[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Code Geass General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 22

File: topMain.jpg (173KB, 600x1046px) Image search: [Google]
topMain.jpg
173KB, 600x1046px
>OZ manga scanlation project
-Volume 1 Complete: https://mega.nz/#!tYMBRSzQ!4_dElVfae1xvFgWYtREluHQWvrDOYkuXppS9kpFj-yo

-Volume 2,Chapter 4:
https://mega.nz/#!AJNk0DQA!9k7jrUaC914iFivO01fPoYK7kTlFV0cwI3pg11DiRek

>OZ manga vols 4&5 RAW(pw: reflection) https://mega.nz/#!mwskVSZB!3t4VY2wOUkOcTKBpwJmchjfzVlj-9CHPjZRW2nAKWEA

OZ O2 manga Chapters:
0.) http://imgur.com/a/kOFLH
1.) http://imgur.com/a/KlXHA
2.) http://imgur.com/a/BApyM
3.) https://imgur.com/a/kil3G
4.) https://imgur.com/a/rui5Z
8.) https://imgur.com/a/AxgAF
9.) https://imgur.com/a/7g0ZU
10.) https://imgur.com/a/cYZiX
11.) https://imgur.com/a/oKEjh

R1 & R2 Booklet Scans
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=653257&showfiles=1

O2 Side Lyre 1 Scans
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4eqFOWpKx-kRXFubGJjSVE0SGs

Code Geass Akito 3 BD Liner Note Booklet(24 pages)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uvyr6i8q3bmdmwa
/Code_Geass_Akito_3_BD_Liner_Note%2824_pages%29.rar

Model Works scans

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4eqFOWpKx-kRXZRWnJsMExaRU0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4eqFOWpKx-kN2VGREUzZVVqSDA/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4eqFOWpKx-kaHRkdUNoNUd1Ukk/view?usp=sharing

Akito Product Works 1 mech pages scan

https://mega.nz/#!KJYx3LJT!OEjoUrVYSVcSpxZb59O2o_9MNtAE5E5KqjYEdk7l1Ys
>>
File: Page-161.jpg (166KB, 574x603px) Image search: [Google]
Page-161.jpg
166KB, 574x603px
Not much in the way of Oz this week, I should say.
The translator told me last week that he'd be busy with another project.

In the meantime, do we have any word on when we'll get the Akito raw? I know we have to wait until the BD gets ripped for subs. But what about the raw at least?
>>
>>13862836
PSN rip on early March, around a 1 month after theater release

>less than a month from now
>>
File: 1438074509329.jpg (340KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1438074509329.jpg
340KB, 1920x1200px
I desperately hope all that wormhole bullshit in the final episode of akito isn't some sort of set up to bring lelouch back to life when the 10th anniversary rolls around.
>>
>>13863035
nah, it's just shitty writing/directing

>the OVA should have been just about Suzaku/Schneizel steamrolling the EU
>>
>>13863035
Not really. You'd need Leila or the space time girl to even care about Lelouch and I don't think there's anything in Akito suggesting she does.
>>
>>13863056
Nah, I would find that boring.
The directing is fine btw, the writing is a little weird in cases but not unusual for mecha.
>>
>>13863108
>You'd need Leila or the space time girl to even care about Lelouch
No you don't. I was referring to the new concepts introduced around the code and geass shenanigans like leila's red-to-blue geass which apparently can do literally anything. It's a possibility that this won't be the last time we see someone with blue geass
>>
>>13863035
Not even necessary when you have the code theory already in place.
>>
>>13863130
Which thankfully isn't accepted as canon.
>>
>>13863134
It's not "accepted" at canon in the sense the show hasn't used it for anything yet, since the point was to raise the question and not answer it.. But the intent of the Code stuff is pretty clear.
>>
>>13863122
You'New concepts about the Code and Geass in and of themselves have no impact. You need the characters related to said concepts to actually do something relevant to the matter of Lelouch dying or not.
>>
>>13863122
That's a bit too paranoid since Leila's Geass can't do anything. Otherwise, she'd have resurrected her parents. Or Akito's. Or prevented Shin from dying. Etc. Whatever happens with other characters with blue geass isn't something we can tell right now.
>>
>>13863154
If they used this horsecrap on the akito cast, what makes you think they definitely won't do the same thing on lelouch of the rebellion? What makes you think that it has to only be leila and co that's tied to it? It's the just new supernatural element I'm talking about, I didn't say anything about potentially getting akito chars involved with the parent story.
>>
>>13863173
Because they aren't making Lelouch of the Rebellion right now and the property has not outright repeated any geass powers yet.

Look, there's a million possible ways to bring back Lelouch. They can even make it happen without an explanation and people will not complain.

The most likely ones have nothing to do with Akito.
>>
>>13863185
>there's a million possible ways to bring back Lelouch
No shit, and this might just be the way they're going with.

You're an insufferable faggot holy shit.
>>
>>13863191
And how you're going for groundless speculation isn't insufferable and faggotry for those who aren't jumping to conclusions?
>>
>>13863197
Groundless? What's so fucking groundless about it? The final episode wasn't even close to conclusive is regards to this aspect and 10th anniversary is coming up later this year, I have every reason to assume the former is setting up for the latter.
>>
>>13863130
Miraculous Birthday

He was a ghost. Hes dead. No Code.
>>
>>13863200
They didn't announce or even tease that this had anything to do with the 10th anniversary (nor have they said anything about that in general yet). Also, even Gundam anniversary projects are never linked together in this way that something from one separate series immediately has an impact on another. There's no precedent for that line of thought.

But alright, you're betting that they will bring back Lelouch with something like this? Okay, my bet is that they will ever not bring him back at all, or that if they ever do, it won't have any interaction with whatever we just found out about.
>>
>>13863251
Which also had Jeremiah as the narrator for some reason and a random Chinese Eunuch hold the school hostage while even C.C. somehow appeared on the scene along with the ghosts of Rolo and Shirley.
>>
>>13863332
Everything was all an illusion by ghost Lelouch. As soon as he stopped the illusion, the other three vanished as if they were never there. The only actual ghost there was Lelouch. Because it was his birthday. Hence, the birthday was Miraculous.
>>
>>13863322
>you're betting that they will bring back Lelouch with something like this
I'm betting they're planning to do SOMETHING with this for the 10th anniversary project. I said I just hope that lelouch isn't one of the possibilities.

It's much more ridiculous you completely deny the notion of any possibility at all.
>>
>>13863251
>>13863353
Like clockwork. Are you also that fag who says C.C. never liked lelouch giving that one picture drama as proof just to be told by anons how dishonesty works.
>>
>>13863483
Does it matter? Lelouch canonically has no romantic interest in her.
>>
Akito plot holes:
-How did Smilas know about Geass and what was his past involvement with it?
-Did Smilas kill Leila's parents?
-The whole Ark ordeal? How did Julius know about it? How did Shin know about it? If Shin could somehow store the Ahura Mazda and lots of drones inside it then why did he sen Ashley through a harsh walk in the snow?
-Ok, if baby Akito didn't die because he didn't understand the concept of death then why didn't he simply shot himself or whatever as he grew up
-Farnese said he wouldn't forgive Shin but all he does is appear in the epilogue along the freed Velaines
-Why did Shin have his own personal army even before he took over Michael Knights? All equipped with Gloucesters and everything when every other head knight only had 3 knights using Gloucesters
-Shin getting his Geass from a skull
-Everything involving the Ark in OVA 4, the half assed explanations given by the staff don't count
-Shin having a one time use float unit that couldn't even be refueled
-The Michael Knights not having the VTOLs from the TV series so they could easily fly over the castle defense wall
-The defense wall in general, in OVA 5 it resists even Canterbury shots
-Leila's Geass
>>
>>13863823
Most of those aren't plot holes.
>-How did Smilas know about Geass
That one is a fair question.
>-Did Smilas kill Leila's parents?
It was heavily hinted that he did.
>-The whole Ark ordeal? How did Julius know about it?
Because Julius was the one who set it up in the first place. That was the key to his plan..
>How did Shin know about it
Julius and Shin briefly cooperated, before the chess game.
>Why did he sen Ashley through a harsh walk in the snow
Why not? I don't see the problem here.
>-Ok, if baby Akito didn't die because he didn't understand the concept of death then why didn't he simply shot himself or whatever as he grew up
By getting used to it, he was probably able to resist and re-direct the command externally, just like with his berserk mode.
>-Farnese said he wouldn't forgive Shin
He didn't forgive Shin, but wasn't in any position to move against him from thousands of miles away.
>-Why did Shin have his own personal army even before he took over Michael Knights?
They're not his "personal army" but one of the units in the Michael Knights structure. Nothing wrong with him having subordinates, as Manfredi's heir apparent.
>Shin getting his Geass from a skull
It's a mystery to everyone.
>-Everything involving the Ark in OVA 4, the half assed explanations given by the staff don't count
Then that's just your suspension of disbelief being too low and refusing staff explanations
>-Shin having a one time use float unit that couldn't even be refueled
How would you know it needed to be refueled?
>-The Michael Knights not having the VTOLs from the TV series so they could easily fly over the castle defense wall
Why should every single Britannian military unit have access to VTOLs?
>The defense wall in general, in OVA 5 it resists even Canterbury shots
Not a plot hole.
>-Leila's Geass
Not a plot hole.
>>
Actually this month's Newtype gives us ridiculous answers for some of the series mysteries:
-Director's take on Geass is that it's related to the human evolution with it being a hidden power that can resonate with others, when Lelouch uses Geass he links his mind with the subject's
-The skull from which Shin receveid his Geass was from his father. His father was a Geass user and so Shin stole the power from him
-Toddler Akito survived Shin Geass because of the will every living being has to live, by resisting it he can power up
-BRS is a sort of mechanical Geass since it can link human minds, that's why Ryo/Ayano/Yukiya power up resisting Geass as Akito does
-Leila's Geass is ''allow to resonate with multiple human minds''. Because Leila didn't use her Geass for so long the Administrator calls it Fragment of Geass
-The Administrator calls herself a person who intervenes in the evolution of the universe. She's disappointed humans use Geass for greed, anger, etc so she decides to erase every Geass user
-Smilas somehow knew about the Administrator and her goal so to advance his dictatorship ideal he fooled the Admnistrator into thinking Leila's father was Geass user so she killed them

>lol at the Smilas knowing about and fooling a cosmic entity
>>
>>13864448
And some KMF info:
-Vercingetorix has wrist Slash Harkens
-Liberte's shield can generate Blaze Luminous.
>>
>>13864448
Interviews can be mistranslated or misinterpreted, so I am taking all of this with a grain of salt.

>-Director's take on Geass is that it's related to the human evolution with it being a hidden power that can resonate with others, when Lelouch uses Geass he links his mind with the subject's

That's not an entirely new interpretation.

>-The skull from which Shin receveid his Geass was from his father. His father was a Geass user and so Shin stole the power from him

Very strange, but I am going to have to see some concrete evidence for that in a more official capacity.

>-Toddler Akito survived Shin Geass because of the will every living being has to live, by resisting it he can power up

Whatever. It's just a more rhetorical way of explaining the same thing.

>-BRS is a sort of mechanical Geass since it can link human minds, that's why Ryo/Ayano/Yukiya power up resisting Geass as Akito does

Considering the original show had the whole Code R thing, which created Orange and all, I guess BRS tech does something along those lines.

>-Leila's Geass is ''allow to resonate with multiple human minds''. Because Leila didn't use her Geass for so long the Administrator calls it Fragment of Geass

Gonna have to watch the episode to put that in context.

