[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS2 vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 1001032208f436c46110fccdd9.jpg (140KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
1001032208f436c46110fccdd9.jpg
140KB, 500x714px
People hated Climax UC for some reason, but i liked it. Its like improved encounters in space, but not only in space alone.

Progression mode was better than mission mode, because actually contained a well written story, not just simple missions.

I love everything that place similar to Another Century's Episode, though.
>>
everything that plays*
>>
>>13883723
Is that the actual box art?
That flimsy logo you can barely read makes it looks like something from deviantArt.
>>
>>13883907
mumblemubmle Gunda~m mumblemumble
>>
>>13883723

>10 years later I still can't beat the Gelgoog and the Byg Zam Extra Missions

orz

>I love everything that place similar to Another Century's Episode, though.

Sadly that franchise is dead no thanks to R

>>13883907

>Is that the actual box art?

Yes actually
>>
>>13883723
what
I fucking adored Climax UC
I wish for a game that is just that one Progress Mode but with significant more detail.
Playing through all of the Universal Century as your own pilot, then doing late UC as your own child is aces in my book.
>>
>>13883723

My issue with Climax UC is that it's rather repetitive in strange ways (it's hard to put my finger on it) and they oddly leave out certain bits of everyone's story mode (Jerid only gets his first sortie in the Marasai, model the Byalant for Four's death but can't use it, only Haman available for Neo Zeon and doesn't cover ZZ).

I did appreciate the Progress Mode though, it's the natural evolution of EIS' mission mode and I liked how the available choices were thought out from a faction standpoint (going from Titans to the AEUG for the ZZ portion). It just needed more polish and mobile suits to choose from.
>>
>>13883723
Thing I love from this game is the motion blur effect every time something exploded. It makes the battlefield more chaotic compared to relatively clean Gundam VS Zeta Gundam.

But I hate that weapon charging system. The stupidest system to change weapons really
>>
Weapon charging is hilariously stupid. but otherwise it plays nicely.

It's like a console prototype version of those Gundam Battle games for the PSP.
Fuck, I wish those games would make a comeback.
>>
The only thing I remember about this game is this AMAZING intro movie:
https://youtu.be/90UtRdqCkEc
>>
>>13884758
same I never played it, but I used to play this movie over and over again.
I might try emulating this now though
>>
>>13884249
>>13884527

This. It's fucking retarded for moments like the final ZZ mission where you have to fave a maxed-up Qubeley running at sonic speeds while you are charging your mega particle cannon ever 30 seconds AND MISS.

I hated the mission aspects of the game since you can't ever explore the map without getting a powerful and agile suit like F91 to run through everything. I feel like the game could have gone for a fixed sequel, but I guess it'll never happen.
>>
>>13885838
*you have to face the Qubeley

Also, before that mission, there's that gay-as-fuck mission against the Quin Mantha using a shitty Zeta Gundam.
>>
And don't forget there's an alternate version of the intro movie as well (2:10 mark)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1425140

>>13885838

At least it is more managable than say ... using the GP-02A since all you get are vulcans, more vulcans, and the Atomic Bazooka that takes centuries to charge
>>
>>13885868
The atomic bazooka is worthless as fuck and fails when you think it worked. The best thing to do when using GP02 is to melee everything and vulcan everything that is still alive.
>>
>>13885868
>>13885886
For 0083 unit I remember controlling Dendrobium is very difficult. I'm struggling to beat 0083 chronicle more than other timeline because of that.
MA control in this game is really shit, kinda explain why transformation for unit such as Zeta is just active skill that can be replaced.
>>
>>13884072
Was R that bad? I only ever got to play 2 and 3.
>>
>>13884115
i always pick the girls for my late UC runs

