[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>almost 10 years ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: images-17.jpg (17KB, 350x198px) Image search: [Google]
images-17.jpg
17KB, 350x198px
>almost 10 years ago
>>
And Akito still hasn't finished!
>>
File: Leeloosh.jpg (55KB, 636x448px) Image search: [Google]
Leeloosh.jpg
55KB, 636x448px
JIBUUUN WOOOOOOO
>>
REEHROOOOOOSH
>>
I Code Geass dubbed recently.

Holy shit. How is this garbage acceptable? I can buy nobody being able to pronounce Suzaku's name because he's an 11 and the main cast isn't, but him not being able to pronounce his own name is crazy. Who thought JYB was an acceptable Lelouch? Why could no one pronounce "Lelouch?" Why was the direction taking itself so seriously?

Seriously, holy shit, one of the worst dubs ever.
>>
not long enough
>>
>Thought Code Geass was pretty bad
>the other anon in my head says "You know what, maybe you were wrong, ten years is a long time and you were dumb back then, watch it again and re-evaluate for the sake of objectivity"
>watched it again

Nope it's actually worse than I thought it was. Gundam SEED came out more favorably when I rewatched it.

The thing that gets me now is how national and ethic origin is a huge fucking deal in the show, but they couldn't be bothered to make the character designs reflect the ethnic background of the characters.
>>
>>13883674
>Gundam SEED came out more favorably when I rewatched it
If you overlook the two "main couples" SEED is quite acceptable. Then there's Destiny.
>>
I only got around to watching it last year, but I loved it. It definitely has a spot in my top five.

Also Kallen best girl forever.
>>
When do we stop pretending this is babby's first mecha?
>>
>>13883620
Quit watching dubs.
>>
>>13883476
No, you're actually wrong.
Last ep just came out in theaters this month.
>>
>>13883694
Jesus fuck that shit taste
>>
>>13883476
Akito is already over.

>>13883620
JYB was a pretty decent Lelouch. Jun Fukuyama played him better, but the dub was fine. JYB even knew when to ham it up.

I don't think you've seen too many dubs, let alone older ones, if you think Geass has a weak one.

How did they mispronounce Lelouch or Suzaku?
>>
>>13883674
Conversely, I liked Code Geass more on rewatch than Gundam SEED. Quite the opposite of your opinion.

Honestly, you're complaining about anime character designs, of all things, not being realistic?

Besides, nobody looks any different in SEED either, so that's a silly argument.
>>
>>13883700
This and TTGL will probably remain in that category for a while.
>>
>>13883620
Don't tell me you think they should have said

>Szak
>Rurush
>>
>>13883674
Sounds like all you did was reiterate your own previous subjectivity.

Any pretense of objectivity would require you to abandon your own inherent biases, personal preferences and pet-peeves. But it seems you weren't able to do so.
>>
>>13883690
>SEED
>acceptable
Not if he's complaining about character designs at least.
>>
>>13883472
It won't be ten years until fall
>>
>>13883674
Visually speaking, most Japanese characters had black or brown hair, especially in crowd scenes. The more exotic colors like red and yellow were usually limited to Britannians, Caucasians or those of half-blood.

The Empire's discrimination was entirely based on conquering the weak throughout the different nations of the Code Geass world, regardless of their race.

It's not a system concerned with discrimination against Asians or anything. They even considered the Europeans to be inferior.

Even the Japanese can and do become Honorary Britannians after all, including Suzaku, and it's never really presented as being related to how you're supposed to look physically.

The damned Chinese bad guys were supposedly going to become Britannian nobles as well.
>>
>>13883949
It's entirely possible to reach the same conclusion about something on twice.
>>
>>13883949
Or you could be a fucking retard. Just because you watch the same show again years later, does not mean that you are required to change your opinion on it.
>>
File: cc rider.png (400KB, 800x818px) Image search: [Google]
cc rider.png
400KB, 800x818px
Still my forever girl
>>
File: lelouchswirls.gif (351KB, 477x336px) Image search: [Google]
lelouchswirls.gif
351KB, 477x336px
>>13883588
>>
>>13884291
Creayus won't rest until he's drawn CC cosplaying as every anime character who has ever existed.
>>
File: 1.jpg (32KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
32KB, 460x259px
>>13884297
>tfw no [favorite show] C.C.s
>>
>>13884297

It's the vast bulk of his work

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=471355#_=_
>>
>>13883949
>If you do the exact same thing multiple times and don't think differently about the experience you're not being objective
100% chance you have some kind of brain problem.