>-The Administrator calls herself a person who intervenes in the evolution of the universe. She's disappointed humans use Geass for greed, anger, etc so she decides to erase every Geass user

I wouldn't think she's literally trying to kill every single Geass user in the universe, so I'll wait for the actual official translation of the episode's dialogue.

>-Smilas somehow knew about the Administrator and her goal so to advance his dictatorship ideal he fooled the Admnistrator into thinking Leila's father was Geass user so she killed them

Crazy, but again...gonna have to see some evidence for this, whether in or out of universe.
>>
>>13864705
ニュータイプ2016年3月号赤根インタビューのネタバレ

・赤根のギアス能力の解釈
人が進化することで、脳に元々隠されていた力が発現したもの基本は人同士の脳が共鳴し合い、意図や意思を伝える力例えば絶対順守の場合、相手の意思と感情をリンクすることでそれを可能にする

・シンにギアスを与えた髑髏の正体
あのシーンはイメージ映像で、髑髏はシンの父、あるいは力に魅入られた人間の象徴実際はシンの父がギアスユーザーであり、シンが彼を殺し能力を奪い取った

・シンのギアスがアキトに効かなかった理由
当時アキトが幼かったが故に、「生きる」という生物の本能で抵抗出来た死が迫る状況になると、「死ね」に抵抗する力が暴走し結果、パワーアップ出来る

・BRSについて
人の脳を共鳴リンク出来る力がギアスなのでBRSは「機械的なギアス」と言える2章でアキトとリンクしたリョウ達もパワーアップ出来たのはリンクによりアキトと同じく死に抵抗する力が暴走したから

・レイラのギアスの解説
「複数の人間の意識を共鳴させられるギアス」当初レイラにギアスを使う決意が出来なかった為管理者は彼女のギアスを「ギアスの欠片」と呼んだ

・時空の管理者の目的
自称「宇宙の進化に介入する者」で、人は欲や怒り等負の意識をきっかけにギアスを使ってしまうので、そこに失望全てのギアスユーザーを抹殺するべく動いている
>>
>>13864747
・スマイラスが管理者を騙した内容
どこからか管理者の存在と目的を知ったスマイラスは自分の独裁の為に邪魔なレイラの父を排除する為管理者に「レイラの父はギアスユーザー」と嘘の情報を渡した結果管理者はレイラの両親を殺してしまった
>>
>>13864747
>>13864749
Well, thanks for posting it.

Still need to know if that's actually in the magazine and what other context there is, both in the article and in the OVA itself.

But yeah, I guess there's no avoiding that the director had some strange ideas. Too much for the limited running time available.
>>
>>13864814
The director should have gone for a more simple story for OVA runtime.

still excellent action and the heroes are likable characters
>>
>>13864448
What a mess.
>>
>>13864998
Ultimately what isn't shown on the screen barely matters. Like Tomino, he can come up with wild theories for stuff that's not reflected in the material.
>>
File: CJUAtrwUkAAyaOf.jpg orig.jpg (97KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CJUAtrwUkAAyaOf.jpg orig.jpg
97KB, 1024x576px
What if we get an Akito TV series like they are doing with Unicorn?

There's material for around 19 eps from the 5 OVAs
>>
I watched this for the first time this year. Let me say that although I knew about the series I never got spoiler'd so I didn't really know what I was getting into.

Now I feel like I've a huge inner void, I'm not into anime but CG really stuck with me for some reason (I know why bit there is no need to blogpost about that stuff).

Dunno, just wanted to write a bit about it. I hope they make something for the upcoming 10th anniversary. I really liked how Sunrise handled the whole thing up until the very end (even if it is not perfect).
>>
>>13865308
>Ultimately what isn't shown on the screen barely matters
Fuck off Fukuda.
>>
>>13867284
Tell that to Sunrise's policy regarding Gundam works. Animated content is more important than novels, manga, etc.
>>
>>13867953
and the OZ photonovel trumps over the manga
>>
>>13867222
>Now I feel like I've a huge inner void

We've all been there, anon. Welcome to the club.
>>
>>13865308
I feel like Tomino just creates personal fanfiction he keeps to himself,but every once in a while he shows it to us like when he said g-reco takes place after turn A
>>
BD anon could you scan OVA 4 BD booklet?
>>
>>13871180
Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i1ss69jokyfxz61/ak4scan.zip

Took me a while, but there it is.
>>
>>13872155
thanks, I will translate the mech info and post here
>>
>>13872155
-Gallia Grande: large type flying boat
-The booklet mentions Ashley was controlling the Drones but the staff said they were in auto mode because Ashley sucked at controlling them
-Akito and team escaped using the Gallia's Float System
-Alexander Valiant: practical use machine that was a further improvement of the Type-02. Transformation speed is faster, equipped with new armament, has become an even further high power machine. Base color was changed from white to blue. Frequent version ups in a short time became possible by a close cooperation with Clement Factory which is Anna's birthplace.
-Ryou's: the most heavily armed
-Yukiya's: different shaped new type Slash Harken on the left hand
-Ayano's: here the gun is called Linear Rail Gun Judgment. The kit called it Linear Assault Rifle
-Development of Knightmare Frame(diffusion of 7th Gen):
A)Lancelot's huge impact made the the KoR to request for more powerful custom machines, for example. Indian made KMF with the same performance also appeared so the KMF competition entered the next stage. In this way Britannia/Euro Britannia and the Chinese Federation acquired high power machines leaving the EU behind.
>>
File: Scan_Pic0011.jpg (2MB, 2033x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Scan_Pic0011.jpg
2MB, 2033x1600px
>>13872527
B)Is the Alexander a 7th Gen KMF? The Alexander was developed by Anna on the assumption of being used with the Apollon Carriage. It was a global concept KMF. The tech level corresponds to a 5th Gen machine, small type lightweight body, it has a characteristic folding mechanism developed for Insect Mode transformation, it greatly differs from the large output/size increase direction of the usual 7th gen. It also has the ground-breaking BRS, pioneering the idea in the world. The Alexander doesn't resemble the the KMFs of any country, it can be said that it's a special machine with no analogues in KMF development history. Vercingetorix's 4-legged form is also special, however this the average for the KoR machines. While the KoR's custom machines use 7th Gen tech as base, they have reached a point where their traits befit 8th Gen personal machines.
-Ahura Mazda: characteristic deep crimson machine. Its Schrotter Steel Alloy armor is super hard and can stagnate Blaze Luminous, so it can withstand even Linear Rail Gun grade attacks.
-SDA Lance: large lance whose edge portion rotates(like a drill?)
-Gracchus: since the parts broken during the Lancelot duel couldn't be painted in time it was left in the raw material colors.
-Gloucester Swordsman Ashley Machine: deep crimson KMF with wing shaped ornaments on both head sides.
-Vercingetorix: Shin's favorite machine that overwhelms a person looking at its golden color. 4-legged transformation for high speed movement. This form also has an extremely high traveling on foot ability on rough terrains. Originally developed when Manfredi was Knight of Two but with his death it passed to Shin. Originally named Sagramore but when Manfredi went to Euro Britannia the KMF was also transferred as it was and had its named changed to Vercingetorix. The cockscomb can raise(Factsphere?).
-SDA Lance: strange shape large axe. The shape changes as the gears rotate.
>>
File: Scan_Pic0014.jpg (2MB, 2033x1571px) Image search: [Google]
Scan_Pic0014.jpg
2MB, 2033x1571px
>>13872679
-Vercingetorix's Long-distance Transportation Unit: flight device using super electromagnetic propulsion motors, this theory is different from the Float Unit being developed at the home country. Gracchus is suspended on the left wing, a propellant tank is mounted on the right wing as a counter-weight.
>>
>>13872687
It did look pretty different for a float unit.

>>13872679
Come to think of it, I don't know if we've seen a factsphere on it either.

>>13872527
China had the Shen Hu and its derivative, though not much else beyond the Gun Ru (sp?)
>>
File: Scan_Pic0013.jpg (2MB, 2023x1564px) Image search: [Google]
Scan_Pic0013.jpg
2MB, 2023x1564px
It seems the Vercingetorix got new lineart because it's drawn by Seiichi Nakatani for OVA 5

>>13873284
I found the Chinese Federation mention strange but they did try to MP the Shenhu as the Chuyen. Correct name is Gang Lou.
>>
>>13872687
>SDA Lance
That thing is breaking my suspension of disbelief
>>
>>13873365
it's quite simple: rotating the gears somehow ups its cutting power, each blade has a different purpose and it's held together by electromagnetism.

But I doubt they will ever explain how it actually works or even what SDA means.
>>
>>13873365
My suspension of disbelief was shattered with the Damocles.
>>
The Space Time Administrator is the one responsible for the time rewind in the control room and the warp to kill Smilas

Anou also ends with the gypsies at the end
>>
This gypsy ending is the worst...
>>
>>13877142
just like R2 when the evil racist Britannian charas get a happy end with the japanese crew
>>
>>13877142
I like the gypsies. Please don't bully them.

Besides, Anou was already a joke after he got demoted.

>>13877157
As far as I can recall, they just went to a wedding together and got a photo. Like Stalin going to a party with Truman and Churchill, except more anime.
>>
Balofo, if you've got full specs for the Alexander variations, could you post them here so that I can make the pages later when I get home?

And if you've got lineart of each individual Type-02 and Valiant, that would also be appreciated too.
>>
R1 had really good direction, and the asspulls were entertaining and largely believable. The ending to R1 was a satisfying cliffhanger that made you want to know what happened next. R2 had okay direction, and the asspulls made sense for the most part. It had a different time slot and began suffering from the Gundam Seed syndrome. Still, the ending of R2 tied up everything nicely and was very satisfying. The debate rages on whether or not Lelouch is still alive. Akito had inconsistent direction, and the asspulls were either nonsensical or silly, or downright retarded. The ending was incredibly contrived and was a poor closure to an ultimately poor series.

And I was actually looking forward to Akito all those years back.
>>
>>13879904
I don't think having an ending with a couple of flaws makes the entire show bad.

For that matter, I wouldn't say Akito had an inconsistent direction either. It's more like they had to cram in a lot of material without really knowing how to pace an OVA properly. Almost as if they thought there was more time available. But it's hard to claim that's only a general directorial problem without knowing the full story of the production issues. Beyond that, I usually liked the episodic direction in terms of the nuances employed.

They did introduce a couple of under- or un-explained events towarsd the end, but I thnk they foreshadowed enough about the big picture and key revelations to make them not exactly true "asspulls" in all honesty.

Hard to judge all the specifics of the ending without seeing if firsthand, but I am getting the impression it does bring good enough closure to the main characters.

Shin gets killed, which was necessary, Akito gets over his berserker status, and Leila actually takes action using her power to save those she cares about. Which was in line with the prophecy of the old lady from a couple of episodes ago.

