[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Char's Counterattack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

Oh my god this is like the entirety of Zeta Katz packed into a 5 minute sequence mixed with the shitty Rosama/Four drama.

>unstable dickthirsty bitch you're crushing on ditches you without a moment's hesitation and threatens to shoot your father's friend
>becomes increasingly indoctrinated, unstable and possessive while trying to hop on char's dick
>steal a grunt suit in the middle of a warzone
>said bitch is now in the cockpit of the bastard child of the Quin Mantha and Zeong
>doesn't get the hint that she barely gave a shit about him (i say barely because at least she had the decency to push him out of the way)
>responsible adult on his side takes her out because it's a warzone and she's a psychopath
>DUMB ADULTS REEEEEEEEEE
>empties his fucking gun into said adult

I was fucking livid through this entire sequence.
Please tell me there's some follow up somewhere, where he gets a court martial for this shit or something.
>>
>Please tell me there's some follow up somewhere, where he gets a court martial for this shit or something.
You did this on purpose, OP, I'm not dumb.
>>
>>13857025
>Please tell me there's some follow up somewhere, where he gets a court martial for this shit or something.
Yes, It's called Hathaway's Flash
>>
>>13857027
I'm not sure what you mean pal.
On another note, braided ponytail Quess is adorable.

>>13857039
>follows alternate storyline
Well, at least he suffers.
>>
I wish Hathaway's flash was animated just so it would be canon that Bright fucking killed him
>>
>>13857053

Wasn't it that he just watched him die and then opened up a family restaurant too?
>>
>>13857052
>braided ponytail Quess is adorable
Where's my halfnakedQuess_on_Char.png
>>
>>13857061
>then opened up a family restaurant too?
Bright's! We'll slap the taste into your mouth!
>>
>>13857061
>>13857096
Was it a burger place?
>>
>>13857025
This movie was garbage, the pacing was shit, lt made characters unlikeable to hell, and the animation was subpar for its time, it just felt like a longer episode of UC. What were they thinking?
>>
I still don't know why people get so butthurt over Quess and Hathaway. It's really just a subplot.
>>
>>13857504
The butthurt stems from the fact that it could just ended at Quess sacrificing herself to save Hathaway in a lesson about how love and war only create tragedy. But nope, the faggot just had to shoot the very person who saved his life, and basically played no part in the movie afterwords, not even with the Axis Shock.

tl;dr: He pissed viewers off too much to enjoy what little merit the movie had left.
>>
>>13857545
But Tomino wanted to show that the younger generation was screwed up to. CCA sort of subverts the whole "stupid adults" undercurrent in Gundam.

I don't know why people get so upset over CCA; it's a good movie.
>>
>>13857105
Salty Burgers.

Alternatively, just White Base for the Castle analog.
>>
>>13857553
>I don't know why people get so upset over CCA; it's a good movie.
Because of MUH Z and MUH ZZ.
>>
>>13857553
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
CCA was a mistake.

>>13857553
>it's a good movie.
It's an objectively bad movie and even worse entry into the UC Gundam timeline.
>>
>>13857797
We're talking about CCA, not ZZ
>>
>>13857827

He is right, though.

Take off the Gundam tinted glasses and just try and judge the movie as a film. The plot is all over the place, the characters are all fucking idiots that change direction faster than a chased squirrel, and while the robots have nice designs the actual fights are pretty poorly handled.

Its just... not good. Very not good. It only gets a pass because its Gundam and its the last hurrah of Char and Amuro.
>>
>>13857797
Zeta fag detected
>>
>>13857827
>>13857852
I present CCA fans
>>
>>13857860
Zeta fag confirmed

CCA is a better sequel to 0079 than Zeta. Zeta is pointless garbage no better than ZZ.
>>
>>13857797
>It's an objectively bad movie
No.But it's not an enjoyable movie.I'll give you this much.
>and even worse entry into the UC Gundam timeline
In terms of providing continuity and fanservice,I guess not.In terms of themes and characterization - it's all UC ever was about.
>>
>>13857865
Yes, ignore everything and stick to your internal narrative. You're a real winner, son.
>>
>>13857797
It's a good movie. I'm sorry you lack the taste to be able to appreciate it. Maybe you should stick to A/Z.
>>
>>13857061

he ordered his execution without knowing it was him
>>
>>13858514
>desperate bump
Here, I'll even give you a free bump
>>
>>13857025
He steals a Gundam, becomes a terrorist and eventually gets caught and sentenced to death.
>>
>>13857839
>The plot is all over the place
How so? It's pretty straightfoward.

>the characters are all fucking idiots that change direction faster than a chased squirrel
The only people that act stupid are the kids which is sort of the point.

>the actual fights are pretty poorly handled
I certainly don't agree with this at all. The battle at the end is absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>13858775
Oh the government officials were also stupid for trusting Char I guess, but those aren't major characters.
>>
>>13857865
So how do you deal with the fact that one of the big points of contention between Amuro and Char is Amuro's confusion at how Char has doubled back on what he talked up in Zeta?

Or are you just going to call 'Zetafag' rather than have to actually answer a question?

