect Code Geass (or any other anime for that matter) to be a literal slave to real life terms rather than simply take one of them as inspiration for its own supernatural power.
>>
>miss
if only there was a way to do red text
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.