So there were a few contrived details, from the sound of things, but I am not against the big picture of the story.
>>
>>13879955
*They did introduce a couple of under- or un-explained events towards the end
>>
>>13879964
It's really not that they just introduced a couple of poorly explained things that bothers me. The original show had Jupiter/thought elevator that was really poorly explained, or just brushed aside entirely. But Akito had so much contrived stuff that it made it a chore to watch. A lack of satisfaction based on the explanations provided, or lack thereof.
>>
Things that bothered me:
-Ark ownership. How did Shin fill it with KMF/bombs with it was Julius secret plan?
-No large scale army battle
-Smilas was joke commander taken out in 10 secs to finish the story
-Euro Britannia suddenly becomes good guys giving military control to homeland after OVA 5
-Whole OVA 4 was unecessary, Ark fight was Akito steamrolling Ashley again and Shin's failed raid on castle could just have been a single attack instead of a long siege
-Farnese being forgotten
-Other 2 knights having less than 2 lines and getting killed like punks
-Shin easily taking over Euro when the nobles hated his non brit blood.
-Shin figuring out Julius plan and identity easily but ending up being a petty villain
-The castle wall and no VTOL being used to fly over it
-Gypsy happy ending for everyone including Ashura Corps and Anou
-Not a single main hero chara dying, Yukiya's fake comotion went nowhere
-Ryo et al not wanting Akito to kill Ashley in the Ark when he had tried to kill them previously and they had no qualms assassinating Leila in 2.
-Sutherlands just using their rifles every battle when they had lots of optional equipment
-Akito/Shin standoffs in 2 and 4, they should have battled way earlier so Akito had a legit reason to upgrade
-Akito's upgrade being a heavily armored KMF that can't even into Insect Mode and using a sword instead of the tonfas
-Shin gettting his Geass from his father's skull

And the poor directing/writing in general
>>
>>13880074
Why those things didn't bother me (or only much less):
1. Julius directly told Shin to assist him. That's how Ashley ended up in the Ark along with the KMF and all. Installing the bomb as a precaution wouldn't have been an issue.
2. A large scale army battle with Smilas would have required more than 60 minutes, which they needed for the more important duel.
3. Other than Shin, Euro Britannia wasn't really willing to fight the homeland. With him, the other knights and Julius out of the picture, it was suicidal to resist.
4. The Ark needed to be disabled since it still represented a threat to public order. I happen to like castle sieges, so I didn't mind that.
5. Poor, poor Farnsese! And poor knights.
6. Shin carried out a military coup even before coming to the nobles. Reminds me of how Stalin wasn't even Russian and he got control of the Soviet Union.
7. It wasn't that hard. Shin must have heard rumors about Lelouch and Nunnally dying in Japan, etc.
8. They would have needed to wait even more time for any such VTOLs to reach the area.
9. Anou was a joke and Ashley had the loyalty of his mates.
10. I don't think having character deaths necessarily makes anything better or worse. Besides, they already "killed" Lelouch and couldn't top that with another MC death.
11. That was because they didn't believe in Leila at first. Also, Ryo and the others directly felt how Akito's mind was being affected by the Geass and that's not a healthy state of affairs. Killing Ashley wasn't the point.
12. Sutherlands typically used rifles in the TV show too, with a small number of exceptions.
13. I don't think anything was wrong with the upgrade. Also, again, not enough time for that.
14. I like the heavy armored look and it corrects the biggest weakness of the Alexander. Sacrificing transformation isn't a big deal.
15. It's a weird way to get Geass but we don't have any explicit contradiction.

The directing was better than the writing and I generally had fun.
>>
>>13880008
Right now I can only give you my honest opinion of the four episodes avaiable so far, and it is that I haven't really been frustrated or annoyed by anything major in Akito as of the time of this writing. I might be slightly bummed by the lack of certain explanations, but I'll probably enjoy the last episode for the battle scenes and the character interactions.
>>
>>13877157
>implying the nips were any better
They were all nationalistic asshats.
>>
>>13880130
>Reminds me of how Stalin wasn't even Russian and he got control of the Soviet Union.
Pre-WWII Soviet Union was extremely, even aggressively cosmopolitan - Russian nationalism was considered a big no-no. An extremely racist Britannia is on the opposite end of the spectrum, so the comparison is hardly valid.
>>
>>13879955
Yeah nah, even the reactions of those whose seen it have been "what the fuck is this shit" to an extent. You're defending the whole thing based on nothing more than benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>13880130
>Poor, poor Farnsese! And poor knights.
You could just admit the thing was haphazardly planned, yet you choose shitposting.
>>
>>13864747
tl;dr

>>13864448
is a load of fucking bullshit that outright contradicts what newtype actually says

cocksucking faggot
>>
>>13880268
I've seen the film get about 3/5 scores, so while there some people who definitely disliked it, enough folks seem to think it's pretty okay.
>>
>>13880313
Dude, that's just being a little cheeky. I admit they should have done more with them. But the cast was too big to make everyone equally important. If this had been a 6 OVA project, or extended the last episode a lot more, like Unicorn, then maybe they could have fit in something else for them to do.
>>
>>13880385
I'm confused. What was actually said then?
>>
>>13880225
Okay, yet considering Manfredi was able to adopt Shin and put him in a position of power, it sounds like Euro Britannians are less into outright discrimination than the mainland or other lesser occupying forces. Besides, the official Britannian rhetoric is less about racial purity and more about strong vs. weak. Shin might have been a psycho, but he had skills.
>>
>>13880653
Except Euro is even more discriminatory since they don't even accept female soldiers like Jean, whose actual name is Jeanne.

Manfredi even refers to Shin's ethnic background before dying. Farnese never trusted Shin and the nobles hated him.

If you're not Britannian, you are garbage for the majority of brits
>>
>>13880642
>But the cast was too big to make everyone equally important.
That isn't an acceptable excuse

>If this had been a 6 OVA project, or extended the last episode a lot more
Or maybe they could've planned the whole thing better and simply killed him off too in ep 3.
>>
>>13879880
make the pages, I prefer to post the info directly and 4chan has 3mb limit for images.
>>
>>13880679
That's being sexist about who can be a knight and not racist.
>>
>>13880679
Manfredi actually praises Shin's background during that scene. He wasn't thinking poorly of his origins. And yes, most Britannians probably don't like that, but the elites can get away with that.
>>
>>13880680
I wasn't implying that you should accept it. But it's close enough to the truth. Take a look at the total number of characters and tell me how you could distribute the same amount time better without reducing the list or changing the story completely.
>>
>>13880727
>Take a look at the total number of characters and tell me how you could distribute the same amount time better without reducing the list or changing the story completely.
I already said to just kill Farnese off. It's one thing to under-develop the characters and another to not have a clue regarding what to do with them. The thing bothering me about Farnese is that he's just one of the many symptoms of how poorly planned this series was. The fact that they showed he was alive and hating Shin is pretty apparent to me, though you might not agree, that initially they actually had plans for him further along the story.
>>
>>13880858
I'd agree that it would have been more interesting to make Farnese retaliate, so you have a point there. They might have had some vague thoughts about using him to contribute to Shin's downfall later on, so the guy was left as a possible tool for that plot development.

However, since that didn't happen, having him be the only leader of the knights who survived can also be a realistic option. In-universe, he'd still be useful during the post-Shin, off-screen transition after laying low for a while in order to save his head.

It's unfortunate that at this point he'll probably only show up in either the novel version or, best, the last picture drama if it happens to be about that and not another subject (the previous PD was all comedy, but I'd expect the last one to be post-story material).
>>
Bahamut create the Alexander pages, I will post the lineart and info
>>
>>13880900
Bahamut I created a much better template for KMF pages called KMF Info Box Final, please use it for the new KMF pages/update the old ones.
>>
>>13880900
>>13881300
I'm not home right now, and making that stuff is way too much of a hassle from my phone.

Anyway, best to check with the Admin of the wiki first about the new KMF template.
>>
>>13881341
check this:

http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Alexander_Type-02_Ryo
>>
>>13881344
Yeah, I saw It. Its a pain to edit, but I'm not incapable of viewing the wiki.

Anyway, talk to the admin, Lelouch di Britannia, about using the new template.

I'll use whatever is the standard to keep the wiki consistent.
Though personally, I'd keep all 4 Type-02s as one page, same to the Valiants.
>>
>>13881368
>>13881368
Nah, they all have different specs and armaments not to mention lots of lineart. I'll separate even the Akito anime variants of existing designs when they are different enough like the Panzer Hummel.

I'll talk with the admin about the new template. But it's clearly way better than the actual pages. This is gundam wikia level quality.
>>
>S3 200 years in the future with space colonies and Lelouche still alive never

Why even breathe
>>
>>13881470
Never say never!

Though I am not too fond of that last bit.

I'd rather he be another FF and not the real Lelouch.
>>
>>13879904
Agreed, although I thought R2 was great and didn't have any more flaws than R1 did.
>>
>>13881495
-Rolo
-School shit
-Gino and Anya
-Overpowered 9th Gen KMF
-Wakamoto not being the final boss
-Ohgi living a happy life
-No Cornelia piloting KMF
-KoRs being mostly jokes

While R1's only fault was the Euphy Geass scene and the BKs becoming useless as soon as Lelouch left
>>
>>13881509
>>13881495
I didn't like Rolo, but he wasn't a flaw. Just a disagreeable character.

The school setting was already part of the story, so it wasn't a new thing.

Yeah, Gino was very boring. Anya was only marginally better.

Wakamoto wasn't ever supposed to be the last boss. IIRC, even the storyboards for S1 OP1 literally had "final boss" written next to Schneizel.

I like the 9th generation KMF. Admittedly, especially after the fact.

Sucks about Cornelia. That did hurt me.

KoRs were used as named grunts. I like they've done a few more things with a couple of them in newer media.
>>
>>13881528
I'd say the biggest problem with Geass R2 was the reset at the start. You fix that and stuff would flow more reasonably from then on.
>>
>>13881509
more:
-BKs easily betraying the guy tha saved them and gave them a chance to fight back
-BKs are somewhat competent at the Damocles battle for some reason. Lelouch really had all the odds against him
-School friends development went nowhere(minus Nina), school shit was a waste of time
-Tohdoh was useless after the China arc and only got grunt kills
-Guilford surviving for no reason
-No ship to ship combat, Geass floating ships are criminally underused
-Suzaku killing Bismarck through some unexplained BS
>>
>>13877157
That was the point of Lelouch's sacrifice, though. To be an even bigger evil shitbag and put the Brit/Jap conflict in perspective as something petty and retarded so that they can more easily make peace and move on with their lives.

Like how Ford pardoned Nixon because he didn't want America getting hung up over revenge and hate.
>>
>>13881495
How old were you when you last watched both seasons all the way through?
>>
>>13880679
>Except Euro is even more discriminatory since they don't even accept female soldiers like Jean, whose actual name is Jeanne.

When was this stated? Who the hell wouldn't want a 10/10 qt like her defending the glory of Britannia?
>>
>>13880727
>tell me how you could distribute the same amount time better

remove gypsies
>>
>>13881603
staff commentary
>>
>>13881470
I sometimes wonder about this as a potential setting too. And Suzaku is the immortal one instead (he was given the code because fuck you just roll with it) and he's still protecting the world as Zero.

Maybe they can fight geass aliens or something, I don't know.

or basically the plot/setting of Gundam 00 but heavily tweaked for Code Geass
>>
>>13881509
>implying euphinator wasn't the pinnacle of S1

>BKs becoming useless as soon as Lelouch left
How's that a fault?

>>13881569
>some unexplained BS
It was pretty BS but Lelouch explained it, plus there's an entire generation's difference between their mechs.
>>
>>13881470
>Why even breathe
You shouldn't.
>>
>>13881611
I thought gypsies were a great breather episode, comic relief and character development all in one.

>tfw Europe is full of Japanese gypsies in the far future of S3
>>
>>13881569
BKs were never too smart without Lelouch and he also messed up his own leadership by refusing to explain himself. He got what was coming. It wasn't even bad to see them actually fight pretty decently though.

Milly became an adult rather than evading everyday life. Shirley (predictably) died and the rest were mere spectators.

