[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you tried....NOT being a Newtype?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: x2_08_stor.jpg (53KB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
x2_08_stor.jpg
53KB, 800x334px
Have you tried....NOT being a Newtype?
>>
>>13868819
Have you tried...getting a life?
>>
File: lala_sune_4268.jpg (16KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
lala_sune_4268.jpg
16KB, 395x395px
Newtype and proud.
>>
>>13868819
Xmen 2 was 13 years ago
>>
>>13868917
X-Men 13 was 2 years ago.
>>
>>13868819
Is it bad that I didn't realize the obvious allegory of that line until it was pointed out to me a couple years ago?
>>
>>13868980
Yes.

Pretty sure Ian McKellan spelled it out for everyone at some point, too.
>>
>>13868980
pretty much, yeah
muties have been a stand-in for various slur-americans since day one
>>
MOM
NEWTYPE IS A TERM FROM [i]KIDO SENSHI GUNDAM[/i], A GLORIOUS NIPPON ANIMAY
MUTANTS ARE FROM X-MEN, SHITTY WESTERN COMICBOOK
THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
>>
>>13869060
>tfw Agents of Shield kicked off the most recent season by recruiting a gay Hispanic Inhuman

>and they had the tact not to relate his double minority status to being an Inhuman beyond one scene at most

>hell they actually even remember to tie his melting abilities to his former job as a civil engineer

Man that season was way better than it had any right being. And then they killed off Ward so he could come back as a worm-zombie.

Can't tell if I'm supposed to still be hype or if they jumped the shark for good.
>>
Would you rather have a Newtype son, a Mutant son or a homo son?
>>
>>13869231
A mutant newtype homo son.

A son to surpass Kira Yamato.
>>
>>13868819
Maybe you should've thought twice before fucking near a goddamn reactor, you self-righteous bitch.
>>
>>13868980
It's such a stupid forced metaphor, though. No matter what anyone thinks about minorities or gays or whoever, they still can't blow shit up with their minds.
>>
>>13869258
I find it to be more interesting when you look at it along the line of gun control.
>>
>>13869265

But mutants have always been about whatever group is being shat on in the US.
>>
>>13869265

Not necessarily. That makes sense when you're talking about muties like Cyclops, who has Superman nukes behind his eyeballs, but that's a minority.

Most mutants are just ugly faggots with powers of minimal utility. It's just highly visible powerful mutants like Cyclops and Storm and whatnot ruining it for everyone.
>>
>>13869284
I'm just saying it's interesting.

It fits more the registration act sort of stuff, admittedly.
>>
File: newtype.png (307KB, 448x609px) Image search: [Google]
newtype.png
307KB, 448x609px
>>13868819
It's hard /m/'am.
>>
>>13869258
It kinda break down under scrutiny. Yes, technically, people shouldn't discrimate toward mutants. TECHNICALLY. The problem is mutants are not only a danger to humans but in many cases dangerous to other mutants. While its nice to assume many mutants just want to live in peace the fact is you always end up with the guy with immense power who can basically kill people with a snap of his fingers or maybe mind rape a whole town while he's eating his morning cereals.
Mutants are people and like normal people, assholes and psychopaths WILL exist in their ranks. These assholes are a danger to humans as much as they are to any mutant who refuse to obey them so is it really wrong for society to want to put them 'on watch'? I don't know but if I was a mutant with a really lame-ass power and I was bullied by a sociopath who can reshape reality with his mind I'd be pretty fucking scared.
Then you got those mutants with really unstable powers, which are dangerous not only to those around them by also to themselves. These need proper care and handling, just like someone afflicted by a special condition in real life.
But no, antagonist in X-Men are just a crude metaphor and strawmen of the extreme right and religious people. Even when their point is entirely valid: how do we keep others safe from people with dangerous powers. Real-life gay people (or jews, or blacks or trannies or whatever the fuck the metaphor is this specific day) can't shoot laser or fry my brain.
>>
>>13869310

The problem is that in doing so you're being a police state.
>>
File: a big laser for brainiac.jpg (907KB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
a big laser for brainiac.jpg
907KB, 1920x2951px
>>13869321

Absolutely. But being a police state is a problem here, for us, in a world where people can't annihilate shit with their faces.

Imagine a world where a man could do this. I know this is Superman, because that's basically one of the only western things I have saved and I can't be arsed to take 5 seconds to google something of the X-Men doing spectacular things, but still.

The conditions of the universe necessitate different outlooks.

Also: not the guy you replied to.
>>
>>13869310
>Yes, technically, people shouldn't discrimate toward gun owners. TECHNICALLY. The problem is gun owners are not only a danger to humans but in many cases dangerous to other gun owners. While its nice to assume many gun owners just want to live in peace the fact is you always end up with the guy with immense arsenal who can basically shoot up a school on a sunday evening or maybe kill his family while he's eating his morning cereals.
>>
>>13869327

But Superman is a good guy.