I'm betting the latter, but I'm feeling generous enough to give the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>13858786
>the government officials were also stupid
Again.That's the point.
>>
A movie chronicling the end of the Char and Amuro rivalry for some reason felt like it needed to essentially give us an even shittier Katz plot for two thirds of its running time, the mind boggles.
>>
>>13858860
Easily you can assume that the big speech ended up changing absolutely jack shit, and Char's frustration kept growing. He devoted most of his early life to avenge the death of his parents and without that driving force he struggled to find another cause worth fighting for.
But the cause he found wasn't one that he could easily accomplish. So he goes back to his roots, to his father's ideals. And he tries to make them real.
The return to those ideals could also explain why he started fixating on Lalah, a symbol of the Newtype his father spoke of.

It's fanon, sure. But that the movie doesn't deal with how things turned that way doesn't mean it wasn't possible. It makes it even more tragic because you don't really find out what broke Char that bad. And at the same it doesn't feel completely out of left field due to the way Char's usual charisma sells that insane plan.
>>
>>13857052
Besides the balding guy with the red tie and the black guy with the biker mustache all the other civilians look like mutants.
>>
>>13858903
I meant less in terms of explaining it, more how he can argue Zeta is irrelevant when it's prettymuch the biggest reason why Amuro's reaction to Char isn't "Well, Char's at it again" but rather "Come on, man! What the fuck?!"
>>
>>13858922
As expected of filthy Zeeks.
>>
>>13858956
I hope no soundly thinking person would argue that Zeta is irrelevant to CCA.
>>
>>13857232
The animation was fine, i didn't really mind it.
The pacing was acceptable but there were issues.
The only really unlikable characters were Quess and Hathaway, and that seems intentional.

It's not a bad movie, but it's got issues for days.
>>
>>13857852
I like Zeta AND CCA
Don't boogeyman the Zeta fans, i don't think they are at fault, i think there's just a lot of stupid people of multiple fan bases who didn't like the movie.
>>
>>13857025
>She's begging him to stop while totally defenceless
>he guns her down anyway
>>
>>13859095
That was so fucked up. That might have been one of the few things in a movie that made me legitimately angry.
>>
>>13859088
>if you don't like CCA then you're stupid!
Real mature.
CCA fans.
>>
I literally just finished this movie and I thought I hated Katz until I fucking saw this piece of shit. He's probably taken my slot for biggest piece of garbage in a fictional story.
>>
>>13857553
But in Zeta, most of the kids are also retarded. Like Katz.
>>
>>13859104
Are you taking that seriously? >>13862369
Katz really wasn't as bad as he's made out to be.
>>
>>13862455
Plus he was completely right about Axis Zeon. Funny how no one on here ever points out that he's being made to work with the people who killed his birth parents and destroyed his colony.
>>
>>13862455
He did the same shit with Sara as Hathaway did with Quess, almost 1:1.
>>
>>13862466
This. Katz is basically thw best character in Zeta.
>>
>>13862490
I don't recall him murdering someone defenseless in cold blood over it.

Katz's stupidity only got him killed. Hathaway's got people who didn't deserve it killed.
>>
>>13862518
>almost

Can you read properly?
>>
File: 1369932712678.jpg (116KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1369932712678.jpg
116KB, 1920x1040px
Anyone else start liking Quess after rewatching CCA? Hathaway just gets worse.
>>
>>13857039
>court martial
oh he gets much worse
>>
>>13862502
No. Yazan is.
>>
File: HASAULE-3-09.jpg (81KB, 643x907px) Image search: [Google]
HASAULE-3-09.jpg
81KB, 643x907px
>>13857025
>Hathaway turns on the Feds
>places the blame on them
>joins mafty: a terrorist organization
>changes his name
>steals the Xi Gundam (prutty kul mech tho)
>all for MUH LUV
>everything goes wrong
>gets captured
>his father sentences him to death
>right before he is executed ghost of Quess appears to him
>she saids he never loved him
>everything he did was for nothing

>Bright starts his own restaurant, living happily ever after.
>>
>>13863280
She*
>>
>>13863281
oh, also, Mufti
>>
>>13857504

I think it's because it's a shows worth of character development packed into a movie which make her seem insanely flighty, whereas if it were during 25-50 episodes it would seem more believable
>>
>>13858570
You're talking about an Hathaway that did not kill Chan though. I doubt the feds would allow movie Hathaway to be free after what he did.
>>
>>13858973
I and many others would. CCA works best as a direct sequel to 0079.
>>
>>13868204
>soundly thinking
>>
>>13867484
>insanely flighty
There's already two other series full of nutty teenage newtypes. It's not unbelievable. Hell, Quess is probably more down to earth than most of the other newtype girls.
>>
>>13868339

She's honestly the best example of manipulated newtype youth in Gundam and she was only in a movie. Damn, I wish CCA was an OVA. You're crazy if you think it needed 25-50 episodes for Quess' character to be believable.
>>
>>13862466
"hey Katz, we're gonna join forces with Axis Zeon. We can kill TeeTons faster "

" I don't trust like that "

" stfu bitch"

Granted he acted pretty stupid at times and jumping the gun got him in serious trouble ie; death
He was at least right in his morality and he saw right through Haman.
>>
>>13862490
Somewhat, except i found Sarah a bit more likable. She was obviously obsessed with Scirocco, yeah, but she wasn't extremely irritating to me.
Also what >>13862518 said.
>>
>>13862518
And as the icing on the cake, Katz killed Sarah with his own two hands.
>>
>>13871054
And she died protecting the man she loved from the guy who liked her.
>>
>>13871093
Just like LALAH
>>
>>13857839

I personally think there was really no need for Hathaway and Quess anyway. Just focus solely on Amuro and Char, goddamnit! That's what people want to see!
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.