FukuJun being a Cornelia fanboy probably indirectly explains why Guilford survived.

Suzaku killed Bismark because he had a better robot and went full power with it (because of the Curse of Geass). I don't know what else you wanted them to explain there.
>>
>>13881596
Not him, but I've seen the show multiple times and was already of drinking age when it aired.
>>
>>13881603
The Euro Britannians (minus Shin) are very knightly and medieval in their ways, so it makes sense they would not be too open towards women. Old-fashioned nobles.
>>
>>13881637
I think he meant the "lol I could make you kill all the japanese OOPS OH SHIT" asspull, and not the whole massacre arc itself.

But if you ask me, it wasn't necessarily an asspull. It made perfect sense given the nature of Lelouch's geass contract. It had to happen, but the way it happened was just silly/unconvincing for most people. Personally, I think the absolute ridiculousness of an offhand comment or joke setting those events into motion only put Lelouch in an even more difficult position, because fucking NO ONE would believe him if he tried to plead his case. It basically confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that he would bet set on the path of blood until the very end.
>>
>>13881664
I wonder if we'll see the gypsies go to Japan in the post-R2 world. That could work out.
>>
>>13881699
Yeah, it was highly contrived in wording, probably because the staff wanted the most unpredictable method rather than being easy to guess, but the triggering was foreshadowed earlier that same episode and even with Mao's existence. I'd also add the fact Lelouch CHOSE to kill her, not even try to talk to Suzaku about it when he would probably believe him, was all his own decision.
>>
So when will we get news about Oz?
>>
How Akito should have been handled:
-If the main charas really needed to be Elevens they should just be a group that fled Japan and were well received by the EU and eventually joined the army. Much less development needed. Their conflict is serving the EU or going back to Area 11 to fight for their homeland.
-The competent EU commander took the Elevens under him for their skills. He had a CC Geass that gives him strategic advantages during war but he is ambitious and wants to take over the corrupt and inneficient EU to save the country. This combines Leila and Smilas charas into one.
-The eleven group use custom Panzer Hummels until they upgrade to Alexander as a special squadron
-EU commander learns of the Geass ruins in EU territory and wants to use them to further his agenda. We get some info on Geass people origins.
-EU commander holds well during large scale battles and pushes Britannia back, VV tells Charles he's interested in the ruins so he has Schneizel command the offensive along Suzaku who is instructed to take over the Geass ruins secretly.
-Schneizel and Commander suffer losses but draw during their first combat due to commander's Geass. Suzaku rapes everything and kills one of the Elevens. Geass ruins are captured by britannia
-Reinforcements arrive in the form of Gino, Anya and Luciano using Vincents
-During the final battle commander goes to the front lines only to be killed by Suzaku on Charles' orders, the remaining Elevens confront Suzaku for being a traitor and only 1 survives after a fierce battle.
-Suzaku earns his moniker and Schneizel keeps conquering the EU. Remaining Eleven goes to Area 11.

No unecessary things like Euro Britannia, Julius(he just stays imprisoned on Pendragon while Charles ponders what to do), Shin ridiculous plan, rocket delivering KMFs, etc
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (862KB, 2048x1490px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
862KB, 2048x1490px
>>13881709
It was foreshadowed in the very first episode too.

>"The power of the king will condemn you to a life of solitude."
>>
>>13881716
I don't dislike Akito as it stands, but your ideas are fine too. They would still need one or more extra episodes though, given some of those require a ton of exposition like the Geass origins.
>>
>>13881716
It's almost like you wanted Akito to be more comparable to Oz then.
>>
>>13881716
Oh man, I love what-ifs.

I don't know if I'd like your version as much, but it sounds more entertaining than Akito already. Seeing Suzaku and Lelouch together (and how much tension there is) was pretty cool, though, and it might be interesting to keep Julius in somehow.

Also kind of feels like Leila's replacement and the W0 crew are only sacrificial lambs for Suzaku's development. There could be a plot twist or two in there, as it stands it seems pretty predictable given what we know from the original series (that Suzaku fucks up everything in the EU). Adding Gino and Anya in anything more than a cameo might be bloating it a bit much as well.

But watching Suzaku wreck shit for more than just one episode would be enough for me to get in on it.
>>
>>13881783
everyone expected at least 1 scene of Suzaku raping Panzer Hummels

instead he and Lelouch just became prisoners and wasted OVAs 4 and 5 doing nothing
>>
>>13881509
>Rolo
Was a good character who served an important purpose. Just because he was a twisted little psycho doesn't mean he's a bad character.
>School shit
Was in R1 as well.
>Gino and Anya
What about them?
>Overpowered 9th Gen KMF
They're the newest, most powerful KMFs with the best pilots in the series. Of course they're going to fuck everyone up.
>Wakamoto not being the final boss
That would have been predictable and not as exciting.
>Ohgi living a happy life
This isn't a wish-fulfillment series.
>No Cornelia piloting a KMF
There were already a shit ton of people in the final battle, it's good they avoided character bloat. Although I think they should have given her more screen time at other points throughout. Her arm was still fucked from the R1 finale, though.
>KoRs being mostly jokes
They were dogging the BKs for pretty much the entire season. Only when 9th gen KMFs showed up were they rendered obsolete (besides that one bullshit episode where Kallen first gets flight-enabled). Using them as frequent opponents showed how much the BKs had progressed in terms of military strength.

>>13881569
>BKs betraying zero
They were pretty justified in doing so, given what they'd just learned (and the fact Lelouch flat out said "yeah you were my pawns" to their faces).
>BKs competent during Damocles fight for some reason
Why wouldn't they be? They had Schneizel and Xingke commanding them - two tactical geniuses. They were all trained soldiers and veterans of plenty battles at that point with advanced machines.
>school shit waste of time
Milly had a little character of her own. Shirley fucking died and had a huge impact. But yeah, school shit is always a waste of time. Happened in R1 as well.
>Suzaku killing Bismarck
His "live" command combined with a head-on suicide attack fried Bismarck's future-sight.
>>
>>13881792
Honestly I didn't expect to get anything from Lelouch/Suzaku beyond that little train scene. I was surprised they gave us as much as they did.
>>
>>13881792
Ironically, I was always hoping that they would only play a small part in the OVA and ultimately that seems to have come true. I was afraid they would dominate the proceedings, which would have been more popular yet also very uninteresting to me. We've seen enough of those two to give them another big role.
>>
>>13881840
I can agree with most of that except for the Cornelia part. They should have put her inside a robot for the final battle at least.
>>
>>13881716
If Taniguchi was still behind it, that might actually have happened. But we can't have nice things.
>>
>>13881716
Won't say Akito turned out perfectly, but I definitely prefer it to your idea.
>>
File: 1434351655873.jpg (190KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
1434351655873.jpg
190KB, 640x582px
>>13881716
I thought there wouldn't be a way to make the lead characters even less relevant but somehow you managed to do it.
>>
>>13882189
Taniguchi would have done something different, but it's hard to predict what his choices could be.
>>
Some KMF info from OVA 5:
-Yukiya's Valiant is repaired with a Drone head. He destroys the Canterbury with a shot to its blindspot
-About 10 Alexander Drones are used
-Hammel confirmed to pilot Leila's Type-02
>>
File: 1453151335263.jpg (16KB, 450x455px) Image search: [Google]
1453151335263.jpg
16KB, 450x455px
>>13882189
>If Taniguchi was still behind it, that might actually have happened

The same Taniguchi behind R2 and Renya? Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>13879904
>R2 had okay direction, and the asspulls made sense for the most part.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>13882937
>>13882935
>"R2 is bad" meme

Sounds like something /a/ would say.
>>
>>13882935
He has a better batting average than that as a whole. If anything, the fact is Taniguchi was the director, not the writer, so the comparison is imperfect.

Obviously Renya was very different but that was the point. It was more fantasy and less technology by default. It also involved the Nightmare of Nunnally guy, which explains things since that manga was also less about the military and more about the supernatural with Zero as a Master Asia-type figure.
>>
>>13883023
>meme
Not surprised this is a thing. Its the same tactic SEEDfags are using to defend it.
>>
>>13883053
Not all of SEED is bad either.
>>
>>13883053
And your "tactic" for denouncing something is to post a reaction image.
>>
>>13883052
>He has a better batting average than that as a whole
Hell no, his only legit good works are Planetes and Maria and that's mainly because they're based on already good sources of material.

>If anything, the fact is Taniguchi was the director, not the writer, so the comparison is imperfect.

You're an idiot. CG was Taniguchi's baby so anything that transpired in that show was entirely his fault along with Okouchi

>Obviously Renya was very different but that was the point.

All you're doing is just dimissing the fact that it was poorly written and largely uninteresting because Taniguchi wrote it, it being "different" doesn't excuse it from being bad.
>>
>>13883056
Of course it is.
>>13883062
Nah there's been plenty of arguments that explain why R2 is shit, the "R2 is bad meme" is fairly recent and then there's this>>13883052 jackass who defends every aspect of it.
>>
Renya sucked hard, all it did was introduce a 13 position for KoRs
>>
>>13883267
>All you're doing is just dimissing the fact that it was poorly written
He does this shit all the time whenever someone points out obvious flaws and poorly written aspects of the franchise. Everyone pretty much agrees that R2 was shit so what's the point of defending it? Nobody likes Renya so whiteknighting it makes no sense. He's a nutjob obsessed with Geass.
>>
LOL, Akiman saying on twitter that people that criticized the KMF being able to fly in R2 don't complain we humans will use similar tech in the future
>>
>>13883267
>Hell no, his only legit good works are Planetes and Maria
Thanks for proving you're really full of shit. Gun X Sword, Ryvius and Code Geass were also good. Maria was uperior to the manga and Planetes, while a bit worse, was even more different.

>You're an idiot. CG was Taniguchi's baby so anything that transpired in that show was entirely his fault along with Okouchi

Thus you're a moron who has no clue about what a director does then.

>All you're doing is just dimissing the fact that it was poorly written and largely uninteresting because Taniguchi wrote it, it being "different" doesn't excuse it from being bad.

Why is it poorly written? Because you don't like it? Oh brother.
>>
>>13883301
No" obvious flaws" or "poorly written" aspects were mentioned in that post. All you're doing is saying everything related to Code Geass is shit for the umpteenth time. There's a real shitposting obsession on your part.
>>
>>13883307
That's a silly thing to say. The real problem wasn't even with the flying tech either.
>>
>>13883275
That post says nothing about R2, much less every aspect, so you're talking bullshit.
>>
Renya was just a generic shounen fighting manga with a few familiar faces for different characters. Pretty mediocre overall.
>>
>>13883383
>Gun X Sword, Ryvius and Code Geass were also good.
Thanks for proving you're really full of shit. All those shows were trash.
>Maria was uperior
Kek
>U STOOPID
Great argument
>Because you don't like it?
Nah its great because everything Geass related is great according to you.
>>
R2 was definitely pretty bad. Everyone knows they messed it up with the time slot change and pressures on the production, various writing issues, etc. You can still defend parts of it, if you're willing to do so, but the season as a whole was a huge misstep.

That said, there is little or no reason to assume it would be representative of any other future Geass project since the surrounding circumstances and even the staff would differ.

It's also unlikely Taniguchi would be involved since he is working on Active Raid right now. The latest episode of that was pretty nice too. Very much in line with /m/'s tastes.
>>
>>13883408
>>13883431

>No" obvious flaws" or "poorly written" aspects were mentioned in that post
Never even said anything in that post just in general idiot, you're just as much of a shitposter as the guy claiming everything to be shit.