And why don't you just employ mutants to stop the bad mutants.
>>
>>13869328
I told you guys, it's interesting if you look at it as about gun control.
>>
>>13869310
Addendum to my own post: the whole point of a 'bigotry is bad, guys!' is that the moral of the story is that those we hold to be dangerous/inferior are in fact just like us.

This completely break down when you realize mutants AREN'T like ordinary people. Or even like each others. Some got crappy powers while others are 'Omega-level' with god-like powers.
>>
>>13869328
>>13869342
Except you can disarm a guy with a gun. You can't 'disarm' a mutant from his ability to sneeze atomic explosions.
>>
>>13869349

A mutant can disarm another mutant.
>>
>>13869350
But only in, perhaps. temporarily restraining him. That said this gun metaphor doesn't really work once you account for mutants which powers include traits that make them more like people who suffer a serious health condition.
>>
>>13869310

>how do we keep others safe from people with dangerous powers

You don't. If a man is born with incredible powers, than it is his right to use them as he sees fit.

Conversely, it is the right of others of his kind to use their powers to stop him should he turn them towards destructive end.

This generally works out as displayed in the Marvel universe. Let individual power be handled by other individuals.
>>
>>13869361
To be fair, power diversity is a function of the writer's agenda.
>>
>>13869365

This is not the wild west. You can't let people like that run around free when they're dangerous.
>>
>>13869328
>guy with immense arsenal who can basically shoot up a school on a sunday evening

Hahaha.
>>
>>13869342
It's an interesting interpretation, but I don't think it really holds up either. You can search someone down for a concealed firearm or to a larger degree put restrictions on the types of guns people can buy, but the "gun" we're talking about here is built into people's bodies. It's genetic. It can't be regulated or taken away or even scanned with a metal detector. And all this is besides the point that they don't present the premise like this, either.

Of course there's also the larger issue that this narrative doesn't make any fucking sense in a universe where other people have superpowers and get treated just fine. You don't see an angry mob trying to lynch Thor.
>>
>>13869377

Yeah it only occurred to me after that there's no school on sundays.
>>
>>13869365
Im sure this is the opinion, in-universe, of edgelord young mutants. Then they meet the Omega-level guy who can turn them into carrot juice or a potato and they stop laughing because suddenly their ability to shoot fire isn't all that powerful.
>>
>>13869384
X-Men always worked better as a standalone universe.
>>
>>13869384
>It's genetic. It can't be regulated or taken away or even scanned with a metal detector.

Hope Serum
>>
>>13869390

No one can do shit about Omega-level jackasses anyways. It's completely beyond a government solution in the first place.
>>
>>13869374

Not until they've demonstrated that they're dangerous by actually /doing/ something dangerous. The condition of being and of itself cannot be seen as dangerous-it is an unacceptable level of restriction on the rights of an individual.

There is simply no way out of it for any sort of modern government. Best treat mutants real nice so they'll want to work for you and help deal with the shitty ones that want to mind-control the President.
>>
>>13869409
No but it illustrate that even mutants can and should live in fear of other mutants. This whole thing of "mutant superiority" break down when you realize the power gap between mutants is incredibly high. They might lord over the normal people but they themselves can and will discriminate based on power.

Has this ever been adressed by a story, maybe an elseworld? Mutants discriminating on other mutants.
>>
File: sentinelcomicrs.jpg (136KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sentinelcomicrs.jpg
136KB, 300x300px
>>13869425
>Not until they've demonstrated that they're dangerous by actually /doing/ something dangerous. The condition of being and of itself cannot be seen as dangerous-it is an unacceptable level of restriction on the rights of an individual.

Yes, and? Their powers in of themselves make them a threat
>>
>>13869496
Anybody with a functioning body can kill another person, anon. You don't even need a weapon.
>>
>>13869509

Yes, and those far more capable than others of it must be considered threats.
>>
about the gun thing, somewhere I've got a book of about capes and legal issues, in the vein of The Physics of Superheroes, and I'm pretty sure one of the subjects is if Wolverine's claws would be covered under the 2nd amendment. I dunno why they picked a Canadian for the argument but whatevs. I'll try to keep an eye out for it.
>>
>>13868980
Yes. I was only 12 and understood it immediately. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>13870857
>I dunno why they picked a Canadian
Sniktbub was a honorary member of Avengers, F4, GotG and Batfamily once. That damn canuck is everywhere, he was probably a honorary American too.
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
>>13868819
Ever tried not supporting space rats?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.