The only possible explanation for this line of reasoning is that you think Code Geass is goon "objectively" and that anyone who thought it wasn't good was just factually wrong the first time they saw it. Which is retarded.

Otherwise you're literally saying that not arbitrarily changing your entirely subjective opinion about a piece of media every time you see it makes you unobjective. Which is retarded.

Go get a MRI, you might have a brain injury.
>>
>>13883620
Kallen sounded pretty good, just the right amount of anger, agitation and awkwardness.
>>
>>13884460
"RAR! I don't like eating candy. It's too sweet for my teeth."

>Ten years later.

"RAR! I still don't like eating candy! It's still too damn sweet!"

You think that's objective, right?
>>
>>13883923
>sue-ZAH-koo
>LEE-loosh
It's
>sue-zah-k(oo)
>loo-loosh

And JYB is awful. I didn't even make it to the scene where Lelouch snaps at Rolo, but I looked it up and it was legitimately one of the worst performances ever.
>>
Newsflash: Different people can and will like different things.

It's really goddamned pointless to argue about whether someone's negative or positive opinion on a TV show is ever truly "objective" to begin with. Nobody is 100% objective since we're not fucking robots (as much as we might wish to be) and don't share our values.

Feel free to hate or love Code Geass all you what. It's retarded to have a pissing contest over what is more "objective" or not.
>>
>>13884510
Well, it's absolutely nothing new for English dub actors to not pronounce Japanese or foreign terms perfectly. They don't speak Japanese and neither does 95% of the audience who listens to dubs. The opposite is rather uncommon in both areas. I wouldn't make that a requirement for a good dub or else nothing would qualify.

Just looked up that scene to see what you were talking about and...don't see what JYB did wrong there. He lashed out at Rolo as one would expect.
>>
>>13884551
He didn't sound anything like Lelouch when he did it. He was just "JYB yelling at Shinji," not "charismatic asshole yelling at Shinji."
>>
>>13883472
I think it was not the show itself but the the discussion it generated on the internet that made the show the most talked about in the past decade.

For many it was intro to anime medium and soon we had the case of "vocal majority" that never stopped gushing about it.
And Death Note was also airing at that time,leading to clashes and soon we got our armchair "strategists",just to prove how "intelligent" their respective show was.As if the creators actually ran a simulation on the strategy and tactics simulator on a super computer of their complex scenarios for the show.Similar situation happened with LoGH once it was fully subbed. Those who were disdained in CodeGeass Fandom undying smug over self-impossed monopoly on "really intelligent " anime weaponized LoGH to counter it. This led to more clashes and hate for LoGH itself since many didn't watch it for bring old and discarded it within 10 episode to piss off LoGH fans.

What everyone forget was it was just a over the top anime with shoujo flavored melo drama with archetypes token straight out of their own cash cow named Gundam.It wasn't meant to be some sort of some deep literature ffs.
Even these days when some plebbitor makes an chart on entry tier anime,code geass is cited as "political thriller" .I mean come on.

Thanks to all this,it still ignite some flame wars even to this, not quite on the scale it uses to be 9 years ago,but the flames of passion are still alive,that for sure.

And let's not discuss how fans reacted to ending of R2 and length they will go say it is best ending ever even to this day.

After that anime has been pretty tried to copy the success of Code Geass,but none reached what Code Geass had.
>>
>>13883620
>Seriously, holy shit, one of the worst dubs ever.
So FMP season 1?
>>
>>13884510
>>loo-loosh
Then why the fuck didn't they spell it like that?
>>
>>13886635
They did, mongrel. Do you wben French?
>>
>>13886292
I never saw much hate for LOGH. Only some disinterest at most, because tons of politics and space war talk aren't really everyone's cup of tea. Needless to say, I did appreciate the show myself.

And yes, obviously Code Geass was not trying to be "deep literature" either. That's just a few people exaggerating wildly about it. There's a little political color to the proceedings, but it's not really the main purpose of the show. Ending wasn't the best of all time either, but at least it was pretty good.
>>
>>13884297
>he
Creayus is a girl, mate.
>>
>>13888629
Neat.
>>
>>13883472
Better than the current space rat infestation
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.