>>13883441
No it was bad. Just bad.
>>
>>13883458
>Hating on Infinite Ryvius and Gun X Sword
You really have terrible taste.

>Maria
Plenty of critics have praised the anime and the original parts of it.

>Geass
Never even said it's all great, unlike you who can't stop saying it's all shit.
>>
>>13883475
Liking Ryvius and GxS is the equivalent of shit taste.

The anime was good but not better than the manga.

Wht are you so quick to defend every aspect of it then?
>>
>>13883470
This started because >>13882935
came out and pretended R2 and Renya, and nothing else but those two things, would somehow be relevant to a proposal for an alternate take on the OVA. There's no logic to that reaction.
>>
>>13883482
Hating on Ryvius is such a poor neo-/m/ meme that I can only hope you're trolling. GXS was fine too.

The most interesting characters weren't even from the manga. Weakest parts were those that remained more faithful.

Not every aspect. But I do oppose your total negativity about everything.
>>
>>13883466
>R2 was definitely pretty bad
>Everyone knows it

You're just making sweeping generalizations without providing an actual argument.
>>
>>13883458
wew lad
>>
Hey guys it looked like for a moment there you weren't embarrassed enough about liking Code Geass. I've got a solution to that problem, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGskhEL7zDg
>>
>>13886328
>implying I should feel embarrassed about Code Geass because of a bad Fan Dub of a song.
>>
-Yasuda confirmed to have designed the Liberte. When he was commissioned to draw the Liberte the director asked it to be based on the Ahura Mazda, however the Ahura Mazda hadn't been designed by then...
-Liberte was supposed to throw shurikens and have wings of light. In the the discarded ending it would fly to stop the rocket. It seems the back wings give a green light effect when accelerating.
-Yasuda only did the Red Ogre's head, another person did the body
-Somehow the Red Ogre's head was repaired when he want into the warp
-They cut the scene where Rolo kills the guards to free Julius/Suzaku they looked like Geass priests. He was sent by Charles to free Velaines
-Epilogue scenees chronological order is: Shin's death>Velaines freed>Rolo picks up Julius>gypsy happy end
-Akane worked on the Gundam Wing OP and Tomino was angry at him and kicked a chair because it had a Gundam with its head destroyed
>>
>>13887006
-Liberte does use a shooting weapon
-Hammel corps use Alexander Drones repainted and with cockpits.
-Red Ogre was named by Ashley. Anna spent the whole night painting it. Its sabers are heat weapons.
>>
>>13881840
>What about them?

How they were extraneous, like almost every KoR in the show. Anya was the only one with a minor sense of importance and that was because she served as a walking box for Marianne's soul or whatever that shit was.

>>13881716

Thank god you don't write.
>>
>>13887154
don't try to defend Akito's shit directing and writing
>>
>>13887160

What, and making the entire cast irrelevant to have Lelouch with an EU skin and even more pointless cameos would be better?
>>
>>13887160
Here's a difficult question for you:

Saying something good about Akito.

Not just the battles, but something specific.
>>
>>13887006
>-Akane worked on the Gundam Wing OP and Tomino was angry at him and kicked a chair because it had a Gundam with its head destroyed

But Tomino, Gundams had already lost their heads under your direction!
>>
>>13887006
Introducing wings of light would have been a little too much technological progression too soon, but the alternate ending with the rocket being stopped sounds like it would have have made for a cool scene.

I guess it's interesting they didn't forget about Velaines, since someone would have to take command and he'd be indebted to Britannia after this point.

Red Ogre did look a little weird to me, so that explains why.

>>13887107
I'd like to see those drones.

I liked the scene with Anna sleeping from the 10 minute preview, which I suppose was a reference to her staying up all night before.
>>
>>13887169
-It was a Gaiden, so it would be an irrelevant story to the Geass Universe
-The Geass user could be a leader or fighter, it wouldn't matter
-EU was just incompetent leader and Panzer Hummer defense formations. A competent leader with good KMFs would be the only relevant story to be told
-Good opportunity to explain more about Geass instead of just adding more questions and giving us ridiculous half assed answers
-Suzaku's EU campaign was legendary as was the other KOR participation in it so it would be a thing to show
-Having a non geass good commander like Scheinezel would interesting to see, pure strategy/tactics/ace pilots usage
-Lelouch's presence was completely unnecessary there since all it did was allow Shin/Smials to perform 1 week coups.
-Euro Britannia was completely unnecessary and an asspull that went nowhere
-Having the KoR using Vincents would fill the canon better than the OP Vercingetorix, an 8th gen before 8th gens were rolled out. Not to mention the Liverpools and the Ahura Mazda.
-Akane is a hack
>>
>>13887175
the new KMFs were cool but didn't mesh well with the anime ones.

The whole wZERO were mostly ok characters

Awesome battles

and that is it
>>
>>13887203
>-Suzaku's EU campaign was legendar

So legendary that we saw one piece of it that lasted a minute.

>-EU was just incompetent leader and Panzer Hummer defense formations. A competent leader with good KMFs would be the only relevant story to be told

Isn't that contradictory?

>-Good opportunity to explain more about Geass instead of just adding more questions and giving us ridiculous half assed answers

What, by slapping some random ruins in the middle of Butfuque, France, there for a setpiece like Kaminejima was?

>-It was a Gaiden, so it would be an irrelevant story to the Geass Universe

So why fucking have a story in the place?
>>
>>13887216
not my problem R2 itself forgot about an amazing EU commander holding them back at El Alamein. Akito should have been about him

The EU was just a huge country with a crippling bureaucracy, 1 type of shitty KMF and no relevant character in R1/R2. The OVA had to be a self contained story else it would heavily contradict the anime series.

The EU had 4 Thought Elevators: 1 in London, 1 in Siberia, 1 in Congo and 1 in Jordan(the Libra game starts in this one with Plutone capturing it). They could easily have Charles ordering Schneizel to just quickly acquire these areas as a tie-in for Ragnarok Connection. Another plot point

Luciano mentioned he met Suzaku in the White Russia front, could very well be the final battle before Schneizel turns to West Europe.

They had lots of things mentioned before about the EU that could have been used in the OVA but instead we got a contrived original story that went nowhere

If you hate Suzaku, that's not my problem
>>
>>13887231
>They had lots of things mentioned before about the EU that could have been used in the OVA but instead we got a contrived original story that went nowhere

And that 'contrived original story' would probably be leagues better than the only other avenue, which is 'Europoors get raped by Americans with superior tech.'

>The EU had 4 Thought Elevators: 1 in London, 1 in Siberia, 1 in Congo and 1 in Jordan(the Libra game starts in this one with Plutone capturing it). They could easily have Charles ordering Schneizel to just quickly acquire these areas as a tie-in for Ragnarok Connection. Another plot point

That shit happened off-screen, who needs to see it?

>Luciano mentioned he met Suzaku in the White Russia front, could very well be the final battle before Schneizel turns to West Europe.

And? Yay, more one-sided boring battles.
>>
>>13887250
yet you have no problem with Akito steamrolling everyone in the OVA minus Shin in OVA 5.

EU campaign could be interesting with a competent EU commander on the other side aided by a new Geass even against Scheneizel and the KoR.
>>
>>13887270

Given that the very few people he defeats or kills are by and large nameless grunts, what's the cause for concern?

Yukiya probably does the most, and he fucking nuked them, practically.

>EU campaign could be interesting with a competent EU commander on the other side aided by a new Geass even against Scheneizel and the KoR.

There's absolutely nothing interesting about a battle that we already know the outcome of. Probably why Akito never concerned itself with the larger theater of war.
>>
File: G.F.Y.C.png (192KB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
G.F.Y.C.png
192KB, 279x350px
>>13887285
>There's absolutely nothing interesting about a battle that we already know the outcome of.
>>
>>13887212
It's not any different from how a lot of new Gundam mecha from the Oney Year Period don't necessarily mesh with the ones from the original MSG TV series. It's a retcon by default.
>>
>>13887293

Well, isn't that right?

If you're thrust into the narrative viewpoint of this one almost unknown side that you're expected to care for and you know how it ends - as in the Rounds near single-handedly kick Europe's shit in - what's the point in caring?
>>
>>13887231
I believe the commander was just mentioned in a magazine scan, but he wasn't ever brought up during the TV show. That said, I wouldn't have objected to seeing him appear in Akito though it wasn't a requirement either.

I'd say even the OVA as it stands did introduce a few more KMF, including a redesigned Panzer Hummel and the Gardmare, following the more blocky standards, with the Alexander as a radical novelty on the side. That was nice to see.

It's plausible that they could have done something with the Thought Elevators. I assume they just didn't want to repeat too much of the same material or overload us with cameos. That would be a little closer to what Oz did instead, which makes sense since the mangaka was a fan of the show (unlike Akane who didn't see much or any of Geass until he was hired)

I think Suzaku is fine. Still, I don't think the story of Akito was necessarily obligated to follow his footsteps. It was one possibility out of many.
>>
>>13887300
the Alexander being a one off series in such a larger unexplored country is fine. EU having drone tech is fine too

But Britannia with drone tech, the one-off Ahura Mazda being still a 6th gen but with a novel auto aiming system that works and the Vercingetorix being that unique and powerful before R2 was ridiculous. If it was just the Equus as 6th gen...
>>
>>13887311
Euro Britannia could have gotten the drone tech through spying the EU.

Vercingetorix is supposed to be post-Lancelot Rounds level machine and this is in a world where they could already make everything from Gawain and Siegfried to the new KMFs from the Oz manga. Having the Equus as precedent also explains that part of its design lineage in my opinion.

Ahura Mazda was a bit much, admittedly.
>>
>>13887318
The problem is that the Vercingetorix appears too soon in the timeline if the Equus was never introduced before.
>>
>>13887327
It wasn't shown in the TV show, since it was made for a game tie-in, but Equus was supposed to exist during S1 too.

Honestly, if a giant spinning orange ball can exist, I don't mind a horse/centaur robot at all.
>>
>>13887006
>was supposed to throw shurikens

We're edging into G Gundam territory here. That would have been supremely retarded.
>>
>>13887341
>We're edging into G Gundam territory here
And that's bad how
>>
>>13887341
It didn't happen, but I do like shurikens.

Hopefully they eventually make a KMF G Geass series where all sorts of crazy weapons are used.
>>
>>13887006
Please tell me you're just baiting.
>>
>>13887304
top kek
>>
>>13887318
>Euro Britannia could have gotten the drone tech through spying the EU.
We already know where they got it from.
Its outright been stated in supplememntal materieal that Euro Britannia reverese engineered it from the Alexander Drones left over after the battle in ep 2, just like the Florence.

Seriously, am I the only one who actually pays attention and retains the info posted in these generals?
>>
>>13888858
It's hard to remember everything unless you save the details.
>>
What is the best tag to find Geass images with on Pixiv?

コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ Doesn't even net 1000 results

Also when is that FULL CODE thing people were talking about a few threads back happening?
>>
>>13889946
The hell are you on about? コードギアス yields 21703 results
>>
>>13889946
And here's FULL CODE. Don't think you'll like what you see though:

http://www.pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag_full&word=FULLCODE
>>
>>13890103
>>13890117
Oh I see, I was searching the full Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion title instead of just Code Geass.