and what the hell is Crossbone X1 3rd weapon anyway, it shoot atomic bombs like GP02
>>
The Qubeley fights made me respect Char more as a pilot.
>>
>>13886430
R was a really amazing cast with a really sub par control scheme
>>
>>13886495
So the SRW K of ACE games?
>>
File: m93_13.jpg (40KB, 600x284px) Image search: [Google]
m93_13.jpg
40KB, 600x284px
>>13886434
A gun that fires atomic shell
Antarctic Treaty doesn't apply to pirates
>>13886495
Control is just one of many issues with R
>>
>>13886434
>>13886536
I suppose small scale atomic weapons would be okay if you only ever use them in deep space anyway.
>>
>>13886524
If SRW K had unskippable animations, yes.
>>
>>13886495
It's like they tried to make the worst ACE game possible.
>Tension system
>Awkward as fuck boost dash
>Minimal crossover
>Amazing series choice but shit roster
>Need to finish the game 10000 times just to unlock a unit
>NO SKIP MOVIE made the previous point a lot worse than it is already
>>
>>13883723
when it comes strictly to gameplay mechanics, this is a huge downgrade. in fact, of the three games to use the EiS engine (encounters in space, never ending tomorrow, climax uc) EiS is still the best game. they took the engine and just gimped it for each following game.
>>
I got a decent toaster that's capable of Ps2 emulation and I'm currently playing AC: Nexus. ZOE will be next on my list. What other /m/ vidja do you guys recommend?
>>
>>13886606
all the gundam games you can find and another century's episode.
>>
>>13886606
whatever SRW if you're into that
front mission 5
macross
VOTOMS
>>
>>13886679
>front mission 5
Thank god there's a fan translation of that.
>>
Anybody know what the best ps3 gundam game is? Newest musou? Extreme vs?
>>
>>13886606
ACE2.
ACE3 has a problem that causes it to crash during cutscenes or something.
>>
>>13887576
Unicorn plays the best, like a not shit ACE R, but doesn't have a lot of content.
The side story games can be pretty fun too. Only get Musou or the VS games if you like the hack and slashy kind of game or nothing but arcade fightan games.
>>
>>13887576
Gundam Senki 0081 is pretty cool, Unicorn is good too but it's restricted to the OVA suits.
>>
>>13887576
If you have to play musou you'd better get gundam breaker instead.
>>
>>13887606
Anon, its fixable.

Set EE/FPU clamping mode to "Full"
Vu0 and Vu1 to SuperVU Recomplier
And VU clamping mode to "Full" too

Its simple and very easy to set up.
>>
>>13886561
>polluting the purity of space
Get off, filthy earther!
>>
>>13890643
uh, it was spacenoids
nuking spacenoids
just the circle of life taking care of it's own trash

It goes ;
Titans(have all the rights and more) > Earthnoids(have some rights as long as they obey the Titans) > Spacenoids (have no rights) > Jovians (Have less than no rights, unless they are the rich fuel industry class, then they have less rights than Titans, but more than Earthnoids)

so there
>>
>>13890643
Does radiation from a small nuke is something to be worried in space where cosmic radiation running rampant?
>>
I'm this anon here >>13886606 And I just finished Nexus. That's one frustrating ending.
I decided to play FM5 next instead of ZOE.
>>
I just bought a PS2 and never played any of the Gundam games. Which ones should I pick up?
>>
>>13883723
I remember playing it once, and i did not revisit it ever since cause i realized that there's one thing i disappointed about the game.

The game promotes as "Reliving your life as a soldier through the UC timelines. You started up as a young rookie during OYW and ended up as an old man in later UC years. I thought that was an awesome idea.

And then i realized that i spend 2-3 missions per timeline. Which is OYW, Zeta, Double Zeta, CCA and Far UC. That actually disappoints me a lot.
>>
File: 1455693917897.jpg (42KB, 442x360px) Image search: [Google]
1455693917897.jpg
42KB, 442x360px
>>13890567
Not him but thanks senpai.
>>
I really oughta go digging through the archives for that one anon who posted the VOTOMs PS2 iso a while back.
>>
>>13898029
There's some links on emuparadise, but only in the forums. You need to have an account to see them.

Anyway, go for it. I downloaded it back in 2011, but only played it this year. Really fun game, once you get the hang of it.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.