[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on the English dub of G Gundam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

File: mobilefighterggundam192.jpg (296KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mobilefighterggundam192.jpg
296KB, 1024x768px
What are your thoughts on the English dub of G Gundam?
>>
>>13882039

It's rough around the edges at times, but they're actually pretty decent at doing english versions of super robotish lines.

Better than Wing's dub most of the time.
>>
I think it was ok for its time, with the help of KYOJIIII!!!
>>
I love it, though it definitely has it's QUALITY moments.

One of the only shows I prefer sub to dub.

It's also an example of how you can do english dubs that sound good WITHOUT Steve Blum
>>
>>13882052
Abilities of the dark gundam
>>
It suffered from good acting but very poor voice direction, and the actors not being able to go back and re-record the first half of the series.
>>
>>13882053
Did you mean dub to sub
>>
I thought it's interesting that Domon's did it to pay for medical school and is a doctor now
>>
File: Super Asia.jpg (655KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Super Asia.jpg
655KB, 1600x1200px
>>13882039
love it. Master asia dub>>master asia sub.
>>
>>13882045

The only thing I remember at this point about Wing's English dub is tl;dw.

Zechs.

G's is all right. Rain and the Mobile Trace System was spot-on as fuck.
>>
>>13882154

Except in the death scene.
>>
>>13882157

Heero also played Terry Bogard
>>
>>13882168

I feel like Terry doesn't work if the person voicing him has a good grasp of understanding the english language.
>>
>>13882168

And from what I can recall, Kira's VA was Gaudemaus in that movie.

It doesn't quite work too in that regard.
>>
The guy who plays Domon can't scream nearly as good as Seki, so they added a ton of reverb to compensate. It sounds like shit.

Master Asia actually sounded too powerful/menacing. The Japanese one sounds like a dying old man, which is what he is.

I don't know which name changes are more retarded, the ones motivated by censorship or the ones that have no apparent reason whatsoever. I can confidently say that all of them are retarded, though.
>>
I can't condone the act of changing the names to appease moody mothers.
>>
File: domon.gif (525KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
domon.gif
525KB, 300x225px
>>13882204
found the weeabo
>>13882206
god and devil i can understand but ones like shadow, Spike Gundam, Dark Army? thoses are a bit silly
>>
File: Shuffle_Alliance_Members.jpg (33KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
Shuffle_Alliance_Members.jpg
33KB, 500x384px
>>13882039
Loved it except for bolt gundam, maxter gundam and that faggot neo France gundam. Though the initial design of those three mobile suits kicked way more ass. As for the dialog and character development , it was mostly shit due to so many characters being squeezed in. There were so many episodes and so many mobile suits that I honestly just did not give a shit about because of how ridiculous they were/unnecessary.
> pic very related
>>
File: G Gundam (2).jpg (479KB, 2722x1929px) Image search: [Google]
G Gundam (2).jpg
479KB, 2722x1929px
>>13882252
>grand reveal
>master asia scared
>we're the shuffle alliance!
>next episode
>good bye shuffle alliance
>they're all dead
yay
>>
>>13882262
Whenever I re watch the series I just skip the episodes about the original shuffle alliance and neo France
>>
>>13882228
He's right, though. Mark Gatha is a talented VA, but yelling really isn't his thing. He's just not cut out for voicing someone like Domon.
>>
>>13882282
why those shuffle alliance episodes are really important.
-master asia betrayal
-domon and friends become the new shuffle alliance
-they meet Schwartz
-devil gundam resurrected
and so on. but neo-france episode where domon "kidnaps" a princes to fight george was silly.
>>
>>13882289

I couldn't (COULD NOT) disagree more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXOCzB35kFY
>>
>>13882289
he could yell fine, while the first 20 something episodes aren't worth bragging over later in the series he's really good and fits well with domon.
>>
>>13882203
>And from what I can recall, Kira's VA was Gaudemaus in that movie.

