[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F91

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: f91.jpg (67KB, 600x385px) Image search: [Google]
f91.jpg
67KB, 600x385px
Mobile Suit F91

I just finished this movie for the first time- what the actual fuck did I just watch?

I understand it was originally intended as a 50 episode series and was cut off early in production, but really what the fuck.

The story was almost literally all over the place.

Cecily/Berah jumped ship, then back in what? 30 minutes within the movie? She sure didn't seem conflicted or whatever, as she described later.

And Annamarie... she literally sees Zabine with Cecily and then defects immediately??

The only thing likable about this movie seemed to be Zabine, Crossgaurd designs, and seeing Jegans so far in the future that they're pretty much useless junk.
>>
>>13878819
Iirc the plot takes place over the course of a year
>>
>>13878858
that would make some sense but is never really stated at all in the entire movie
>>
>>13878819

The story-telling is par for course for a Gundam series.
>>
>>13878819
Oh please, it's really not that Incomprehensible
>>
>>13878819
Production also dropped a couple of levels halfway. I guess even Tomino realized that it was a lost cause.
>>
Its not a great movie, but its a feast for the eyes.
>>
>>13878819
the animation and detail in this movie is amazing but yeah too bad things went bad for tomino
>>
>>13878858
Actually it only takes a couple of weeks tops. Possibly less than a month. One of the sticking points of F91 is that it's a relatively small and short conflict even though it takes a couple years for CB to fall.

what we really need is some Vanguard Civil War action. Anything to see Vanguard MS animated again.
>>
>>13878819
Watch it again. I remember hating it the first time (outside of a few scenes) but the more I watched it, the more it made sense and now I really enjoy it. It's one of those things where understanding what it is and inferring a little about what happened in between the gaps can really make it more enjoyable.
>>
>>13880896
>Actually it only takes a couple of weeks tops.
Does it?
>>
I guess I'm the only one that really enjoyed it from having read all the backgrounds that built up to the rise of Cosmo Babylon, and them supplying weapons to the Oldsmobile army in the form of refitted OYW mobile suits.
already knew of Zabine being a womanizer so it was no surprise Annamarie turned on him like she did, over his attentions toward Cecliy.

My favorite Gundam was Sunrise's biggest mistake and it should have been left as a series.
>>
Is F91 the Mullholland Dr. of Gundam?
>>
>>13880884
>the animation and detail in this movie is amazing

It's the only thing that's still held up fantastically all these years.
>>
>>13880865
That bit where the shell casing kills the mother always gets me
>>
>>13881897
I completly agree

>>13881940
this really got me. one of the darkest moments I can recall in seeing in an actual gundam series/movie
>>
>>13881940
It really does demonstrate how incompetent the feds have become since CCA
>>
>>13884387

You can't really control where shell cases fly off to aside from where you're pointing your gun.
>>
>>13884420
But you can lead the enemy away from civilians.
>>
>>13884422

Considering it seemed like the enemy was everywhere that didn't really look like an option.

Hell the colony defenses were in bad enough shape that they thought using the old museum weapons was a good level of reinforcement.
>>
I think it's a movie that improves on repeated viewings. It's also insanely pretty, although sadly I wonder if we'll ever see a version of it that hasn't been completely screwed up with automated grain removal tools.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.