And I'm aware that the majority of FULL CODE is gay shit, I'm just interested because there's some artists that have drawn Leila and Akito stuff for it in the past that I want to see.
>>
>>13890133
>Leila and Akito
アキレイ
>>
>>13862487
>11.) https://imgur.com/a/oKEjh
Is this still supposed to be the newest Oz chapter?
>>
>>13890448
nope. we will hit chapter 18 next week
>>
LOL, just after buyanon spends money on a new vol 3 raw, a new version appears in manga raw sites

http://dlmangabk.info/%E6%9D%B1%E6%A2%9D%E3%83%81%E3%82%AB-%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%AE%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B9-%E5%8F%8C%E8%B2%8C%E3%81%AE%E3%82%AA%E3%82%BA-%E7%AC%AC03%E5%B7%BB/

I told him to buy O2 instead
>>
>>13892031
Or, you know, it could be the same one that buyanon bought and then uploaded. Then someone reuploaded elsewhere.
>>
>>13892061
Probably. I've seen people re-up and share stuff people have uploaded here on other websites.
>>
>>13892076
people from baidu and a russian vk Geass community monitor our threads
>>
>>13892031
>new vol 3 raw

>morena684 (2014.04.30 15:17) |

>File no longer available

You sure that's the right link?
>>
>>13892087
http://dlmangabk.info/%E6%9D%B1%E6%A2%9D%E3%83%81%E3%82%AB-%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%AE%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B9-%E5%8F%8C%E8%B2%8C%E3%81%AE%E3%82%AA%E3%82%BA-%E7%AC%AC03%E5%B7%BB-2/
>>
>>13892099
>>13892031
nothing to see here

it's just the old trash raw
>>
>>13883267
GunxSword was excellent. The original R2 script was revised because of the time slot change and Sunrise demanding more figurines since the show was selling like hotcakes.
>>
>>13892190
>GunxSword was excellent.
I love this meme
>>13892190
>The original R2 script was revised
There was no original script. R2 was made on the fly, the only evidence of an original scenario is Stage 26 which is more of a rough draft than a plan.
>>
>>13892195
Not even that guy, but what is your beef with GunXSword?
>>
>>13892195
> R2 was made on the fly

According to the writer, the last episode's script was submitted in May 2008, which was like four or five months before the end of the show.
>>
>>13892195
>There was no original script
https://twitter.com/ichirou_o/status/449757015393333248/photo/1
>>
>>13892268
That's Stage 26 idiot
>>
>>13892288
Yeah nevermind disregard that I'm a retard who didn't finish reading your post.
>>
>>13892195
I don't think they had a fully detailed plan, but they did have extra background material written down, not all of which was used for R2.
>>
>>13892031

I am still going to buy O2 later on, so no worries.
>>
>>13892376
based, please buy O2 vols 2 and 4 first since they have the chapters we haven't seen yet.

it's gonna take years until the translation reaches O2 anyway
>>
>>13892404
Don't listen to this anon. Get them in order. I'd like to see the lineart and other stuff along with the chapters.
>>
>>13892993
there's no lineart in O2 manga, sadly
>>
File: 1453570049276.png (2MB, 1545x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1453570049276.png
2MB, 1545x1143px
So who's getting Fire Emblem Fates tomorrow? I'll just be drawing parallels with Code Geass throughout the whole game, it's gonna be such a pain.
>>
>>13893216
Speaking of parallels...there was a Knightmare Frame on the latest episdoe of Active Raid.
>>
Commission anon here. Maybe next chapter this weekend.
>>
-Manfredi's face scars where done by Shin when they first met on that ED pic, that's why Farnese never trusted Shin
-Jean's back wing tatto signifies that she wants to be free as a woman and not to try to pass as a man
-Ayano liked Akito but it was one-sided, similar situation to Jean/Shin
-Yukiya received a blood transfer from Akito
-Immediately after the OVA 5 ending Scheinezel arrived on the EU and Suzaku slaughtered the EU armies
>>
>>13895928
Post your source please
>>
>>13895928
-They said the teleportation is the same as in the TV series with VV moving around the existence of the World of C
-Almost everyone from Shin/Akito clan were assassins including their grandfather.
-The gypsies picked Anou along the way as he was going to the castle
-Shin's Geass is distorted because of the way he acquired it.
-Yukiya saw his japanese underground friends that he failed to protect in OVA 1, Mariko and Shinji, when near death. This was shown only in the novel. They cut a scene where Yukiya says he and Akito are now blood brothers.
-Doctor that saved Yukiya is called Takeru Yamato
-Leila's Geass allowed Akito and Shin to remember what really happened during their family's massacre, Shin was kind to Akito.
-The control room massacre was not a time rewind but a parallel world to which Leila was transferred.
-Everyone left the castle after the battle. wZERO returned to Euro Brittania and the civilian employees wen to their houses. Maybe Klaus could afford his daughter's treatment.
-Anna kinda of likes Yukiya, Hammel is into Anna so he's always near her
-The 3 Michael swordsmen were above Shin and would have succeeded Manfredi if hadn't left a will saying Shin would take over
-Geass is in the DNA of the human race and the Supervisor thought they would reach the next level, however people are greedy so she decided to kill all Geass users.
-The Supervisor can't affect the physical world so she cooperated with Smilas. Maybe they killed Leila's father and Akito's family
-Akito was ok if Ashley didn't return from Shin's camp
-Euro Britannia doesn't accept female knights so Jeanne changed her name and appearance to fit.
-Ayano wanted to meet Jean because of their similar unrequited loves
-Supervisor's appearance depends on the inner personality of a person. Cute girl to Leila, frightening woman to Smilas.
-Leila and Akito's feeling crossed space-time
-Velaines was demoted when Schneizel came.
>>
>>13896000
https://twitter.com/kotori_zero
https://twitter.com/miya_raku

there are more on twitter if you want to search
>>
>>13896108
>-Geass is in the DNA

This general idea was actually mentioned in earlier materials about the TV series, just never stated explicitly.
>>
>>13896108
The staff also mentioned there might be some 10th anniversary news
>>
File: intersellar-cooper.jpg (99KB, 540x322px) Image search: [Google]
intersellar-cooper.jpg
99KB, 540x322px
>>13896108
>Leila and Akito's feeling crossed space-time

MUUUURPH!
>>
>>13896108
>Euro Britannia "no girls allowed"

Pretty fucking stupid, considering half the Knights of the Round are women as well as Cornelia. No wonder the Euro Brits needed to import a competent military adviser from the mainland.
>>
File: 1430656980658.jpg (12KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1430656980658.jpg
12KB, 300x225px
>>13896108
>-Doctor that saved Yukiya is called Takeru Yamato
Who even gives a crap? It's like they're overcompensating for the abysmal final episode.

>the Supervisor thought they would reach the next level
Isn't the geass meant to be a curse that will designate you to solitude? Way to go retconing the original series.
>>
>>13896469
Who is ready for a new Code Geass project?
>>
>>13896108
Hey, I was right when I pointed out that Anna seemed pretty concerned for Yukiya. I thought she seemed like something more was in there for her.
>>
>>13896108
>-The control room massacre was not a time rewind but a parallel world to which Leila was transferred.

Wait a second...

>>13874997
>The Space Time Administrator is the one responsible for the time rewind

Welp, you guys know what this means right?

>>13896469
>The staff also mentioned there might be some 10th anniversary news

Get ready for the new Geass project to be an alt world where Lelouch lives due to the Administrator.
>>
>>13896827
Me and I have my fingers crossed that it won't be more akito. I'm in desperate need of something to rinse my mind of it and sunrise is making damn sure it isn't gonna happen anytime soon with this endless barrage of extraneous information.
>>
>>13896883
If this does involve some ideas that were seen in some fanfics of Lelouch of going back in time or his mind to one of his younger self my mind will be blown. But I wonder if it thats possible will they have him more open up the the women he had interacted with then? Or another version of Lelouch in a parallel world that has knowledge from his other self?
>>
>>13896883
If this happens I'm going to kick a puppy.
>>
>>13896929
>>13896883
This would be a worst-case scenario. I shouldn't need to explain why.
>>
File: AO.jpg (37KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
AO.jpg
37KB, 600x240px
>>13896883
>sequel series
>parallel worlds
>mucking up the original series

GET READY BOYS
IT'S ASTRAL OCEAN ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
>>13896811
Knights of the Round are not Euro Britannia, who seem more obsessed with chivalry in the traditional male-centered sense and don't answer to the Emperor. But yeah, it's not a wise decision objectively speaking.
>>
>>13896815
>abysmal
Dude, it's alright. I know you hate it, but let us make up our minds about the episode after watching.

As for the Geass itself, we never got an explanation about its origins and what the Supervisor might mean could very well refer to overcoming the curse, not falling to it. There's no contradiction conceptually speaking.
>>
>>13896883
Ever since the Time Space Administrator was introduced, I've been thinking we could potentially get a parallel world AU where Lelouch is alive and other events probably happened very different too, unlike the regular Geass canon.
>>
>>13896948
Honestly, it wouldn't need to be a sequel series. It could be an alternate past, present or future, without requiring anything similar to AO's premise.

I'd also doubt Akane would stick around and he's probably the only person on the staff who really cares about alternate dimensions to the extent of doing anything complicated from them.
>>
>>13896929
I think you're jumping to conclusions way too fast, especially since the new information confirms it wasn't a time rewind, so there's no need for time travel to take place.

It's more likely, if I had to guess, that it would just be "here's a completely different story, which exists because it's a parallel world" as in Nightmare of Nunnally itself, only with more differences, which is already an official example of such a thing.

At the end of Nightmare of Nunnally, there's a glimpse of the ending of R2, which suggested there was a Code Geass multiverse. This might tie to that.
>>
>>13897036
You're right. Retcon was the wrong word to use. Still I can't help but feel they're undoing the thematic role that the geass played in the original show.
>>
>>13896895
Oh come on. It's not going to be more Akito, because the director himself must be tired of that project, but unlike you I don't think this is Sunrise trying to bother anyone. All this new information is simply coming from the "staff night" events, which they also held for the previous episodes of Akito. Once that's done and the BD/DVD comes out, you won't here anything more about Akito. Only those of us who still care will ever talk about it then.
>>
>>13896948
Or G Gundam
Or Gundam Wing
Or Gundam SEED
Or Gundam 00
Or Gundam IBO
Or Gundam X
Or Gundam Evolve

Technically all of those are "alternate universes" that exist in parallel to the Universal Century.
>>
>>13896883
I would like to see an alternate world where Jeremiah's sister who looks just like Lelouch is actually the protagonist, since that discarded idea from the original Code Geass seemed interesting enough. And maybe they'd have Lelouch as a normal student show up as a cameo with no more importance than Rivalz.
>>
>>13897111
Not quite. The only thing they really have in common with UC is the word "Gundam". They're each self-contained stories in their own universes that maintain iconic elements from the franchise. AO is a direct sequel that actively shits all over the original series.
>>
>>13897079
Not necessarily. In the original series, since people kept misusing Geass and being so damn greedy, they kept becoming immortal (or, failing this, dying long before that point) and succumbing to isolation, spreading the power carelessly to new contractors in order to find an escape through death. If this time space girl expected humanity to not continue to fall into that cycle of death and destruction but use Geass in a more constructive sense, then she'd probably be more satisfied with Lelouch's actions at the end of R2, where regardless of his own dead or alive status he acted against the curse and certainly wasn't alone when he died (or survived in the cart, if you prefer that version as head canon).
>>
>>13897121
>discarded idea

Well, what we got wasn't too far off aside from the gender swap. And IMO Lelouch works better as a man. He's selfish, prideful, whiny, and insecure, and he just feels like an angry little boy lashing out for having shitty male role models in his childhood, in addition to his whole worldwide power-trip. Wouldn't be as convincing if he were a girl. Also gotta rake in that yaoi fandom somehow.
>>
>>13897137
I know they're different, and I'm pointing that out in order to show this doesn't mean they will go the AO route. New self-contained stories with a Lelouch (or Lelouch-like) character could be created without changing the end of R2.