He was also Ed in Ed Edd and Eddy.

and Athrun was Double D.
>>
>>13882320

I can sorta hear the Ed

I cannot hear how Double D and Arthrun are the same
>>
>>13882203
TERREH BEAUX-GAWRD
>>
Liked the part when Domon unleashed the true super mode of Shinning Gundam they included the sound of when its surrounded in a orb while the japanese version didn't had any sound during that time
>>
File: stay in school.png (142KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
stay in school.png
142KB, 800x700px
>>13882185

Terry always works because Terry is the best
>>
File: ystkik02_inlay3.jpg (375KB, 1726x1739px) Image search: [Google]
ystkik02_inlay3.jpg
375KB, 1726x1739px
>>13882203
He's also Ryo from Ronin Warriors
>>
>>13882154
>>13882159
yep pretty much this
that death scene is the only part of the original i prefer
>>
>>13882289
I don't know, I think he really got a talent for it later on, but he stopped voice acting after that.
Just to be fair, let's compare this to the original
https://youtu.be/a5F4oK-hCoY?t=27
https://youtu.be/fm149uP3ihw?t=18
>>
>>13882262
>>13882282
>>13882252
>not liking the original Shuffle Alliance
They are like the best part of the show. Fucking epic.
>>
File: master_asia.jpg (61KB, 388x639px) Image search: [Google]
master_asia.jpg
61KB, 388x639px
>>13882039
What are your thoughts on the G Gundam Mod for Mount & Blade?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mobile-suit-gundam-g-fighter-when-worlds-collide
>>
>>13882045
I'm actually a huge fan of Domon's seiyuu, but the American nailed it.
>>
>>13882204
>The guy who plays Domon can't scream nearly as good as Seki, so they added a ton of reverb to compensate. It sounds like shit.
Are you serious? The Japanese sounded like a dubbed kung-fu movie when it came to audio quality.
>Master Asia actually sounded too powerful/menacing. The Japanese one sounds like a dying old man, which is what he is.
Master Asia is audibly more evil in the original.
>I don't know which name changes are more retarded, the ones motivated by censorship or the ones that have no apparent reason whatsoever.
That's what they get for airing Wing first. The dub was too edgy, so they played it safe in G. And G would have benefitted for being allowed to say "death."
>>
>>13882329
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2beKo7J-fqE
>>
File: AH-HAHAHAHA.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AH-HAHAHAHA.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>13883449
>>
>>13882440

Ronin Warriors was the most blatant attempt to cash in on another anime's success I had seen as a kid.
>>
It has some serious problems like the edited Gundam names (Burning and Dark are understandable and actually work pretty well but the rest are just dumb), the VAs taking about half the series to get into it, and some of the minor characters just sounding terrible. On the plus side, it's insanely quotable, Mark Gatha is able to pull of Domon's hotblooded screams, Dave Petitt OWNS the role of Master Asia from his first appearance, and it's just good cheesy fun.
>>
File: ggundam.gif (499KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ggundam.gif
499KB, 480x360px
>>13882039
I loved Domon and the fact he later became a doctor and him yelling "shinning finger" or "burning finger" every time he gives some one a prostate exam is just hilarious.
>>
>>13883208
What the fuck? but why? don't answer that question
>>
>>13882039
3/10 when Domon's not screaming.

10/10 when Domon is screaming.
>>
>>13882039
>God Gundam = Japanese
>Burning Gundam = English
not sure
>>
WITH THE HELP OF

K I Y O J I I I I I I
>>
>>13882039
With the help of Kyooojiiii! This dub was truly great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXOCzB35kFY
>>
Hey i'm streaming the series starting Monday if anyone is interested
>>
>>13882262
OHH oHH O0O AWHH SHIT!~ I started screaming when I saw this picture I did know fan art of the original shuffle alliance was a thing this is so cool is there more who is the artist! HOLY SHIT
>>
The awfulness of the dub matches the awfulness of the series.
>>
>>13892615
In other words, G Gundam is one of the few series with a perfectly matched dub.

It fits well and appropriately emulates the original's tone.
>>
>>13882039
It's a little thing, but I really like in the final SEKIHA LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN when the burger king appears he does a roar, it just adds a lot of weight to the attack somehow. The silence in the Japanese version doesn't feel right afterwards which is annoying, because I prefer the rest of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fUJ6LehQ3I
>>
>>13894513
>that shot with the God and Devil Gundam
Pure sex
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.