AO's problem is that it openly interfered with an already properly concluded story and created a direct continuation within the same universe, even if they jumped through time and space.

But if AO had been an alternate universe of Eureka 7 where, say Renton and Eureka never met and could be taken as its own separate story, then people wouldn't have complained so much. Or at least they'd complain more like they did about the movie, which didn't shit all over the original series even if it wasn't good.
>>
>>13897153
What's a non-abusive way to use a power that's called "absolute obedience"?
>>
>>13897193
Make Hitler suck the dicks of Holocaust survivors.
>>
>>13897167
Our Lelouch is already pretty fabulous in his fashion and can look quite feminine, as two distinct picture dramas have already demonstrated.

But honestly, I think a female perspective could be a nice change of pace and a pretty bold move, since even Gundam has never taken such a step (0080 came the closest, but Chris wasn't the protagonist). You'd still have the typical young boys around for the yaoi fangirls.
>>
>>13897193
For a start, he could have restrained himself from using it too many times and thus avoid (or at least delay for years) reaching the permanently on state.

In the long run, just like he did in the show, it would be a matter of not taking C.C.'s Code and killing her in exchange for immortality. It's that last temptation which dooms users to a life of isolation (barring other mystical nonsense getting in the way, like Ragnarok).
>>
File: four lovely girls.jpg (681KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
four lovely girls.jpg
681KB, 1600x1200px
>>13897222
I like to believe Lelouch's fabulous fashion and overall femininity is the result of his upbringing. Clovis and Schneizel were the only two men he ever really interacted with, and they aren't exactly paragons of masculinity.
>>
>>13897250
So you're trying to shit on the whole "geass will make you lonely" prophecy too. Okay.
>>
>>13897268
Not him, but the canon already shits on that, as C.C. has already commented on being wrong about that on two separate occasions, after both Dash and Lelouch died.
>>
>>13897339
And almost forgot, Leila also proves it false too.
>>
>>13897339
Who the fuck is Dash?

Fuck what the green bitch says, Lelouch lost his will to live and even turned his little sister against him.
>>
>>13897345
>Leila also proves it false too
Are you even following the conversation? My whole point is that akito is shitting on the original canon.
>>
>>13897268
C.C. herself at the end of R2:

"I told you that the Power of the King would make you lonely...but maybe that wasn't quite true, right...Lelouch?"

Paraphrased, I know. Yet the point is the curse was, when it comes to Lelouch, broken. He shat all over the curse.
>>
File: DASH.png (268KB, 478x456px) Image search: [Google]
DASH.png
268KB, 478x456px
>>13897349
From Renya of Darkness. C.C. literally said verbatim was she said at the end of the final episode of the anime about Lelouch about Dash after his death.
And Lelouch didn't lose the will to live. He wanted to live. Death was just his punishment for his sins. Suzaku was the one who really wants to die, which is why his punishment is to live.

>>13897358
Doesn't matter. Because Renya was written by Taniguchi.

Really, the whole life of solitude seems like something that they all say because they repeat what the one who gave them Geass said and have come to believe it through their own experiences. But Lelouch and Dash both subvert that belief because despite the whole "condemned to a life of loneliness" thing,neither of them were ever truly alone. Dash's subordinates, all of them, had the utmost loyalty and respect for him. And Lelouch, despite pushing all of those close to him away, was not truly abandoned by his loved ones. Kallen and Nunnally both realizewhat he had done from the moment Zero Requiem happened, and his friends bear him no ill will at the very end, even Suzaku who admits he can still never forgive Lelouch at the end of Miraculous Birthday.
>>
>>13897358
I disagree, because >>13897409

C.C. literally says that nope, maybe she was wrong about the Power of the King making you lonely. That's still part of canon even without the OVA existing.

Honestly, Akito is not doing anything different (though, for the sake of accuracy, we don't know what Leila's eventual future would be, but that's speculation).
>>
>>13897411
Are you retarded? Both of them wanted to repent by killing themselves. Suzaku was just ahead of Lelouch.

>>13897409
>>13897424

>>13897349
>>
>>13897349

Lelouch was motivated in part by despair, this is true, but not completely. He still wanted to change the world and gambled on one last move. Lelouch did something for himself but also for the world.

He didn't do so alone either. In fact, he kept Suzaku and C..C at his side, who shared his basic goal by then, and he died with a smile of satisfaction, knowing his goal was achieved.

He also ended up with a few people not hating him, despite being recorded as a criminal in history. So Lelouch isn't all that lonely, in truth, compared to how previous Geass or Code users were killed or were exclusively concerned with their own death.
>>
>>13897431
No, he really didn't.

See, the point of a punishment is that the form of punishment is not something you want. The old Perfect Guidebook stated that what Lelouch wanted most was to live on with Nunnally.

Suzaku on the otherhand, wants nothing more than to die. Thats why he is cursed to live on as Zero for the rest of his life. For a man who has lost the will to live and wants nothing more than to to die, there is no greater punishment than to force him to live out the remainder of his days.
>>
>>13897431

Of course, Suzaku and Lelouch wanted to repent. This is undeniable.

But they also wanted to help people, humanity as a whole plus their friends and family left, move forward into tomorrow. All that jazz. Their own words confirm as much, so one cannot claim they were only being desperate without literally ignoring what came out of their mouths and is present in the footage.

Which you could do, but it would be silly.
>>
>>13897411

The Birthday special and PD 9 (set after the end of R2) also have confirm Lelouch and Suzaku weren't purely masochistic in their intentions either.
>>
>>13897411
>Really, the whole life of solitude seems like something that they all say because they repeat what the one who gave them Geass said and have come to believe it through their own experiences

I agree. This is pretty much the truth behidn the "curse" and why Lelouch was able to overcome it, even if he still had to die.
>>
So what did CC mean with her last line? What was the point of the paper crane at the end there?
>>
>>13897449
>Lelouch wanted most was to live on with Nunnally.

>Suzaku on the otherhand, wants nothing more than to die
Suzaku wanted the SAZ to succeed more than his own death too. Stop making shit up just so it will fit your argument better.

The original argument was about geass bringing loneliness. You're not really doing your own argument a lot of favors there.

>>13897456
>so one cannot claim they were only being desperate without literally ignoring what came out of their mouths and is present in the footage.
I have no idea what you're even trying to say.

>>13897499
1. Appease fanboys and shipperfags
2. Have morons forever argue over whether lelouch lived or died so that nobody will ever forget about this series thanks to them.
>>
>>13897499
1. Lelouch is alive! He made the paper crane!

or

2. Lelouch didn't die alone. Either C.C. herself made the paper crane or maybe it was a final gift from Nunnally.
>>
>>13897521
That was temporary. It's true Suzaku agreed with Euphemia about the SAZ and was looking forward to that as a solution for Japan, but his secret personal desire was to die. Mao confirmed this and Suzaku's inner monologues also refer to it. That remained true both before and after the Princess Massacre. He was angry at Lelouch's command because it perverted his mindset and took any chance of voluntarily dying away from him. This was part of his criticism at the shrine meeting in R2 17 too.
>>
>>13897521
I thought the original argument was some speculation about the space/time administrator or something. I've completely lost track.
>>
>>13897521
>Suzaku wanted the SAZ to succeed more than his own death too.
And? That is irrelevant to his state of mind at the end of the series because it already failed.
Stop being selective to fit your own argument.
>>
>>13897521
What I meant is this:

Lelouch and Suzaku spoke of their desire for mutual punishment, but they also spoke about the future of the world. They keep talking about how their actions will open the way to tomorrow, both in public and in private. Which is why one cannot ignore this essential part of their mindset and exclusively refer to their talk of punishment. Suzaku and Lelouch hate themselves, but they didn't hate the entire world. They were quite optimistic about its post-ZR fate.
>>
>>13897539
It was, but we got off track into talking about whether or not Lelouch fell victim to the curse of Geass at the end of his TV show.
>>
>>13897537
Can we get back on track? What does all this have anything to do with lelouch not ending up lonely? Note that suzaku didn't ally with him because he forgave him.

>>13897544
My "own argument" wasn't even about Suzaku, dipshit. You're pulling at straws and you know it.
>>
File: Kanon_Maldini.png (605KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kanon_Maldini.png
605KB, 1280x720px
>>13897549
>They keep talking about how their actions will open the way to tomorrow, both in public and in private.
>public and private
>>
>>13897537
It should be mentioned that Euphemia alleviated some of his desire to die. She gave him something new to live for because he loved her.
Her death was the final nail in the coffin as Lelouch, intentional or not, took away the most important thing in his life and what had given him new will to live. That was why Suzaku's hatred for Lelouch was so intense, he had taken Suzaku's new reason to live, and to add insult to injury, made him unable to die (Intentionally)
>>
>>13897556
Heh, you made me smile.
>>
>>13897558
You're correct. She could have fully healed Suzaku's psychological complex, in due time, but we know that didn't happen in the end. You could say Lelouch ended up curing him, both through the command and later with the task of remaining as Zero to watch over the world.
>>
>>13897555
>My "own argument" wasn't even about Suzaku, dipshit. You're pulling at straws and you know it.
No, it wasn't. But, since you've been provided strong counter points against your argument, you've had to nitpick at the Suzaku detail. Thats why you singled out the desire of Suzaku and said "Yeah, well, he also wanted this other thing!"
>>
>>13897554
I never _speculated_ about the administrator. I said akito is undoing the thematic significance of the geass.

>>13897575
Nitpick? Me?
>>
>>13897555
It's complicated. Suzaku didn't truly forgive Lelouch, as one really couldn't expect him to forget what he did to Euphemia, but he did come to understand him.

Lelouch being so readily willing to die as punishment is what must have helped their reconciliation. But after that, you could say they became friends again, after seeing each other at his worst. Enough for Suzaku to cry when he finally killed Lelouch. Agreeing to that action might have started out of hate, but it moved past that. Thus he was among those mourning Lelouch in the picture dramas.
>>
>>13897581
>I said akito is undoing the thematic significance of the geass.
And we have provided you evidence that that had already been done in the anime.
>>
File: 634128.jpg (323KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
634128.jpg
323KB, 1680x1050px
>>13897537
>>13897558
>>13897567
This is why I loved episode 20. The whole "I command you to love me, and in return, I'll love you" scene made me teary-eyed (and I'm not normally a pussy about these kinds of things, I don't know why this got to me). Euphy had some good development for having so little screen time.

What I liked the most about Euphy/Suzaku was that it wasn't a one-sided relationship or anything. They were on equal grounds and had to work as a team to get through each conflict. They both had their narratives. It went beyond the simple "let's be pacifists because conflict is bad" Kira/Lacus stereotype, which I find just tiresome.
>>
>>13897575
>you've been provided strong counter points against your argument
My fucking sides. You literally denied suzaku wanting to atone for his sins. You're not in a position to argument about anything. Go watch the show again asshat.
>>
>>13897581
I just don't think Code Geass ended with the theme that the curse could never be broken or avoided. Which is why Akito introducing a Geass user who doesn't fall victim to it, at least as far as we know (an Akito sequel could change that, hah) is not something that bothers me. Nor would a new AU show necessarily undo the ending.
>>
>>13897589
>>And we have provided you evidence that that had already been done in the anime.
What fucking evidence?

>suzaku teamed up with lelouch at the end so he wasn't lonely LOL
>>
>>13897599
If anything, Shin was the one who (almost) fell completely victim to the curse, as distorted as his power was, since he could never truly stay with his friends/family due to the nature of his power and his own juvenile insanity.
>>
>>13897596
>You literally denied suzaku wanting to atone for his sins.
When did I say that? Suzaku is atoning for his sins by living, as per his punishment. He wants to die, so he has to keep living.
>>
>>13897595
>"I command you to love me, and in return, I'll love you" scene
That was the stupidest scene in the entire season.

>>13897613
>When did I say that?
Right here, bitch: >>13897449

>Both of them wanted to repent by killing themselves
>No, he really didn't.
>>
>>13897604
I wouldn't say it's just the team up, since that alone is insufficient, but how both Suzaku and the others reacted to Lelouch's death. If he had been truly lonely, then nobody would have cried over his passing.
>>
>>13897588
What was the most agonizing was that Lelouch was never able to reveal that the Euphemia incident was completely unintentional, and that he planned on joining her instead. That's why I like the sheer absurdity of the "poorly-timed joke" device for setting off that chain of events - there was absolutely no way Lelouch could explain to Suzaku what actually happened and make it sound believable, especially given that Lelouch had cemented his identity as a liar and manipulator at that point. It basically forced Lelouch to stay true to his original goals, no matter how badly he felt about his own actions. It truly isolated him.

The fact that Suzaku never found out the truth about what happened that day and STILL accepted Lelouch for who he is shows how much of a bond they had, and how much they'd developed throughout the series.

What I think helped their reconciliation, though, is that Lelouch took Suzaku's advice he gave at their meeting in the shrine. Suzaku told him that if he lived up to the fake persona he built for himself (Zero) and made his lies a reality, he'd help him. And that's exactly what happens. Then comes the whole theme of self-sacrifice (for both of them) in order to fulfill those lies, which opens up a whole new can of themes.

Shit like this is why I love this show. You don't get this out of many other anime. Lelouch and Suzaku had some great parallels.
>>
>>13897617
It's a pretty ridiculous scene, taken in isolation, but works in the context of Suzaku's characterization and knowing that Euphemia is a pretty clumsy romantic. Enough to say something so cheesy and sappy to him.

In any case, the staff were aware that couldn't last, so they killed her off and didn't go for the constructive personal growth route with him.
>>
>>13897617
>That was the stupidest scene in the entire season.

nigga fight me
>>
>>13897617
Ah, taking a quote out of context again.
Here, let me better explain to help you out, since I can see you have reading comprehension problems:

Suzaku wants death, his punishment is life. Lelouch wants to live, his punishment is dying.
Because Suzaku wants to die, he must repent by continuing to live on as Zero. Because he wants to die, death is not a punishment.
>>
>>13897618
>If he had been truly lonely, then nobody would have cried over his passing.
That's some nice mental gymnastics you've got going there.

Both the black knights and his little sister became his enemy, and although suzaku became his ally they weren't exactly on excellent terms. The geass only ever worked perfectly when he used it destructively.

>>13897633
>Ah, taking a quote out of context again.
I literally greetexted the context for you.

>again
Where did I quote you out of context before?
>>
Ah, I see whats going on here.

Guys, its Shitposter-kun riling you all up.
>>
>>13897633
>Lelouch wants to live
Unless you can show me the fanbook, you have nothing more than an empty claim for that.

If he wanted to live with his sister so bad, why didn't he do just that?

>>13897647
Fuck off with your retarded boogeyman.
>>
>>13897623
That is partially open to debate since we didn't see their full conversation post-Ragnarok. Lelouch obviously didn't tell the world and his various friends about that, but it's possible he may have finally told Suzaku the truth about Euphemia's murder somewhere during the time skip before his taking the Britannian throne, in preparation for ZR. The next episode preview for R2 22 seems to suggest that was a possibility.

https://youtu.be/RxRtg0HegVw?t=1417

But yeah, he couldn't tell Suzaku anything before, at least not until they were both mentally broken individuals with seemingly little or nothing to lose. Which is also where I do think the advice from the shrine played a role.
>>
>>13897636
Your mental gymnastics consist of wanting to ignore C.C.'s words during the very last scene of the show, whereas mine are based on using them to start connecting prior events.

Fact is, canon says Lelouch wasn't so lonely after all, even past his death. Whether you want to accept that or not, it's right there in the epilogue of Code Geass for all to see.
>>
>>13897625
The retardation wasn't in the sappiness, it was in that he was in the middle of the fucking battlefield, about to be killed off by the enemy, and she somehow thought that was a great time to announce such trivial bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, Euphy and Suzaku were two of the better characters in Geass, but that scene really pissed me off.
>>
>>13897636
It's worth adding that his sister ultimately stopped hating him after the magic hand reading (a pretty silly idea for a power, to be honest, but whatever the fuck works I guess) at his death scene. Also at that time, at least one or two of the Black Knights, starting with Kallen since that's the most clear example, got over their recent hatred of Lelouch. Even freaking Tohdoh, who recognized Suzaku, seemed more stunned than hateful or celebrating the death of a tyrant.

I'd say the Geass is often considered a Monkey's Paw in-universe, at least most of the time, but there have been a couple of exceptions by the end of the story.
>>
>>13897670
My personal wish fulfillment would be Lelouch spilling his guts to Suzaku as the two reconcile and formulate their plan for the Zero Requiem as steadfast bros. But I like the ambiguousness or harsh reality of the other scenarios.

I think Suzaku chose to forgive Lelouch despite not knowing the truth, which is what Lelouch was referring to in the episode preview. It also lines up with what Shirley told him about forgiveness.

It's also interesting to note the last thing they say to each other before the Emperor Lelouch timeskip was Suzaku saying "That's right, you murdered Euphy..." and Lelouch callously responds "What of it?" which is what exactly Charles said/did when kid-Lelouch accused him of not caring about Marianne's murder.
>>
>>13897677
>wanting to ignore C.C.'s words during the very last scene of the show
It was so vague that anyone can interpret however to their liking. To me it seemed like pretty blatant cartdriver fanfic bait. We can argue over that one line all we want, but I don't see that ever going beyond "my interpretation > your interpretation".

>>13897692
>It's worth adding that his sister ultimately stopped hating him
Yeah I saw the show too. But her no longer thinking he was a monster for 10 seconds before his death doesn't do much to convince me geass didn't make him lonely.

>>13897699
>Suzaku chose to forgive Lelouch
Have you seen Miraculous Birthday?
>>
>>13897707
>Miraculous Birthday

Let's not play this game again.
>>
>>13897721
The second half of it was meant to be serious.
>>
>>13897681
Okay, I get you. It wasn't the right time to have such a moment. But you know how childish Euphemia is and how Code Geass let her interrupt events more than once. This is a girl who announced her SAZ at a school and dressed up in a silly disguise.
>>
File: [Geass]-ch40_05.png (486KB, 959x649px) Image search: [Google]
[Geass]-ch40_05.png
486KB, 959x649px
>>13897707
>It was so vague that anyone can interpret however to their liking. To me it seemed like pretty blatant cartdriver fanfic bait. We can argue over that one line all we want, but I don't see that ever going beyond "my interpretation > your interpretation".
Taniguchi > Anyone's interpretation
If it was up to speculation, he wouldn't have had it happen again
>>
>>13897739
Well okay, what did Taniguchi say about that line?
>>
File: fanbooklelouchlivesuzakudie.jpg (366KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fanbooklelouchlivesuzakudie.jpg
366KB, 1024x768px
>>13897659
>Unless you can show me the fanbook,

From Code Geass R2 The Complete Official Guidebook:

"...Death for Lelouch who wishes for a tomorrow with his sister, life for Suzaku who wishes to atone for his sins through death. Suzaku, who accepts the weight of Zero's mask, gives his gratitude to Lelouch. For the fact that he can atone for his sins. For the results of fulfilling his own wish."

Not my translation, btw.
>>
>>13897753
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>13897707
Sure, it's admittedly unclear whether they meant to suggest Lelouch remains dead or alive, but C.C. is definitely bringing up her original rhetoric about the curse and saying it was not correct and absolute.

One way or another, she's leaving room for directly questioning its accuracy. Thus, indeed, the exact meaning depends on why, or how, you or any of us want to interpret that scene and its phrase.
>>
>>13897707
How do you interpret the two picture dramas set after Code Geass then? They speak fondly of Lelouch there, even to his ghost.
>>
>>13897707
Suzaku says he can't forgive Lelouch because of all he has done, but he's still sad and, just for this once, wishes him a happy birthday. That's about as close as Code Geass can make him be kind to Lelouch.
>>
>>13897773
>They speak fondly of Lelouch there, even to his ghost.
Still nothing to do with loneliness, god fucking damn

>>13897753
I guess if I argue any more at this point I'd just come off as desperate but I still don't feel like those words in the picture prove me wrong.

>Suzaku, who accepts the weight of Zero's mask, gives his gratitude to Lelouch. For the fact that he can atone for his sins.
>Suzaku wanted nothing other than death
Oh hey, you were wrong too.
>>
>>13897820
Nobody is perfectly right about all of these things, since there's both too much info and too little.
>>
>>13897820
Lelouch can't be too lonely, since he's with Shirley and maybe even Euphemia in whatever corner of the World of C houses their souls.
>>
>>13897820
>Oh hey, you were wrong too.

>>13897753
>life for Suzaku who wishes to atone for his sins through death
This literally says exactly what I was saying and you want to nitpick my wording?
You're right, you are coming off as desperate.
>>
>>13897681
I think what they were going for was that Suzaku was at his lowest moment during that battle - he wasn't Euphy's knight any more, and he was stuck down in his pit of suicidal depression. Euphy's speech was what he needed the most at that moment. He needed a reason not to give in to his self-hatred so that he would survive that battle. Although the energy filler issue kind of prevented him from doing that regardless.
>>
>>13897884
>through death
Exactly, you're wrong.
>>
>>13897922
He wants to die, so he has to live.
How am I wrong?
>>
>>13897884
>You're right, you are coming off as desperate.
Nah, I take that back. It's you who's desperate.

From the same source as yours:

>"Lelouch, who gathered not just his sister's but the sins of all of his kin, tells Suzaku that he wants him to kill him. And, atoning for his sin of killing his father by becoming Zero and devoting himself to world peace. That is Suzaku's wish. Pierced by Suzaku's sword, Lelouch dies with a satisfied smile on his face. The curtains are lowered upon the history of one boy who performed the perfect 'evil' to the end."

That pretty much implies the exact opposite of the part that you showed me. Nice cherrypicking.

>>13897938
And he's grateful for that. In the end he wanted punishment, which isn't at all identical to death.
>>
>>13897943
You really are Shitposter-kun. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I see this anon >>13897647 was right.
>>
>>13897893
>He needed a reason not to give in to his self-hatred so that he would survive that battle
Are you implying euphie gave him that reason? More like she reinforced his death wish. Watch the episode again.

>>13897958
Wow, you absolutely destroyed me with such excellent argument, shitposter-kun. How will I ever recover?
>>
There was a lot of cuckoldery in Akito:
-Shin's mother with Akito's father
-Smilas with Leila's mom

>director's fetish?
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>13901648
When there's new material to discuss.
>>
>>13901845
Fine, heres new material to discuss:
Next Oz chapter within the next 12 hours
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.